Finally, turret engi has been fixed

in PvP

Posted by: rastaman.1905

rastaman.1905

it was about time. no more 3 turret engies playing tower defense and using dodge+press 1=win tactic.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Well, enjoy your undisturbed celestial meta.
I’ll be off to PvE and come back once the specialization patch comes along and nerfs celestial.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I’ll be off to PvE and come back once the specialization patch comes along and nerfs celestial.

Judging by the changes I’ve seen, I think something much more terrifying than three professions using an common amulet is on the way. The new meta will drive people in mass to the forums to QQ.

If an annoying meta makes you hide in PvE, we won’t ever be seeing you in PvP.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Yeah because turrets actually affected celestial meta? Not only that but turrets actually a better meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i think now it would only be fair to give turrets tiny jetpacks and wheels to follow their master.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

naphack.9346

Judging by the changes I’ve seen, I think something much more terrifying than three professions using an common amulet is on the way. The new meta will drive people in mass to the forums to QQ.

If an annoying meta makes you hide in PvE, we won’t ever be seeing you in PvP.

As long as the new meta isn’t defined by people just rolling in with lots of pressure and sustain, spamming AoE and boons left, right and center, while drowning you in conditions, I don’t mind.

I for one am for a return to a meta with more defined and diversified roles. Currently it’s a wash, with cele rifle, cele dd, shoutbow and medi guard all being different flavors of the same concept.
If we can get back to a meta with more diversified builds, I won’t kittening care, how obnoxious those builds are. I just don’t feel like playing, when it seems everyone is running the exact same build… Even, when they run totally different classes.

Whether you fight a shoutbow, cele rifle, d/d ele, meditation guard… While they all have their strengths to some degree, there’s nothing remarkable or special about them. They charge in guns blazing and do their healy burning AoE thingie of doom.

I want builds with character.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in PvP

rastaman.1905

die heimerdinger die!!!

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

It took so much time to fix this broken and braindead AI build… It was about frekin time.

I cant believe people actually tried to defend this garbage? Who would defend such a kittened build beside from the people who abuse it themselves?

Anyway im glad its gone. Solo Q wont be hell anymore.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Amen to that!

in PvP

rastaman.1905

It took so much time to fix this broken and braindead AI build… It was about frekin time.

I cant believe people actually tried to defend this garbage? Who would defend such a kittened build beside from the people who abuse it themselves?

brain dead people with lame arguments like “learn to adapt”, “learn to rotate”, “this is not a balance issue, its a l2p issue” and “if you are a thief and see a turret engi, use the go away tactic on him”

(edited by rastaman.1905)

in PvP

naphack.9346

Well, going to the forum, crying “muh meta build iznt wurkin. Nurf turretz plx” is any less lame?

Just sayin’.

in PvP

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Lol @ the thought of a turret running away when feared. Has anyone tried fearing a turret?

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

nerfed or sbooned, not fixed.

Just sayin.

in PvP

naphack.9346

nerfed or sbooned, not fixed.

Just sayin.

What do you mean, it’s not okay to shell a village where a terrorist is hiding with artillery?
The best way to fix a problem is to make sure, the problem will never occur again, right?

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Fixed usually means that it was broken and they repaired it. Fixed doesn’t mean destroy it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

brain dead people with lame arguments like “learn to adapt”, “learn to rotate”, “this is not a balance issue, its a l2p issue” and “if you are a thief and see a turret engi, use the go away tactic on him”

Usually because it actually works.

If you see a thief, most of the time the go away tactics doesn’t work.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

You can thank NA for that from getting Turrets to get streamed live. I actually had the goal of getting it nerfed by getting it streamed a few weeks ago on that Apex match.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

If they make Turrets strong they need to make Guardian Spirit Weapons, Mesmer Phantasms and Beastmaster Ranger pets strong again.

in PvP

sendmark.4731

You can thank NA for that from getting Turrets to get streamed live. I actually had the goal of getting it nerfed by getting it streamed a few weeks ago on that Apex match.

Yes no coincidence they push this out so soon after the recent Go4s.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Now that turrets can be affected by conditions, do condition cleansing skills also work on them? I would hope so.

(Note: I do not play a turret engi and I found them annoying, just speaking for the sake of balance)

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

I want builds with character.

