First to Burst, wins!

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

this is my description of the next pvp season. With no healers available; battles will be quick and decisive.

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

This is what all the kids asked for…. they got it, but at the expense of kittening everyone else off. Who can take this game seriously anymore, it just gets worse and worse and worse.

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

Having played a full glass cannon Berserker DA/CS/T Thief, I can tell you that this will not be the case as long as insane passives remain.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Actually this is how the game started. It was a fight to see who would drop who’s hp first. No Immortal specs. No support classes (no holy trinity).

You had to play either point guard bunker which was limited in sustain or fighter/roamer.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Actually this is how the game started. It was a fight to see who would drop who’s hp first. No Immortal specs. No support classes (no holy trinity).

You had to play either point guard bunker which was limited in sustain or fighter/roamer.

And yet condi Zerkers, and Reapers can still Tank, heal, and do the same damage. It’s just ANet forcing players to play condi comps to win matches.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I know right? Reminds me of the mindless MM CoD has.

Stella Truth Seeker

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

The game will be no where near “first to burst, first to win”. Removing clerics amulet does not magically make this game an FPS twitch-reflexes shooter.

Seeing as it’s just one healer build that lost a favorite amulet, virtually nothing was done about the other things that drastically increase the staying power in PvP combat – Druid, Engineer, and a host of bruiser archetypes.

The game is still, and will be, far slower a killing pace, than in vanilla GW2. Support builds didn’t exist pre-expansion in the meta, and it wasn’t half bad.

That being acknowledged, PvP is exponentially more fun when fights are decided instead of being stalled infinitely after one side takes the lead in pressure/kills.

The patch was a step in the right direction, completely. Everyone I’ve talked to is overjoyed that they either don’t have to play healer ele anymore, or now aren’t falling asleep in teamfights.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

… Support builds didn’t exist pre-expansion in the meta, and it wasn’t half bad. …

What? You played 2 dd ele comp to get Champion of the World and you affirm that support builds didn’t exist pre-expansion? (dd ele was cleansing you, gave protections/regen and might stack, rezzing with mistform/armor of earth)

As I remember correctly, Settler Shoutbow Warrior was support and working good. DD ele as well. Soldier Rifle Engi did bring CC and some support.

Sorry Chaith, now I am mind blasted. Perhaps, you should had said 2 weeks prior the expac… but even that is flat wrong.

Care to explain your PoV?

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

… Support builds didn’t exist pre-expansion in the meta, and it wasn’t half bad. …

Care to explain your PoV?

Yes, when I say ‘support’ it’s not might stacking bruisers, rather I see supports as similar to clerics Staff Elementalist and clerics Guardian. Also gonna clarify to say that I was talking about the period right before the xPac where running pure support builds was almost always inferior to running bruisers and carries that happened to have small support potential baked in, pre-expansion.

‘Support role’ became more of a thing when all the healing and reviving potential came about in the xPac is all.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

so now you said that meta bunker will be rather than support.

wow …..

bunker guard, engi and ranger will be meta with point holder and other with condi

basically ventary rev, support mesmer, support ele unenviable any more . why? if they gave us the utilities, traits, and weapon to build for it?!

First to Burst, wins!

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

More like, whoever has the build with more passive invuln/dodges/blocks wins.