Every Diamond I See

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i just got to diamond a few minutes ago. From Ruby tier 5 to 6 was hell in the past 3 days of solo queue. You’ll eventually get there.

[SA]

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Whenever I claim a few pips in ruby I get useless teams where people dont even know the basics, play naked to purposely die all the time and other crap.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I got 2 PIPS away from Diamond from Solo Q only…

It’s do-able.

It’s a lot easier for newer players though, they haven’t settled into a 50/50 win/loss ratio set by the system yet, which is why you see so many r40 and under already at legendary compared to all the legendary champions stuck in Ruby.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

i just got to diamond a few minutes ago. From Ruby tier 5 to 6 was hell in the past 3 days of solo queue. You’ll eventually get there.

But not if we soloQ stronghold?

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

So you are abusing the system then.:D

I do it when i really dont want to play with ppl. Be it for their toxic behaviour or be it for them beign really bad.

Works both ways tho, not with or against me. Just dont want u in my game.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Zewad.6138

Zewad.6138

Really dont understand all the “totally possible” and “just carry your matches”.

Most of the time i get teams that play like total pvp newbies. Pve builds and 0 map awareness.
Not to mention the amount of useless teefs and warrs that are either trolls(diamond trolls) or players that dont care about the meta.

I cant “carry” a match by myself. You know, teamplay and stuff.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Really dont understand all the “totally possible” and “just carry your matches”.

Most of the time i get teams that play like total pvp newbies. Pve builds and 0 map awareness.
Not to mention the amount of useless teefs and warrs that are either trolls(diamond trolls) or players that dont care about the meta.

It’s about matching your teammates style.

I think most people who think they get “bad teammates” is because they don’t know how to match their playstyle to their teammates playstyle. In short, it’s all about being adaptable.

Seeing your teammates like to +1 fights and left home being decapped a few times? Instead of insulting then, you can start watching home and intercept any opponent who wants to decap it.

Seeing your teammates dieing too much in team fights? It probably means they are using DPS builds. Heal them, or jumping into a fight first to consume the opponents big cooldown so your teammates can burst the opponents.

By adapting to your teammates, you increase your win rate a lot. I occasionally get matched with MMR tankers, but it’s fine because there is nothing I could do about that. However, if your teammates intend to win, you usually can adapt to their playstyle and allow them to maximize the potential of their builds/playstyle.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Zewad.6138

Pretty sure everyone try to adapt to their teammates (guessing everyone wanna win) but you cant adapt to inexperience.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

So you are abusing the system then.:D

I do it when i really dont want to play with ppl. Be it for their toxic behaviour or be it for them beign really bad.

Works both ways tho, not with or against me. Just dont want u in my game.

and i don’t want people who can’t fight in “My game”. you don’t alway’s get what you want though.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I made it to diamond solo queue, i only duo queued in amber. good luck.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Pretty sure everyone try to adapt to their teammates (guessing everyone wanna win) but you cant adapt to inexperience.

Adaptation comes with multiple levels. You can take a look at the weapon set and equiped skills of a teammate at the start and make a lot of good educated guesses.

For example, at the start of the match, you see your teammate running far. If that’s a bunker Mesmer, you can freely go for mid. However, if that’s a Shiro Rev, then definitely run far with him too. Alone, he might lose the 1v1. On the other hand, a power Rev in 2v1 can win you far very quickly.

Most people try to adapt, but sorry if I’m too frank, only people with decent adaptation skill can make it pass Diamond+ League solo/duo queue. It’s not only about mechanical skills. It’s about really understand the strength/weakness of your teammates without them asking for help.

It’s definitely doable. Many people did that.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

diamond is easy with soloQ, the hard part is the end of diamond when the system put esl players in the other team to prevent you from reaching legendary division

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

diamond is easy with soloQ, the hard part is the end of diamond when the system put esl players in the other team to prevent you from reaching legendary division

Yup xD. It’s sad to face ESL teams with Ambers/Emeralds in their party. Anyway, ANet said it’s fine, so there will be nothing we can do about it. I actually gained pips multiple times by getting 400+ points.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

No you can hardly have amber and emerald at end of diamond , it happened only if there is amber/emerald in both teams, most of time it’s diamond mixed with legendaries, but i can understand why legendary division player take an amber even if they are already in legendary, i soloq at legendary and most of the time its the same players, you have to wait 8+ min for a game and 90% of the time there is esl players.