Turrets have no character, and they have no soul.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes no coincidence they push this out so soon after the recent Go4s.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Look, engis have builds other than celestial. The only problem is that those builds aren’t as good as other classes running similar specs. Engineers have a burst, bunker, and condi builds but other classes run them better. Celestial is only meta because for now, it’s the best build. This change doesn’t impact how I play HGH burst engi or how I play condi p/s engi. Perhaps it will force people to play or experiment with other engi builds. You can still win with other builds. I do.

I think people got comfortable with turret engi. It’s still viable but not in the way it was used before. People also admitted that it didn’t impact their play style. No one agrees it was the best solution but it was “a” solution. This is the third time they have nerfed engi, it won’t be the last.

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Fixed usually means that it was broken and they repaired it. Fixed doesn’t mean destroy it.

is it actually destroyed…? its not like any of the turrets were hard to kill before, except thumper, it was more that the engie could be tanky af and still have turrets that hit hard. This is a pretty silly fix

in PvP

naphack.9346

Look, engis have builds other than celestial. The only problem is that those builds aren’t as good as other classes running similar specs. Engineers have a burst, bunker, and condi builds but other classes run them better. Celestial is only meta because for now, it’s the best build. This change doesn’t impact how I play HGH burst engi or how I play condi p/s engi. Perhaps it will force people to play or experiment with other engi builds. You can still win with other builds. I do.

I think people got comfortable with turret engi. It’s still viable but not in the way it was used before. People also admitted that it didn’t impact their play style. No one agrees it was the best solution but it was “a” solution. This is the third time they have nerfed engi, it won’t be the last.

The reason, nobody plays condi or burst engi isn’t that other classes can do that better.
The reason, nobody plays condi or burst engi is, that nobody runs condi or burst anything these days. Everyone runs healing tanky builds with passive condition application and good physical damage, condi clear, lots of AoE spam and boon application.
Most of them are celestial, except for the guardian, which can stay in the meta on the power of meditations alone, without having to abuse overpowered stat combinations.
Then there is thieves, which will find a way to fit into every meta, no matter, what you do to them.
Condi ranger or trapper? Driven out of the meta by shoutbows.
Shatter mesmer? Driven out of the meta by hard to kill builds and thieves.
Powermancer, Terrormancer? Driven out of the meta by shoutbows and meditation guards.

If those builds weren’t part of the meta anymore, because people found other classes, which can do the job better, there’d be no reason to complain. But that isn’t the case. They aren’t part of the meta anymore because nobody needs dedicated builds. People want to have their cake and eat it. It’s the celestial meta. A build needs to be able to do everything equally or it is unworthy.

(edited by naphack.9346)

in PvP

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

is it actually destroyed…? its not like any of the turrets were hard to kill before, except thumper, it was more that the engie could be tanky af and still have turrets that hit hard. This is a pretty silly fix

I’m interested to see if it is still manageable or not. I enjoyed playing Turreteer for the strategic defensive options. The only people who think the build is literally brain dead are those who don’t appreciate the point of the build; to be tanky and successfully defend a point. It is not an assault build.

That said, every single turret will melt now; fast. Experimental Turrets is going to be less desirable, since you will want your turrets far out of range of you (being attacked), and Thumper Turret will probably be affected the most, since it usually lives right on point. I could see this build still functioning, but I doubt it will be anywhere near as effective as it was. I just hope they consider condition clear for them, even if they don’t allow boons to be applied (though they absolutely should, for balancing purposes).

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

OMG ur so funny. It was so bad & so broken that pvp was no longer fun with engies around. The community.. the whole community is saying so. Now it feels way more balance that you guys have to skill somewhat to survive.

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

So, congratulations. Those who hated the turret build of engineers can rejoice. I did some testing in our guilds custom arena – turrets last mere seconds.

Been playing turrets since release. It was what attracted me to the class. And while it was a build that was slightly OP to those who didn’t understand the counter. Against those who did, they were always fun fights. I built completely around it and really had a fun thing going. For me, this was not a fix. It was a complete decimation.

Not just in PvP either. Mobs march through them like candy and I was always very good at being effective with them in dungeons and open world content. Can’t anymore.

I even ran turrets in WvW. The reflective shield at the right time was devastating. Now? As soon as they’re dropped, they are completely gone to AoE spam.

