Extended Off-Season and Other Updates

in PvP

Posted by: Lycan.1762

Lycan.1762

Hi PvP team,
I just wanted to voice my concern about, making decisions thru polls. They are a great decision maker but players aren’t aware of their power in casting a vote. In this case, for example, I think solo and duo queue will win the poll, if so, what may happen (I hope it wont) is that players will party together for a 5v5 less often then they did in previous seasons, because it has been dying as a concept mindset in the whole gw2 community. The often changes to generic pvp stuff like the league system cripples the community weather they are great or bad changes, What I mean is it has been encouraging players to party together for every match to achieve better results but it has been discouraging to face teams with different party numbers, and so, players usually start to feel indifference between playing solo or in party because they don’t see much progress in either option.
This brings me to the point… Will players that still have interest in PVP as gametype be aware of the changes you will make to solo/duo and 5man party? will it encourage to duo-queue only and discard the 5v5 premades? if so, will it the esports scenery suffer from this changes? won’t 5v5 queue times spike ? what can be done to encourage players to 5v5 besides badges? What short term consequences will the average player see with those changes? might we see a domino effect that hurts the pvp community on the mid and long term, like it has been for a while?
This are mine concerns. Btw, I’m in favour of solo/duo queues lock-down. But there has to be great incentive for me to search/join/form teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

[Solo+Duo]++++[Team PvP]

Yes please

Tired of not getting matched up against good teams like EzPz, Nvr Lucky, etc.
Tired of having the same YoloSolo players as teamates.

A few of us here actually crave more competition.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

A message from the PvP Team:

First, we wanted to let you know that the off-season between Seasons 4 and 5 will be longer than previous seasons. We’re working on some significant changes to the league system and we decided that we’d rather wait until the league changes are ready to ship before starting the next season of PvP. We haven’t completed our internal “is it ready to ship?” checklist, so we can’t dive into the specific changes or give the start date for Season 5, but you can read-up on what we’re hoping to address in this post. We’ll be giving you a full run-down of the changes prior to release.

This sounds fine, but the important bit is, once you guys do announce the intended changes, if the players go “NO, that is a bad idea, we do not want that, and here’s why. . .” are you guys prepared to change the game in response to that feedback, or will you insist on pushing out your version anyway, and only get around to fixing things for the next patch. That’s where you guys tend to get into trouble, you don’t let us know what’s coming until it’s too late to do anything about it, so that when it turns out what’s coming is something nobody actually wants, nothing gets done about that.

I think it would be far easier to let us know what’s planned before it’s too late to fix it, so that maybe we can head off a disaster like the first league year.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

gw2 player base is not big like moba (dota 2, lol)

having only 1 team mm is better than seperate them to solo que, team que, etc2

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

Oh wow, doing polls for PvP and waiting until the changes for PvP are ready rather than shipping to early to meet a deadline. This is a huge step forward in my opinion and I look forward to the changes to come.

Thank you PvP Team!

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

gw2 player base is not big like moba (dota 2, lol)

having only 1 team mm is better for premades than seperate them to solo que, team que, etc2

fix’d

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

One thing you guys really should invest in is giving the PvP team balance abilities since we’ve implemented the PvE / PvP skill split (would like to see a split for WvW too), and I think that this would go a long way towards increasing player satisfaction as a whole.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

This is so kreygasm man
I just hope you can still premade with a team without being forced to play unrank

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I’d like a 5 player team only access to the Ranked and a Improvement of the LFG System for sPvP, making it similar to the Fractal one dividing Unranked and ranked in every League Level: Amber, Emerald, Sapphire….. making players unable to search for players over they’re grade (only via LFG while in solo, in private teams you would still be able to play with every level your freinds are, also if your friends are at higher level, you count your half premade team or 2-3-4 players as the level of the higher player for the LFG limit).

That will make the community able to play faster using an already existant game system: no need to match making why they all will be more or less at the same league level and not need to match them with other players in the entire world why they will already be in 5 and ready to start.

