GW2016....still condi cheese bunker meta...

in PvP

Posted by: Tyyphoon.5301

Tyyphoon.5301

You would think after 3 years, Arena Net would comprehend dmg focused condition dmg does not work in their game, since they have no clue on how to balance it out.

It’s pathetic to even try to put GW2 in a “esport” competitive light with the current mechanics in place.

But it looks like Arena Net rather listen to their Twitch.TV shrills who are absolute terrible when it comes to game mehanics.

Developers hanging out in their Arena Net sponsored twitch streams working on marketing rather listening to the majority who pay and play.

Most of Arena Net’s sponsored streamers don’t even play Guild wars 2, the regulars only seem to play a tiny aspect, such as someone who I wont name, who only roams and is very Bias and negative towards any other aspect of guild wars 2.

Other sponsored streamers out right bash guild wars 2.

Are these the people they get information from?? I hope not.

+1000. Pretty much on point.

Tyyphóón (Lv 80 Thief) | Mini Tyy (Lv 80 Ele) [Maguuma]
Mag is the No.1 killer of WvW. -Exciton.8942
What does not kill me, makes me stronger. -Nietzsche

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Nerf sustain and, power reduction, and condition removal. Then decrease the power creep. Otherwis, the game is balance right now for the Good players.

Altough would be fun to see how some players would play without a overboosted classes, being the win more in player atributes than the classes or builds that are fighthing.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Condis seem fairly easier to manage as a support Melee Druid at least, something with good sustain and with high vitality, also by using your cleanses and heals at the right moment.

If you mess up your skill rotations the conditions will overwhelm you, it’s pretty easy to apply so many stacks of conditions right now, burn stacks melt hp fast.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

the condition mimimi is real
Conditions arent affected by toughness but by vitality
You can fully negate them with resistance boon or condi cleanse
Or just dodge/block/whatever just like with power attacks
There is no Condition spam, there is a general spam. Power is spammed on the same level, or even harder
Last season 2 out of 9 classes were using a condition build, but overpowered yet nerfed necro let it feel like a condition meta because of his aoe
Many players are kittened off of conditions, because they dont want to convert their build and use condi cleanse
Its a general problem, that many players want a power meta and use power builds without condi cleanse and then later cry everywhere, because they get rekt by condi builds..just accept that conditions are part of the game and not op, like you try to call them
Also the current protection boon spam by Auramancer ele is affecting power builds alot, things like this are the real problem..

Not much to add ….

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

GW2 PvP……condi spam still rule the world from PvP to WvW passing through PvE….
Pointless to ask for nerfs or changes at this point..it will never happen I guess, it was fun for a couple of days to try power builds…now back to condi cleanse bots

I have the feeling that half of the actually played condition builds (reaper and chrono), got nerfed enough so it won’t be played like crazy anymore. Chrono is still too strong, but reaper really isn’t that amazing anymore and might be in the middle of the classes now.

Also, some new power builds came out of the new patch, like demo war and thief that might actually be quite decent.

But yes, you will have to either have some condi-cleanse yourself (at least if you wanna go for sidenodes and 1v1, cuz you will encounter a chronomesmer), or have an ele in your teamfights to take care of some of the condis.

I absolutely see no problem with that.

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would be all on board if condition dmg was a dmg over time play style and had equal counter play that power based builds have. As of now, condi application is insane, even if you build your character around condi cleanse, it just does not matter these days.

Condi play is very passive play style, I don’t think it has any place in our current “competitive” environment util Arena Net learns to balance by tweaking numbers.

Arena Net in my book needs to stop with the marketing BS and get on board on what makes games actually competitive. I’m not against MMOs having their place in a competitive environment.

But coming from a competitive foreign Brood war starcraft background and watching Esports evolve for today……..marketing will only get you so far. Your company needs to put the infrastructure in place to secure your game and give incentive to new blood to try and compete.

Giving your 1 NA team and 1 EU team a paycheck is not going to grow your game.

Good post.

Gw2 has the potential to be one of the top fantasy combat mmo games, but they don’t devote the proper attention to professions and combat mechanics. Also, they are not making serious separations between pve and pvp modes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)