Experts: What class carries solos best?

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Question for the experts who have carried weak teams repeatedly:

What class and build helps carry a weak team most effectively?

What class would you avoid?

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Necro is for sure the best class to go solo que with.

They go crazy 1v1, very effective in teamfights, can bunker points, can solo bosses, fear bunkers off nodes and decap, get people into downed state off node and eliminate them from game by letting them bleed out.
For sure the best class to solo que with.

Engineer is most likely the worst class to carry with if you ask me. I mean, this one guy who is well known for playing engineer, he went elementalist as solo que instead of playing his well known engineer build. That alone goes to show how engineers are bad at carrying.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Contradictory to the post above, I think engineer is the best class to carry solo queue with. They can use celestial amulet effectively, they can fight 1vX at far node without dying, they are beast mode at 1v1 and have good mobility to move across the map if needed. If you are 1vXing at far node without dying and have the decap on, you are basically putting the team on your back.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

i think necromancer is great at carrying teams so long as the opposing team is not too well coordinated.

in a coordinated environment necro is often the first to be focused on (guess why, no stability/blocks/invulns and very dangerous if left unchecked) and if your team isn’t equally well beheaved and helps you out you aren’t going to carry much.

in PvP

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Your best bets will be either something that can stall 2-3 players consistently at far point, or a class that can quickly get rid of the dude trying to stall 2-3 of your teammates at home.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

aka engis
+ 15 charrrr

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Lol at the necro carrYing in solo.

Cele ele or engi.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Dave.2536

That necro may be the best suited for countering the ele or engi at your home, so it may not be a complete joke.

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hmmm….

Engi is for sure the best class to go solo que with.

They go crazy 1v1, very effective in teamfights, can bunker points, can solo bosses, push bunkers off nodes and decap, get people into downed state off node and eliminate them from game by letting them bleed out.

Necro is most likely the worst class to carry with if you ask me. I mean, this one guy who is well known for playing necro, he went elementalist as solo que instead of playing his well known necro build. That alone goes to show how necros are bad at carrying.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Yes, as a necro I get slaughtered if I have no team strong enough to keep them busy while I “set up” things and several come at me right away.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

hmmm….

They go crazy 1v1, very effective in teamfights, can bunker points, can solo bosses, push bunkers off nodes and decap, get people into downed state off node and eliminate them from game by letting them bleed out.

Necro is most likely the worst class to carry with if you ask me. I mean, this one guy who is well known for playing necro, he went elementalist as solo que instead of playing his well known necro build. That alone goes to show how necros are bad at carrying.

Ha.
Funny dude
Just thinking about the last part, I don’t know of anyone that mains a necro that swaps to a different class in games, unlike warriors, engineers, ele’s and thieves. I don’t recall ranger main’ers changing either. Like Euratien I’m pretty sure he never swaps out of ranger.

But ele’s like ZOOSEYBOY, Egggs, H man I’m pretty sure he switches, and Karmy.

Ranger and Necro too easy to carry thus no reason to switch. As for guardian, well they just guardians, I don’t see Stunningstyles playing a different profession.

If you have to swap your profession out, means they aint good at carrying, thus reason for swapping.

Most time when you lose to an engineer, its not because they easy to carry, its because that person playing the engineer is good. If it was easy to play an engineer than everybody would do it. I do have to say, that there condi cleanse needs some toning down. Hate seeing engineers act like ele’s splashing that water and condi cleansing like crazy, tone that kittener down.

in PvP

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Celestial Elementalist.
If you’re good at it, you can stall two players long enough for your team to pick up the slack 4v3.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Just ask Over Powered Necro, what class he plays, he wins a lot.

He aint no class swapper either, not to my knowledge.

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

That necro may be the best suited for countering the ele or engi at your home, so it may not be a complete joke.

In an organized group yes, they are perfect for countering them. But your teammates need to be used to working with necro. If you are just soloqing you almost can’t go wrng with ele or engi right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Best... Well, you can’t know what the team will need so it’ll need to be something that can adapt to the needs of the team, the opponents, and the state of the map. The obvious answer to that is of course any class that can use celestial stats effectively enough to be able to do all of those things, i.e engineer and elementalist. That being said, any build that can support or contribute significantly to a team fight is helpful - albeit not the "best for carrying" - since they are the less common to see i.e hambow, terror necro, bunker guardian.

