Game Mode: Multi Team

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

How it works:

• Conquest game mode with three teams of four players.
  • Each team has a home point along with a middle point to fight over.

Why it works:

• Uses the concept of 3 way fights of WvW.
  • Promotes rotations and new strategies.
  • Same amount of players as a traditional conquest match.

With one extra point and another team the tactics of the game change. Do you send 3 to mid and keep 1 at home? Split up 2/2 while holding home and push far while letting the other teams fight at mid? Maybe send one out to decap while the other team is all in at mid?

Well, the main question I have is would you find this game mode fun? Conquest is kept to provide the structure and with smaller teams/more points zerg tactics are discouraged if you want to win.

Thoughts?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

This is a really good idea, I would add in 2 win objectives.

Objective 1: Hold center point for x amount of time. Requires holding one side point to cap once capped no longer required.
Objective 2: Reach 500 points from holding side points + kills.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Posted by: evilsun.8596

evilsun.8596

Nice one! there will be many new opportunities! New achievements, prizes for first, second and third place,new tactics etc. Rly good idea ++++

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

reminds me of heroes ascent final battle thingy. i like the idea, but i can see a lot of troubles headed our way if this becomes a game mode xD

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

reminds me of heroes ascent final battle thingy. i like the idea, but i can see a lot of troubles headed our way if this becomes a game mode xD

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep exactly what I thought too.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Hall_of_Heroes_

Unfortunately, creating new maps and gamemodes is not on their priority list, so it is best to suggest things that can apply to the current maps and pretty much conquest.

What about something similar to various CS/FPS mods, where all players in the map start out “neutral” and can move around and position themselves until a timer ends, when the timer ends, the server randomly chooses players and separates them into various teams (usually divided by current active players, so 2-5 teams probably) and the match begins and allows point capture. The main issue with that is figuring out how to respawn players without abuse.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Thanks for the comments guys.

Unfortunately, creating new maps and gamemodes is not on their priority list, so it is best to suggest things that can apply to the current maps and pretty much conquest.

That’s why I thought this was a good game mode to add on. It’s conquest based, so the game mode itself isn’t changing. A new mode like capture the flag or assault would require new balancing of classes and heavy consideration on map layout.

From a design point of view, I don’t think it would be difficult to make a map for multi team. Looking at my rough paint sketch, you can see an effective and balanced layout.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I like that idea, but maybe the concept of the middle point should be changed, cuz with 3 teams of 4 that point will probably be contested all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

They wont do it because its not carebear friendly, there is room for griefing/ganking and that is a no go for anet; even though adding HoH would be the correct move to make (including chest at end for win containing genuinely valuable items).

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

5v5v5 would be too much of a zerg fest imo

3v3v3 would be good

in PvP

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

(including chest at end for win containing genuinely valuable items).

Haaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

not in GW2 bro!

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

5v5v5 would be too much of a zerg fest imo

3v3v3 would be good

This^^ /15 chars.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I think if you add, the mid point caps for the team with the most players, you might be onto something. But if the point doesn’t cap if contested like it does now, that middle point will never cap.

Sort of adds some flavor too – do you rush mid or guard your home point? Also, is that mid point worth more?

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

I like the idea, but we need an ingame implementation to see how good it works/what the problems are.
I would like a fast implementation of this, which is by far not perfect, just to give us the chance to test it. (Like agile software developement) Then players can provide feedback and share thougths with developers.
This could lead to a compleate new way of the ingame content developement! Players testing themself and providing feedback in the earlyest stage of developement, instead of developers making something hidden.
There was a video once about creating a map, it was a really fast process, just the testing consumes incredible amount of time. Maybe safe this time, so that the community can see progress. And include the players in the process of developement.

In any case there should be a connection between the home points, so that teams are forced to split rather than to zerg on mid.

Maybe the homepoint could provide something like a flag, which is needed to cap the mid, or caps the mid (like the flagstand in the good old gw1 gvg <3).

I predict every team will have a mesmer with portal
1 home 3 mid/another home, mesmer opens portal to addapt to any sittuation.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Sounds like fun but expect a lot of Q.Q if it ever comes into fruition. I hope we get something. Deathmatch as much as ANET might not want it should be created. Even if its just going to result in zerg fights in middle of map deathmatch is a core mode in any PvP game.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Bedrax.3294

Bedrax.3294

it’s just kitten cause this kind of game will never be balanced.
2v1 trolol this concept as been use on many game and all of those games have just sunk, that’s all.

The Patoune Finger/ Is Wet,
Bunker guard/ Cele ele Made In Kit [IKEA]
Best rank teamQ: 67