For those who think AOE dmg is a problem

in PvP

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

The problem with this game is that Anet listens to ppl who are clueless.

Its like listening to ppl who cant make a 8×9 and they want to give their opinion in math issues.

People who cant win 1v1 with class advantage and they will call the duel imbalanced and something OP because they lack the skill: They mistake their own incompetence and lack of intelligence with true OPness.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Masternewbz.4953, I said this in your other thread, but here it is again. You should watch this. http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/c/2517953

I’m not going to comment on the AOE stuff right now, as I would like to continue reading your feedback.

Thanks all

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

There is condition/hybrid AoE on engi (bomb kit/grenades) and necro.

Also there is mesmer shatter and there are some more problematic examples on other specific class skills as well.

Then again there is balanced AoE like ele staff (it is considered UP because the OP stuff just outperforms it), ranger Barrage, Engi Rifle, Guardian GS. On all these skills you can see that they require either high casting times vulnerable to interrupting, melee range or just generally take more effort to apply them.

I really would tune down AoE condition spam and mesmer shatter and we are at a decent spot.

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Masternewbz.4953, I said this in your other thread, but here it is again. You should watch this. http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru/c/2517953

I’m not going to comment on the AOE stuff right now, as I would like to continue reading your feedback.

Thanks all

Sooooo what you’re saying is that there are no plans regarding this as of yet and you still need to listen to further feedback? Despite blatantly stating you were working on it a few months ago?

(edited by Jzaku.9765)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

What happens when you nerf aoe? Say goodbye to the ele staff as its AOE only.

Well, that’s a class design issue, isn’t it. Just another drop in the sea.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

How does one not cluster on a point when winning the game is about standing on said point?

in PvP

Posted by: SapphireGrace.7123

SapphireGrace.7123

Although he didn’t say it very gracefully, I think Masternewbz is kind of right. I play a lot of tPvP and AoE damage should punish you for standing in it. Can you not see a Chaos Storm when you stand in it and move out of the way? I understand some things like immobilize or stun don’t seem very fair but honestly, in my experience, my stun breaker or condition removal is enough to deal with it.

And if for some reason you can’t just simply move out of the way, there are other ways to deal with it depending on your character (retaliation, a Ranger’s dodges, protection to reduce damage, etc). As well, the particle affects on AoE is really, really blatantly obvious so you really should realize that you’re being hit by AoE.

Please, please Anet, don’t nerf AoE. I’ve never once heard tPvPers complain about AoE, and honestly, you should be punished for standing in it when it’s so obvious that you’re being hit by it. I don’t know if you could make it any more obvious (you could actually reduce some particle effects, that’d be really nice) that a person is standing in AoE. I understand people complain because they have to stand on a point but tactically it is better to move out of the AoE and avoid being killed by the other team, kill the other team and take the point back than just stubbornly standing on a point and dying from AoE.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Although he didn’t say it very gracefully, I think Masternewbz is kind of right. I play a lot of tPvP and AoE damage should punish you for standing in it. Can you not see a Chaos Storm when you stand in it and move out of the way? I understand some things like immobilize or stun don’t seem very fair but honestly, in my experience, my stun breaker or condition removal is enough to deal with it.

And if for some reason you can’t just simply move out of the way, there are other ways to deal with it depending on your character (retaliation, a Ranger’s dodges, protection to reduce damage, etc). As well, the particle affects on AoE is really, really blatantly obvious so you really should realize that you’re being hit by AoE.

Please, please Anet, don’t nerf AoE. I’ve never once heard tPvPers complain about AoE, and honestly, you should be punished for standing in it when it’s so obvious that you’re being hit by it. I don’t know if you could make it any more obvious (you could actually reduce some particle effects, that’d be really nice) that a person is standing in AoE. I understand people complain because they have to stand on a point but tactically it is better to move out of the AoE and avoid being killed by the other team, kill the other team and take the point back than just stubbornly standing on a point and dying from AoE.