(edited by Bebunw.8137)

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Gewd.8125

Gewd.8125

There are a lot of bad diamonds, that don’t deserve to be therebut solo queing to diamond legit is not that hard.

I would say it corresponds to maybe top 1000 in skill-level when the leaderboards were pure mmr based.

It will take time and you aren’t going to get there with a 90% win rate due to all the mmr tankers and bad matchmaking. But it is certainly possible in a week.

(edited by Gewd.8125)

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: WuGzaGenius.5684

WuGzaGenius.5684

@op stay emerald.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Zewad.6138

Adaptation comes with multiple levels. You can take a look at the weapon set and equiped skills of a teammate at the start and make a lot of good educated guesses.

For example, at the start of the match, you see your teammate running far. If that’s a bunker Mesmer, you can freely go for mid. However, if that’s a Shiro Rev, then definitely run far with him too. Alone, he might lose the 1v1. On the other hand, a power Rev in 2v1 can win you far very quickly.

Most people try to adapt, but sorry if I’m too frank, only people with decent adaptation skill can make it pass Diamond+ League solo/duo queue. It’s not only about mechanical skills. It’s about really understand the strength/weakness of your teammates without them asking for help.

It’s definitely doable. Many people did that.

Avoiding the point much ?
Inexperience.
Full spirit rangers going for the beasts.
Banners warriors taking down the gates with banner autoattacks.
Old school double dagger 11k hp teefs autoattaking with shortbow to help in teamfights.
Gs only necros.

All of this from amber to diamond t1/t2 . Guess how i got out the +1/-1 pip and into diamond? And ill have to do it again because i “fail to adapt” to those players.

Being blunt, I call bs on every single one of you that says soloq is easy up to diamond/legend1

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

It is certainly possible to reach diamond without abusing the system. Stop being mad at people for being better or more lucky than you.

It’s possible, but the fact that it’s possible to get their by cheating the system means there is no integrity in it…. There is no respect for the rank because of ArenaNet’s stack of failures. I continue to be convinced they see sPvP as a nice little side thing the PvE community comes and does when they get bored and nothing more. When ArenaNet starts taking sPvP seriously then the community will also. Until them, Diamond and Legendary are meaningless.

I’d love to enter into a public exchange with the ArenaNet staff on why they feel otherwise, they will never give me that. They won’t properly engage any of us because this is not a priority for them. They have more important things to attend to and they expect us to move on to other games if we are that unhappy.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Vatlaaw Fierceshot.5713

Soloq’d to Legend. You were saying?

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

I whisper them congratulations on cheating a broken system. As a solo Q’r your diamonds mean you grouped and took advantage of a flawed mechanic. I know many of you are good and fun to play with as I’ve been here fo eva but I solo and Anet kitten on my kind.

I made diamond solo, to be above t2 legendary you must exploit but it is even possible to reach legend without having to duo with ambers, since its not bannable, though, I’m tempted to try it lol.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Guarantee this guy was like 2 pips from Diamond then went on a massive losing streak and is back to t1 ruby. That would explain his blind rage at everyone here.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Kevin.4209

Kevin.4209

I whisper them congratulations on cheating a broken system. As a solo Q’r your diamonds mean you grouped and took advantage of a flawed mechanic. I know many of you are good and fun to play with as I’ve been here fo eva but I solo and Anet kitten on my kind.

What makes it so hard for you to accept that there are players in the game who are better than you?

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Pfft what are you talking about, people dont abuse mmr…

Attachments:

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Bawsii.7391

Bawsii.7391

got to legend all solo que, stop blaming others if you really struggle that much getting to legend

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Niekas.3854

Niekas.3854

I have soloed my way to Diamond. Soloed. Took roughly 350 games played, most of them on a non-meta build mesmer with an exception of 20ish games on a DH (19-1 W/L) and random games on Ele and Necro.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

im in diamond and i never group up with anyone, soloQ all the way baby

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Ninski.5680

Shocker! more mmr abusers, o well too bad all the diamonds that do it are as good as emeralds.

Attachments:

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Ninski.5680

Every match I play, diamonds mmr abusing for legendary #competitive #ESPORTS

Attachments:

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

^LOL at the map chat as it’s the Amber player trash talking like a Pro.

