Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Lol, you have to be joking.; even pro 0 layers don’t like this system. They still have blowouts in legendary ?? What type of system is this. Any system that match X vs X is faulty. The OP argument is valid, it useless to blame him for his shortfalls when the MMR algorithm says:

We will match you with folks around your MMR but won’t consider your team MMR to find you opponents.

I belive what the OP want is a system where each team has a 50/50 chance at winning not a jumbo slot.

rofl!!!!That was a good joke, oh wait you were being serious? here let me type louder RRROOOFFFFFLLLL. Did you miss season 1?

High ranked players were teaming up with lower ranked players to game easier matches. You’d be facing more proleague teams in that way. What did you think I meant by easy wins?

Yo have a 50/50 chnace to win when the game starts…. then you quit the moment you start falling behind or point zerg.

Good laugh for the day

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Stop playing theif problem solved

Okay, then explain this. Rumor has it, necro is one of the strongest classes in the game for pvp.

Doesn’t matter with the class people are playing, it’s basically RNG when you reach Ruby in SoloQ this season…

Im in emerald.

That’s really weird…

I started the season a bit late, but I’m 1 pip from finishing emerald and have yet to lose a game (aside from 1 game with 3 DCed teammates that doesn’t count, lol).

I’ve also been working on the profession win achievements, so this has been done while playing Thief, Engi, Mesmer, and Revenant. I’m a thief main and have played engi a decent bit, but have played a total of 41 games on mesmer and 26 games on revenant in the history of my account (3,438 matches total on my account).

I was tempted to make a new thread on matchmaking since my winstreak is so strange, but it’s been the total opposite of your experience.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

Low games played: check.
Winning percentage under 40%: check.
Considers self a pro player: check.

Congratulations OP, I believe you meet the requirements to complain about GW2 matchmaking.

A lot of those games have been me trying out other builds and experimenting with my own builds… as well as giving other classes a chance. I rarely que unranked because I don’t like the maps.

Attachments:

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Riku.1093

Riku.1093

Congratulations OP, I believe you meet the requirements to complain about GW2 matchmaking.

A lot of those games have been me trying out other builds and experimenting with my own builds… as well as giving other classes a chance. I rarely que unranked because I don’t like the maps.

Like i said that was before HoT came out

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Try mesmer?

15chars

Or engi or rev or thief. =P

(all games were solo Q).

Attachments:

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

The OP argument is valid, it useless to blame him for his shortfalls when the MMR algorithm says:

We will match you with folks around your MMR but won’t consider your team MMR to find you opponents.

I belive what the OP want is a system where each team has a 50/50 chance at winning not a jumbo slot.

well, if that’s the OP’s view, he is just plain wrong.

I mean, he is right if he wants even matches, but why should the matches be even in a league?

let’s put all footbal teams in the same division. Let’s call it amber division. During the season, all the teams have the chance to reach legendary division, but, here’s the catch, Barcelona only gets to play against Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and PSG. Meanwhile, Swansea gets to play against third division teams…. from Central Asia.

At the end of the season, Swansea is up there with Barcelona, while Real Madrid is still in amber trying to beat Chelsea…. Fair, right?

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol, you have to be joking.; even pro 0 layers don’t like this system. They still have blowouts in legendary ?? What type of system is this. Any system that match X vs X is faulty. The OP argument is valid, it useless to blame him for his shortfalls when the MMR algorithm says:

rofl!!!!That was a good joke, oh wait you were being serious? here let me type louder RRROOOFFFFFLLLL. Did you miss season 1?

High ranked players were teaming up with lower ranked players to game easier matches. You’d be facing more proleague teams in that way. What did you think I meant by easy wins?

Yo have a 50/50 chnace to win when the game starts…. then you quit the moment you start falling behind or point zerg.

Good laugh for the day

Well, is there way a utterly nonsensical statement/ arguement /reply this has to be it. First question:

Did you miss season 1?

Nope,I didn’t miss it, as a matter of fact I grinded my way to ruby T6. Now, if your question was Do you miss s1? The answer is partly, I didnt like the bunker meta, and I hated people who tanked their MMR by shopping for amber; However the MMR algorithm used in S1 ( my understanding being the average MMR of each team was taken into account) is Def being missed by folks like me, or pros who are of the same opinion.

Well, if those were easier wins, then how come Noone ever went on a 30 game win streak last season?? Or maybe it was because the MMR of both team was taken into account so each had the chance to win?? And second you and I have no way of knowing how truly great the S1 algorithm was because BUNKER mesmer/ BUNKER ele was severely abused last season. So, two team could have had the same avg MMR, the lack of bunker mes on one teach could have been a game changer.

Your last sentence doesn’t even make sense, are you still talking about the S1 algorithm or this one?. Let me tell you what happened at the start of this season. Ruby/diamond players , who didn’t main mesmer or ele, that tried hard to get to diamond or legendary respectively got severely punished. They started with a below average MMR this season and got match with folks around their MMR. The more they lost, the kittentier their chance of getting out of their division was. So, if by your nonsensical utterly stupid last sentence you meant that the MMR was resettled this season, then you are wrong my friend.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

And you don’t think thats a good reason why you lost so much kek.

That was before the expansion when I did all of that experimentation anyway. I could always just make a youtube video of my gameplay.

Do it then. This thread obviously isn’t going anywhere.

Good laugh for the day

Well, is there way a utterly nonsensical statement/ arguement /reply this has to be it. First question:

Did you miss season 1?

Nope,I didn’t miss it, as a matter of fact I grinded my way to ruby T6. Now, if your question was Do you miss s1? The answer is partly, I didnt like the bunker meta, and I hated people who tanked their MMR by shopping for amber; However the MMR algorithm used in S1 ( my understanding being the average MMR of each team was taken into account) is Def being missed by folks like me, or pros who are of the same opinion.