That can be a great thing for sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: AIJ.3784

AIJ.3784

Not allowing full teams to play together is not a smart more if that whats planned. Playing together in pvp is one of the social activity`s our guild really enjoy. We are not particularly good and we have all from seasoned veterans to green rookies. No matter we still gather together to socialize while trying to kick the enemies buts….or run for our lives…

The only way I can see something like this working is changing to the old system with solo q and team q. Of course than population might become a problem… difficult decisions for you ArenaNet

You should still be able to play as a team.
But you can’t earn personal prestige by playing in a premade team.
I think this is fair.

The problem is then that you dont get any personal prestige, and with players being concerned by getting that during the season will likely split up the group in the period were the season lasts. So even if we could go unranked sometimes it still will in practices stop us from playing together during the season.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Not allowing full teams to play together is not a smart more if that whats planned. Playing together in pvp is one of the social activity`s our guild really enjoy. We are not particularly good and we have all from seasoned veterans to green rookies. No matter we still gather together to socialize while trying to kick the enemies buts….or run for our lives…

The only way I can see something like this working is changing to the old system with solo q and team q. Of course than population might become a problem… difficult decisions for you ArenaNet

I tend to agree, I think full teams should be able to play together, the problem is just that if the other team has a significant advantage going in (and being a full team can be a huge advantage, even if it isn’t always), then it is annoying to be on the receiving end of that, especially when the rewards are based entirely on who wins.

I think that it’s important that they separate the reward mechanisms as much as possible from team victory. Like if you face a pre-made team, even if you lose there should be ways to earn pips. That’s what made season 1 the best season of this year. The less players have to worry about which team wins, and they can focus on doing the best they are capable of under the circumstances, the better they can feel about the experience.

If they end up on a team of complete losers against a team of really great players, they don’t have to think “well that’s great, it’ll break my winning streak and lose me a pip on top of that,” they can just think “huh, well no matter how this turns out I’ll get one pip for how bad the rest of my team obviously is, and another for how awesome that other team is, so I might as well have fun and maybe learn a few things from the experience.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Why can’t there be a solo/duo que and a team que for ranked?

Who is being paid to come up with these ideas! Like, I get it, the population is low, sure. But, by removing team and solo que combined leagues for solo/duo only you will surely lose a % of the population.

Like, this is your job. We can play another game really easy but getting a new job can be difficult.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

For teams we already have guild teams. And anyone can make a guild and invite people, that’ll make players who want to queue as teams focus more in guilds and more frequent teammates, and we can always have more of that.

Guild are kind of this side thing some people won’t even think about. They can use some more prominence.

Solo/Duo queueing has been proven to work better under many circumstances in many other games, and get faster and more balanced teams on average.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

The solution is rather simple, give the team with disadvantage an extra pip if they win/no lost pip if they lose – like in season one – but unlike season one SAY IT!

EG;
1 extra pip because your enemy had an way higher MMR
1 extra pip because 5 solo player won against a 3 man premade
1 extra pip because you won even with 2 divisions difference etc

Nobody is angry because of loses, nobody is angry because of close matches, afk, class disadvantages etc etc – they are only mad because they lose a pip – that’s all they see and care for – including me!

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

A message from the PvP Team:

Second, in the next few weeks we’ll be running a poll that asks if you’d like to see PvP Leagues switch to a solo/duo queue only system, rather than allowing rosters of any size (1 through 5 players). This is potentially a very big change for PvP, so we wanted to get it on your radar ahead of time so you can ruminate, discuss it together now, and then share your opinion on the poll when it is available.

The PvP Team

not sure if i understand it correct…..if i vote for yes on that poll then only solo/duo queues are possible ? what about 3 people or more partys ? what about guild teams ?

i am a solo player and have played all 4 seasons as solo and i would love a solo queue, but if for some reason i sudenly want to go esports and somehow i found a team, how would we fight other teams? is there anything for teams to practice other then AG tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

GW2 had a “Solo Arena” and a “Team Arena” for quite a long time. Solo Arena was removed despite quite a bit of protest. ( I was one of the voices protesting it’s removal )

From where I sit, there is no question that the new mixed queue reduced average match quality. It also failed to promote teams. Instead, it promoted farming solos.