Really though, any well played meta build can carry a team. More than that, if the teams are really bad, any decent player can carry a team.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

What does playing different professions have to do with anything? You post about as if it is a bad thing. personally, I think someone would be a fool not to swap to other professions and learn to play them well. It is very wise to understand what your opponents are coming at you with, and why.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in PvP

Dave.2536

In an organized group yes, they are perfect for countering them. But your teammates need to be used to working with necro. If you are just soloqing you almost can’t go wrng with ele or engi right now.

But if every ele/engi goes to far (as seems to be the trend these days) then the match basically becomes a contest of which team’s cele troll can troll more headless chickens longer than the other.

When it becomes more difficult to “out-ele” the other ele, that’s when you start thinking about hard countering that ele instead. After all, you’ll have the 1-3 headless chickens he’s trolling at home helping you out.

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

I main celestial Engineer in competitive Tpvp. I can carry better on Celestial engineer than anyone else can on their respective classes. The reason you see “pro” players swapping classes in Solo q is because they are bored with their main…. They do not care if they are winning solo qs…. All the top players would carry with their respective class.

If you are new however and want something easy to play that can “carry” id use the following builds

Brand New (you literally just bought the game off steam for 5$ and are bored)
Turret Engi
MM necro

Intermediate (You took a portal from PvE land)
Celestial Ele
Celestial Engi
S/d or D/p Thief
Necro

Basically in order to carry I think you need a build that can kill others. Supporting builds such as guards and some warriors can have trouble carrying because they rely on their teams doing damage. I recommend that you run something with high mobility and high damage..

TLDR : If you are already playing the game, and you are good, you will carry…. If you are not very good but want to carry, try cele ele or engi these builds can support a wide range of skill from newbie to advanced… if you still can’t carry… well i think GASMs dungeon squad is recruiting

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if you still can’t carry… well i think GASMs dungeon squad is recruiting

dont tell people to leave. why would you tell people to leave.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Question for the experts who have carried weak teams repeatedly:

What class and build helps carry a weak team most effectively?

What class would you avoid?

Turreturd engi for low level (Sad but true)

Average decent celestial ele or engi, good (And i mean really GOOD) thief or mesmer for higher levels…but since thief and mesmer are probably the hardest classes to play, and even more at high level i’ll suggest to stick to some meta celestial bs keeping 2 ppl on far forever while you hope for your team doing something while 4v3

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

In my opinion, the best builds to carry your team are (assuming all 10 players are bad), in that order:
- Turret engi: sit on far the whole game, watch your foes die one by one after they respawn.
- Cele or condi engi: great in 1v1, good in team fights, great mobility, fits every comp. Doesn’t work if the other team has one or two necros.
- Cele engi: Better in 1v1, but can’t 1v2 as long as the previous builds. Try to help in team fights.
- Terrormancer: Counters the other team engis and elementalists, and not that popular: you’re not likely to enter a full necro team.

What you should NOT play if you want to help a hopeless team:

S/d or D/p Thief

- No. I’m a big fan of yours but that’s just not true. Even if the new matchmaking has made profession stacking less of a problem, it still happens, and having 2 or 3 thieves in your team will most of the time make you loose. And I’m not even speaking about downed scrubs spamming their downed abilities, making you waste your only reliable way of ressing people (SR)
- Shatter mesmer: if your PUG doesn’t have a thief and theirs do, you’re through.
- Ranger longbow: noone likes you. Find a team that accepts to put up with your stupid build or go condi.
- SD engineer: yes, running engineer solo is not ALWAYS a good idea.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

What does playing different professions have to do with anything? You post about as if it is a bad thing. personally, I think someone would be a fool not to swap to other professions and learn to play them well. It is very wise to understand what your opponents are coming at you with, and why.

He asks what class carries the best, and its the Necro.

