Finally I can make The Ascension, 1000g WHAT?

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

After many hours playing the 3 PvP league seasons, I finally completed the 4 tiers of achievements, did 3 of 4 of the items needed for The Ascension, and suddenly I notice the 4th item cost like 1000 gold (one thousand gold) to make? seriously? How in this world a PvPer is going to make 1000g?

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Well, go pve for once! Alot of pve’rs went to pvp just for the backpack and wasted their sweat and tears even tho pvp is totally not their thang. Go farm in ze pve zones! Gl! ;D

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

PvP actually offers you pretty good gold. For example doing the arah track and using the tokens to buy rare helmets to salvage for ectos. You also get a good number of boxes/lootbags. As well as exotics that can be either mystic forged or salvaged.

You also gain 2 gold a day from the daily. And the laurels you get from logging in can be used to get t6 mats which greatly reduces the value. You also get mystic clovers for completing the track lowering the number of times you may need to farm for that item as well. You actually get most of the items you need normally. You will however have to start focusing towards what your short on.

To put it into perspective. I made the ascension myself as a primarily PvP and WvW player. I did recieve aid from another player near the end. But he was helping me get the last two t6 mats that I needed (around 140 golds worth of assistance he sent me) it was a big help but something that would have been completed in a week or two if I played a bit harder than I usually do.

All mystic clovers and the like were gotten by my own means.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

So, now I need to farm gold? not sure if someone is understanding the point here: 1000 gold to craft a PvP based item? WHY? 4 years playing and rarely have more than 200g, hello! I am a normal player ArenaNet! that ones that play for fun.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

So, now I need to farm gold? not sure if someone is understanding the point here: 1000 gold to craft a PvP based item? WHY?

Errr its not a PVP item. Since you dont need any items for pvp. Its a PVE backpiece that ANET in their wisdom made as a reward for PVP leagues.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Every legendary costs that kinda gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Gems!

Seriously though, it only costs that much if you have no T6 mats saved up and no laurels available.

Just remember that you can get T6 from the laurel vendor from the bags and can also flush T5 mats into T6 mats at the mystic toilet.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You don’t need to farm gold. If you played enough to complete the achievements, you probably have enough gold saved up.

edit: or laurels

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

So, now I need to farm gold? not sure if someone is understanding the point here: 1000 gold to craft a PvP based item? WHY?

Errr its not a PVP item. Since you dont need any items for pvp. Its a PVE backpiece that ANET in their wisdom made as a reward for PVP leagues.

You need to play PvP to get it, that’s what I mean, you should be able to craft it just by playing the league.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

You don’t need to farm gold. If you played enough to complete the achievements, you probably have enough gold saved up.

edit: or laurels

Of course not, do you play PvP? you really think completing the achievements is enough to get 1000g? think again my friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Because it uses the gift of fortune, which is a main component of every Legendary and accounts for the highest expense outside of (4?) precursors. The PvP seasons lasts a year. That’s a lot of time to get laurels and gold.

It’s not a “so NOW I HAVE to” situation. The expense was clear from the start.

in PvP

NeHoMaR.9812

It’s not a “so NOW I HAVE to” situation.

Of course it is, I completed the achievements, give me my reward now. Next year I am going to need another 1000g? cooool! GG.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Of course it is, I completed the achievements, give me my reward now. Next year I am going to need another 1000g? cooool! GG

No you didnt complete ALL the requirements for the backpiece. Obviously you need 1000g for a critical component. :P

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Of course it is, I completed the achievements, give me my reward now. Next year I am going to need another 1000g? cooool! GG.

So you completed all those achievements over the last seasons, working towards this Legendary item you want so much, and didn’t ever look into the full requirements for completing your goal? Oh. Your bad. Like I said, this isn’t a ‘so now, all of a sudden, I have to accomplish THIS’ situation. It was all clear from day one.

in PvP

Posted by: Stahlic.9458

Stahlic.9458

Honestly 1,000G isn’t really a huge amount of gold. I don’t really understand why you’re so surprised either when virtually every Legendary requires a Gift of Fortune.

It’s pretty easy to net 200 – 300G a week playing the game at a very casual level if you participate in both PvP and PvE.