So thank you for catering to the vocal minority. There’s zero use for turrets anywhere now.

in PvP

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

So are you going with fixed as in neutered? I can see that as it seemed like the playstyle was reproducing kind of quickly, but that might have had more to do with engineer being on the dailies a bit more often than it should be.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in PvP

naphack.9346

So, congratulations. Those who hated the turret build of engineers can rejoice. I did some testing in our guilds custom arena – turrets last mere seconds.

Been playing turrets since release. It was what attracted me to the class. And while it was a build that was slightly OP to those who didn’t understand the counter. Against those who did, they were always fun fights. I built completely around it and really had a fun thing going. For me, this was not a fix. It was a complete decimation.

Not just in PvP either. Mobs march through them like candy and I was always very good at being effective with them in dungeons and open world content. Can’t anymore.

I even ran turrets in WvW. The reflective shield at the right time was devastating. Now? As soon as they’re dropped, they are completely gone to AoE spam.

So thank you for catering to the vocal minority. There’s zero use for turrets anywhere now.

As someone who played turrets since release, I’m interested in your reaction to the inclusion of Sentinel amulet to pvp last february.
Did you already see the writing on the wall?
I mean, including the sentinel amulet was very short-sighted of Arena.net.

Also, what’s your view on a fortified turret build in pvp? (and ditching the rocket turret because the cooldown is too long)

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Yay, turret-teers have been transformed to turret-tears, i like!

Former turretteers now need to use their wasd movement keys, i guess this completly overstrains them. xD

in PvP

Stark.1350

As someone who played turrets since release, I’m interested in your reaction to the inclusion of Sentinel amulet to pvp last february.
Did you already see the writing on the wall?
I mean, including the sentinel amulet was very short-sighted of Arena.net.

Also, what’s your view on a fortified turret build in pvp? (and ditching the rocket turret because the cooldown is too long)

The sentinel amulet made me more tanky, but I did fine without it.

I ran accelerant packed turrets, metal plating, auto tool installation, fortified turrets, invigorating speed, protection injection and experimental turrets. The shield is complete havoc.

I ran pistol/shield with the two runes that transfer and remove conditions. I ran travelers runes for boon duration and mobility between points.

Worked really well. Without turrets able to stand up to anything, it doesn’t work at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Now to get rid of RTW 2 spamming rangers and shoutbow.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Yay, turret-teers have been transformed to turret-tears, i like!

Former turretteers now need to use their wasd movement keys, i guess this completly overstrains them. xD

You have no understanding of the class.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

sendmark.4731

He understands that class spec completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

OMG ur so funny. It was so bad & so broken that pvp was no longer fun with engies around. The community.. the whole community is saying so. Now it feels way more balance that you guys have to skill somewhat to survive.

No i understand turret engies sucked, and yeah it seems like theyre less powerful, but i really think this fix was silly. The only really tanky turret was thumper, but the problem was more that turrets were so spread out it was a pain to go and kill them and it was easier to focus the engie however he was able to take really tanky stats. Made way more sense for them to force turret engies to run zerker to get any real damage from turrets…idk

but yeah thank you for the fix!

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Turret engineers were never a problem in WvWvW, where massive AoE is everywhere and the damage is generally much higher. Previously the turrets died in 1-3 seconds, now the time is even shorter, basically making them utterly useless. I really recommend the developers, who are responsible for skill “balance”, to play at least 1000 h of roaming and another 1000 h of zerging in WvWvW.

Turret engineer was a bad build in WvWvW before these changes, now it is just garbage.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

there is no reason to play a roamer with turrets that don’t move in the first place…
roamers generally have mobility and disengages you know.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

to play at least 1000 h of roaming

Someone played a Turret-Engi as roamer in WvW? Really???

Every enemy with half a brain could just walk out of the reach of the turrets. The only reason Turrets were strong in PvP was the fact that in PvP you have to stay on the point to cap it.

in PvP

Deniara Devious.3948

to play at least 1000 h of roaming

Someone played a Turret-Engi as roamer in WvW? Really???

Every enemy with half a brain could just walk out of the reach of the turrets. The only reason Turrets were strong in PvP was the fact that in PvP you have to stay on the point to cap it.

You are missing my point. I do NOT play a turret engineer (except for supply crate, which most engis use as their elite). Turret engis have been rare as hen’s teeth in WvWvW, because it is a bad build for such map. For roaming you need mobility (turrets give you none) and in zerging the turrets get destroyed very fast.