If you have to swap your class because its not any good to a class that’s good, than that class clearly isn’t best at carrying solo que players.

I’m with you about you should try every class, but as far as carrying solo que’s…. Necro.

Now sometimes you gotta carry extremely heavy loads, and not even a necro can do it, maybe overpowered necro can lift extreme amounts in solo que but it can be very difficult at times.

Take a look at this necro trying to carry his team.

You think those 4 warriors are gw2 only play for achievement type players (+1 achievement for winning pvp as a warrior)? Obviously that necro had a lot of weight to carry. I think if that was an overpowered necro, it could be possible to pull it off with that amount of weight to carry, but any other class wouldn’t even stand a chance.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Easy. Any OP spec:

1. nade cele engi
2. d/d cele ele
3. turret engi (for all but the highest level of ranked queue)

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

hmmm….

Ha.
Funny dude
Just thinking about the last part, I don’t know of anyone that mains a necro that swaps to a different class in games, unlike warriors, engineers, ele’s and thieves. I don’t recall ranger main’ers changing either. Like Euratien I’m pretty sure he never swaps out of ranger.

Ranger and Necro too easy to carry thus no reason to switch. As for guardian, well they just guardians, I don’t see Stunningstyles playing a different profession.

If you have to swap your profession out, means they aint good at carrying, thus reason for swapping.

Most time when you lose to an engineer, its not because they easy to carry, its because that person playing the engineer is good. If it was easy to play an engineer than everybody would do it. I do have to say, that there condi cleanse needs some toning down. Hate seeing engineers act like ele’s splashing that water and condi cleansing like crazy, tone that kittener down.

And whats funny is that most people who complain about Engis are Mesmers. Shows how garbage the majority of the Mesmer mains are in reality.

Engi takes A LOT more skill than Mesmer yet they refuse to understand that Engi requires skill shots to land, have really bad stun breaks, and is unable to fight back when CC’d.

In fact Engi is probably one of the hardest classes much like Thief.

Granted that Engi is the more rewarding class for when you are good at the game, it just doesn’t make sense that people don’t understand why Engi is hard unless it’s maybe turrets which isn’t even a viable build in 5s anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

Engi is your best bet. Other than that, a good mesmer who knws how to use portal can also carry most of their match unless ofc you’re on a very high lvl of pvp.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

hmmm….

Ha.
Funny dude

And whats funny is that most people who complain about Engis are Mesmers. Shows how garbage the majority of the Mesmer mains are in reality.

Engi takes A LOT more skill than Mesmer yet they refuse to understand that Engi requires skill shots to land, have really bad stun breaks, and is unable to fight back when CC’d.

In fact Engi is probably one of the hardest classes much like Thief.

Granted that Engi is the more rewarding class for when you are good at the game, it just doesn’t make sense that people don’t understand why Engi is hard unless it’s maybe turrets which isn’t even a viable build in 5s anyways.

Wow this guy doesn’t give up, man you are nowhere to be seen in any pre patch ladder (On NA too lol) so please…just…stop

I still think you’re trolling hard anyway but if, for some reason, you’re actually serious you definately need to find your brain…cause it’s not there, that’s for sure

Or maybe you keep meeting reterded condi mesmers, pu and worthless stuff like that in your matches…in that case all of this would probably make sense

Condi mesmers, pu, permastealth and all that crap are on the same level as turret engis….you can train a monkey with no hands to play that and he would be pretty decent just hitting random buttons and running in circles…too bad condi mesmers are not nearly as good (Well not good..let’s say anoying, no good engi on earth plays turrets) as turreterds in pvp..condi mesmers are more like “Lol guys look…there’s a condi mesmer, he probably messed up with buttons in wvsw and ended up here” ….you got the idea…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Condi Engi would have to be #1, jack of all trades, master of destroying pugs.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I have to go with an Engineer as well on this one. ^Jack of all trades and master of many of them, too.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Necro is a good class, but it is too easy to counter 1vs1. A half decent thief should be able to 1vs1 most necros and 2 players should definitely kill it pretty quickly.

