GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Even in diamond division there are rarely less than 4 out of 10 people playing dragon hunter trap spammer. So obviously there is something very out of whack with this trap spam dhs.

Ideas for fixing:
- Give traps 5 seconds arm time so you need to lure people into them and cannot just teleport on people and spam all traps.
- Traps should only trigger on moving targets

Currently this terrible meta makes me forced to play druid to have my pet trigger as many traps as possible for me. To be honest you should just delete traps from the game entirely, they have no place in skillbased games, especially with such a low cooldown and almost no cast times. I am not even biased because I have over 8k hours on my guardian and I think the dragon hunter concept ruined the class.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I thought it was Spam Wars 2, or Condi Wars 2, or Ele Wars 2 etc etc. You guys gotta make up your minds on what this game is called.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

I thought it was Spam Wars 2, or Condi Wars 2, or Ele Wars 2 etc etc. You guys gotta make up your minds on what this game is called.

Trap spam sounds like part of Spam Wars 2 to me

Ele Wars and condi wars was previous seasons

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Well we can’t change the name every season, that’s just silly. About as silly as people opening new threads to complain about the same thing every day as if they have something new to say that hasn’t already been argued to death in another thread.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

To be honest this new meta is the worst one since HoT got released, so it deserves a new name.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Make Guardian/dh , learn their weaknesses, beat them easily, and stop complaining. Do something.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

As soon as the DH teleports to you, you can try something called dodge. It a very useful move and I think every class has it.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Make Guardian/dh , learn their weaknesses, beat them easily, and stop complaining. Do something.

did you read my post? I have over 8000 hours on my guardian.
the whole concept of dragon hunter ruined the class

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

dragon hunter traps are fine as it is.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

how can something be fine if 40% of the players in diamond division play it.
if it were balanced it would be 1 out of 9

all I can say I am tired of this low skill high reward crap

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

how can something be fine if 40% of the players in diamond division play it.
if it were balanced it would be 1 out of 9

all I can say I am tired of this low skill high reward crap

That is not true.

X out of 9 will depend on what people want to play… and people enjoy playing Guardian more post patch because it is actually a useful profession again. Arena Net recognized how horrible Guardian was compared to every other profession

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

People enjoy playing it because it is a low skill high reward build. Anyone can copy the build from meta battle and immediatly fight like ruby/diamond div player.
Try to reach the same results with classes like mesmer or rev. You will need many hours of practice to achieve similar results.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

mrauls.6519

I needed many hours of practice to play Guardian the way I do today… The only thing people are realizing is that they need to practice more on their own professions to do better against enemy Guardians.

None of these people were saying anything about Guardian when it was down in the dirt, but now that Guardian can fight on an even playing field with its own advantages they want to complain

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Guardians are cheese, if they JI to you theyre going to spam all their traps on you so get off the point, then after all their traps are gone theyre gonna spam blocks and pushes, save your dodges for those, then once you see they have no stab, blocks or meditations you lay everything on them and win. The key is not to waste your cooldowns on them all at once.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

last season everyone said dh sucks and traps were only for stomping noobs.
this season, after traps received no buff what so ever, they are now the biggest problem in the game. “guard wars 2” " worst meta ever" " guard ruined my game"
guard really only got three new things and a bunch of QOL/cooldown changes.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

last season everyone said dh sucks and traps were only for stomping noobs.
this season, after traps received no buff what so ever, they are now the biggest problem in the game. “guard wars 2” " worst meta ever" " guard ruined my game"
guard really only got three new things and a bunch of QOL/cooldown changes.

they were not bad last seasons, but not meta
Anet nerfing sustain across the board is what pushing them into meta. Remember that everyone is more squishy now than in previous seasons, so the traps became a lot more effective

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Guardians traps and a few bow skills should be nerfed slightly but the real problem is just how easy the class is to play, I would say something like 10% on damage or 20% cooldown increase. I do play guard sometimes just because of how easy it is to win a fight with the class.

The real problem of the pvp gameplay however is condition damage.
Even with maximum condi cleanse I still get melted as I try to have a skilled fight. Without using a pure anti-condi build it’s just completely impossible to play elementalist and stay alive. Also getting interrupted while having 8 stacks of stability just makes no sense. Not sure if its a bug or some unblockable engi cc. It’s just broken.

Condi application is unfairly scaled in contrast to condi removal.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Even in diamond division there are rarely less than 4 out of 10 people playing dragon hunter trap spammer. So obviously there is something very out of whack with this trap spam dhs.

Ideas for fixing:
- Give traps 5 seconds arm time so you need to lure people into them and cannot just teleport on people and spam all traps.

