Game-Update-Notes-January-26-2016 [Discuss]

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Patch is finally out

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Is-that-it-1

A tons of changes ( unespected to me ).
I still have to read the whole changes, but seems a very very big one ( not only about spvp but about everything ).

Let’s talk about SPVP changes.

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Patch is finally out

I still have to read the whole changes, but seems a very very big one ( not only about spvp but about everything ).

Hail our necro overlords!!!! And their only counter thieves.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Patch is finally out

Hail our necro overlords!!!! And their only counter thieves.

And lets face it, it’s a pretty darn ridiculous counter after those massive dps buffs

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Want to try acrobatic tree over deadly art ( really not sure but still better than preview ).

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Thief is hardly a counter since still a wet paperbag for sustain/defense and no reliable Condi Cleanse.

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

We should see with the new acrobatic traits over Deadly arts.

Fleet Shadow: This trait has been renamed to Instant Reflexes. This trait no longer grants bonus movement speed while in stealth and will instead grant the thief evasion for 2 seconds when struck while under 50% health, with an internal cooldown of 40 seconds.

Feline Grace: This trait’s vigor duration has been increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.

Pain Response: This trait now also removes torment in addition to its current removals.

Guarded Initiation: This trait now removes confusion in addition to its current removals. The health threshold has been reduced from 90% to 75%.

Assassin’s Reward: This trait’s base healing per level has been increased by about 50% and its healing power contribution has been increased by 70%.

Upper Hand: This trait now grants regeneration for 6 seconds when the initiative regain occurs.

And with endless stamina trait, vigor will give 50% extra endurance.
So could mean more dodges ( avoid ) and if successfully avoid 1 remove condition + heal, due to DD trait.

I have more issues against Marauder user as staff thief tbh.
Against a necro could be hard, but i can still play and win.

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Dat hate on Ele, all classes got buffs, only ele and mesmer got nerfed, yet mesmers got compensated a little, eles tho…. got even lightning rod nerfed!!! OP? … -_- … ew Diamond skin is useless… the one previewed was good, but the new….. T_T I don’t usually QQ but… it will be hard to figure out what do we have left since boons usage are being punished… my only ray of hope is that with new matchmaking fix we will be facing only one necro per battle …T_T

On the good side for ele… power builds being buffed will make stoneheart quite useful, even over new crappy DS … my guess is that bunker role will be for Engineer and maybe ele…. unless a necro comes close, in which case… ruuuun, casue I see no way to even fight them as an ele.

In general, looks like this meta will be about evading and combat skills mostly.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

(edited by kuritsutian.2987)

in PvP

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

Dat hate on Ele, all classes got buffs, only ele and mesmer got nerfed, yet mesmers got compensated a little, eles tho…. got even lightning rod nerfed!!!

I’m not gonna deny that Mesmers and Eles both got the ugly side of the stick on this one, but Mesmers didn’t really get any compensation. The scepter “buffs” are laughable-at-best. A small buff to a trait no one uses, and the smallest possible QoL change to 1/3rd of a broken AA chain that should have been implemented years ago.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Elementalist, Mesmer, and Revenants all needed to be nerfed they were the only classes being run at high levels of play with a few exceptions.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Elementalist, Mesmer, and Revenants all needed to be nerfed they were the only classes being run at high levels of play with a few exceptions.

Scrapper, druid, reaper are fine tho right?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Scrapper, druid, reaper are fine tho right?

I think that because thief, guardian, and warrior weren’t meta that they had to be nerfed since two of the three had been pushed out after being in for so long.
Mesmer didn’t need nerf, Chrono Bunker did. But as it stands it’s hard to see what place, if any, Mesmer will have in competitive play. Will people like Helseth still play his? Probably, but he and his team aren’t like all the other people wanting to play either. Appropriate needs to Chrono bunker and buffs to the core would give rise to more build variety.
However, that could be said of all classes and we go back to anet ’a horrid balancing

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Agree.

They should pair thieves and mesmers as zerk endgame ( but atm, is like the meta before hot. Lets hope in some buff before s2 starts ).

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

umm for what reason will you bring mesmer other than portal now? And before you tell me about that high burst crap go try if that works in unranked and see if other class does better. Heck even necro has better boon removal than mesmer now lol.