The common tanky, aoe farting engi and ele builds on the other hand can 1vsX for a long time. I have also noticed some mesmers going far with a trollish build, again they can 1vsX for quite some time especially against newer players, but its harder for them to hold a point. That shout warrior build seems pretty good as well for carrying.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

Anything that push far, bunk and still kill things 1v1 will carry you high.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Either Ele or Engi. Because they are basically good at anything; they can roam, have high mobility, decent sustain en can defend a node, while still having a nice damage output.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Ele and engi are solid choices, although when it comes to carrying solos, oftentimes that means trying to hold 2 points by yourself, because a lot of the people that you get put with are SO bad that they only know how to zerg to home or zerg off points, in which case mesmer is also a good choice for the portal and mobility, although stealth and not staying on the points can screw you over if you can’t burst people down fast enough.

I’ve had so many fights where I’ll be holding off 3, or even KILLING 3 at mid or far and my teammates are all zerging off point dying to their remaining 2 while the other points belong to the enemy, so sometimes it’s just hopeless and you can’t carry everyone lol.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

They go crazy 1v1, very effective in teamfights, can bunker points, can solo bosses, fear bunkers off nodes and decap, get people into downed state off node and eliminate them from game by letting them bleed out.

Engineer is most likely the worst class to carry with if you ask me. I mean, this one guy who is well known for playing engineer, he went elementalist as solo que instead of playing his well known engineer build. That alone goes to show how engineers are bad at carrying.

I see wut you did there.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Cele spirit ranger with traveler runes. I’ve been having a lot of wins lately on my ranger. 2 thieves and 1 mesmer on my team, no problem. It can bunk as good as a cleric guardian and can burst as good as a zerk thief (call lighting hitting up to 4k by stacking might and fury. lol).

Rangers stacking on one team is actually good. I’ve had some matches with 2 other rangers and more and still won in the end. Pew pew pew is not just fun but highly effective.

Disclaimer: This is only for unranked. I don’t que for ranked anymore. No team to play with and the queue just takes forever.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: rseqw.9706

rseqw.9706

cele engi and ele /thread

in PvP

Posted by: Surreal.5243

Surreal.5243

Clearly thief due to his ability of constantly outnumbering fights / beeing able to fast decap open points.

If youre not good with thief then go for Cele Ele/Engi since theyre the strongest classes overall and have high potential of winning 1v1’s along with great aoe dmg/grp support.

Read it Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

He asks what class carries the best, and its the Necro.

If you have to swap your class because its not any good to a class that’s good, than that class clearly isn’t best at carrying solo que players.

I’m with you about you should try every class, but as far as carrying solo que’s…. Necro.

Now sometimes you gotta carry extremely heavy loads, and not even a necro can do it, maybe overpowered necro can lift extreme amounts in solo que but it can be very difficult at times.

Take a look at this necro trying to carry his team.

You think those 4 warriors are gw2 only play for achievement type players (+1 achievement for winning pvp as a warrior)? Obviously that necro had a lot of weight to carry. I think if that was an overpowered necro, it could be possible to pull it off with that amount of weight to carry, but any other class wouldn’t even stand a chance.

Can you post some more scoreboards because seeing the scoreboards at the end of a game tells us so much about that game.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

I wouldnt say im an expert, but thieves, mesmers and maybe d/d eles. All are very mobile which helps you control the side points while pugs 4v4 it out in mid, plus all are good in a 1v1 (or at least good enough to run away if youre outmatched). And thieves especially are good at outnumbering fights, like when that bearbow ranger insists on pushing far and starts dying to a war or a turret engi. Only downside is if you get on a 3 thief team you cant swap chars anymore, so in those cases the ele is less risky

If your team gets steamrolled at mid then youre better off on a necro or engy, but i guess it depends on who youre matched with. So the safest bet would have to be an ele, but really any class can do if you play well

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Clearly thief due to his ability of constantly outnumbering fights / beeing able to fast decap open points.

If youre not good with thief then go for Cele Ele/Engi since theyre the strongest classes overall and have high potential of winning 1v1’s along with great aoe dmg/grp support.