Still ignoring the fact, that when people start spamming all their AoE skills, in case you’re playing warrior, you end up faced with a situation where you have NOWHERE to stand. As warrior you spend most of the time disengaging and reengaging the enemy because the pressure from all the AoE is just too high. The AOE is EVERYWHERE not only on the point, so even if you’re extra careful you get harmed by it. And on most maps there is no space left outside of the cap point anyway, except on Legacy. Even on Legacy, you could see K-Pop playing warrior in one of the recent tournaments, he was struggling a lot with all the AoE pressure on cemetery. Are you all going to teach him how to play warrior and stand outside the AoE? Because it sure seems like you guys are the better players here that never get hurt by oh-so-puny-AoE.

Seriously telling people “don’t stand in the AoE” is so kittening ignorant it makes my head spin.

Next up – There’s loads of AoE skills in this game that hurt you not by standing in them, they simply pop up and Bang! Really fun playing against 2 staff necros right now that spam the whole vicinity of the cap point with their marks. Awesome. And maybe add an engi with nades throwing them from a safe distance and some other AoE nonesense. Are you still going to tell me I’m just clumsy for being harmed by all that AoE?

There’s way too much of it in this game, it’s out of control, and every time there’s a bigger fight anywhere on the map, the kitten just hits the fan and there’s AoE everywhere you go. And that’s not fun and it does not promote skillful use of your offensive skills.

AoE skills cover way too much ground compared to the size of cap points and maneuverable space outside the cap points.

in PvP

Posted by: SapphireGrace.7123

SapphireGrace.7123

Still ignoring the fact, that when people start spamming all their AoE skills, in case you’re playing warrior, you end up faced with a situation where you have NOWHERE to stand. As warrior you spend most of the time disengaging and reengaging the enemy because the pressure from all the AoE is just too high. The AOE is EVERYWHERE not only on the point, so even if you’re extra careful you get harmed by it. And on most maps there is no space left outside of the cap point anyway, except on Legacy. Even on Legacy, you could see K-Pop playing warrior in one of the recent tournaments, he was struggling a lot with all the AoE pressure on cemetery. Are you all going to teach him how to play warrior and stand outside the AoE? Because it sure seems like you guys are the better players here that never get hurt by oh-so-puny-AoE.

Seriously telling people “don’t stand in the AoE” is so kittening ignorant it makes my head spin.

Next up – There’s loads of AoE skills in this game that hurt you not by standing in them, they simply pop up and Bang! Really fun playing against 2 staff necros right now that spam the whole vicinity of the cap point with their marks. Awesome. And maybe add an engi with nades throwing them from a safe distance and some other AoE nonesense. Are you still going to tell me I’m just clumsy for being harmed by all that AoE?

There’s way too much of it in this game, it’s out of control, and every time there’s a bigger fight anywhere on the map, the kitten just hits the fan and there’s AoE everywhere you go. And that’s not fun and it does not promote skillful use of your offensive skills.

AoE skills cover way too much ground compared to the size of cap points and maneuverable space outside the cap points.

Why can’t you be a bit more polite? That would be nice, thanks.

Grenades are an example of something that isn’t quite fair because you can’t move out of the way, I agree. But other characters that deal AoE (eles) really isn’t that strong if you move out of its way. And frankly, as a Warrior, I do fine against AoE because I run a longbow, I can do my own AoE back to them. I’m not saying “no Warrior ever has problems because they’re playing wrong” – I can only tell you what I’ve seen based off of my own experience, I’m not trying to act like a “better” player, so please don’t accuse me of that.

As far as Necromancer marks go, that’s up for debate. AoE that cannot be moved out of the way of is a bit harder to balance, but I’m talking purely about fields of effect that can be moved out of. Sorry if I didn’t clarify that earlier.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I never use AoE skills in sPvP cause it is only 5 vs. 5(not playing hotjoin, only tournament) where you usually have all the 5 at one spot. And if… then they certainly are not that stupid to let themselves being farmed by AoE.

Only use for AoE is against Necro minions(Mesmer clones die too fast against normal attacks and other classes don’t have enough pets).