The audacity of some of you to defend this system. Meanwhile, while sitting in 11+ minute Q’s, one can simply read map chat and see the “LFAmber” request. It happens and it’s happening frequently. We need a Solo Q and it’s needed severely. Hopefully it’ll cut down Q times as I’m lucky if 50% of my time is even in a match. I’m stuck in the lobby on a Q more than I’m playing now.

Lastly, any PvP outside of “Snowball Mayhem” is nothing more than “Build Wars”. The balance team should start a CDI so we can get this fixed before the next season.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

But not if we soloQ stronghold?

screw stronghold lol

[SA]

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Will try Amber fly strat under purely experimental circumstances, though I have heard 1 Amber + one emerald + one legend and one diamond is the right ratio for optimal pips, maybe I can make an chart how broken it is lol.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

lol what if that Diamond player is a solo Q Warrior ?

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

More and more losses, I am banging my head on the wall and about to resort to paying an Amber player 100g.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

lol what if that Diamond player is a solo Q Warrior ?

OP seems like the kind of guy who would still trash talk them even if they weren’t on his own team.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Luisgolas.7046

Luisgolas.7046

As Far as I know (correct me if I’m wrong), if the mmr works perfect, everybody will have 50% win/losses.
Simplifying a bit, let’s assume that a win is a pip win, and a loss a pin loss.

Having that, has anybody calculated the expected number of matches to win 30 games more than lose?

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

2^30 more or less…so never.

this is why the league system is not working, you need to have only mmr.
the problem with mmr, is the same that was in gw1, after 30-40 matches you reach your skill position, and you can never go up or down.
the only way is : improve yourself or use a better build.

sUk Clan

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

It’s a lot easier for newer players though, they haven’t settled into a 50/50 win/loss ratio set by the system yet, which is why you see so many r40 and under already at legendary compared to all the legendary champions stuck in Ruby.

This is a true statement. With no adjustments made, the system can give a wider variety to more inexperienced players as it tries to figure out how to get them to 50/50. The more games you have the more you’re pegged within a +/- range that will hinder progression.

Let’s face it though. This only really matters if the division represent skill. I wish they did, but they are a grind fest. There is no need to be mean to people who are in Diamond or Legendary unless they think it means they’re good. Divisions are like personal scores in a match, they give no indication of skill.

Just play and try to have fun.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

This is a true statement. With no adjustments made, the system can give a wider variety to more inexperienced players as it tries to figure out how to get them to 50/50. The more games you have the more you’re pegged within a +/- range that will hinder progression.

Let’s face it though. This only really matters if the division represent skill. I wish they did, but they are a grind fest. There is no need to be mean to people who are in Diamond or Legendary unless they think it means they’re good. Divisions are like personal scores in a match, they give no indication of skill.

It’s funny because I haven’t seen any r40 or below in legendary. Or know of any. Simply put, it’s impossible for them because they haven’t grasped the in depth mechanics of the game. Their mmr may be more volatile but their lack of understanding and mechanical skill offsets that. It is easier for them to progress up the leagues, but only till ruby and possibly diamond. Moreover, mmr only accounts for 50% of matchmaking.

Also, I’ve found it very hilarious to see how contradictory people are. Many are, like you, fervent believers that divisions do not represent skill. Yet, they whine and make a big fuss when
1. They matched against players of a higher division than them
2. They are matched with players of a lower division than them

I mean, if they truly believe so, it shouldn’t matter what divisions their team mates and opponents are right?

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

(edited by ReaperJr.5967)

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

It’s funny because I haven’t seen any r40 or below in legendary. Or know of any. Simply put, it’s impossible for them because they haven’t grasped the in depth mechanics of the game. Their mmr may be more volatile but their lack of understanding and mechanical skill offsets that. It is easier for them to progress up the leagues, but only till ruby and possibly diamond. Moreover, mmr only accounts for 50% of matchmaking.

Also, I’ve found it very hilarious to see how contradictory people are. Many are, like you, fervent believers that divisions do not represent skill. Yet, they whine and make a big fuss when

I mean, if they truly believe so, it shouldn’t matter what divisions their team mates and opponents are right?

I don’t mind being paired with any divisions. It does bother me when I get paired with people that don’t know what they are doing. That is a true matchmaking problem. It has nothing to do with divisions, because divisions mean nothing.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

I don’t mind being paired with any divisions. It does bother me when I get paired with people that don’t know what they are doing. That is a true matchmaking problem. It has nothing to do with divisions, because divisions mean nothing.