Combining solo and team arena has been a clear failure in my opinion. It has contributed to a lot of kittened off players along the way as they got hammered by farm teams.

ANET chose to amplify the effect by making stacked matches for 2 seasons. That, too, was pretty clearly not successful. A secondary effect was that many team farmers were lifted far above there true level by being matched against PUGs. Hence, the system tends not to promote skilled play.

TLDR: The old system of Solo Arena and Team Arena had consistently better match quality. Many players have been lifted far above there true skill level by stacked matches. Team vs randoms is just another form of stacked match.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I’ll be honest, I quit PvP and GW2 mostly when they decided to remove solo queue and change the whole leaderboard system from not even knowing if you’re top 10% or top 1000 anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

I think bringing back SoloQ is a great idea, especially for boosting pvp numbers again. After reintroducing it, it might then be possible to add 5-player queues later on for more organized parties. I think the priority should be getting our players back, and SoloQ will do it.

in PvP

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

You’re forgetting the key component of getting a team in a first place. Playing with players and slowly adding on guys you do well with until you have a team that knows how to work together.

You don’t just pick 5 random guys and start scrimming 5 other random people and have an ESL or even AG ready team. You build your team up slowly while trying to play seriously and meet other new players during then.

Where are these 3-4-5 man groups supposed to play and start learning how to work together? Unranked? Might as well go stomp people in hotjoin.

You can do the same and better with a solo / duo queue.

If your goal is to make a full team for a competitive scene, you can easily identify duo or solo players you think are good and know/invite them for practice in duo or in pvt arenas orgainizing duel and duo vs duo etc.

It’s totally useless adding people to make trio or 4 guys and going against random people in ranked, the only thing you can have is a negative feedback, maybe you think your team is good but in reality is not because you only stomp random players.

I repeat, the only sense right now to make a full team and going ranked is minimizing the chance to get “bad people” in your team and farming ranked.

Stop.

For other goals there are better things you can do and a solo / duo queue only helps more.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Full solo q + team q.

Being able to join solo/duo q. Duo q is still a very big advantage. Yes i said very big. Still not fair vs full solo players. As 2 good players in duo q farm to higher division easier/faster than someone that have same skill but full solo player and they have to work harder/more stress/frustration on solo players. Don’t allow players easy mode higher division they don’t deserve vs full solo players. Let everyone fight just as hard as every solo player. If they want to party then team q is there for them. Its the only way for more balanced games.

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

Wow, let’s play a team based ranked games without giving a team a shot.

@confused

No offense to the Pros, but this is a casual game. We have nothing in comparison to real ESL games, so realistically we are trying to be Pro in a touch football little league junior match.

This is casual game ONLY for people who see it casually. sPvP is something competitive and everything competitive has a pro side. Is like telling that handball isnt a professional sport because very few people see it that way comparing to football. But handball is a sport even if is not a top popular one. Unlike what most people believe profesionalism has to do with competition. Not with popularity. Is you who have to understand that sPvP is something competitive and will always have a pro scence and in a esport direction , but has lots of casual play it too…not the other way.

I’m not saying there’s no Pro scene at all, I’m saying in Comparison to LoL and DOTA and other games, we are the junior league football match. Every junior league has the best players/teams. (in terms to what you quoted me anyway)

Comparing a MMO RPG game like GW2 with MOBA games as you did , is like comparing handball with football. Of coarse MOBA have and will always have probablly much more fans than MMO RPGs for reason i can explain. Also football has and will always have probablly much more fans than handball. That dont make handball a non-sport neither a MMO RPG a non-esport. Makes them small sports and esports tho.But still as any sport and esport the core of game is competition. And in competition environment you cant expect to develope according the wishes of the so called casual players. You develope according the view of competitive ones.Simple.