Bad thief is probably the last thing you want in your team, too bad i still see thieves so crap that they actually manage to lose vs mesmers, i really dunno how but they do, i swear…also had 2 thieves 1 s\d 1 d\p going far vs one shatter mesmer (So you just think by yourself “Ok we’re gonna get far”) and you actually see both of them getting stomped by that random shatter mesmer…then just for the lulz you ask the d\p in teamchat if he was running panic strike at least…and the answer was “Panic strike is for noobs” …while losing 2v1 vs a shatter mesmer apparently is not..

Our pvp playerbase always amazes me

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Necro is a good class, but it is too easy to counter 1vs1. A half decent thief should be able to 1vs1 most necros and 2 players should definitely kill it pretty quickly.

If the Necro knows how to play, he can 1v1 anything with almost no problem. 1v2 noobs is a piece of cake as well. Theif should never attack a necro 1v1….you get rekt. IF the necro has zero life force, then the theif has a shot; but there’s no way to tell, so you don’t do it (2 LB’s = dead theif). I can’t tell you how many solo Q’s I go into as necro and take out 1v3 and cap the point. Newbs be newbs and they won’t stand a chance on a class that can put out a ton of damage fast.

As for the OP, I would say a tank class that can hold off 1v2 for a long time at far(?) while the rest of the noobs struggle to go 4v3 and then eventually take the other point. It all depends on what classes the other team has, as some counter others hard. The go to carry all class would differ from each enemy team comp. Cele ele could probably do the job overall (if I don’t think of enemy team comp).

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

If the Necro knows how to play, he can 1v1 anything with almost no problem. 1v2 noobs is a piece of cake as well. Theif should never attack a necro 1v1….you get rekt. IF the necro has zero life force, then the theif has a shot; but there’s no way to tell, so you don’t do it (2 LB’s = dead theif). I can’t tell you how many solo Q’s I go into as necro and take out 1v3 and cap the point. Newbs be newbs and they won’t stand a chance on a class that can put out a ton of damage fast.

I guess I haven’t met a necro that knows how to play since the dhumfire nerf then because necro is pretty much the only class I feel confident to kill or at least close to kill on my thief in a 1vs1. Other classes depends on their build. I have never seen a necro take out 1vs3 and cap a point. Maybe you were mistaking Mesmer clones for actual players?

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

I guess I haven’t met a necro that knows how to play since the dhumfire nerf then because necro is pretty much the only class I feel confident to kill or at least close to kill on my thief in a 1vs1. Other classes depends on their build. I have never seen a necro take out 1vs3 and cap a point. Maybe you were mistaking Mesmer clones for actual players?

LOL. Naw, was engi, ranger, theif on my latest venture. Secondly, you wouldn’t stand a chance against me 1v1 as a theif. You be lucky to survive 5 seconds and that is if you dodge roll twice.

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The whole idea of a carry class is over-rated and really an excuse making tool for poor/delusional players ie if I just would play X class I would be doing a lot better on average.

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

The whole idea of a carry class is over-rated and really an excuse making tool for poor/delusional players ie if I just would play X class I would be doing a lot better on average.

I started the thread to get some ideas about what class would help more in the nightmare matchups that the non-matcher now throws at a solo’er after a few minutes in the queue.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

A necromancer starting with full LF is an uphill battle for any class

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

I also call bullkitten on a necro winning a 1v3. That didn’t happen. If an engi a ranger and a theif couldn’t kill you, let alone die themselves they were afk.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Celestial Rifle Engineer and Celestial D/D Elementalist.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

engi & ele lol is this even a question? possibly bunker gaurdian/warrior

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

if your extremely good at any build you can carry a game by playing the objectives properly.

From what ive seen ele’s and engis turn the tides of games pretty often, other then that just play what you enjoy and master it.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

engi & ele lol is this even a question? possibly bunker gaurdian/warrior

Bunker Guard isn’t very good for carrying. You rely heavily on your teammates. They need to understand you need to be the one rotating to all the team fights and not just 1vX on a point. Most people don’t understand this, and soloq on bunker Guard can be one of the most frustrating things ever. If you have a competent team, then yes bunker Guard can carry. If you don’t, you’re pretty much useless.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)