GW2PVPTV Introduces: State of the Mist

in PvP

Posted by: Toad.6528

Toad.6528

Hey everyone.
Just a quick question here… why are (almost) all of the players you want to have in the show still active professionals? Toad mentioned that there will be three representatives from every region (EU and NA) so why not one active professional, one inactive professional (somebody that quit a while ago but still watches the game’s progress and would want to come back) and one active casual player? Wouldn’t that encourage much more interesting dicussions?
Have fun,

Addi

That is something we actually just discussed, also someone mentioned above that this will be a 2/3 month thing and we will forget about it.
As of now, this is a one time thing. This will not be a show for views.
One of the trends I see in the post is about negativity, again I will say we will not be bashing arena net or gw2. We love the company, its filled with great people and the game as a whole is awesome. This will be our way of expressing the feelings we have about pvp and explaining why. Alot of times on stream we say things but we can’t explain because chat gets side tracked and such.

So again, this wont be a witch hunt of arena net.

I love that you guys are letting us know how you feel about this and jumping on board with us. The more you support it the more the devs will want to watch it.

I believe the next “big” pvp patch is a few days before the 21st? So I guess we will be able to discuss that as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Relations between Anet and the PvP community is on the rocks, on that we can all agree. I have a good feeling that the discussion will avoid the pitfalls of a “kitten fest” and actually produce something constructive.

Having said that, @Toad, is there going to be a group of talking points that you will have prepared? Or will it be an off the cuff round table?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Cruuk.

Enough said.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I have to say I’m a tad disappointed that this isn’t going to be a monthly event; even if this one-shot is really needed right now, a high publicity discussion like this that the devs would definitely watch would definitely benefit the game and balance every month. A good example is warrior’s building momentum trait not working with flurry; that got immediately fixed after being mentioned in the sotg despite having been broken since beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Toad.6528

Toad.6528

@Jzaku we will see what happens after we do this one, if the viewership is good we will maybe do another
@Hammer I have a few talking points prepped but most of it will be raw.

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

I would like to hear about the Warrior’s balance from an ESTABLISHED Warrior. One that has been in the pro scene since Warriors were considered terrible. Not more QQ from people who main other classes and, only recently had to deal with Warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Saturday, September 21st.
Time: TBD

Guild Wars 2 PvP TV will be holding a round table discussion with different players from the PvP community.

I am here to ask you guys (the community) what/WHO you would like on the show.

CmC should be on the show.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Killchain here, just reminder if you do consider putting in someone that is more casual but participates in all modes for their opinions on spvp etc…that would be good.

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

I’d be interested in talking if you want a player that recently quit ^-^

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

There is only one thing more useless than a show about gw2 spvp with devs, a show about gw2 spvp without devs (meaning for the game, of course, i will probably watch it, blowing some steam it’s never bad, so it’s not useless).

Although i like the idea more than the state of the game, in the end, since they have devs they can’t say what they want because then maybe the devs get angry and don’t come back, atleast this show will acomplish some laughs and some steam blow. The other one, it’s just boring, and anyways, almost nothing they talk about in that show is accomplished.

in PvP

Posted by: RustyEyeballs.8927

RustyEyeballs.8927

This was supposed to happen today.

in PvP

Posted by: Cosine.7841

Cosine.7841

This was supposed to happen today.

They could’ve meant Saturday, September 21, 2019. Need more patience.

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Where was this.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: hrkljus.1243

hrkljus.1243

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen the (official) channel admins care much about the channel. There are only a couple of dedicated streamers keeping it alive at this point, which makes me very sad.

Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Did you seriously not post a link to the website?

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in PvP

Baldric.6781

GW2PVPTV is still alive ? o_O

in PvP

Posted by: Tron.7639

Tron.7639

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

GW2PVPTV is still alive ? o_O

the last 5 times i checked the twitch channel (over the last 2 weeeks) it was 4 times offline.

maybe the changed the schedule and no longer do a 24/7 stream?

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I think it has been left up to the players to keep it alive, and there hasn’t been enough interest to.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

When even the ones who should stream sPvP, stream WvW, we know there’s a problem.

in PvP

Baldric.6781

Yep, watched it for about 20 minutes, out of curiosity. It was a guy playing WvW while waiting for the queue (10 minutes or so), then a tourny round (pretty fast one, 12 or 13 minutes maybe) and back to queue wvw.