Well, if those were easier wins, then how come Noone ever went on a 30 game win streak last season?? Or maybe it was because the MMR of both team was taken into account so each had the chance to win?? And second you and I have no way of knowing how truly great the S1 algorithm was because BUNKER mesmer/ BUNKER ele was severely abused last season. So, two team could have had the same avg MMR, the lack of bunker mes on one teach could have been a game changer.

Your last sentence doesn’t even make sense, are you still talking about the S1 algorithm or this one?. Let me tell you what happened at the start of this season. Ruby/diamond players , who didn’t main mesmer or ele, that tried hard to get to diamond or legendary respectively got severely punished. They started with a below average MMR this season and got match with folks around their MMR. The more they lost, the kittentier their chance of getting out of their division was. So, if by your nonsensical utterly stupid last sentence you meant that the MMR was resettled this season, then you are wrong my friend.

The point he is trying to make was that literally anyone could get legendary last season by playing against players of their own MMR. You could have 1200 MMR and be in legendary along with players with 2100 MMR, which was utterly ridiculous. This new system restricts lower MMR players from climbing, which is how it should be. Same goes for any division over ruby.

To address your point about people not maining mesmer or ele not being able to get diamond/legendary: simply put, they just weren’t good enough. If you refuse to play strong builds, why should you be able to climb over someone of similar skill, but is not adverse to play those builds?

But at the same time, the 50/50 system everyone seems to want so much doesn’t work; if you want 50/50 matches, that means you pit people of similar skill on your team vs people of similar skill on the enemy team. This unfortunately has the side effect of allowing anyone to climb – if you are consistently facing players of similar skill to you, eventually you will rise due to it being a lot easier to earn pips then it is to lose them, even with a 50/50 win rate. Eventually, you will rise to diamond, BUT you will have done so by playing against players of your own skill level, which is what was so ridiculous about the last system. You should never be able to advance to ruby/diamond/legendary by playing low MMR opponents. Essentially, this system is only valid for higher MMR players.

My suggestion would be to make the league based on ELO and ELO only. That way, bad players get stuck in lower elos, while actual good players can climb.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

The OP argument is valid, it useless to blame him for his shortfalls when the MMR algorithm says:

I mean, he is right if he wants even matches, but why should the matches be even in a league?

let’s put all footbal teams in the same division. Let’s call it amber division. During the season, all the teams have the chance to reach legendary division, but, here’s the catch, Barcelona only gets to play against Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, and PSG. Meanwhile, Swansea gets to play against third division teams…. from Central Asia.

At the end of the season, Swansea is up there with Barcelona, while Real Madrid is still in amber trying to beat Chelsea…. Fair, right?

By even I meant 50/50 chance of winning or losing like lol, Dota, or any other moba games uses. And what you are saying is true, but even in soccer you have division T1 or T2 or league 1 or 2. When Barcelona plays against bayern ( I am assuming both are great teams), the outcomes of that game is up to the players of each respective teams. The system doesn’t brand Barcelona winner, by giving them a 1-0 lead (synonymousto gw2 grouping all good High MMR players together), or bayern losers, since all Barcelona 0 layers aren’t better than bayern players or vice versa.

Also, with this system most players have a shot at getting to legendary, since there always going to be player for them to farm.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I just realized that I’m way to American to follow your analogy…especially since I started thinking of teams like the Cowboys, Vikings, etc. when you said Football, lol!

That being said, I get your point and agree that a player with the skill level to cap out at Legendary shouldn’t necessarily be playing difficult games when they start working through the beginning tiers.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

echo.2053

I hated people who tanked their MMR by shopping for amber

So end result you would still have the same result. Yup they liked that system better because picking up a lower ranked player allowed them to get into games quicker vs the current 20-30 min wait.

I don’t really pay attention to others wins streaks but WHEN did these streaks occur? If your talking about at the beginning of the season……thats normal since everyone starts on the same level. It should be rather OBVIOUS to not include class influences since Anet doesn’t do small changes. Surprise!!! every season/balance patch there is going to be an OP class.

It’s rather interesting though the number of s1 primo legends complaining about not being able to do it again this season….wonder why that is.

Your last sentence doesn’t even make sense, are you still talking about the S1 algorithm or this one?

Because it had nothing to do with any game implemented algorithim. When you enter a match the game will in one of two possibilities: win or lose. Now whats that ratio??? Your stats don’t affect the outcome of a game. Most of your wins could be as a result from being carried – does that make you a good player?

It’s pretty cut and clear though the moment you recognize a good player you give up or start point zerging resulting in blaming the system for not giving you an easier match up.

Also, with this system most players have a shot at getting to legendary, since there always going to be player for them to farm.

This was another good one, gave me a chuckle. If you can’t handle playing against pro players now….what in the world makes you believe there was a shot of you reaching that division?

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Try mesmer?

15chars

(all games were solo Q).

Looking at most matches, that just shows matchmaking is not working properly.
You just had rng luck on your side.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

MMR is determined by ranked stats only or overall (ranked + unranked)?

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Stop playing theif problem solved

Okay, then explain this. Rumor has it, necro is one of the strongest classes in the game for pvp.

Doesn’t matter with the class people are playing, it’s basically RNG when you reach Ruby in SoloQ this season…

Im in emerald.

my god, with such a losing streak, on emerald, at this time, what do you expect? you will get bots and worse on your team. Just find at least one decent player and teamup with him. You will start winning games and your mmr will eventually recover but, after losing so much, it will take time.

