Engi MOA ?!

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

fixing broken thread

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/653059691?t=2h08m30s

To clarify this, from stream is like 4s MoA AoE duration every 30s.

Basically it’s like a 4s Daze AoE (but u can press moa skills ).

Notice that you can use dodges and number 5 and duration would be basically expired.

It’s not clear if this MoA AoE can remove transformations.

Its very unlikely that it wont destroy nekro minions or cancel elite transformations. So just another “I win” skill for engis.

We don’t know this, probably it will transform for 4s and after that Lich, Rampage etc. will continue.

Transformations overwrite each other, so there is no reason why it wont be the case here.

The reason is because a skill with 30cd can’t overwrite an elite with 180cd for the entire duration.

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The reason is because a skill with 30cd can’t overwrite an elite with 180cd for the entire duration.

Yes, it can, that is how transformations are coded to work. It shouldn’t overwrite, but it can.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Yes but u know, they are devs, they can modify no sense stuff

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Yes but u know, they are devs, they can modify no sense stuff

They sure can, but they don’t exactly have a good history of doing that when it comes to Necromancers, so I’m not getting my hopes up.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

How the heck can they give an ability to any class the rendered 5 people ineffective for 4 seconds? WTF?

It essentially forces teams to have engies, simply for that fact alone.

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: official.7362

official.7362

i think the funniest thing was when they gave engis a revealed skill as if they needed any more reason to kitten on thief

whats new tho engis are always getting the best of everything

i jsut hope they bring up the pace of this game again im tired of this facetank meta

(edited by official.7362)

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Even if Aoe Moa would only last one nano second it would be overpowered as long as it deletes your minions, conjured weapons, guardian books and transformations.

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

My favorite part of reading about AoE Moa Morph from the Dulfy notes was reading how Lightning Hammer damage was being reduced because supposedly the devs consider it a little cheesy.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

If the cooldown for it was increased from 30s to 180s, an AoE Moa will still be considerably (over)powerful and disregard Mesmer’s elite.

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Even if Aoe Moa would only last one nano second it would be overpowered as long as it deletes your minions, conjured weapons, guardian books and transformations.

I agree with this. Still a lot of unknowns but thats the one thing that has me worried most of all.

Necromancer Main

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This doesnt make any sense…Moa to engi’s ? Why in the world ?
Do you people not learn from the mistakes aion made with spiritmaster ?

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

u are not rendered useless as moa if it was petrified then i would agree but u can still fight

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

u are not rendered useless as moa if it was petrified then i would agree but u can still fight

Its like giving someone a knife in a fight against a battletank with uranium ammo.

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

If it is still like moa form on mesmer its basically the same thing.

Here’s a nice scenario, Engineer runs into mid where the other team has 1 lich form and 1 warrior in rampage. He drops elixir x and they both turn into moas and lose their form. He proceeds to use elixir x to get rampage and stomps them both in seconds.

Doesn’t really seem balanced to me…..especially since mesmers have to take up an entire elite spot for the same thing except only on one person (most good mesmers i see use moa as a way to get rid of other classes forms i.e. rampage, lich, etc…)

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Extreme.8350

If it is still like moa form on mesmer its basically the same thing.

Here’s a nice scenario, Engineer runs into mid where the other team has 1 lich form and 1 warrior in rampage. He drops elixir x and they both turn into moas and lose their form. He proceeds to use elixir x to get rampage and stomps them both in seconds.

Doesn’t really seem balanced to me…..especially since mesmers have to take up an entire elite spot for the same thing except only on one person (most good mesmers i see use moa as a way to get rid of other classes forms i.e. rampage, lich, etc…)

Because lich is weak right not like you cant already kill 3 players on ur own with it.
utilities r suppose to be a gamechanger why do somone expect to facetank all abilities wtf

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Abandon All Hope!

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Because lich is weak right not like you cant already kill 3 players on ur own with it.
utilities r suppose to be a gamechanger why do somone expect to facetank all abilities wtf

And Engineers get access to two elite skills because one isn’t enough right? Now that’s a game changer, only class to have 2 elite skills….

AoE Moa → Elixier X into Tornado → Mid point turned into a Chickenado!!

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Extreme.8350

And Engineers get access to two elite skills because one isn’t enough right? Now that’s a game changer, only class to have 2 elite skills….

AoE Moa -> Elixier X into Tornado -> Mid point turned into a Chickenado!!

no engineers use anything else than supplycrate and they will nerf the turrets so it will barely make any difference

Engi MOA ?!

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

AoE Moa -> Elixier X into Tornado -> Mid point turned into a Chickenado!!

no engineers use anything else than supplycrate and they will nerf the turrets so it will barely make any difference

Nerf to turrets isnt as severe as people make it out to seem. Supply crate will still provide great ccs in team fights.

yes plenty engineers use elixir x, especially when they want to have fun. Having the toolbelt skill will make it way more useful than supply crate against warriors and necros.

No lich form isnt weak, but its also not that strong. Power necro isnt that great of a build against people who know what they are doing and lich form only works against people who have no patience and cant los.