I can assure you that you are the minority among those of similar mindset.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Just play and enjoy game, stop carring about pips Leagues are a joke anyway~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

The “If I don’t see it, it’s not true” logic is childish.

There’s a few low level legendaries, the person I have in mind, played Druid, key board turned, got on point and used his GS block without moving, got attacked and never moved just popped signant, then popped troll urgent, still not moving or dodging, that’s how he played his way to legendary.

There was also a thread a day or 2 ago about “Ultima Troll” afk’ing his way to legendary…. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/First-Legit-EU-Legendary/first#post5895465

In regards to mechanics, I didn’t realize we had stronghold available for the last 3 years, Or completely new builds with Elites, I honestly thought it came out with HoT, only a few months ago, which would put everyone on equal footing in terms of mechanics whether you’re rank 10 or rank 80.

We’re also really kidding ourselves if we think you need to possess any form of skill in the current meta, it’s so build and passive focused at the moment that any skill level can compete because the builds will carry the player, not vice versa.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Ufel.9504

Ufel.9504

SoloQ to diamond myself.
What helped me, especially through ruby, was having about 3 classes I was competent on and swapping accordingly to help round out my team’s comp. Those classes were Tempest, Reaper and Dragonhunter. I practiced on all 3 in unranked until I felt comfortable.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: lloydst.6985

lloydst.6985

Lol reached diamond today solo que only (only grouped withlower ranks for guildmissions in unranked) its possible even though the system doesnt want you though and the odds are against you

roaming/havoc commander of FTF

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

It’s about matching your teammates style.

I think most people who think they get “bad teammates” is because they don’t know how to match their playstyle to their teammates playstyle. In short, it’s all about being adaptable.

Seeing your teammates like to +1 fights and left home being decapped a few times? Instead of insulting then, you can start watching home and intercept any opponent who wants to decap it.

Seeing your teammates dieing too much in team fights? It probably means they are using DPS builds. Heal them, or jumping into a fight first to consume the opponents big cooldown so your teammates can burst the opponents.

By adapting to your teammates, you increase your win rate a lot. I occasionally get matched with MMR tankers, but it’s fine because there is nothing I could do about that. However, if your teammates intend to win, you usually can adapt to their playstyle and allow them to maximize the potential of their builds/playstyle.

Nay! What is this strange logic you wield? I must play the same way I always do, regardless of my teammates composition!!! If they die, it is surely their fault. I was totally removed from the battle, so clearly had nothing to do with their untimely demise!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Finally! Someone gets it! This is why it is totally fair for 3 legendaries to team up with two Ambers to fight against a bunch of Sapphires. The leagues don’t mean anything so it’s all basically even! :-)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

My D is Diamonds

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

There’s a few low level legendaries, the person I have in mind, played Druid, key board turned, got on point and used his GS block without moving, got attacked and never moved just popped signant, then popped troll urgent, still not moving or dodging, that’s how he played his way to legendary.

There was also a thread a day or 2 ago about “Ultima Troll” afk’ing his way to legendary…. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/First-Legit-EU-Legendary/first#post5895465

In regards to mechanics, I didn’t realize we had stronghold available for the last 3 years, Or completely new builds with Elites, I honestly thought it came out with HoT, only a few months ago, which would put everyone on equal footing in terms of mechanics whether you’re rank 10 or rank 80.

We’re also really kidding ourselves if we think you need to possess any form of skill in the current meta, it’s so build and passive focused at the moment that any skill level can compete because the builds will carry the player, not vice versa.

Can you give me specific examples of people who are low ranked but legendary then? Because the burden of proof is on you.

As for ultima troll, what the thread shows is that he has bad attitude. Doesn’t say anything about how good he is at the game.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The sad thing is… this is somewhat true. All you really need is two heavy set bunkers, like Druid or Mesmer, on any given team to snowball the game because no one can 1v1 or 1v2 these classes efficiently like we could prepatch.

GW2 is ridiculously in need of a balance patch…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Every Diamond I See

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Just made to diamond a few minutes ago. 100% soloQ. It’s not that hard. I’m back to work tomorrow, otherwise, I’m pretty sure I could get to Legendary in a week or smt. Took me 212 matches. I’m currently rank 40 in sPVP.

I’m a WvW player, but started playing sPvP because…well…WvW…

http://imgur.com/a/6Yylw

[HUE]