Emerald here as well, you clearly have no idea what is happening in the tier.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The analogy doesn’t apply because we are talking about individual players teaming up not team against team. And the league is essentially supposed to be just a reward track up until ruby at which point the good players get sorted from the bad. We are meant to be able to get to ruby even if we are poor players, just by grinding.

The way the matchmakings been set up this season its looking like this won’t even be possible. I’ve spent 9 days now in the final tier of emerald going up and back unable to progress, I’ve grouped with players (in the ETS guild), I’ve gone solo, I’ve done both stronghold and conquest and nothing works. Yesterday I had 9 losses no wins. And yet I know how to play the mode I know how to rotate and play the secondary objectives, I can win 1v1s against most classes.

The issue must be the rng has been poor for me in terms of teams I get matched up against leading to my mmr going downward which further exacerbates the issue leading to the situation I’m now in. Several times I’ve got to within 1 pip of sapphire only to then get match with players who don’t know how to play, without fail this has happened every time. Why?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

So end result you would still have the same result. Yup they liked that system better because picking up a lower ranked player allowed them to get into games quicker vs the current 20-30 min wait.

I don’t really pay attention to others wins streaks but WHEN did these streaks occur? If your talking about at the beginning of the season……thats normal since everyone starts on the same level. It should be rather OBVIOUS to not include class influences since Anet doesn’t do small changes. Surprise!!! every season/balance patch there is going to be an OP class.

It’s rather interesting though the number of s1 primo legends complaining about not being able to do it again this season….wonder why that is.

Your last sentence doesn’t even make sense, are you still talking about the S1 algorithm or this one?

Because it had nothing to do with any game implemented algorithim. When you enter a match the game will in one of two possibilities: win or lose. Now whats that ratio??? Your stats don’t affect the outcome of a game. Most of your wins could be as a result from being carried – does that make you a good player?

It’s pretty cut and clear though the moment you recognize a good player you give up or start point zerging resulting in blaming the system for not giving you an easier match up.

This was another good one, gave me a chuckle. If you can’t handle playing against pro players now….what in the world makes you believe there was a shot of you reaching that division?

I got two things from your reply. First, you don’t know how the S2 algorithm works; second you are confusing me with someone else has I have never said I was struggling against pro players. You can’t blame the OP when there is a possibility of him being right unless you are in the same game or unless you know him personally. No need to go further.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I got two things from your reply. First, you don’t know how the S2 algorithm works; second you are confusing me with someone else has I have never said I was struggling against pro players. You can’t blame the OP when there is a possibility of him being right unless you are in the same game or unless you know him personally. No need to go further.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

echo.2053

Ranked matchmaking in PvP during season two will now be based primarily on your current division placement and a predetermined “pip range” that extends from that spot. We’ll search for other players that fall within your pip range (which can extend outside of your division depending on where you’re currently placed) and pair you up with teammates who have a similar skill level to your own. We’ll then find you opponents within that same pip range and pair them against you, regardless of their skill level.

LMFAO When you win its because your a good player but when you lose its the matchmakings’ fault XD player mentaility is hilarious. The majority of those matches in the ss he posted weren’t even close which equals just giving up. ss 1 and 2 the chat message portray that same image of players point zerging or running into to get slaughtered. SS 3 not any way to prove it but based on ss 1 and 2 there isn’t a doubt in my mind about another player whispering to him to teach about rotation.

I rarely que unranked because I don’t like the maps.

Doesn’t play unranked often, Low pvp rank- granted it means absolutely nothing is pretty odd for a “pro player” since the update that fast tracked ranks – oddly enough what is occuring in that chat oddly resembles the usual function of a hot join player – the last remaining mode

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Legend-Queue-Times

Oh yeah they are just loving the queue times

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

This is like poker, losing strike and wining strike all based on what cards/players you get. Skill makes a difference) that is what people in poker say also. Too bad you cant limit your loses or increase your wins based on team.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

All the people in this thread who blame their team for losing and believe that they are actually pvpgods should add each other in game and form a party! Then you’ll have a team of amazing players that are each accustomed to “carrying.”

But seriously, the main problem that this season has revealed is that it’s apparently very hard for many players to judge their own skill level. Over ~80% of the players I meet in GW2 thinks they’re amazing at the game and are incapable of spotting their own misplays.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

This thread is one of two things:

1: Someone trolling (which was my initial suspicion based on the first post not matching the screen shot at all).

or

2: Confirmation that most of the people complaining are not nearly as good as they thought

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Riku.1093

1: Someone trolling (which was my initial suspicion based on the first post not matching the screen shot at all).

or

2: Confirmation that most of the people complaining are not nearly as good as they thought

The problem isn’t skill. The problem is that regardless of the variables, I shouldn’t be losing every single match I play unless I’m actually a bot or trolling.
New screenshot. Video coming within an hour. Stay tuned.

Attachments:

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

well then make an op cheese team and queue like that in ranked. And when you encounter other full cheese teams and lose, be sure to post about it on forums.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Riku.1093

Before the expansion, I used to consider myself a pro player. I won almost every match with my guardian. People even tried copying my build and I saw a variation of it on metabattle.

I have been on a horrible lose streak for the past 2 days. I do not think that the matchmaking system is balanced, fair, or fun. Regardless of the reason, obviously there is something wrong here, and I don’t know what kind of nutjob would argue with that.

I understand that my MMR is decreased after every loss, but I think there is a “flaw” or “bug” in Anet’s MMR system. After a lose streak, what are the chances that you are pitted with bots? I’d say it is very likely, after all, it makes sense. On average, bots probably lose most of there games. So why wouldn’t you get pitted with a bot or two if you have a low MMR?

