Funniest things you heard in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Legacy of Foefire

My team there was a ranger with a longbow that claimed he was Legolas and he would defend Helms Deep at all costs. He never stopped patroling on top of the wall during the entire match. Truth be told, they never brokee into “Helms Deep”, but they never needed to since it was basically 4v5

best moment
Me as a thief managed to get a Charr warrior downed in a 1v1, I pop stealth to stomp him and as I was mid stomp, he comes up with this:

“Atleast look me in the eyes before finishing me”

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Posted by: pzyonix.1645

pzyonix.1645

A match on Skyhammer full of knockbacks resulted in shouts like:

Hole in one!
Birdy!
My swing is off!

And many more XDXDXD

in PvP

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

A MM Necro calling my Thief OP while I successfully 1v1’d him.

That’s impressive! I had a tanky/healy MM Necro calling out a thief that ran away from him when ever it was a 1v1. I was like you mean you want to 6v1 him? Seriously though, MM necro is scarry in PvP…but in WvW they are just so tasty on my stakes after being soaked in minion blood.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Some of you are trying to use this as a way to complain about ANET or balance. We already have plenty of threads for that go there instead.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

“Legacy of Foefire

My team there was a ranger with a longbow that claimed he was Legolas and he would defend Helms Deep at all costs. He never stopped patroling on top of the wall during the entire match. Truth be told, they never brokee into “Helms Deep”, but they never needed to since it was basically 4v5"

Omg Legolas I can’t stop laughing omg Epic

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

“Warriors should be immune to conditions.”

Powerr, 2012.

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

This is my banner, this is my buff,
With this I smack people, and this I camp.

EDIT: meh, dev deleted his post should’ve quoted him, t’was a good one.

Attachments:

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

in PvP

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

Once had a guy on my team in SPvP who would run out of the spawn, run over to our lord, kneel before the lord before getting up and running off to join the match again. Saw him do it several times. Definitely good for a laugh.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Previous

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Funniest thing I’ve ever heard in PvP?

Hard to say. Map chat in Anvil Rock’s Heart of the Mists at launch was like the wild west. I’m sure we could fill a few pages of quotes.

^^^

Recently I was in a TSS solo arena match and before the match started there was this warrior communicating with the team.. but in his own secret language known only to himself. From this we knew he was confident in his own abilities. Anyways once the match started he successfully captured home point and held it until the 8:30 mark. He valiantly defended the point as our team lost Tranquility. At this point in time he stated in team chat, “NME GOT OP BUFF”. After successfully communicating this to our team and before recapping the node he just lost from the buff, he immediately jetted for the ice cave. He was friendly enough at this point to also communicate to us that he would now defend the ice cave area as if he thought the buff would be respawning shortly. He had banners popped and he was now roaming the ice cave. Despite our desperate attempts from our team to get him out of the ice cave, we were unsuccessful. As the game ended he left us with “where buff?”

His noteworthy accomplishments and communication were remembered from that day. The experience was logged and recommendations on improving the learning experience for that map was forwarded along

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Playing Rifle/SD burst engineer with berserker amulet. Tremendous burst, fragile, agile, lots of CC. Loved it. Fight another engineer, down him in three seconds. ‘Reported you little cheater

Fight a lowbie guardian (rank 9) ‘Oh mon dieu! Hacker!’

Fight a thief ‘WTF! You just took 17k HP in three seconds!? No one should burst like this!’ I re-state, a thief.

Fight another thief in our point. He bounces, teleports, dodges, evades. Can’t really do much against him as he whittles me down and all my shots go astray since he is all over the place. He wins. I run back, he is still at the point, we start again, half way in a guardian has respawned and is running back, he joins, we kill the thief. I receive a whisper, ‘Do you need help?’ At first I think it was the guardian (I pay zero attention to the names of the enemies or even of my team) and say, ‘Nah, I’m fine thanks’ Angry diatribe from the thief as he rails because someone joined (as if it was my fault or I had any sort of control over the fact the guardian having come to help), tells me to delete and goes on about how bad I am (true, the build is not competitive, but is darn fun) and then proceeds to tell me how he trains with some thief who belongs to some competitive PvP tourney team. In all of this I’m trying to interrupt him, ‘Dude, you won, you’re better than me. Why are you mad?’

Have a hambow warrior bragging how no one kills him in 1 VS 1 (pre-patch). I remind him it is a team game. I see him fighting in the middle against someone of my team, join in, we kill him. He says nothing, does not rage. Next game all he does is follow me. I am, of course, unable to kill him because, hambow, and he just sits there, watching me downed, does not stomp, does not hit, just watches my HP trickle away until dead. Spends the entire match ignoring my team and only chasing me across the map until I have exhausted my bag of tricks, then downing me and watching my HP trickle away.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Most funny thing i heard in the mists:

Karl McLain: “We didn’t want to have just one situation that is always best, we want to have different choices you can have to think about making when using the new healing skills and have alot of plays on both sides”

Josh Davis: “Ready to jump over to your necro?”

while showcasing signet of vamipism

Karl McLain: With these heals we want to increase group support arcross the game ~ this skill is an example of how you can help your team and allies across the board and not just help yourself ~ it’s good in pve, wvw, bosses"

Josh Davis: “Hmmmmm are we euh..good on that one?”

I laughed so hard i cried..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

^If they swap servers, I might consider playing again just to see those live performances, because I am clearly missing out big time.

Legacy of Foefire

My team there was a ranger with a longbow that claimed he was Legolas and he would defend Helms Deep at all costs. He never stopped patroling on top of the wall during the entire match. Truth be told, they never brokee into “Helms Deep”, but they never needed to since it was basically 4v5

The ultimate trolls are always au naturele, kekek.

Playing Rifle/SD burst engineer with berserker amulet. Tremendous burst, fragile, agile, lots of CC. Loved it. Fight another engineer, down him in three seconds. ‘Reported you little cheater

Fight a lowbie guardian (rank 9) ‘Oh mon dieu! Hacker!’

Haha, Frenchies are the best.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

GW2 Esport…………

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

http://i.imgur.com/ykKjy.jpg

PS: thief’s spear #5 spear spam under water.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

http://i.imgur.com/ykKjy.jpg

PS: thief’s spear #5 spear spam under water.

Wait… you made someone say a racist thing about people of his own nationality?

You, sir, are my hero.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

As a thief i hear something like:

Mesmer: try to fight without stealth noob!!
Me: ok, stop using clones . . . lets see who win.

Warrior: BS is OP . . . i took 15k damage with 4000 armor.
Me: Yeah . . . eemmm . . . maybe was directly in the kitten .

Engi: Stealth stomp is for noobs.
Me: sorry is true, next time i will use my invincibility skill . . . yeah the one that turns me into a smurf.

Ranger: Thief requires no skill to play.
Me: . . . /block ranger

As a warrior . . . is a lot worst . . . too much hate this days xD.

(edited by SoLeciTO.3490)

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Funniest things you heard in PvP?

the ridicule of the meta by one who helped to make this

spirits look beautiful on that gif, tbh. they added color and beauty to the match.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

spirits look beautiful on that gif, tbh. they added color and beauty to the match.

Funniest thing i´ve heard

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Pym.2356

Magnus Pym.2356

“I’m good”
I once heard that.
It was funny.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Just remembered.

“You have to actively react to all the passive stuff that’s going on.”

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: SerratedOcean.7398

SerratedOcean.7398

Not the funniest thing but the most I recently had was a 1v1 in a Solo Queue. Ambushed this War with my Bow/Ham War. Spanked him through out the fight, downed him and stomped. Then he called me a CC Noob. I replied /m “said the dead warrior”.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

OE vs Java argument, that was the funniest kitten I’ve ever heard.

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

In the old days when soloQ was a dream and we all have been queued to the teamque,
i was going for the far point and there was a engi that it was impossible for me to kill and he was killed me easy, so i speaked to the team chat and got one of my teammates with me. We killed the engi and we caped the point.
After that we decided to keep the far point. The engi came and died , and then came again and died, and then died some more. When the game was over with our win, i received a whisper, this is more or less the conversation:

him -“If you do this again i will report you”
me-“ehh… what ?”
him-“i will report you if you do this again”
me-“ehh.. what do you mean to kill you ?”
him-“you have your buddies from my team go another point so you killed me”
me-“wha.. how.. how im supposed to know your teammates ?”
him-“don’t lie i know that you did it and if you do it again i will report you”
me-"ehm.. its not my fault that your teammates didn’t try to help you… you ping in the map or you speaked in the team chat? "
him-"I’M RANK 40 DUDE I CAN’T DIE!! "
me-“ehm.. im rank 40 too :/”

and that was the end of this little horror story! :P

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

OE vs Java argument, that was the funniest kitten I’ve ever heard.

Link?

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

“Necros are unbeatable on skyhammer, fear op”

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

“How’s it feel to play such cheese?”

-As I’m playing a Staff Bunker Ele.

in PvP

Posted by: SallyStitches.4096

SallyStitches.4096

Pretty much anything about being a Mesmer. When you kill someone yet you’re “bad” because your class is “OP”. When people are sore losers or sore winners, and instead of returning the “GG”, they go on to tell you how bad you are, and continue it to whispers after, etc. The joys of PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Nizio Nightblade.8109

Nizio Nightblade.8109

I was in skyhammer at point A and i was the red team. This Hammer rifle warrior comes to fight me and i’m thinking to myself well kitten i’m probably going to die since i have s/d sb thief(after dec 10th patch). So I played smart used my stun and immobilize to get his spin to win skill and i use it he stands and absorbs all the damage, I then kill him ( i did this multiple to him too. He was a gluten for punishment i guess.) and stomp him and, this is what he say’s. Thief’s are op. All they do is pop stealth harass combo dead. I told the warrior that thieves haven’t really ever got buffed only nerfed. He then say’s nerf hammer must not been strong enough. He then goes on a tangent about d/d d/p thieves how there op and how his wvw friends just 2 shot people with their thieves 24/7. I told the guy pretty much this i’m s/d i don’t hardly use stealth except for a daze and that you should learn to dodge your own spin to win attack.

Talon Nighthawk [Edge] (DB Server)

in PvP

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

A warrior committing suicide after teaming with 3 eles because he want to let the enemy win.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

A warrior committing suicide after teaming with 3 eles because he want to let the enemy win.

>Going to suicide
>All is vain

hue

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Funniest thing I’ve heard in pvp is when any of the A-net staff tries to talk about balance and how the game is moving in the right direction…it’s always a good laugh. Oh, and the other part is listening to a certain community mod (who used to be the host of a show) spew forth the political correctness he used to condemn.

in PvP

redslion.9675

A teammate complained because I brought an experimental build in Tournament.

Too bad the Tournament was TEAM Queue and every one of us joined solo.

Which it’s the first thing you shouldn’t do if you want to keep your rating up.

(in the end we won, the same guy helped a lot and my build was a success)

in PvP

clint.5681

Funniest thing I’ve heard in pvp is when any of the A-net staff tries to talk about balance and how the game is moving in the right direction…it’s always a good laugh. Oh, and the other part is listening to a certain community mod (who used to be the host of a show) spew forth the political correctness he used to condemn.

Bitter posts like this is what we don’t want ladies and gentlemen

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Everyone who comments something like “2 spam more noob” when I kill them as a D/D thief, especially in the fights where I don’t use heartseeker.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Bitter posts like this is what we don’t want ladies and gentlemen

There’s nothing bitter about it, I thought this post was supposed to be about the funniest thing you’ve heard…correct me if I’m wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitalij.7193

Vitalij.7193

First time happen to me,picture real,not a photoshop. Blue team won. I didn’t notice points on last seconds of match.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Silvershadz

this guy is funny – he plays soloQ all day and has like 1000 wins 1000 loses and he blame always his team^^

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

While testing things on sword/pistol thief, I just ran about getting in damage and kills with impunity until this happened.

Attachments:

in PvP

clint.5681

First time happen to me,picture real,not a photoshop. Blue team won. I didn’t notice points on last seconds of match.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

hambow warrior crying about black powder

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

Playing Team Arenas like LoL
p/p Thief pretending he’s Lucian

in PvP

redslion.9675

Playing Team Arenas like LoL
p/p Thief pretending he’s Lucian

I’ve done it with my GS warrior, spamming “HUEHEUHEUHE” in map chat with “Mordekaiser es numero uno”XD

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Probably not #1, but certainly memorable for how fun the guy was to play with:

A bunker guardian holding mid at Khylo (doing a good job), typing in map chat:

“You can do it ele!! Keep kicking a** and taking names!!” while we were murdering the other team on far, along with other phrases actively cheering our team on while he was surveying the map and patrolling his post.

Being positive with your team-mates is both helpful and fun for everyone!

in PvP

Posted by: Windfury.3598

Windfury.3598

Tourney match. I was on the winning team, the engi and me got top scores. One guy from the opposite team says at the end of the match : “wp engi you’re the only one who did anything in this match.” The engi replies : “yes.” I was.. wtf?! O.o
Haha…good times!

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Warrior in my team after recognizing we had 2 Mesmers in the team:

“Somebody changes to a meta build, or I leave”

…we still won with 2 Mesmers…

in PvP

redslion.9675

Tourney match. I was on the winning team, the engi and me got top scores. One guy from the opposite team says at the end of the match : “wp engi you’re the only one who did anything in this match.” The engi replies : “yes.” I was.. wtf?! O.o
Haha…good times!

It happens: sometimes I see one guy from the enemy team once in the entire match, and I’m all like: “where have you been the whole time?”XD

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

That Prince Vingador is like the most annoying player on Guild Wars 2. People from EU feel the pain. People from NA, thank god for not having to deal with him.

in PvP

redslion.9675

Warrior in my team after recognizing we had 2 Mesmers in the team:

“Somebody changes to a meta build, or I leave”

…we still won with 2 Mesmers…

He is not a warrior.

He is a filthy hambow reroller. XD

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

1. We’re gonna be Esports.

2. This is gonna be a big balance patch.

Mostly funny in retrospect but still humorous.

in PvP

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

I remember way back in the days (before PW got buffed and before the stealth and mug nerf). I played a pistol whip thief, which was quite uncommon at the time because of the other choices thieves had. I encountered a downright awful D/P thief who just spammed stealth to disengage whenever he felt like he was losing (which was almost every fight).

I completely tore this guy apart, not because I out played him, but because he was just standing there – eating my entire pistol whip several times. As it was back then he should have eaten me alive unless I could time my interrupts to deny him stealth. He them started whispering me and calling me a hacker and a noob running a cheesy build. I mean, really?

Melder – Thief