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

What is this 1000g item you speak of? I know Gift of Something costs a lot to make, but when I made my wings in Season 2 I only had ~800g on me and still had ~300g left after making it. As others have noted you can get considerable gold by just playing PvP, also a lot of the materials from PvP loot boxes required for making the Gift, and buy the rest from TP.

in PvP

Stahlic.9458

The 1,000G figure is a rough estimate for the crafting cost of Gift of Fortune if you buy all the materials required.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Sell everything on the TP. EVERYTHING.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You need to play PvP to get it, that’s what I mean, you should be able to craft it just by playing the league.

You need to have the mats for the gift of fortune about as much as you need to play PvP. If you say that you cannot get those in sPvP, then obviously, by the same reasoning you presented, it must be a PvE item and you should be able to craft it just by farming those mats in PvE.

Either that, or something in your reasoning is wrong.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Stahlic.9458

Sell everything on the TP. EVERYTHING.

Except your T6 materials, Globs of Ectoplasm and Mystic Coins of course..

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

I totally feel you op, since i had the same questionmarks above my head last season. Luckyly i had a good amount of laurels for t6 mats, thats a good tip indeed. But without a question, its a kitten stupid idea to make the pvp legendary cost that much. It may not be much for pveĀ“ers, but for me it took like all my money(guess it was smth. like ~400g), and now im disabling it all the time because its ugly as hell. Worst investment ever, its basically a 400g glider now. xD

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

What is this 1000g item you speak of? I know Gift of Something costs a lot to make, but when I made my wings in Season 2 I only had ~800g on me and still had ~300g left after making it. As others have noted you can get considerable gold by just playing PvP, also a lot of the materials from PvP loot boxes required for making the Gift, and buy the rest from TP.

Yea, I just crafted mine and I don’t think if I’ve ever owned more than 200g at one time, but fortunately I had a lot of mats saved up.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

wow 4 years of playing and you rarely have 200g? thats your own fault.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

That’s the cheapest legendary you can craft you’ll get a good amount makinh the mystic clovers. And all those 5 tier mats you have stored upgrade em. Your probably closer than you think.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

After many hours playing the 3 PvP league seasons, I finally completed the 4 tiers of achievements, did 3 of 4 of the items needed for The Ascension, and suddenly I notice the 4th item cost like 1000 gold (one thousand gold) to make? seriously? How in this world a PvPer is going to make 1000g?

I made enough gold doing PvP to buy the precursor and missing mats for my legendary weapon.

You should put all weapons you get from the boxes in the MF, they become weapons you can sell on the TP. If you get lucky from the BLC with the keys you can get from PvP track, you can make a lot of money from them, mostly from weapon skins, unless you get really lucky and get a permanent contact.

As others have said, laurels for T6 mats is a good wat to get needed gold.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

… now im disabling it all the time because its ugly as hell …

Yes it is! xD

Yea, I’ll still be showing mine off for a while since this is my first legendary (and I’ve played since launch), but I wish we would have gotten something a bit more…aggressive looking as a PvP-specific legendary. I mean, spikes and dark colors seem to be more appropriate for a competitive game mode than pastel easter colors on feathery stained glass. =P

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The Ascensionis a lot cheaper (over 1000g at the time of posting this) than the PVE counter part. The achievements are not exactly hard if you consider having 4 seasons time for it, so the additional gold requirement is not suprising at all.

Proof:
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/74155-Ad-Infinitum
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/77474-The-Ascension

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

Its a legendary that requires Gift of Fortune…I do not see where the problem is….its just like any other legendary. We have known since Season 1 it required this. So I personally have been stock piling the last several seasons. About to finish Season 4 and will be able to craft it up right away.

Think ahead, prepare. Don’t cry about something you had time for.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

in PvP

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Sorry… but this is clearly your fault for not looking into what is needed to complete this item.
Every legendary item (minus armour as we do not yet know) needs a Gift of Fortune.
They said it from the beginning and it’s been on the wiki for many months now.
While it does suck.. this is all your fault dude.
Hopefully you learn to read up on stuff before hand.

Besides… 1000g when saving and doing normal pve things doesn’t take forever.. laurels dungeons etc – boom.
And the backpiece after all is a pve thing even though you can only get it via pvp and this is because pvp backpieces have no stat useage.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Its a legendary that requires Gift of Fortune…I do not see where the problem is….its just like any other legendary. We have known since Season 1 it required this.