Maybe there is a “wintrading” flaw in the system -wink wink-. I won’t explain what it is, but I will mention that it involves groups of players lowering their MMR on purpose.

I am editing my original post to be shorter and to the point, and to add a collection of screenshots and videos of my gameplay. This video that I’m posting is me playing a cleric support elementalist. I am posting it to support my thread since some of the posters on this thread believe that I am just a bad player. I want to emphasize that their should be no reason why any player should lose 40 games of PvP and win only 5 in the span of a few days. The video quality will improve after an hour of being uploaded to youtube, so stay tuned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ_1sDVt_rI&feature=youtu.be

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Before the expansion, I used to consider myself a pro player

And now, you are realizing, you are not. That’s ok, you don’t have to be.

People realizing they are not good players and having to improve their playstyle is the only good thing season 2 has brought us.

Maybe this will improve the quality of the balance feedbacks.

So, I started to watch your video, yes, it is your playstyle that causes the loss streak.

First off: You don’t have to mouse-over every skill, we know the icons.

1. You are not running the standard aura-tempest, you are trying your own build and well, it is not working.

2. No boon stacking at the start (air or fire overload)

3. You are leaving your teammates to die on mid just because you got hit by 1 ability.

4. Waste Mist form.

5. You are jumping in on close, at this point, you should know, how little health your teammate has and that he is about to die. But no, you misplace the lighting field; throw Gust into stability; attacking the druid while you teammate is dying; stability from the druid runs out, now would be a good time to use Gust; you took way too long to get to your dying teammate to start rezzing; clicking on the healing skill (OMG); not switching attunements; now would be time for your mist form utility but instead, you are trying to misplace the lighting field again (CC should be on the mesmer)

Do I really have to watch it any further?^^

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

(edited by Teutos.8620)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Already told you in an earlier post that your elementalist build is awful and unfit for purpose in ranked and gave you an actual build to use:

If you’re playing a clerics build you’re playing it very sub-optimally without Rune of the Soldier and shouts for condi removal. Try checking my staff build as a good starting point if you really want to play staff support.

Your build is worse than I expected. Fixing your build should be the first thing you do before anything else if you seriously want to actually stand a chance at doing well.

You cannot expect to climb in a division system with such an awful build and on the off chance that you somehow got lucky enough to progress, you’d get farmed even harder by players who actually know what they’re doing in the higher leagues.

Your general awareness of your teammates’ health around you seems to be pretty poor and your support for them is almost non-existent at times (at 3:30, for example, you come in to plus your Dragonhunter who has 10% HP and you just stand there spamming air autoattacks when you have “Wash the Pain Away!” and a potential Healing Ripple proc up to heal him, at minimum. He should have been at full health almost instantly.) However, you need to fix the fundamentals (such as your build) first before you can work on that. Your video only confirms that lesser experienced players running bad builds are stuck in the lower divisions, which is how it should be in a true division system.

I commend you for posting your gameplay video, but please actually take on board the advice of more experienced players and act on it rather than just repeatedly complaining and changing nothing in order to evolve from your current position and improve. Right now, it is of little surprise that you are struggling in Emerald and you have no right, based on the footage, to blame matchmaking alone for this.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Riku.1093

Before the expansion, I used to consider myself a pro player

And now, you are realizing, you are not. That’s ok, you don’t have to be.

People realizing they are not good players and having to improve their playstyle is the only good thing season 2 has brought us.

Maybe this will improve the quality of the balance feedbacks.

So, I started to watch your video, yes, it is your playstyle that causes the loss streak.

First off: You don’t have to mouse-over every skill, we know the icons.

1. You are not running the standard aura-tempest, you are trying your own build and well, it is not working.

2. No boon stacking at the start (air or fire overload)

3. You are leaving your teammates to die on mid just because you got hit by 1 ability.

1. The meta-game is always changing, and this build does a decent job as a support build. Whether or not a build is good is purely opinion based and all about the numbers. I’m pretty sure you haven’t tried this build yourself to know what it is capable of.
3.Staying alive is the most important thing as a healer so that I can continue doing my job as a support build.
4. I did not waste mist form, it gave me the boons I wanted to help keep myself alive.

I will post a video of me playing what many consider one of the strongest builds in the game; “Corruptionmancer”.

Furthermore, if you would look at the screenshots I posted, you would see that elementalist isn’t the only class I played that earned many losses.

(edited by Riku.1093)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Riku.1093

I also want to add that if you look at the end of the video you can see that I earned a lot of top player achievements for that match. Regardless of whether or not you think the build is good, I think those achievements prove that I am contributing a lot to my team and that I am decent at pvp.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

1. The meta-game is always changing, and this build does a decent job as a support build. Whether or not a build is good is purely opinion based and all about the numbers. I’m pretty sure you haven’t tried this build yourself to know what it is capable of.

I know exactly what it is capable of: being in the downstate.
There is one really great tempest build, which is actually working, why would you not use it, if you want to improve?

You are running away after 1 ability hit you in the mid fight and you let two of your teammates die. Please use the standard build, try it out, and you’ll see, that you can survive longer and therefore better support your teammates.

4. I did not waste mist form, it gave me the boons I wanted to help keep myself alive.

Watch your own video. @3:01 If you consider that good use of your utilities we really have a problem mate :/ Edit: @5:56 again.

Furthermore, if you would look at the screenshots I posted, you would see that elementalist isn’t the only class I played that earned many losses.

And you probably make as many mistakes there as you did here.

(edited by Teutos.8620)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

I also want to add that if you look at the end of the video you can see that I earned a lot of top player achievements for that match.

They are NOT proving anything.

Ofc you are getting Top ‘Healing to Allies’ when you are playing ele.

They are only interesting on rare occasions like when you have a multiple condition damage professions on your team and you get the Top ‘condition damage’ dealt or when you are as an ele get top ‘damage dealt’ then you know, that something is wrong with your teammates.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

No, the build is just bad. Plain and simple. I don’t need to try it as it is inferior in every way to the build that I have given you which I use, and certainly inferior in the current meta D/F aurashare build. In the current meta, your build is 100% ill equipped to deal with the meta comps you will be facing time and time again. This isn’t a point of debate or an opinion. That’s just the way it is.

3.Staying alive is the most important thing as a healer so that I can continue doing my job as a support build.

Your build has worse survivability that the builds I refer to and the “support” you are capable of outputting, both from a player and build perspective, is seriously lacking.

Now, you can continue to run with your special snowflake build and think you have discovered a gem that has obviously eluded everyone else, including vastly more experienced elementalists who have made legendary already, and disagree with me entirely. That’s fine. Just don’t be surprised to stay precisely where you are now and not improve one bit if you’re not willing to take on board suggestions of how to change your current situation.

“Good” players, even if they’re just beginners in the PvP scene, have sufficient self-awareness of their own inexperience and are always willing to draw off the experience of others and make changes in order to improve. Players who have no hope of ever evolving are the ones who already consider themselves “pro” and reject any suggestion that their own builds or play could be a contributory factor to their losses, and never adapt.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I also want to add that if you look at the end of the video you can see that I earned a lot of top player achievements for that match.

They are NOT proving anything.

Ofc you are getting Top ‘Healing to Allies’ when you are playing ele.

They are only interesting on rare occasions like when you have a multiple condition damage professions on your team and you get the Top ‘condition damage’ dealt or when you are as an ele get top ‘damage dealt’ then you know, that something is wrong with your teammates.

That happens when you get teamed up with useless players, that don’t do any damage. Don’t listen to you and running like headless chickens making the worst decisions ever. I call them “beginner bot like players at higher divisions”

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Look at whole the trolls, analyzing the OP decision as if they were GOD’S and able to make split sec decisions all the time.

1- OP, I would only advise you to use a meta build if you don’t main the class. If ele is your main or if you have at least 1000 games on ele; then you don’t have to change your build.

2-There is no need for you to feed the troll, Anet know they kittened up this season, ergo they have decided to work on something better in S3.

Go ahead blame the OP, the op might be right/wrong in saying that system kittened him up; but as long as there is a possibility who THE HECK are you to doubt him?? There is no need to scrutinize his gameplay or whatever…

And if anything, top stats prove something since he is a effing HEALER.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: curse.2310

curse.2310

I found the statements Tiff and Teutos gave in this thread to be very constructive regardless of OP’s tendency to deny criticism but stick to the statement how effective builds and bad vs. good strategic decisions are a matter of opinion.

You may disagree, but then you have to reason why. Starting with why you spec so badly against conditions in condition meta (soldiers rune & shouts?) while you prefer random fury every 10s. Close-combat dodge-roll for condition remove into cleaving necros – sounds bad.

Also, at the startup you don’t even bother a second to look at what you are up against in the matchup window, let alone considering respecs. You do this first at 1:48 where you see conditions will be an issue.

Moreover, not stacking boons at start up resembles deliberately not playing a profession to its full strengths – and not a matter of split sec decisions.

If OP does not think there is anything to do better (while others disagree), this is the end of any individual improvement, and this is where league is actually meant to let you hit a wall.

Since in a statistical significant amount of soloQ games you will be the only static variable that influences the outcome of all your games, if you improve and if you make a difference, you will climb.

Before anyone thinks i am talking down from easy MMR heaven, I came back to GW2 one week before season 2 started and i now have a similar amount of games as OP. And i encountered heavy loss streaks the first day i played ranked as well.

Although i invested quite some time reading and queuing meta builds for each profession unranked, i feel this amount if games is not even close enough to the amount you need to fully understand the pro/cons for all 9 professions and their build variations, let alone to figure out what good/mediocre/bad matchups are. And then how to rotate according to them.

TL;DR I do not know how you can be pro after 500-600 games and decline the hints you are given. Took me an amount of games worth 30k fame, several glad and champs in GW1 and there still was stuff to improve on. Perhaps nowadays people just prefer easy mode.

@previous post: if it wasn’t for the gameplay, this thread would be as pointless as many others. So, in that respect, nevertheless thank you OP for posting and to bother to upload to YouTube, and good luck further.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

I just watched the video and it was an absolute disaster. You make mistake after mistake after mistake, it’s utterly ridiculous how you can even begin to think that you deserve any higher than the lowest depths of emerald.

You were essentially a non factor that game, you did nothing. Your build is garbage, and while yea, I do agree that the healer should prioritize keeping themselves alive, there is literally no reason to run cantrips over auras. If you need cantrips to keep yourself alive, don’t play ele.

Your refusal to accept criticism and the defence of your very bad game play suggests that it’s not your team, but you. Multiple times in the game you wasted your utilities, especially that one time you misted away from mid for nothing, failed to dodge key skills ( how the kitten can you even get hit by iZerker with full endurance??) Almost never fight on point, and your game knowledge/rotations is extremely lacking. Around 6:15 you go far with your thief. WHY? why didn’t you just leave him to decap and go home to support the inevitable home push? You are also slow with key skills. Missing static field, failing to heal your DH at home, game play of the lowest caliber.

Before you attempt to refute, I am in legendary division. If you can’t accept this, then there is no place for you in pvp. I’m on mobile right now, but I look forward to picking apart your necromancer game play once I get home.

Look at whole the trolls, analyzing the OP decision as if they were GOD’S and able to make split sec decisions all the time.