Currently this terrible meta makes me forced to play druid to have my pet trigger as many traps as possible for me. To be honest you should just delete traps from the game entirely, they have no place in skillbased games, especially with such a low cooldown and almost no cast times. I am not even biased because I have over 8k hours on my guardian and I think the dragon hunter concept ruined the class.

the problem is class stacking

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

mrauls.6519

It’s not that Guardian is easy to play… It’s that players easily fall for Guardian’s traps… Get it

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i honestly could care less if guardian is easy to play. thief is also easy to play once you realize your job isnt killing people head on. i just dont like have invisible traps left on nodes or multiple guardians all camping points that no one can push them off of in reasonable time.

im bad at sarcasm

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Ideas for fixing:

the problem is class stacking

I suggested making seasons soloQ and no class stacking in another thread, but simply fixing traps to not be instant damage and cc anymore would be easier to implement

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Astray.5802

Astray.5802

Fresh player getting on DH with metabuild, running around point, facerolling, not dying and even get downs. WTF?

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I have better title : Forum Wars 2 S4: Return Of The Noob Trapper

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Having 2 guards a team is hardly a problem. Anymore than that and you are handy capping your self as guards are slow. I love playing teams with 4 guards on them, just rotate and win. People.losing to teams with 3 or more guards on them need to l2p.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wait… to the OP, how many Traps do Druids/Rangers have???? For DH, I’m actually having fun with a tankier version of DH. Double Melee with blocking is fun to run. Though damage output isn’t that much at all.

If anything needs nerfing, it’s Warriors damage right now. Far too many attacks that hit in the 5-7k range. Then Condi Shatter Mesmer needs nerfing. Remember balance isn’t sPvP only, nor is it conquest only.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Malediktus.3740

Druids/Rangers do not use any traps in the meta builds, but their pets are good to trigger dragon hunter pets to avoid dmg

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

If guardian/dh is so op, what is druid called then? A God maybe?:)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

That makes scrappers, mesmers, necros God’s too!

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I prefer playing against teams with 3 druids instead of 3 dhs, at least druids will never be able to one shot you or make rezzing/stomping impossible

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Ironically I have a strange feeling that my non-meta guardian build got somehow weaker or people just counter it better due to a crap ton of casual guardians to train on.
Last season I had an upper hand against necros and mesmers, now I have to really struggle to stand my ground, but up until now I ended up dying in 2v1 situations so I don’t think that it counts that much.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

It’s kinda ironic, that on a light class like the elementalist you have to be quasi a virtuoso just to manage to land a Firegrab on a burning opponent that will do, if you’re lucky, 4k damage…. And that on a heavy class with more blocks, aegis you can just faceroll traps with no cast time that will 1-shot people down for 15k+.

Even the traps have a bigger area of effect and range than Firegrab. That must be what skill balance is all about for a good balance team: Ignoring the difficulty required for some classes to land their skills or how super easy it is others classes and just changing numbers randomly.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Not gonna pretend I know anything about “the best balance” since I just came back from a hiatus, but nothing really changed here it seems. Something is the flavor of the month(when I left it was D/D eles that were unkillable) and for whatever reason played in pretty much every game by 2-5 people. That reason could be they’re actually OP, or it could be that people are overhyping it so everyone looking to get an edge bandwagons, but I digress. Then all the hate comes out on the forums. And in every single thread, no matter what class it’s about, some people agree and some say that literally any nerf would completely destroy the class, ruin all build diversity, and that every issue is a L2P one. Unless of course the class in question is a thief, then it’s just everyone ignoring constant nerfs and asking for more.

Oh well. Guess we can just weather the storm and wait for the next flavor of the month to emerge.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

Op has this all wrong, guardians are not the problem it’s the player base that has you annoyed. Guardians are just the flavor of the month so most people are playing them, as said before when it was ele’s we saw lots of them. Don’t even get me started about all the necromancers in season’s past. Look if the guardian get’s nerfed you think these players will stick around with a guardian? Nah, they will just float to the next flavor of the month.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

The Guardian profession is balanced.

No other profession can do as little as 1,000,000 damage using Paladin’s Amulet.

Attachments:

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

No other profession can do as little as 1,000,000 damage using Paladin’s Amulet.

How many players did not avoid traps, even when taking damage inside traps they were expecting to spam keys and still get the DH down? :P

Gw2 pvp problem, people are missing that DH trapper is good against squishy key spammers, wich is almost every build and players, they relly to much on damage output and dont care to outplay DH only to spamm skills face to face, well happens that is actually where DH is good at….

it is mostly l2p issues, not that players have much stats to choose from, but some sturdy builds with removed stats would dance inside traps……

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I think its more to do with how conquest works. Player needs to make sacrifice on whether fight on trap or lose the point, and DH has no problem with that at all. I can pretty much count with my fingers how many times guardian goes from 15% to 90% because someone has to step on that heal trap.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

How many players did not avoid traps, even when taking damage inside traps they were expecting to spam keys and still get the DH down? :P

Did you mean symbols? Because that’s where the majority of my damage came from, not from Test of Faith.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Did you mean symbols? Because that’s where the majority of my damage came from, not from Test of Faith.