Now the recent “balance” patch made turret engineer is made into trash category. These spvp focused “balance” updates, which affect all game modes from pve to WvWvW, do NOT make any sense whatsoever.

I also didn’t like turret engineers in spvp. It was a cheap, no brainer build, but the way it was “balanced” in all game modes was just pure laziness.

Arenanet has a very bad track record of “balancing” engineer. For warriors it usually does small 8-25% shaving, but for engineers it completely deletes a build e.g. 100 nades (50% nerf), automated response (who uses it anymore?). Now cele engi is the only thing which works in spvp meta and soon celestial gets ~10% nerf and shoutbow and D/D elementalist can much easier stack might to compensate the lack of offensive stats.

in PvP

Shylock.4653

You are missing my point.

Honestly it is hard to get your point. Turret Engi were nearly exclusively used in PvP, because they were bad in every other game-mode. So there is no real collateral damage here. Instead of removing Turrets “completely” from the game anet should have taken a bigger approach and completely rework turrets to make them viable but not OP in all game-modes.

in PvP

Stark.1350

Honestly it is hard to get your point. Turret Engi were nearly exclusively used in PvP, because they were bad in every other game-mode. So there is no real collateral damage here. Instead of removing Turrets “completely” from the game anet should have taken a bigger approach and completely rework turrets to make them viable but not OP in all game-modes.

Bad in every other game mode for those that had no clue how to use them.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Are you really trying to suggest that some turret engi actually used to have brains?

Nah…nvm…i probably made some mistake while reading your post…

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Shylock.4653

Please show us this great Turret-Engi Build for PvE and WvW. Last time I checked MetaBattle

http://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

the only viable Turret-Engi build was this

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Engineer_-_Turret

for PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I don’t think machines should bleed. but burning, poison (corrosion), and vulnerability make sense. honestly it would have been enough to make them crit-able. rest was unnecessary. I know this isn’t the popular opinion, but I never had too many issues with turret engies. but I did get annoyed watching my baddie teammates get instagibbed by their turrets and cc. people are just bads in general though.

in PvP

Shaogin.2679

I don’t think machines should bleed. but burning, poison (corrosion), and vulnerability make sense. honestly it would have been enough to make them crit-able. rest was unnecessary. I know this isn’t the popular opinion, but I never had too many issues with turret engies. but I did get annoyed watching my baddie teammates get instagibbed by their turrets and cc. people are just bads in general though.

I don’t think Fire Elementals should burn but hey, some of them do. As far as the bleeding, if it helps think of it as leaking oil. As for the Turret Nerfs, a rework was needed, but of course….Anet, so a nuke was dropped instead. I guess it’s just easier to take the low road instead.

Gate of Madness

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I don’t play engineer, never had. I have encountered the infamous turret build in pvp several times. Just wanna say they nerfed the build to oblivion. I never liked the idea of letting every single condition affect turrets, like they do now.

Heck Anet, you could have started with the suggestion made by Tron Jeremy – let the burning condition affect turrets. You could have started with that, and watched how things would evolve from there. Especially since you guys have always said you want to take small steps when it comes to balancing things…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Deniara Devious.3948

Instead of removing Turrets “completely” from the game anet should have taken a bigger approach and completely rework turrets to make them viable but not OP in all game-modes.

Please explain how turrets are viable in WvWvW or pve, because they are NOT. They were bad before this patch and now they are utter garbage, except for the launch from the accelerant packed turrets traits.

I think the general consensus is: Arenanet nerfed turrets to oblivion. Some players are probably happy about it, but similarly some other players would be happy to see stealth or entire professions completely removed from the game.

It is sad that Arenanet is probably repeating the mistake with the grenade kit, making it totally subpar for WvWvW by massively nerfing the range from 1500 to 900. It is “nice” that the rarest profession in WvWvW gets hit by nerf hammer time after time (I know engineers are common in spvp, but NOT everybody’s main game is spvp). After the planned changes, why would anybody consider grenade engineer over staff elementalist, which is already much better than engi in support, burst, dps and utility?

Question for Arenanet developers: Why the turrets were nerfed in all game modes? Was there much complaints that turrets were overpowered in pve or WvWvW?