Forest of Niflhel

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

Q:

I just have a suggestion for this map, when the forest creatures come up you have to take them out for the extra 25 points, but the problem with this mechanic is that the kill is based on the last hit, so if someone is battling hard to get it and does most of the work, then a ranger comes around the corner and does a one shot for the win, this is not really balanced and unfair, but if like in Foefire were you need to finish them, then that would be better, then you will need to earn this kill

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

unfortunatly you foget 1 important thing, it is a creature and not a humonoid. creatures have no soul, so they do not get downed, they only get killed and disappear

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

No? Map control and having to know where the enemy roamers are to secure beast kills is one of the things that makes Niflhel unique.
If somebody steals a beast from you, it’s your fault because it could have been prevented.

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The forest creatures work just fine. You don’t “have” to kill them. In fact you should probably ignore them unless its really close at the end and you need to catch up or it can win it for you at the end.

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

A down state for the creatures would be cool…

But are you really being serious? It’s totally fair and balanced, and fine as it is. You should be punished for being unaware of the enemy players in your vicinity, or for engaging in combat knowing you don’t have any burst damage to deal with enemy sneak attacks.

and your Q is not even a question…it’s a suggestion… You might as well change your signature to say “I’m new to the game and want to complain about mechanics that i don’t understand”

(edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684)

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Think of the beasts as bonuses for the roamers to grab if they are convenient. A beast isn’t mandatory (all the beast are roughly 150 points if you kill all of them shortly after spawning) but can turn the tide if you can grab them.

The last hit mechanic means both sides have a 50/50 shot if they are contesting the same beast regardless of when they showed up. That is more fair than just counting overall damage or giving it a downed state. It’s 25 points not the 150 lord is worth.

Beasts are one of the better map mechanics imo. You can even help the beast kill a player and then kill the beast to help avoid the chance the points will go to the other team. You can also use beasts to lure people off point, decap, and still have a solid chance at taking beast as well.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

You are punished for your low awareness, and cannot blame the game mechanic.

The animal should only be engaged if you have safely wiped their team in a teamfight or skirmish and you are certain they cannot extend over to steal. While you are struggling with PvE, your team is 4v5 over the map in a disadvantage. One of the best times is when you push their home node and some are on respawn.

Mostly if you are unsure, play it safe and just react to animal attempts, don’t open on your own if you don’t know where the enemy thief is or enemies are close by.

Animal while score is over 400 is very significant since it will be comparatively a massive chunk towards victory, and this is where you gamble for a kill/steal.

One way to check if they are doing animal is to check if the icon is moving – some teams may manage to hold it still where it stands so you don’t know if they are doing it, but smart roamers can predict based on minimap and try to reactively steal animal.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I will not stomp a creature.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

The bosses in forest are perfectly balanced. If something like what the OP suggests was brought in, I would start hating the mechanic. Why change something that is not broken?

And yes, as others have said, if you go for boss at all unless it is near the end of the game and you need it to win, or if the enemy team just wiped on your close, then you are just putting your team at a disadvantage. Going for boss is what causes your team to lose the teamfight because they are outnumbered and then you end up losing 100+ points to the enemy team because of this. The extra 25 points you get means practically nothing in this case.

In addition, stealing bosses is not unfair or unbalanced at all. It takes skill and timing to successfully steal a boss and most of the time, the boss kill is decided by whoever times their burst skill correctly at the end. Yes, sometimes it truly is random chance (for example I got a boss kill with a staff auto attack vs a Rev, thief and 1 other. This was on stream too and it won me the game, hahaha). But the vast majority of times it is down to timing your skills correctly and this is an element of skill that should absolutely not be removed from the game.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

last hit is ok, only have a problem when condis are involved and kill become pure RNG

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I will not stomp a creature.

not even on weasel stomping day?

Attachments:

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

That is part of the map strategy = stealing beasts. The only issue with it is, as mentioned, condis – even if you should get last hit because you took last 5% of the beast with 1 attack, the enemy that applied condis will most likely still get the credit for it due to how condis work. Have seen it happen way too many times.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Biggest problem I’ve had with the beasts isn’t getting them stolen. Its when we are doing okay controlling the points, the beasts appear and half the team runs off to slay them leaving us to get decapped. A nice enough boost but I think some people put way too much importance in them.

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: gw niko.1049

gw niko.1049

Good example for a pve player crying about simple pvp mechanics he doesn´t understand.
It´s wanted like this man. LOL
It´s supposed to be a “competeiv” game mode. Just get out of here. LOL
Can´t believe it. He thinks it´s “not fair”. xD

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Forest is one of the few maps that has cherry mechanics and dynamic.
Don’t jinx it with weird suggestions.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

That is part of the map strategy = stealing beasts. The only issue with it is, as mentioned, condis – even if you should get last hit because you took last 5% of the beast with 1 attack, the enemy that applied condis will most likely still get the credit for it due to how condis work. Have seen it happen way too many times.

That’s not how it works.

If the boss dies to a condi tick and both teams have stacks of that condi on the beast, then it’s effectively random.

If the boss dies to a power attack, the points will always go to the team that dealt that attack.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Forest of Niflhel

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

That’s not how it works.

If the boss dies to a condi tick and both teams have stacks of that condi on the beast, then it’s effectively random.

If the boss dies to a power attack, the points will always go to the team that dealt that attack.

No it doesn’t.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>