I ment both (traps and symbols )sorry.
I noticed some DH’s are staking symbols on top of traps wich is hilarious when some team mate gets lured like that…

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Xillllix.3485

Just waiting for an appropriate response from Anet at this point, they need to do something about their balance team. It’s making the game really toxic to have such unfair class and skill balance.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

Xillllix.3485, i guess that GW2 is ment to be that way, a game where u need to follow what Anet makes easy to play (try to find the easiest way to burst targets), a game were even bad(unskilled) players can look good (to an extend ofccourse).

That is why ranks and divisions are like something that players gather to “farm” good/decent sports/pvp games work totally different.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I had quite a good match in duo with my friend. We joined forces with the other 3 guys from the match through that new joining functionality… that was a very bad idea. We got teamed up against 3 trap spamming LB DHs. Look at the result on the picture.

Attachments:

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

To be honest this new meta is the worst one since HoT got released, so it deserves a new name.

Somehow every new meta ends up being “the worst meta.”

I don’t believe it, but that’s what everyone tells me.

NSPride <3

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Every guardian:

“Just learn how to beat them. Stop being a casual and get gud.”
“Guards are easy to beat.”
“Just because they’re played alot doesn’t make them broken; its just what people want to play.”

Yet every single one of these guards, in their own forum post history, have called out other classes for being too strong or have said Guards have been too weak.

1. Other classes too strong? Maybe you’re a filthy casual and need to learn their counters.
2. Guards were weak? Why couldn’t you learn how to use them properly instead of needing anet to come in and buff them into top tier status?

Its the same thing over and over. If its their class then there are always excuses.

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Arena Net even said Guardian was in a bad spot, which is the reason for it being upgraded a little bit ~.~

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Arena Net even said Guardian was in a bad spot, which is the reason for it being upgraded a little bit ~.~

Well.. anet is never wrong about balance. We all know that.

Its okay to say they’re too weak but we can’t say they’re too strong huh?
Just look at anets track history: They’ve overbuffed classes multiple times and have had to tone them down (usually overnerfing) in later patches.

But again, since its YOUR class than its all fine and dandy.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Were you trying to help balance Guardian when it was in the pits? ~.~

What do you find unbalanced about the current DH? The fact it can sustain itself? Finally kite…? Guardian still has its downsides. If enemies know not to step into a trap, it can really mess with a Guardian. I understand not every time a trap is placed it’ll be avoidable, but that just means they used a trap effectively. I do wish the trap play style could be replaced with something else, but that’s all AN has given us.

I just hope AN lets this blow over. In my eyes, right now Guardian is viable. Definitely not OP… If you really want to convince me Guardian is OP… Upload a video of yourself against a formidable DH or two… All of these screenshots people are posting don’t mean anything without any context backing them up

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

If your dying to a full trap guardian you need to uninstall.

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

What do you find unbalanced about the current DH? The fact it can sustain itself? Finally kite…? Guardian still has its downsides. If enemies know not to step into a trap, it can really mess with a Guardian. I understand not every time a trap is placed it’ll be avoidable, but that just means they used a trap effectively. I do wish the trap play style could be replaced with something else, but that’s all AN has given us.

I just hope AN lets this blow over. In my eyes, right now Guardian is viable. Definitely not OP… If you really want to convince me Guardian is OP… Upload a video of yourself against a formidable DH or two… All of these screenshots people are posting don’t mean anything without any context backing them up

had a friend who mains a guardian decide he was gonna pick up his guardian again this season. switched to dh meta build and wrecked every game we went into. stomped enemy teams into the ground unless the entire team focused him. you see people queing up as dh so much there is 3 4 or even 5 in a game at a time. a “viable” class doesnt do this. a op class does. im not saying my friend is bad. im simply stating the class is so easy to play and do well that you dont even need skill to play it.i get it. gaurdian sucked in pvp for the longest time and your afraid of going back to that.but changes are needed.

im bad at sarcasm

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

had a friend who mains a guardian decide he was gonna pick up his guardian again this season. switched to dh meta build and wrecked every game we went into. stomped enemy teams into the ground unless the entire team focused him. you see people queing up as dh so much there is 3 4 or even 5 in a game at a time. a “viable” class doesnt do this. a op class does. im not saying my friend is bad. im simply stating the class is so easy to play and do well that you dont even need skill to play it.i get it. gaurdian sucked in pvp for the longest time and your afraid of going back to that.but changes are needed.

In my opinion, the reason one sees 3-5 DH in matches is because “guardian sucked in pvp for the longest time.” Now that it is finally viable, lots of people are wanting to play it. It is, after all, a popular archetype.

NSPride <3

GW2 = Guardian Wars 2

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Quantity does not quality<3

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie