Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

found the reason why, 2k ap lol

Might explain a lot but OTOH if it’s an alt account it might just say nothing too.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: kuba.8367

kuba.8367

In my opinion matchmaking is not the problem in pvp. The characters after the expansion are way to strong to balance a pvp match. But still clicking solo join ended in a fight vs a pre made team is dumb and annoing (sorry for my english im bad at it)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

In my opinion matchmaking is not the problem in pvp. The characters after the expansion are way to strong to balance a pvp match. But still clicking solo join ended in a fight vs a pre made team is dumb and annoing (sorry for my english im bad at it)

The new spec are OP but it wouldn’t remove the team making problem the algorithm use.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I made a video of my gameplay so that everyone accusing me of being a bad player can see for themselves the reality of my gaming experience. Hypothetically, even if I am a bad player, I should still have a higher win/loss ratio than 5/50 ranked games won.

Support Cleric Elementalist Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ_1sDVt_rI

Ok, let’s take a look at the video:

1:33 – Match starts
1:33 – 3:05 – You run to mid and walk around toss out a big of negligible damage while outnumbered on the point. Your team went for side points, so you didn’t really accomplish anything by doing this. Since you stood up top, you didn’t even contest the point.
3:05 – 3:30 – You rotate to home after a teammate pings for help. Good job.
3:30 – 3:40 – You blow your CC at the start and miss. Your teammate who was at low HP goes down after this and you’re left with nothing to prevent the stomp, leaving you in a disadvantaged fight.
3:40 – 4:47 – You bunk as well as you can and after getting enough help from respawned teammates, you finally win back the point.
4:47 – 5:07 – You rotate to mid.
5:07 – 5:36 – You can’t add enough damage to down the necro in time, but at least you decapped and contested the point for a bit.
5:36 – 5:40 – You wait too long to cast rebound and a teammate goes down. You throw down your CC field and again miss (if you would have tossed it on your ally, you could have stunned the stealthed mes). You blow rebound, but don’t save anyone and instead of assisting the rez, you also blow both dodges and back away. If you would have rezzed, you could have popped mist form to prevent taking damage or getting CCed.
5:40 – 6:00 – You indecisively run back and forth towards the enemies, then blow mist form while you’re at near full HP as you run away.
6:00 – 6:33 – You follow the thief who rotated to far to decap.
6:00 – 6:59 – You bunker down with the thief and manage to capture far.
6:59 – 7:26 – You revive the thief. Good job. You miss the stomp because you didn’t pop mist form. Bad job.
7:26 – 7:52 – You bunker down, but eventually get fully cleaved. Mistform has still not been used.
7:52 – 8:12 – You revive.
8:12 – 9:12 – You +1 at mid and win the point. Good rotation.
9:12 – 9:43 – You bunker down as enemies start piling up and miss the opportunity to lightning flash to the ledge and rotate away.
9:43 – 9:57 – You revive. GG happens a bit later before anything else happens.

So, you made a few good decisions, but unfortunately were dead weight for most of this match. All flaws with your build aside, you’re running a support build, but are rotating as if you expect people to follow you instead of following people and supporting them.

Even when you do end up in fights, you’re missing crucial CCs and don’t seem to know how to use mist form to revive/stomp, which is one of the biggest reasons this skill is worth taking.

You can blame the matchmaking all you want, but honestly, I don’t see how you think you are entitled to wins when you’re not really contributing much towards them.

Anyways, here’s my advice:

If you stick with your support character, start following your teammates a bit more instead of pioneering to the rotation you think is best. It’s better to support a bad rotation than to make a good rotation to a point where you’re without any teammates in a build not meant for 1v1s.

Consider these alternatives:
– Only queue for Stronghold and use your healing on NPCs. They at least won’t run out of your heals and you’ll always know where they’re going.
– Run a more damage or CC-centric build. You would have contributed a lot more in this game if you were just mindlessly spamming AoE damage/CC from a distance than just spamming small heals and missing clutch stomps/revives.
– Run a more solo-friendly build. If you don’t like the idea of following a bad rotation, then run a build that is more 1v1 capable or at least can down an enemy before they get backup.
– Simply practice your build more and try to remind yourself of your cooldowns. Awareness of long cooldowns takes time, but it makes a big difference.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Good for you for posting a video, hopefully you’ll learn from all your mistakes.

Start with the build. I don’t understand some folks aversion to using meta builds. People who play this game for a living, and have ~5000 hours (IN PVP) on a class are the people coming up with them. Don’t you think its just a tad arrogant to think you came up with something better?

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Good for you for posting a video, hopefully you’ll learn from all your mistakes.

Start with the build. I don’t understand some folks aversion to using meta builds. People who play this game for a living, and have ~5000 hours (IN PVP) on a class are the people coming up with them. Don’t you think its just a tad arrogant to think you came up with something better?

I’ll speak for myself,

I’m loathed by nature to meta and that has zero to do with arrogance. I just do not like following others footsteps by nature and like getting results that are birthed of my experiences and personal thinking/gaming preferences. It is also a challenge I enjoy to do good vs build I know for a fact are better than mine. I like the feeling of having been handed a screw, an elastic and a bunch of plastic bottle and asked to survive with it. If you do survive with that you aren’t bad because your build is. There is a terrible difference between a good player and a good build.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

I’ll speak for myself,

I’m loathed by nature to meta and that has zero to do with arrogance. I just do not like following others footsteps by nature and like getting results that are birthed of my experiences and personal thinking/gaming preferences. It is also a challenge I enjoy to do good vs build I know for a fact are better than mine. I like the feeling of having been handed a screw, an elastic and a bunch of plastic bottle and asked to survive with it. If you do survive with that you aren’t bad because your build is. There is a terrible difference between a good player and a good build.

We don’t purposefully break our own kneecaps in life to enjoy over coming the challenge. So why would you in a video game that is supposed to be fun?

PvP is an objective team based game of competition. If you won with a worse build it doesn’t really prove anything. Just that you had a large enough margin for error, and you’d win more games with a good build. I think deep down it is an ego thing.

Don’t get me started on not following foot steps and so called non conformists

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’ll speak for myself,

We don’t purposefully break our own kneecaps in life to enjoy over coming the challenge. So why would you in a video game that is supposed to be fun?

PvP is an objective team based game of competition. If you won with a worse build it doesn’t really prove anything. Just that you had a large enough margin for error, and you’d win more games with a good build. I think deep down it is an ego thing.

Don’t get me started on not following foot steps and so called non conformists

Well, for starters, breaking my video games kneecaps isn’t painful at all to me. I died over 16k times playing risky kitten and the “pain” of death and all the running back after yoloing in a zerg in wvw (for examle) never stopped me to try harder. Call me masochist I guess…

Now I often endure longer on sub par build than many can on their zero risk meta gimmicks BECAUSE I played the way I did. Rest assure though that in the rank pvp matches I play since Ruby that I play the very boring meta auramancer or a close variant of it. Simply put, excuse me if I find your analogy to be forced.

If for you winning a race without any shoes vs people who all have running shoes proves nothing I really don’t know what to say to you… we just do not live in the same universe.

BTW, feel free to start your rant about anti-conformists. I’m not the one who will stop you.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

I’ll concede you have a point, like running full zerk thief in unranked. But my point is, well keep it in unranked (speaking generally, not specifically.) If you’re going to actually compete with a team in ranked, even if its soloq, its just not very honest not to give it your all. Which includes using the best build.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I’ll concede you have a point, like running full zerk thief in unranked. But my point is, well keep it in unranked (speaking generally, not specifically.) If you’re going to actually compete with a team in ranked, even if its soloq, its just not very honest not to give it your all. Which includes using the best build.

I get what you say but at the same time it’s really frustrating to be stuck on 1 build per profession like that. This for me is more painful than loosing. I wish there was a better balance so more could be as viable.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

I get what you say but at the same time it’s really frustrating to be stuck on 1 build per profession like that. This for me is more painful than loosing. I wish there was a better balance so more could be as viable.

not really though. For instance once you understand things you can change it up multiple ways.

(dont quote me on this not being super precise, not in game) It’d be a long post but reaper can go spite or curses. Sig build corruption or master of corruption or even a shout build is pretty decent. Personally I like the current meta build but there are quite a few variations even within it. Like you can take the 50% crit grandmaster and take the chill on crit or you can go the fire on 1/reduce shout cds, etc.

Was probably semi gibberish, but you can change heal skills, 2-3 utility skills, 1 entire trait line, several traits within it.

All varies depending on what I might be facing as well. Condi dmg vs power dmg. If I need more survival etc.

So yea..

Revs have at least two viable specs as well (ret vs innvocation) one more for bruiser one more for dmg.

Start with the meta. Understand why its good, strengths and weaknesses. Then find out the variations you can make to it.

Scrapper I don’t play but researched. Also has several variations depending on if its facing power dmg vs condi dmg. It even changes its amulet (pal vs mara)

(edited by Mightybird.6034)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

not really though. For instance once you understand things you can change it up multiple ways.

(dont quote me on this not being super precise, not in game) It’d be a long post but reaper can go spite or curses. Sig build corruption or master of corruption or even a shout build is pretty decent. Personally I like the current meta build but there are quite a few variations even within it. Like you can take the 50% crit grandmaster and take the chill on crit or you can go the fire on 1/reduce shout cds, etc.

Was probably semi gibberish, but you can change heal skills, 2-3 utility skills, 1 entire trait line, several traits within it.

All varies depending on what I might be facing as well. Condi dmg vs power dmg. If I need more survival etc.

So yea..

Revs have at least two viable specs as well (ret vs innvocation) one more for bruiser one more for dmg.

Start with the meta. Understand why its good, strengths and weaknesses. Then find out the variations you can make to it.

Scrapper I don’t play but researched. Also has several variations depending on if its facing power dmg vs condi dmg. It even changes its amulet (pal vs mara)

Yes, ofc, I also play with variants but the variants do not change your role. For example, as an ele I’m still more or less stuck in the shoes of a healbot in this meta whther I play staff or d/f and tweak some traits. It’s just more of the same.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Mightybird.6034

ahh ya true. Especially with tempest. I used to play ele until tempest…

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Pedrobz.2908

Pedrobz.2908

564 ranked games – 208 win
Maybe more than 800 matches – 956 top stats awards

I can see the problem here.

alt+f4

Edit:
Now i saw your youtube vid and i can confirm it’s not MM fault.

(edited by Pedrobz.2908)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The sad thing is that this is still an issue so far into the league.

ANET, wake up! Your matchmaking guy is clueless. Hire someone. People were patient during season 1. Then between seasons the matchmaking was even worse and then somehow matchmaking guy made season 2 even more horrible

In some ways, that is impressive in a very incompetent way.

Have you even read the posts in this thread?

Most of the posts indicate that this has nothing to do with bad matchmaking. The OP plays heal/support but doesn’t provide any heal/support for his team therefore making it to a 4v5. The resulting losing streak isn’t anets fault.

Sigh and how do you think he got placed into those matches? From superior matchmaking?

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

The sad thing is that this is still an issue so far into the league.

ANET, wake up! Your matchmaking guy is clueless. Hire someone. People were patient during season 1. Then between seasons the matchmaking was even worse and then somehow matchmaking guy made season 2 even more horrible

In some ways, that is impressive in a very incompetent way.

Have you even read the posts in this thread?

Most of the posts indicate that this has nothing to do with bad matchmaking. The OP plays heal/support but doesn’t provide any heal/support for his team therefore making it to a 4v5. The resulting losing streak isn’t anets fault.

Sigh and how do you think he got placed into those matches? From superior matchmaking?

He got placed into even matches (or matches where his team was favored to win). If you watch the video he posted, the enemy team didn’t even cap home at start. They went straight for beast+mid. His team wasn’t good either, so it looks like matchmaking performed well.

Here’s my earlier post going through OP’s video.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Weirdness Abounds.8924

Weirdness Abounds.8924

I don’t know why this isn’t a slam-dunk. Your personal ability is not at issue. Matchmaking is all about putting similar teams together. If someone, like the OP, has 45 losses to 5 wins, then matchmaking is clearly broken for him, meaning that it’s broken. Period. All this insulting Troll Advice is nonsense. Explain the 45:5 ratio. Cooldowns, classes, strategy, etc. doesn’t do it.

My own experience isn’t that of the OP but my matches are often wildly one way or the other. And when I do win, I get 2 pips about 50% of the time. As I understand it, that means I was paired with a better team (compared to mine.) Doesn’t that tell you outright that the matchmaking is not designed to match similar teams?

I wish they’d go back to the scheme used for the first part of last season. It was a lot more fun and reasonable. Once they switched, I never left my tier, even after 80 games.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I don’t know why this isn’t a slam-dunk. Your personal ability is not at issue. Matchmaking is all about putting similar teams together. If someone, like the OP, has 45 losses to 5 wins, then matchmaking is clearly broken for him, meaning that it’s broken. Period. All this insulting Troll Advice is nonsense. Explain the 45:5 ratio. Cooldowns, classes, strategy, etc. doesn’t do it.

My own experience isn’t that of the OP but my matches are often wildly one way or the other. And when I do win, I get 2 pips about 50% of the time. As I understand it, that means I was paired with a better team (compared to mine.) Doesn’t that tell you outright that the matchmaking is not designed to match similar teams?

I wish they’d go back to the scheme used for the first part of last season. It was a lot more fun and reasonable. Once they switched, I never left my tier, even after 80 games.

It’s not a slam dunk because you, just like the OP, is running on the faulty assumption that there’s always 10 people online queueing at the same time as you who is at your same skill level. If you’re at the bottom of the 10 lowest skilled players online at the time you’re playing, then you will be at a disadvantage, no matter how good the matchmaking algorithms are.

And remember that we’re talking about human beings being paired with eachother here. There are limits to how well mathematical algorithms can arrange these things.

This isn’t saying that the matchmaking is perfect or even fine, but you can’t just say that there’s something wrong with it just because of a losing streak, particularly when the player experiencing this is clearly not on par with the majority of PvPers.

How do you know that the problem isn’t just a lack of available players of the OP’s skill being available? Unless you have access to all the data, you can’t really know.

So no, it’s not a slam dunk.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I got used to losing its a fact, I am amazed when i win a game as a thief. I had a friend with 7 wins i n a row asked to party with me and I told him sure, come with me for a few loses and it happened.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

I watched your video @OP and tbh it is a video that really shows that you do not know your class at all, you do not know how to rotate, you only rez your team mate once and you were heavily carried by your team.

Match making really does not work because you should still be at amber or unranked.

p.s. I am not trolling.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

If you actually watched the video, you’d see that the teams were evenly matched. OP was the weakest player on his team (followed closely by the P/P thief). There has been a lot of constructive advice to OP about how he could improve. See, e.g., this post.

If matchmaking is putting you into evenly matched games (which the video demonstrates), and if you’re consistently underperforming relative to the other players (which the video also demonstrates), then having a low win ratio makes perfect sense.

Matchmaking would be flawed if he was actually winning 50% of his matches, because it would mean that he was being carried by his teammates.

The real flaw here is that players can’t drop divisions/tiers, and that the OP would be better fitted to an amber-level game. Without the drops, it’s easy to progress your pips faster than your skill level (at least until Ruby), which results in some players competing in a league that’s above their skill-level.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I think the mist npc-ele can contribute better to a win than you did

Grimkram [sS]

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

Rofl.

Jokes aside, OP is playing ele as if he’s in the tutorial stage of the class, not even once during that entire game did he use fire/earth attunment, the entire game he keeps masturbsting on air/water and only using air overload (tons of dmg) out of combat I’m guessing for swiftness?

Combo fields, blast finishers, evade frames, lava font + meteor shower on point (offense is sometimes the best defense), bad positioning as ranged class, I can go on and on and on all day… Most of it has already been said.

Sorry I can’t be more constructive but this just shows how ridiculous the system is as this dude should have clearly stayed in the early stages of Amber but with a tiny bit of luck and a little bit of help from the comeback pip we may seeing the OP soon in Ruby… Which will be horrible for both the OP and the people teamed with him.

If the system was working properly OP would have stayed in Amber having a blast with his own kind with probably a 50% win ratio and never having a 40 game lose streak.

It isn’t the matchmaking’s fault it’s this mish-mash of a reward track system for a league that some people mistake for a ladder is the fault.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

(edited by PadreNike.1803)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Riku.1093

Riku.1093

Rofl.

Jokes aside, OP is playing ele as if he’s in the tutorial stage of the class, not even once during that entire game did he use fire/earth attunment, the entire game he keeps masturbsting on air/water and only using air overload (tons of dmg) out of combat I’m guessing for swiftness?

Combo fields, blast finishers, evade frames, lava font + meteor shower on point (offense is sometimes the best defense), bad positioning as ranged class, I can go on and on and on all day… Most of it has already been said.

Sorry I can’t be more constructive but this just shows how ridiculous the system is as this dude should have clearly stayed in the early stages of Amber but with a tiny bit of luck and a little bit of help from the comeback pip we may seeing the OP soon in Ruby… Which will be horrible for both the OP and the people teamed with him.

If the system was working properly OP would have stayed in Amber having a blast with his own kind with probably a 50% win ratio and never having a 40 game lose streak.

It isn’t the matchmaking’s fault it’s this mish-mash of a reward track system for a league that some people mistake for a ladder is the fault.

The problem is that the damage output on the other team is so high that I am forced to stay in water attunement for the regen buff that my traits give me. As ele you kind of have to be in the center of the field especially with my build because of the way some of the traits work and because of how overload works.

new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqxIoHT0oyY&feature=youtu.be

(edited by Riku.1093)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It’s not matchmaking. You can’t say mm is working perfectly then as soon as you get losing matches it’s not.

This is a player issue, not playing better at your chosen profession as you move up the tiers is a problem. How do you get better? By failing and looking at what you could do better. It’s very simple trial and error on your part.

I could point out everything wrong in the OPs video but pretty much everything has already been said, but other than the start match checks and boon stacking, I can’t say much because I haven’t pvp’d on ele for over a year.

What to do now? Learn from it.

Video above on necro, I’m 3 mins in and can still see faults which could turn the tide in the match.
- you still take the long way around to mid on a slow profession.
- you still jump straight into the point without any shroud built up as a defense.
- you used your heal skill (which blinds you) when you had 95%hp. Why?
- you shrouded for stomp but didn’t pop the skill 3 which gives stability, the enemy interrupts you and then you get knocked back. That could have changed that node fight.
- you wander around off point, with low health giving the enemy a free kill.
-again shroud stability would have helped that ress on home point.
-you spend too long trying to place wurm instead on looking around for the enemy incoming on mid.
-the far push was miscalculated by you, as enemies were incoming on mid, you walk straight into them still in combat from mid point fight. Yet still push ahead and die as soon as you get to their home node where their necro is.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

PadreNike.1803

Rofl.

The problem is that the damage output on the other team is so high that I am forced to stay in water attunement for the regen buff that my traits give me. As ele you kind of have to be in the center of the field especially with my build because of the way some of the traits work and because of how overload works.

Yet again, another proof that you clearly have no idea what you are doing on necro, you spam abilities randomly in hopes something dies, use your healing skill unnecessarily, don’t use stability to secure the stomp, die when you shouldn’t have (you could have popped shroud on that first death and at least try to escape with #2), not even once have I seen shroud #2 used for mobility, you didn’t dodge the ranger rapid fire nor the attacks that follow (@5:43) and to add to that you have very poor rotations (but I don’t expect that at your level).

I have a suggestion for you OP, I seriously think you should try an easier build to play (at least in lower levels) that would produce really good results fast.
Now since everyone and their mother playing necro, your best defense against it that is also very easy to play is shout bow Druid, plus it will support your allies with heals and clutch resses (search and rescue), I think that build might be suitable for you and you will be able to get some easy kills in emerald just by camping bow:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Shoutbow

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Riku.1093

Hm I didnt know that gave stability.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I would use your corrupt boon more often though….its very useful.

the #3 in ds does give stability(for stomping)……you can also hit it again to aoe fear(maybe to help prevent a stomp).

I think alot of it boils down to simply knowing the skills and knowing when to use them which will come with experience. Look at the tooltips and just think about situations where the different skills can be applied.

also another thing to look into for necro is the combo fields you can do in ds. the #5 will put down an ice field that you can leap/whirl finish with which is effective.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

If it isn’t clear by now, the OP is trolling everyone.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I have lost count at the number of games we’ve lost (my husband and I queue together when not a guild team).

It does quite simply make it, not fun.

But, why are we losing? Why do people we queue with do some of the most stupidest things we ever see IN PvP, such as:

- Not have the BASIC knowledge of capping and defending two points
- Not having the ENTIRE team leave mid to go and help a 1v1 on close, leaving mid free for the 4 others on the enemy team
- Not watch the kitten map and see who needs help and where
- Not efficiently rotate
- Not CALL OR FOCUS targets
- What is with the NEED for an entire team to stomp ONE downed player rather than working as a team and working around the others on the node to prevent rezzes or CCs or, idk, here’s a radical thought, finish ANOTHER downed player, or rez a team mate, or GET BACK ON THE POINT if decapped
- Not discuss strategy beforehand
- Not communicate throughout match, aside from flaming players
- Go AFK because they lose their own first fight

These BASICS we seem to lack, whoever is on our team. Wherever we go, the other team has the coordination and the back-up and our team is screwing around suiciding themselves going into a 1v4 mid one after the other coming out of base. It makes no sense.

Or is it us?!

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Celine.6857

Rofl.

I have played several ele builds and the video of the staff ele… is that supposed to be evidence of good play?

No team support, huge lack of combos, jumping into mid without any defense, HARDLY EVER changing attunements, badly misplaced aoe, bad targeting… AND I saw you mist form as someone was rezzing you – okay if you’re literally about to get stomped, you have to do that, but that guy almost had you up dude, don’t mist form just because that’s a button you can press.

I can’t believe the lack of attunement changes and I don’t agree that the above statement is a good enough reason. I think you need to change your build IF that is the case because you aren’t at all making the most of your abilities in the slightest. You stay in air a lot of the time, you didn’t try and prevent the stomp on your team mate by using air skill #3, I didn’t see you use earth #3 at all to negate some projectiles.

I really am not trying to be horrible, but you do need to revisit this and practice practice practice. You’ll get there.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

PadreNike.1803

I have lost count at the number of games we’ve lost (my husband and I queue together when not a guild team).

It does quite simply make it, not fun.

But, why are we losing? Why do people we queue with do some of the most stupidest things we ever see IN PvP, such as:

- Not have the BASIC knowledge of capping and defending two points
- Not having the ENTIRE team leave mid to go and help a 1v1 on close, leaving mid free for the 4 others on the enemy team
- Not watch the kitten map and see who needs help and where
- Not efficiently rotate
- Not CALL OR FOCUS targets
- What is with the NEED for an entire team to stomp ONE downed player rather than working as a team and working around the others on the node to prevent rezzes or CCs or, idk, here’s a radical thought, finish ANOTHER downed player, or rez a team mate, or GET BACK ON THE POINT if decapped
- Not discuss strategy beforehand
- Not communicate throughout match, aside from flaming players
- Go AFK because they lose their own first fight

These BASICS we seem to lack, whoever is on our team. Wherever we go, the other team has the coordination and the back-up and our team is screwing around suiciding themselves going into a 1v4 mid one after the other coming out of base. It makes no sense.

Or is it us?!

What don’t you make a gameplay video for both you and your husband? Yes people have been tough on OP (justifiably so) but also gave him some very good feedback, if you’re brave enough record some gameplay so we can see where the problem is.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

you should thank the people that carried you to emerald

HoD
Lyyneheim

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Raek.8504

Raek.8504

Not sure if troll, but if not here.

Thing people don’t tend to say. Your mechanical skills are lacking. I don’t know why, maybe because of FPS, but they are lacking. Decision making is really slow. Overall game knowledge too.

The thing i can advise about at least game knowledge, read all traits tooltips, utility skills tooltips, try to understand why they are even used, after that think when is the best time to use them. When you die try to look at what actually killed you. So you can find a way with current tools not to get killed by the same thing again.

(edited by Raek.8504)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Riku.1093

The fact that I am not an esports player doesn’t matter. I should be matched against players with equal “skill” regardless of how bad of a player I am. Which reminds me of the point of this thread: The MMR system is broken and unfair. I want to be able to win more than 1 ranked match per day in PvP.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Haleydawn.3764

The fact that I am not an esports player doesn’t matter. I should be matched against players with equal “skill” regardless of how bad of a player I am. Which reminds me of the point of this thread: The MMR system is broken and unfair. I want to be able to win more than 1 ranked match per day in PvP.

MMR is not broken, you just refuse to play better. Your enemy team is selected based on your pip range to you only, that’s the idea of a league, it ranks players by skill, you beat them you go up.
Your allies are selected within your pip range which have a similar MMR to you. So if you still insist it’s your team (it’s you aswell), it still means you have a low MMR to be matched with them. You can play unranked for fair matches and to try and improve your MMR. The league is supposed to be competitive.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Such fair match making lmao.

edit: just fought against these 2 and same outcome… they got face rolled :/

Attachments:

(edited by TwistedFate.8705)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Haleydawn.3764

Maybe they weren’t informed of the antismurfing change this season? I’d think this is borderline greifing behaviour tbh it’s not fair if they only duo queue, for them or for the rest of the pug team.

Kitten.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

Maybe they weren’t informed of the antismurfing change this season?

I really doubt that. They were told multiple times by myself and others on the team but did not respond.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

For me I am stuck in T3 Emerald, I am not exactly a pro in pvp but no way near the bottom line. I would say Sapphire or t1 Ruby maybe.

Most of my matches I have a team that is mute, in alot of cases they can not manage a 1v1 fight or at times even a 2v1 fight in their favor. My first match was against a guild team and it has gone down hill since that.

Problem is most of the time you play against a better team whilst your team is not bear their level. It us hard to improve when it is not just you who is outmatched but moat of your team as well.

It should match you up against people of your mmr not people higher so they can gt pushed into say ruby and be stuck in it for the rest of the season.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

…………..LOL!

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Also. It seems to me that he has a very shallow understanding of the ele class and how to play and react. I’d suggest going to pve and playing tough opponents, like mobs that are higher level than yourself, or elites/soloing champs. If need be, if you are level 80, unequip everything except a lower level weapon and try to kill a large group of 80 mobs, such as the Sons of Svanir tower event in Frostgorge.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Or is it us?!

This will sound harsh, but it’s probably you.

And that’s not because you don’t end up with terrible teams. The truth is, everyone ends up with terrible teams. When terrible players end up in a game, it’s not because there’s some line of logic in the matchmaking algorithm that says “There’s Celine and their husband. kitten those two!”.

Everyone ends up with bad teammates. However, you also end up against bad players just like everyone else does. What makes the difference for a win/loss is how much better you make your team when you have bad teammates or how well you outplay the bad players on the other team.

But, honestly, it’s natural for people to notice their teammates making mistakes more than enemy team mistakes because:

1) We tend to think we’re better than we are since that thought is more comforting and encourages us to keep pushing forward.
2) It’s a lot easier to see mistakes from your team since you see team chat as well as your teammates positions on the map at all times.

The more you focus on what you could do better and the less you focus on what other people, who you’ll probably almost never encounter again, should do better, the more you’ll improve.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

If OP played like what he recorded every match, then every match is essentially 4v5 for his team.

If you played 50 matches 4v5 and won 5 of them, i’d think that would be pretty reasonable.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

In the necro video at 3:45 you could have dodged the moa form. The mesmer had a pink sparkly aura which is the tell they’re going for the skill.

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If it isn’t clear by now, the OP is trolling everyone.

I watched both videos, read to page 3 if this thread, and coming to the same realization. Just wasted 15 minutes of my life for now.

GFG OP… GFG

In the off chance this thread is the slightest bit sincere, yes there’s room for improvement on your skill level and situational awareness. Your builds are not as efficient as they can be and your capacity to take advantage of said build is lacking. In your Ele video, right at the first engage, you already had me screaming at the screen like the guy from “Jersery Shore” meme. Here, let’s take the very basic premise that you wish to be a “Support Ele”. So you build around the Cleric Amulet and Staff which is good. Though you proceeded to camp Air Attunement which has no healing at all, like absolutely none. A Staff’s healing comes from Water and simply auto attacking would have provided more support than what you achieved in that video. The next evolution would be building around Aura Sharing and then the topic of fields and how to proc them.

To be honest, we could all write pages of tips and insight on the subject. The thing is this level of learning should be done in a Custom Arena or Unranked.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Celine.6857

Or is it us?!

What don’t you make a gameplay video for both you and your husband? Yes people have been tough on OP (justifiably so) but also gave him some very good feedback, if you’re brave enough record some gameplay so we can see where the problem is.

I didn’t quote my entire message above to discard any clutter.

Although my PC sadly only allows low settings and recording will be low quality, I’d gladly, HAPPILY do so. Because even if it turns out to be us, we’d like to know! No one is perfect of course and we all make mistakes but I value my husband and I to be above average for sure.

In the words of de terminator… I’ll be back…

Samantha

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Celine.6857

Also. It seems to me that he has a very shallow understanding of the ele class and how to play and react. I’d suggest going to pve and playing tough opponents, like mobs that are higher level than yourself, or elites/soloing champs. If need be, if you are level 80, unequip everything except a lower level weapon and try to kill a large group of 80 mobs, such as the Sons of Svanir tower event in Frostgorge.

I couldn’t agree more about this. Although of course PvE is hugely different TO PvP, I learned MOST of my combos, and counters through leveling and exploring PvE which then when taken to PvP were utilized nicely as I learned through unranked against different classes and builds. Great comment. Advice that should be taken.

Samantha

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Celine.6857

Or is it us?!

This will sound harsh, but it’s probably you.

And that’s not because you don’t end up with terrible teams. The truth is, everyone ends up with terrible teams. When terrible players end up in a game, it’s not because there’s some line of logic in the matchmaking algorithm that says “There’s Celine and their husband. kitten those two!”.

Hahaha, thanks but it’s not me. If it were me I wouldn’t be pointing out the obvious tactics/strategies above for a start. I also know that I, and MOST even pro-league players aren’t perfect, but no way am I a bad player – I would class myself as above-average with human tendancies to have the odd off-day! But that doesn’t answer my overall question of why teams don’t follow the SIMPLE and FUNDAMENTAL rules I stated in my post.

The majority of issues comes down to poor communication – the better a team communicates, the better the overall game is, regardless. Also, I literally JUST played a match against 3 eles. I was only ele my side. I told the team at the start “they have lots of sustain, tactics anyone?” and one clever soul said “just die, it’s a loss”. We turned the match around from 200 or so to 430 or so, to win. Often people just give up at the beginning and this particular match, THOUGH RARE, I KNOW, shows that you MUST never give up. Push and you may just win, or in the very least not lose sooo badly.

I will aim to show this, and my overall ability when I was asked to post game-play….

Which comes to my query… as I already said, my pc is low-end, wasn’t built for gaming (aiming to purchase a new one this year) and on top of this our upload internet is beyond useless. I’ve recorded 3 matches so far, won 2 lost 1… I do want to upload these to show everyone but they are all extraordinarily large circa 1.5g. Does anyone know of a good program that could compress it without losing too much quality so I can upload to youtube, or whatever without it taking about 5 decades to upload?

Samantha

Fair Matchmaking? Kek.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

@OP posts gameplay of necro… first two fights he throws by not pressing stab to stomp a druid, and then not pressing stab to res his teammate.

In case you guys don’t know, the first midfight of a match is typically the number one most important fight to come out on top of if you are trying to carry bad players.

Ranger//Necro