1- OP, I would only advise you to use a meta build if you don’t main the class. If ele is your main or if you have at least 1000 games on ele; then you don’t have to change your build.

2-There is no need for you to feed the troll, Anet know they kittened up this season, ergo they have decided to work on something better in S3.

Go ahead blame the OP, the op might be right/wrong in saying that system kittened him up; but as long as there is a possibility who THE HECK are you to doubt him?? There is no need to scrutinize his gameplay or whatever…

I remember playing you 3 times on my way up the ladder in low sapphire/high emerald. You were one of the worst warriors I’ve ever seen. I won all 3 times.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

(edited by Ruru.1302)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Having watched the video, I think it’s fair to say that you are responsible for your team’s loss — matchmaking was not against you.

Your teammates were better than, or at least equal to, the enemy players. The reason your team lost every teamfight was that you chose to play the role of a support/healer character, yet provided next to no meaningful healing for your team. That’s like having a thief on the team that can’t decap, or a reaper on the team that can’t put out damage.

A lot of people have criticized your build, but honestly that wasn’t a huge factor in this game because the enemy was also running suboptimal builds. The enemy team had a core power-shatter mes running mass invis, a greatsword-power reaper, and druids that didn’t seem to heal.

The fact that you didn’t perform your role, however, meant that your team was basically trying to carry you. If you play this way in every game, then that would explain your losing streak: in most games, your team is effectively 4v5’ing the enemy.

I’ve provided some thoughts/commentary on the video below that I hope are helpful.

I understand that this is solo-queue in Emerald, so I’m focusing purely on basic, simple things that you could personally have done to win the game. There’s going to be a lot of criticism, but that’s how we learn and keep in mind no one is perfect (especially not me). Also, it takes a lot of courage to post a gameplay video, so you have my respect for that.

Start of game: For some reason, the enemy team didn’t even cap their home. Instead, one of their guys rushed straight for beast. So I think you might actually have been on the higher MMR team. You decide to take the long way around to get to mid, which is bad because you want to be in the teamfight ASAP.

First fight (~2min mark): It’s an unfavorable 4v3 at mid. You arrive late (see above). The first dragonhunter on your team managed to almost down one necro and has the other at low health. Instead of focusing on healing (your job), you try to burst down the necro (not your job). If you had healed the dragonhunter instead, your team probably would have won the fight.

Note: The only heal you put out this fight was Water5. Water5 primarily cleanses condis and provides a water field for blasting. It provides very little direct healing. Your guardian only had a few bleed stacks on him, so you could have healed literally 1000x more health by doing any of the following: (1) Wash The Pain Away; (2) Attune to water w/ guardian in range; (3) Dodge while attuning to water w/ guardian in range (since you took EA); (4) Rebound; (5) Water 1/3 (worst choice, but still better than Water5). Using options 1-3 would have guaranteed the guardian’s survival and turned the fight into a winning fight.

First fight continued (~2:35): The mesmer’s pressure on you was almost non-existent, yet you run away (so your team gets even less healing). You run back after the enemy team has already won the fight and fullcapped the point. Your team realizes mid is lost and rotates away.

After this point, the rest of your team actually wins a decent position. Your necro goes far, joined by thief and DH, and they take out an enemy druid. So pretty soon your team will have a 2-cap and a +1 advantage. Your team also has a DH on each of the side points, which shuts down the power-shatter mesmer pretty hard. But you negate your team’s advantageous position by staying at mid for ~25 seconds doing absolutely nothing for your team. You burn through Armor of Earth, Mistform, and Rebound just so you can cast a water overload for no reason. The map could have been 5v4 in your favor, but instead you keep it at a 4v4 by staying at mid.

Second fight (~3:25): Your DH is forced to defend Home Point 1v2 because you stayed at mid for so long. He manages to survive until you arrive. Instead of healing the DH back to full, you stay in air for autoattacks on a druid that isn’t even close to down. This causes your DH to die because he received no healing from you.

Now it’s you holding the point 1v2. You survive for quite awhile, mostly because the enemy mesmer and druid are terrible at pressuring you. (The power mesmer starts off by casting mass invis for no reason and neither he nor the druid try to interrupt your heals). If you hadn’t burned your armor of earth + mistform + rebound earlier, you could easily have survived until your teammates respawned to help. Instead, you go down just as one teammate returns. You’re joined at home by the second dragonhunter. Together, the two DHs down the enemy druid and res you. So they convert your losing 2v2 to a winning 3v2, which the enemy mesmer abandons. The rest of your team joins to zerg home as well (which isn’t great, but at least they listened to the request you typed out).

Recall why your team ended up in this position. If you had gone home to 2v2 instead of sitting around above mid doing nothing, you could have won the home fight right off the bat and had a 2-man map advantage plus held the 2-cap. That’s more than enough to make up a 100-point difference.

Third fight (~5:15): Your team zergs mid at this point. You ask for a decap far (good communication, bad timing since the enemy druid will respawn by the time anyone on your team reaches it). You start off with a good decap on mid because the enemy necro never looks behind him. Your team also instagibs one of their druids. Strong start to the fight.

I don’t want to nitpick too much on mechanics (since this is emerald), but at ~5:17 you could have helped your team instagib the necro by putting down an Earth4 instead of a Water4. He would have double-dodged into the Earth4 wall, got knocked down, and then died to the dragonhunters. Instead, he rolls through the icefield and later swings the fight against your team.

The fight quickly goes downhill when the rest of the enemy team joins in. This time, you heal one of your DH’s up with WashThePainAway, but don’t provide any other healing to your team. When the DH goes down, you have a safe res available via mistform but decide not to use it. This causes you to take a ton of damage and you’re forced to abort the res. Your team disengages to side points and wins them.