I can’t remember the last time I PvE’d anything… I have 4k achievement points, a box load of crap in my inventory because I stopped opening boxes, and 50g to my name. 2.5k hours played and I didn’t know about this 1000G requirement till now…

No… it’s not obvious and not every player dabbles with these pve items. Had no idea.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Only sell any rares or exotics that are worth more than 40 silver. Ectos are worth around 47 silver and you can gain more than 1 by salvaging them with a Mystic salvage kit. Ofc there’s a chance to get nothing but it’s the only reason I didn’t say 50 silver. When you have more ectos than you need, you can salvage the ectos for dust(1 of the t6 mats) and pile those up until you get enough. Sell the extra dust for more money, they are the 2nd most valuable t6 material.

Laurels help a lot as well but you would need around 750 laurels to get all of the mats with laurels alone.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Spend laurels on t6 mats. It’ll significantly reduce the cost of Gift of Fortune for you. Plus, you don’t need anything else that laurels give and they’re easy to get with a little patience.

in PvP

Posted by: Twonineone.3490

Twonineone.3490

LoL this is true

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

So, now I need to farm gold? not sure if someone is understanding the point here: 1000 gold to craft a PvP based item? WHY? 4 years playing and rarely have more than 200g, hello! I am a normal player ArenaNet! that ones that play for fun.

I am 100% with you on this, IF they also provide some method of acquiring the other components of Ascension without having to complete sPvP achievements.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Stahlic.9458

Its a legendary that requires Gift of Fortune…I do not see where the problem is….its just like any other legendary. We have known since Season 1 it required this.

I can’t remember the last time I PvE’d anything… I have 4k achievement points, a box load of crap in my inventory because I stopped opening boxes, and 50g to my name. 2.5k hours played and I didn’t know about this 1000G requirement till now…

No… it’s not obvious and not every player dabbles with these pve items. Had no idea.

2,500 hours played and you don’t know what a Gift of Fortune is?

Horribly misinformed.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

I didn’t spend any gold. Cost me about 600 laurels to get a full stack of all the t6 mats, but one was seriously lagging behind the others, and I could’ve gotten by with probably 300 laurels (maybe less) if I’d just sold the mats I didn’t need to buy the ones I did.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Don’t forget you get most of the stuff just from PvP-ing or dailies. Laurels can be converted to T6 mats, if you do PvP tracks half your clovers should be done already and you get plenty of bags from PvP which give T6 too.

The only thing that might be lacking would be ectos which can easily be obtained in a few days of AB farm (PvE).

Alternatively, you can just be like my other friends who play PvP and shun the backpiece since it’s just a PvE gimmick

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I barely ever leave pvp (besides when getting skins only obtainable in pve). I had plenty of mats to make backpack when i got all the necessary pvp stuff in season 2 o_O

Thing is ugly anyway, xmuted right away xD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I made Sunrise (and fused to Twilight to get Eternity) in March and spent April crafting a Marauder (ascended) armor for my Rev, so I devoted May to get the 8 stacks of materials + 250 ectos to craft again the Gift of Fortune (I already had the clovers).

When I say “devoted” I mean that I spent like 60-70 minutes a day using my 11 characters to rotate gathering between rich ore veins of iron and tukawas, then selling the mats each 5 days. If you lack the characters then you can do wood gathering with a single character for the same time -is almost as time cost/effective-.

Seriously: is a exclusive skin with stat changing properties as any other legendray out there: is expensive. But is that cost what makes it relevant and will make you proud later. You can finish that in a few weeks, no big deal.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i always hated that part about legendaries.

the requirement for 8 × 250 tier 6 fine crafting materials.
absolutely ridiculous.

sure i may have 3.5k gold but i ain’t spending any on buying those tier 6 fine crafting materials.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

i always hated that part about legendaries.

the requirement for 8 × 250 tier 6 fine crafting materials.
absolutely ridiculous.

sure i may have 3.5k gold but i ain’t spending any on buying those tier 6 fine crafting materials.

The Predator was worth it XD (Rodgort the first well before that)

I’m never going to want gold for anything else ever (done with the game aside from the casual pvp), so might aswell enjoy blasting people on a rifle war :D

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

It only requires the Gift Of Oh-My-Kitten-Every-Expensive-Thing-In-The-Game!