P.S. Still waitting from developers an answer about their plans about Teams , Tournaments (expect AG) , Pro League , Challenger series etc… i know answer me is not (and should not) be your 1st priority at this moment. But i would love an answer ^^

(edited by Emmrahil.1934)

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Second, in the next few weeks we’ll be running a poll that asks if you’d like to see PvP Leagues switch to a solo/duo queue only system, rather than allowing rosters of any size (1 through 5 players). This is potentially a very big change for PvP, so we wanted to get it on your radar ahead of time so you can ruminate, discuss it together now, and then share your opinion on the poll when it is available.

Here is a potentially more favourable idea:

• Leaved Ranked as it is, like the old Team queue.
  • Add a second Ranked queue for solo players ONLY, like the old Solo queue. During off-season, both Ranked Team, and Ranked Solo become Unranked Team and Unranked Solo, respectively. This will not “undo” the recent popular change to keep Ranked queue open during off-season, because the main reason for that was to have a queue without Spirit Watch, Skyhammer, and beta maps remain available, and this will remain the case for the Unranked Team and Unranked Solo queues during off-seasons.
  • Remove the non-“competitive-approved”maps from Unranked and re-name it “Casual/Beta,” where players can go to play on the beta maps and non-competitive, exclusively (Spirit Watch, Skyhammer, Revenge of the Capricorn, Collosium).
EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Introduce a 2nd rating for queueing as a team, limit the mmr range on premades during seasons et voila, most problems solved without splitting playerpool – again.

Both sides happy. No poll needed.

Btw, Im absolutely AGAINST premade/solo-mixed queue in the current system. Imo its one of the reasons MMR is so skewed, and matchquality is so bad.

in PvP

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

I only need to complete 1 division to reach the legendary wings, I have to wait months until this or what?

no, you have missed your chance to get the legendary wings. they said they will add a way to get it again later on, but most likely it will be a different method entirely
you cant complete the achieves anymore

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Third, many of you have asked and we wanted to confirm: the next balance update will ship this month.

be specific!

Shatterstone will now apply 2 extra stacks of vulnerability.
To compensate for this buff the recharge time has been increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yes for Solo Q! This alone will improve the league and the matchmaking, I’m certain of it. It was a huge mistake to get rid of it.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Here is a potentially more favourable idea:

• Leaved Ranked as it is, like the old Team queue.
  • Add a second Ranked queue for solo players ONLY, like the old Solo queue. During off-season, both Ranked Team, and Ranked Solo become Unranked Team and Unranked Solo, respectively. This will not “undo” the recent popular change to keep Ranked queue open during off-season, because the main reason for that was to have a queue without Spirit Watch, Skyhammer, and beta maps remain available, and this will remain the case for the Unranked Team and Unranked Solo queues during off-seasons.
  • Remove the non-“competitive-approved”maps from Unranked and re-name it “Casual/Beta,” where players can go to play on the beta maps and non-competitive, exclusively (Spirit Watch, Skyhammer, Revenge of the Capricorn, Collosium).

Ok, THAT is brilliant. This I can get behind.

in PvP

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

1 mm already took forever to que…2 mm? ggwp

in PvP

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I just hope the balance won’t affect PvE poorly

in PvP

Posted by: lyrical fire.6458

lyrical fire.6458

I second having 2 queues, one for solo/duo and one for full 5-man groups.

Half the fun was being able to play with guildies and go on TS, or to play with a friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

You can play with guildies and friend in team q against other premaders.
As i said leave the solo q true solo q.
I don’t really want to play games where my team is full of solo players that are against 2 good duo players that carry enemy team while my team is full solo and can’t kill anyone.
Also i don’t really want to play with low skilled duo in my team against higher skilled duo enemy team. Ive played some matches before where my team had premaders as a solo player. They went far the whole game to die in seconds. I don’t want that no thanks.

True solo q so we get better statistics on who is better on their own without duo/premade babysitting carry.

You get more accurate statistics about your skill if you do true solo q as lower skilled people don’t get carried where they don’t belong and 2 skilled duo not able then to farm wins and get easy fast division jumps where they don’t belong.

If you make sure we can see on statistic somwhere who are the top solo players then we have more chance people will make new pvp teams that works and can be even better than current ones. As we want competition.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

From what I see there is a lot for existing players to be hopeful about. There is also some consideration in making it more attractive to new players. What I don’t see is any mechanism or idea proposed to help educate new players.

Today I visited the “PVP Instructor”, all I was shown was a few circles on the map directing me to NPC’s. How that “instructs” a new player on how to play is beyond me. Point in case, match earlier today one of my teammates bunked far on Foefire the entire match because they thought it was home.

Newbies need some basic education before they are thrown to the wolves. It may be too late for this to be considered or included for next update, but it must be made a priority.

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

From what I see there is a lot for existing players to be hopeful about. There is also some consideration in making it more attractive to new players. What I don’t see is any mechanism or idea proposed to help educate new players.

Today I visited the “PVP Instructor”, all I was shown was a few circles on the map directing me to NPC’s. How that “instructs” a new player on how to play is beyond me. Point in case, match earlier today one of my teammates bunked far on Foefire the entire match because they thought it was home.

Newbies need some basic education before they are thrown to the wolves. It may be too late for this to be considered or included for next update, but it must be made a priority.

If good players would be lowered in their rank, they could teach new players – but they would expose this mechanic for winstreaks and reward tracks

But if new players get rated higher, when they team up – they have to learn really quickly!

There is no simple solution, one option could be a lanista ( http://m.tribunesandtriumphs.org/gladiators/gladiator-schools.htm ) a trainer for the new PvP players.

The system could work this way; when a good player joins a team with a bad player, both play in the higher tier – except the better player activates the lanista modus. He won’t gain or lose ranks, the PvP track is way slower, but they both get ranked in the lower tier of the new player.

Maybe trow some achiefments in there as motivation;
- your pvp student earned pvp rank 30
- your pvp student became diamond
- your pvp student had 100 rated wins
- you got 5 pvp students that gained 10 levels

You got the idea…

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

If good players would be lowered in their rank, they could teach new players – but they would expose this mechanic for winstreaks and reward tracks

But if new players get rated higher, when they team up – they have to learn really quickly!

There is no simple solution, one option could be a lanista ( http://m.tribunesandtriumphs.org/gladiators/gladiator-schools.htm ) a trainer for the new PvP players.

The system could work this way; when a good player joins a team with a bad player, both play in the higher tier – except the better player activates the lanista modus. He won’t gain or lose ranks, the PvP track is way slower, but they both get ranked in the lower tier of the new player.

You got the idea…

A basic tutorial would be a good place to start

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

only way i see that working is if team ques get a significantly larger reward then solo…

otherwise team ques will be dead…

overall i dont like the idea at all team ques are not a issue….ive never once looked at the other group and saw a premade and thought GAH thats why i lost!

the only thing that annoys me ever… is when im queing and its full solo on solo but yet there will be like 3 ESL players together on the same team vs a bunch of nobodies lol and it happens alot so i dont think its just bad luck and i always seem to be on the losing side but yeah…so yeah matchmaking issue on how the system builds teams.

in PvP

Tiefsee.3647

You got the idea…

A basic tutorial would be a good place to start

Let’s be honest – who uss a tutorial anyway? But if you could learn with your guild members or even get a reward for teaching….

I tried to teach some out of my guild and it worked in the first season when they lowered the average MMR/Division – but after they got ranked up in my division/MMR…. yeah… (note, i am not even a very well player, just a common ruby soilder – there are ton’s of me – and even that was enough to skare my guild member away, i had hopes that i could teach the fun in PvP – but when we are forced to play solo or lose because lack of training/skill on one of my team… yeah…)

in PvP

Posted by: Crystal Black.8190

Crystal Black.8190

So we discussed this issue a little bit in my guild and no one relly liked the thougth of a solo/duoqueue mainly because that would mean our pvp-time together would be dead.
We usually have a roster size anywhere between 2-5 players and we may play for fun we also like to try to improve TOGETHER. Neither there would be fun in playing solo nor would there be the oppurtunutiy to improve together and learn from each other like it is in the current system. The system could improved but solo/duo would honestly make it worse for the average guildplayer.
From my point of view i would mirgate from gw to some other game that allows us to play together.

From a maybe more distanced view i think soloqueue could work, IF it is a soloqueue only. No duoqueue! It would just be the same that organized groups destroy others cause there are some really strong duoqueue combos that can carry a game to a good amount.
So the other point except strict soloqueue would be to add a 5men only queue. Porbably better to just have a 5men only queue and cancel soloqueue cause after all its a teamgame and if i want to really play ranked i can take the time and get in a pvp-guild, lfg and build up a team. Probably a team ranking system in general would be better than the current player-ranking system.
Also there needs to be a training ground for teams before they can enter ranked. Something else than manually looking for opponents or players to fill empty spots on a custom server. Basicly the current ranked queue without the ranked part, but keep the current unranked where you can go to play if you dont care for builds, teamcompostion etc and just want to play.

In the end we would have 3 queues.
- unranked like it is today
- unranked2 like the current ranked matchmaking
- ranked for 5men only

But there could also be an other way to solve this issue. The root of the problem is usually not that the enemy team is a coordinated team. The problem is that you dont have a proper way to communicate with your team while a premade probably has voice-com. Thats all add voice-com in the game or another way to make it easier to tell your team important information like a chatwheel, premade chatsentances etc and premades wont have that much of an advantage. Most of the time i lose games ,against a premade or not, it dont think i lost because the enemy was a team but instead i think we lost because i coulnt tell xyz in the time i needed to do so.

tl;dr Solo/Duoqueue is a bad idea, instead create a 5-men-only-queue or improve teamcommunication ingame e.g. add voice-com.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

2 queues, team an pure solo
but in solo queue implement gw1 sistem: winners stay and win increased reward for their wining streak and losers are disbanded

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

So basically we aren’t getting a balance patch anytime soon

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

A 5 men only queue risk to have super long queue + unbalanced games because too few teams will play it.

If full team wants to have their space to play together and have fun unranked is the right place.

Solo / duo queue is a really nice idea, to be honest I dunno if it is better only a pure solo queue instead of duo. An ESL duo queue can make a huge difference in a game if there isn’t another ESL duo queue (with similar skill) on the other side.

This is more a problem for high tier, in low and medium tier there is basically no difference.

in PvP

megilandil.7506

A 5 men only queue risk to have super long queue + unbalanced games because too few teams will play it.

If full team wants to have their space to play together and have fun unranked is the right place.

Solo / duo queue is a really nice idea, to be honest I dunno if it is better only a pure solo queue instead of duo. An ESL duo queue can make a huge difference in a game if there isn’t another ESL duo queue (with similar skill) on the other side.

This is more a problem for high tier, in low and medium tier there is basically no difference.

problem whith duo are the same that brokens the previosus seasons, how the matchmaker adress their score to put in a group whithout umbalancing the match, using the lower(first season) put top players in low rank matches and is xploitable, using the upper puts low players in higher rank matches disturbing the other team players, ponderating the two aritmetically can put a high and a low player in mid rank games and if the higher is so higher can be xploitable so.
the only solution is pure solo or pure 5 man prmade,

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

problem whith duo are the same that brokens the previosus seasons, how the matchmaker adress their score to put in a group whithout umbalancing the match, using the lower(first season) put top players in low rank matches and is xploitable, using the upper puts low players in higher rank matches disturbing the other team players, ponderating the two aritmetically can put a high and a low player in mid rank games and if the higher is so higher can be xploitable so.
the only solution is pure solo or pure 5 man prmade,

Well, Anet addressed this issue, giving higher value to every team members, is really rare to see a very good player with a very bad player right now, is basically an autonerf for the team who tried to do this.

Like I said the real problem is when 2 really strong players go together and there is not the same situation on the other side. It’s only an high tier issue because in low mid tier the skill value is not strong enough to carry an entire team.

And like I said a full team queue is only bad for this game right now in ranked, very few teams, high risk to face too strong opponents or super long queues.

Maybe the return of a pure solo queue is the best option.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

To address the prospect of long queue times for team queues, why not let teams queue for ranked and unranked simultaneously? Of course it means they will be doing unranked most of the time but at least they will be able to pvp while they wait for the ranked queue. (Maybe also allow queueing ranked during a hotjoin match?)

Also, as compensation for the long queue times, teams should earn more pips than solo queue players (assuming pips are still used).

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

megilandil.7506

its not the problem of pre-made vs soloQ. There was a statistic that proves out of all 5-man vs full soloQ, only 51% wins (or something like that).
I think the problem is the calculation and lack of transparency about your MMR that makes people mad AF and rage quit, especially when you were match with same group of players for 10 straight games and had a 10 full loss streaks and you wonder if you should keep playing or not. If you know your MMR, and know that you are at the bottom barrel, you wouldn’t even try and just go find something better to do rather than waste another 10 depressing games for nothing.

false
this statistic count as premade the pug ones joined after a few matches and the ones created in loby, those are not “true premades” , these are only a bunch of guys joining because they are on a win streak and have the same team cordination of a full solo q, or avoiding the problem of random class staking making a bunch of pug ones whith a “ideal” team comp but normaly the same fault of team mechanics of full solo q and also they arent “true team premades”

in PvP

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Remove Unranked.
Add ranked Solo Queue & Team Queue. (Do not waste time going against the community.)
Work in Legendary Leaderboard to display by win rate and shows top 100.

= Success

Subdrop

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Personally it should have 2 leagues a solo/duo league and a 3/4/5 man league. Exclusively doing one or the other is not a good idea. As mentioned above it discriminates against full teams.

yeah yeah queue times blah blah

I agree except IMO there should be a

• soloque
  • and another que for teams with 2/3/5
    or for teams with 5 players only with better integration of the LFG tool so you could quickly fill in your spots with the desired roles before queuing.

Queue times are indeed just an excuse, there are many ways to work around this:

• There is the rotation of game modes: 1 week you have stronghold, 1 week you have soloque in conquest.(or rotate on a daily basis)
  • Only allow soloque during peak hours.
  • Add it instead of Unranked.
  • The population rise coming from adding a soloque mode with proper MMR, and proper skill balance may simply allow this game mode to exist alongside the current ones.

Edit: yeah its just better if we simply replace team que with solo/duo entirely

(edited by Kicker.8203)

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Very much yest to solo/duo queue option please!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Very much yest to solo/duo queue option please!

Its not an option its replacing being able to group with more then 2.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

Second, in the next few weeks we’ll be running a poll that asks if you’d like to see PvP Leagues switch to a solo/duo queue only system, rather than allowing rosters of any size (1 through 5 players).

I’m honestly abashed at how many people don’t get this.

It won’t be solo/duo queue AND 5 man queue, it will be ONLY solo/due.

If this goes through I’m done playing ranked. Playing with 4 pugs in ranked in this game is roulette at best. I won’t waste my time and sanity on it.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

No matter what, you should ALWAYS be able to queue with up to a full team. Restricting queuing as a full team would be another dagger in an already struggling pvp.

Since there isn’t the population for a separate team and soloQ, you need to just keep refining your matchmaking algorithm in how you perform matchmaking for a mixed queue. For instance, currently there is a flat multiplier per-player for group size, but this completely ignores the fact that being on a team has different levels of advantage depending on MMR. For low MMR players, they get VERY LITTLE out of being on a team, as they are probably just messing around with friends. For higher MMR players, being a team probably means they have voice-comms and should be expected to have even better rotations than if they were solo. As such, the benefit of being a group should scale with MMR.

This comes from experience in past seasons, when you would form a team with random players (and could tell a few of the players were not up to the same level as the others), subsequent matches would be VERY HARD, meaning that MM was over-predicting the value of being on a team. On the flip side, when teamed in comms with all veteran players, matches get very easy except maybe against other teams.