Fourth Fight at Henge: This time you provide healing, but only because the enemy is targeting you. The enemy doesn’t even try to contest the point and you wind up fullcapping it. Your necro arrives, and together you guys kill the enemy necro. But you die to autoattacks from the enemy mesmer so the fight ends up being even. (If you were running the meta build, you probably would have survived).

Fifth fight (~8:50): Your DH beats an enemy Power Reaper at mid 1v1. You join as the reaper is just about to go down.

Sixth fight (~8:60): Enemy druid and mesmer jumps in after the enemy reaper dies. It looks like you and the DH are AFK for the first portion of the fight. Once the damage comes in, you panic + mistform and don’t even try to provide healing/support until you are almost dead. The dragonhunter ends up going down because of this and you go down shortly thereafter.

At this point, it looks like your team has pretty much given up.

Final Score: 382-501 (Loss).

General thoughts:
The game was close enough that winning just a handful of the fights above would have resulted in a win. And the fights were close enough that your team would have won them if they received support/heals from you.

Your build, while suboptimal, is “good enough” for Emerald, but you need to play it to its full potential — which you are not doing. For example, you took evasive arcana but never once took advantage of it to dodge-heal, dodge-blind an attack, or even dodge-blast a water field.

I think the best thing you could do to improve your odds of success is to focus on performing your role better. Look at all of your different healing options and count how many times you used them this game. (You used water attunement to heal teammates 0 times; you used EA to heal teammates 0 times; you blasted water fields to heal teammates 0 times). And think about all of the other ways you can support teammates: using Earth4 or Air5 to peel when they’re being chased, using overloads to provide auras, etc. Record your games and watch the replays with the above in mind.

It actually looks like you might enjoy DPS more, since your first instinct in every fight is to hang back and attack the enemy players, rather than to provide support. If that’s the case, then play a DPS-oriented build.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

OP if your gaming experience in ranked is that bad you can do many things to improve your gameplay

1. Gain some experience in unranked
  2. Decide for one class and master that instead of constantly swapping class
  3. Watch streams of top players
  4. Use a good build (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Conquest)
  5. Read and watch guides (http://qqmore.net)
  6. Record your matches and review them
  7. practice, practice, practice

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Beliyal.7085

Beliyal.7085

I never played ele so I don’t know ele tactics, but I noticed some other mistakes in regards to positioning and clearly not looking at the minimap.

First of all, you spend a full minute hovering mouse over the icons on your build to show it to us (even though people know what each icon is) and then write in team chat asking who is going close just as the match is about to start and people are preparing for the fight and probably don’t have time to write about strategy. The moment you load into the match, you have a full minute to discuss strategy with your team. When you agree on it, click “I’m ready.” Otherwise it’s just meaningless time waste.

It takes you and two guardians way too much time to get to mid, while necro and thief play around at close and Svanir. This is because you didn’t get an agreement that one person should get close and Svanir, while 4 go to mid (or send thief to far). This is a pre-match discussion that your team didn’t use.

WTF is going on at 2:15 and onward? You run from… nothing, and start going behind the keep for absolutely no reason. You see your teammates approaching, you pass them by, change your mind, start going after them and arrive at the other balcony of the keep (all of that while going extremely slowly)… for what exactly? You later state that you’re a support ele, but you keep trying to kill two people on mid while not actually trying to cap the point, while your fellow thief isn’t doing anything either and you’re not healing him. Absolutely futile battle, you against two necros while not even trying to decap or drive them away.

After that, you abandon this, realizing it’s futile (too late). You start going (slowly) to home, before the minimap showed that home is in danger and on top of that, there’s a guardian already going there. You clearly didn’t predict the future here, you simply blindly decided to go to home before even knowing if you’re needed there. Luckily, it turned out you were needed, but it doesn’t seem like you actually supported your guardian.

After they kill you on Henge, you respawn and notice on the minimap that there’s a necro at home. You speed up, and start not going to home, but you change your mind and decide to go to home anyway, despite the minimap clearly showing that the enemy necro is downed. You waste time to close in on home, as if you wanted to make sure the necro is really downed, despite the minimap clearly showing it was so and that your guardian can deal with it.

Then after that, despite previously stating that you’re a support ele and that you can’t decap far, you start going to far where there’s an icon that shows a teammate of yours died there. Not even downed so you’re rushing to heal. Died. Which means there’s an enemy there as well. You give up way too late, and change course, then go to mid. You at least help your guardian kill the necro on mid, but then stand for 6 seconds (9:05-9:11 roughly) without doing anything while the enemy ranger approaches and jumps on mid. You weren’t writing anything or looking at the score panel. Why stand aimlessly? Then you allow yourself to be hit with tons of damage, proceed to save yourself in panic for the rest of the fight which results in your guardian dying (and you dying as well).

There’s definitely some issues with the matchmaking; I’ve been on the bad end of this and it soured my playtime this season. But this was just a bad play. Your enemy wasn’t really that good (necro not looking back, allowing you to decap? Ranger not healing or ressing? Mesmer that did very little, no portal, no wells, no damage?). Your team was pretty on par and the battle wasn’t a blowout. Your team simply made more mistakes than your enemy, you included.

I suggest you accept the criticism, especially from people who know the class and who advise you to change or at least tweak your build. Not paying attention to the minimap, changing your mind between points and going nowhere, wandering aimlessly… Those things can’t be tweaked by a build or by your teammates.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

I wonder how OP is going to respond to all this constructive criticism.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

echo.2053

ROOFFLLLLLLL kitten son with that much denial….do you still believe the earth is flat?