Good thing I stocked up on 20,000 T6 leather when it was 2 silver a pop!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Well, go pve for once! Alot of pve’rs went to pvp just for the backpack and wasted their sweat and tears even tho pvp is totally not their thang. Go farm in ze pve zones! Gl! ;D

How about

• You PVE keep your gold
    And
  • us PVP get an actual mmr skill based item which PVEers cant get with facegrindroll.

kittened casualist arenanet,
One Double infraction please!

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I don’t understand what the OP wants.

Does he want the legendary to not cost 1000g to make for the gift of fortune making it the cheapest legendary by a longshot and therefore increasing the amount of pvers who rush to pvp just to get the cheapest legendary ever? And why would you blame them if it doesn’t require the gift of fortune?

The only thing with less foresight than anet is its customers.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

PvPers have every means to make a Gift of Fortune. I have a full stack of Mystic Clovers, more Laurels (t6 mats) then I know what to do with, Ectos I have stacks of just from Salvaging reward track Rares! That’s all it consists of.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I don’t understand what the OP wants.

Does he want the legendary to not cost 1000g to make for the gift of fortune making it the cheapest legendary by a longshot and therefore increasing the amount of pvers who rush to pvp just to get the cheapest legendary ever? And why would you blame them if it doesn’t require the gift of fortune?

The only thing with less foresight than anet is its customers.

100% this.

Also, it is ugly and the pvp players have no use for legendaries other than for looks, since the stats don’t matter.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

There are a ton of things to keep in mind that’ve already been brought up that mean that PvPers have unique advantages when it comes to crafting the Gift of Fortune.

For the gifts of Might and Magic, since you don’t need any of those materials, you just kinda build them up. And since you don’t need Laurels for anything, you can feed those straight into T6 bags.

For the Ectos you have very clear targets in the Dungeon tracks, and in some of the one-time and other tracks. Every box can be mulched into multiple ectos, dark matter and insignias/inscriptions.

For the Mystic Clovers you have a massive advantage over PvEers. The Mystic Clover recipe requires Mystic Coins which are obviously still rising quite steeply. You get two clovers from every repeatable reward track and seven from the one-time tracks. If you both sPvP and WvW and you clear all the HoT tracks as well as the Silverwastes track, you’ve just pulled 56 of the 77 clovers you need to make a legendary. Don’t underestimate this; this is, in the current state of the game, a huge portion of building a legendary.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

PvP actually offers you pretty good gold. For example doing the arah track and using the tokens to buy rare helmets to salvage for ectos. You also get a good number of boxes/lootbags. As well as exotics that can be either mystic forged or salvaged.

You also gain 2 gold a day from the daily. And the laurels you get from logging in can be used to get t6 mats which greatly reduces the value. You also get mystic clovers for completing the track lowering the number of times you may need to farm for that item as well. You actually get most of the items you need normally. You will however have to start focusing towards what your short on.

To put it into perspective. I made the ascension myself as a primarily PvP and WvW player. I did recieve aid from another player near the end. But he was helping me get the last two t6 mats that I needed (around 140 golds worth of assistance he sent me) it was a big help but something that would have been completed in a week or two if I played a bit harder than I usually do.

That attitude will change, after you go to the Auric Basin meta for an hour.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

That attitude will change, after you go to the Auric Basin meta for an hour.

I never claimed it offered the best gold in the game. The point I was making is that it was more than possible to make the gift of fortune with what PvP gives you.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Of course not, do you play PvP? you really think completing the achievements is enough to get 1000g? think again my friend.

Yup. Last year I only played pvp, opening loot boxes only when my inventory was full, and naturally not buying anything (you don’t need gear for pvp). One day, for fun, I threw 4 random gold (boots, rings and one Mystic Stone) in the MF, and I got Zap. So I thought “hey, I should craft Twilight”, and I realized that in one year I had enough gold and laurels saved up for the remaining gifts (I also explored one map per month between 2013 and 2014, so I had the Gift of Exploration ready). I got it the following week. All that playing maybe one hour a day on average.

You can go to gw2efficiency, it tells you how much all the stuff you have in your bank/collectibles is worth. You would be surprise by how much is already there, if you play pvp and don’t spend too often.