He was analyzed before his video was released…..Which they were very accurately confirmed after watching the video.

Oh yeah we should blindly believe in the OP that one day hell get a win and therefore should automatically be placed in legend tier – for fairness right? LOLZ

THHHEREEE IT IS, you could only hide it for so long before the HOT JOIN within you came out. Top stats don’t mean kitten.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Some might say things a tad crudely but they do have a point about many of the mistakes made and the build being sub optimal as well as the system not being the first thing to blame here. There are several legitimate critiques that could greatly improve the odds in the OP favor.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Some might say things a tad crudely but they do have a point about many of the mistakes made and the build being sub optimal as well as the system not being the first thing to blame here. There are several legitimate critiques that could greatly improve the odds in the OP favor.

True but I am sorry if they can’t read, my post pretty say, you don’t have to upload vids if you have more than 1000 games on his ele, which the op doesn’t. So it’s not like I said anything different than them, but it takes a brain to get what I meant… obv. Lots of people didn’t.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

or

The problem isn’t skill. The problem is that regardless of the variables, I shouldn’t be losing every single match I play unless I’m actually a bot or trolling.
New screenshot. Video coming within an hour. Stay tuned.

Looking at what you have presented I can see some facts:
1) You hotkey your skills. A sign of a player who plays at a good/higher level.
2) You have 560ish matches with warrior as your most dominant profession and legacy your most played map.
3) Your pie chart shows some colours, so therefore you have some awareness of what to expect when facing others.

My advice based on that would be;
1) Make use of the mini map if you don’t already.
2) Have an alt ready if your team already has necromancers. At first players disliked necro heavy teams. However most have adapted now and play the sides when they see necro’s cluster on mid.
3) Your MMR is probably well below what you believe it is. Some of those scores are not just lopsided, but utter blow outs.
4) SoloQ is the realm of those who don’t speak or communicate, this advantages players who have strong rotational awareness and can adapt quickly to know where over laps can occur.

Final assessment.
Focus on carrying through rotations. Make your prime goal not to hold home, or mid..or threaten far etc..make your central goal ‘who you can assist immediately to either keep a node, decap a node, take a node.’ become focused on what players are doing something intelligent and less focused on any one node.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I do not think that the matchmaking system is balanced, fair, or fun. Within the past few days, I have played exactly 50 solo-qued PvP games. I think I won 5 of them, although I am unsure.

There should be no reason why ANY player should lose 45 out of 50 ranked games played. Regardless of personal skill and regardless of any other variables. Arenanet should optimize their matchmaking system so that every GW2 lover can enjoy the game (aka have a fun gaming experience). Obviously there is something wrong here, and I don’t know what kind of nutjob would argue with my evidence.

The rumor going around is after a losestreak, players are pitted with bots and are matched against premade groups that lowered their MMR purposely to get better games.

I made a video of my gameplay so that everyone accusing me of being a bad player can see for themselves the reality of my gaming experience. Hypothetically, even if I am a bad player, I should still have a higher win/loss ratio than 5/50 ranked games won.

My overall win/loss ratio is bad because I never qued unranked when I started playing the game a year ago and I like experimenting with other classes to try new stuff. Since the launch of HoT, I have not messed around.

Support Cleric Elementalist Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ_1sDVt_rI

I stopped watching when your team when for beast….. And the mid was…

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The sad thing is that this is still an issue so far into the league.

ANET, wake up! Your matchmaking guy is clueless. Hire someone. People were patient during season 1. Then between seasons the matchmaking was even worse and then somehow matchmaking guy made season 2 even more horrible

In some ways, that is impressive in a very incompetent way.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

The sad thing is that this is still an issue so far into the league.

ANET, wake up! Your matchmaking guy is clueless. Hire someone. People were patient during season 1. Then between seasons the matchmaking was even worse and then somehow matchmaking guy made season 2 even more horrible

In some ways, that is impressive in a very incompetent way.

Have you even read the posts in this thread?

Most of the posts indicate that this has nothing to do with bad matchmaking. The OP plays heal/support but doesn’t provide any heal/support for his team therefore making it to a 4v5. The resulting losing streak isn’t anets fault.

(edited by Shylock.4653)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Looks like a L2P issue to be really honest with you.
The video you uploaded show us that you lack everything that is required to be considered as a good player. You’re playing your own build, which is different of meta aura s/f ele, and it obviously doesnt work. First of all, play meta, its an essential point.

Then, I have to talk about individual skill and rotation. I dont know why you considered yourself as a top player before HoT, but the mistakes i am seeing are absolutely not HoT related. You do have terrible rotations , fighting out of point while playing support ele, slow skill rotations… and many other things that makes you a drag for your team.

To win games, you simply cant rest on your teammates. You have to do the job by yourself. The matchmaking is obviously not perfect, but if you’re on a 40 or so losing streak, its your entire fault.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Try mesmer?

15chars

(all games were solo Q).

Looking at most matches, that just shows matchmaking is not working properly.
You just had rng luck on your side.

That’s a lot of RNG luck…it’s carried me to sapph so far and I’m still waiting to lose a game where someone on my team doesn’t DC.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

The OP needs to focus on picking a meta build, learning the mechanics of that build (using the proper skills at the proper time), learning the builds role and making sure he’s at the right place and the right time. If he does that I’m pretty sure he’ll rise quickly out of Emerald. This really is a L2P issue here.

Playing a Staff Ele without auras is just plain bad. Even with good mechanical skills and good rotations (which OP seems to lack from other people’s review of the video) it’s going to lead to extra losses. Start with a good build and go from there. Don’t handicap yourself playing a terrible build…

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Ruru.1302

found the reason why, 2k ap lol

Attachments:

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia