Game is dying, so what are you doing to fix the only content you have?

in PvP

Posted by: Mange.8324

Mange.8324

Amount of players has doubled since preorders but game is dieing? I don’t even want to waste my time reading your post, you need to delete this.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

The only thing i am getting from this thread is that kittens are involved with wow and gw2

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Xilo.9567

Xilo.9567

I agree with very few of your points. One that I do like is the needed rankings. Game is dying ? Seriously bro? I think your rage mood made you spit that one out.

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

It’s funny how people get into Guild Wars 2 looking for something new, but then they start crying about why things in Guild Wars 2 aren’t the same as every other MMO. And how pathetic are people who got into PvP at very early levels and expect themselves to be decent at it, and when they suck at it, they come here to complain this game sucks. I’m sorry but if you stop playing the game with traditional MMO mindset and bother to actually learn the game, you won’t find yourself so frustrated.

5 times glad
2100 rating in LoL
High masters Starcraft 2.
That’s my merrit list, what’s yours?

Yeah right, cause every single one of these games is totally identical to each other and to Guild Wars 2. Seriously, your argument is pathetic. Your shoving “this game is dying” into your op just to make yourself seem more valid already shows that your nothing but a troll.

Go onto other forums, where people that have experience playing competitive arena in WoW (Looking at this forum, I can smell the 1200 rating scrubbers from miles away, aka, most people are kitten clueless.). They are all kitten on GW2, and it’s poorly designed sPvP, which ironically is their only content in the game. Anet forgot to ask some people actually have a clue about PvP about how to design their game, and it shows. The pvp is made ‘fun’ (oh wee, look at mekitten, not competitively.

Yeah right, go ask the opinions of some WoW fanboys. I’m sure they are totally unbiased against Guild Wars 2. And you think just because a bunch of WoW fanatics agree with you that your right? And PvP is the only content in this game? Seriously, just GTFO, your argument is literally nothing but weak. Guild Wars 2 will never become another WoW, so you might as well just uninstall and stop wasting ur own time

GW1 had what, 340 copies ever sold? WoW has close to 70 million accounts over the last 8 years. So why the kitten wouldn’t you want GW2 to be the ‘new WoW’? Clearly, Blizzard has done something right with WoW, seeing how NO game has managed to kill it off yet.
GW2 was hyped, then hyped, and ultimately hyped some more — Guess what? It’s just another dying MMO, where they will have to drop WvW cus there aren’t enough people palying the game in 4 months to support the gameplay.
Face fact; The game is lackluster. Has no real PvE (Lol, horrible instances), has bad combat system with too few spells, GLOBAL ECONOMY (?), Duke Nuke’em style PvP, bad itemization, boring classes and a counter-inuitive hub system.
kitten is dying. Believe me. Join the ranks of Tera, SWOTOR and whatever else crap MMO that has been released the last years.

Because WoW is dying rapidly? According to the latest quarterly report, its subscription number is 9 million, down at least ONE million from the last quarter. And a large majority of WoW’s subscriptions is from China; that’s why the latest DLC is panda crap which is Blizzard desperately trying to retain their main player-base. Guild Wars 2 isn’t even released in Asia, yet. Also, when I say a game is dying, I got data to back me up, unlike you.

WoW is almost a 9 year old game. It’s subs are dropping from 14, to 9 million. 9 MILLION STILL.

And no game has yet surpassed WoW in almost any aspect. To be clear, I haven’t played WoW for 2 years now, because I got bored of it. And yes it has many flaws as it is, the game has actually worsen over time with what Blizzard has been doing.

But even still – it’s THE best MMORPG around. I hope GW2 comes at least close, and soon, because I do want a new good game to play.

So far – it hasn’t come even close.

in PvP

Posted by: Monuru.6941

Monuru.6941

I would reply but this guy said it better than I ever could:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/104j7o/you_are_all_destroying_the_mmo_genre_and_you_dont/
I encourage OP to read this and think about it, realy think about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

troll appears to be successful

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Carlin

Go onto other forums, where people that have experience playing competitive arena in WoW (Looking at this forum, I can smell the 1200 rating scrubbers from miles away, aka, most people are kitten clueless.). They are all kitten on GW2, and it’s poorly designed sPvP, which ironically is their only content in the game. Anet forgot to ask some people actually have a clue about PvP about how to design their game, and it shows. The pvp is made ‘fun’ (oh wee, look at me and all the fancy animations. I can’t see kitten on my screen, but at least it’s beautiful and it has big numbers. ), not competitively.

If someone needs a ranking to be worthy to be heard by you:
My team is made of multiple glad’s. We all enjoy the game and think, that PvP is more skillbased than in other MMO’s. I think the balance is… not perfect, but still enjoyable. The only problem of GW2 atm is: we need scrim-servers or at least paid tournaments. As fast as possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Kira Farcry.8436

Kira Farcry.8436

Carlin

Go onto other forums, where people that have experience playing competitive arena in WoW (Looking at this forum, I can smell the 1200 rating scrubbers from miles away, aka, most people are kitten clueless.). They are all kitten on GW2, and it’s poorly designed sPvP, which ironically is their only content in the game. Anet forgot to ask some people actually have a clue about PvP about how to design their game, and it shows. The pvp is made ‘fun’ (oh wee, look at me and all the fancy animations. I can’t see kitten on my screen, but at least it’s beautiful and it has big numbers. ), not competitively.

If someone needs a ranking to be worthy to be heard by you:
My team is made of multiple glad’s. We all enjoy the game and think, that PvP is more skillbased than in other MMO’s. I think the balance is… not perfect, but still enjoyable. The only problem of GW2 atm is: we need scrim-servers or at least paid tournaments. As fast as possible.

I believe they said that scrim servers were in some sort of works, or was being talked about. And as far as paid tournaments I suppose the ones where you need tournament tickets count as opposed to the free ones.

Elegance in simplicity; Beauty in design.

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

I really hope they are working on scrim servers. They only need to do it fast
And yes, thats what I mean by paid tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Amadeuz.4617

Amadeuz.4617

I just want to clarify: I don’t think GW2 is bad — I think it’s as close as you can come to a good MMO a la WoW, but the problem being that there are a lot of stuff to fix still.
You guys all use the excuse “The game hasn’t been out for 1 month”, and already floods of people are turning their backs because of lack of actual good content in the game.

To put my whine in perspective:
Guardians are OP as kitten in 8v8, because people don’t know what to do. Guardians are fine when it comes to a 5on5. That’s how I think

So my plea is this:

Make 5on5 hot join a thing.
Make arena with rating (Where you can buy gear for RATING).
Remove the whole tournament system, as it kitten sucks.
Never ever again make a water map (not until you fix your underwater combat).
If you want the sPvP to be conquest, then give an incentive to play conquest (Pulsating +10 pts for standing on a point should be the first thing to be added to sPvP next patch.)
You get out of combat after 6 seconds, no matter if the target is still alive, or you have a pet on yourkitten

That’s basically it. Everything else is fine.

LoL, if you posted like the context in this quote at first place, and not insult that the game is dying, and not bring other games to the discussion (People here don’t want to see GW2 as other games’ clone, I think.) The whole arguments in this thread will be very peaceful than this, and you will not end up to be labeled as troll or WoW fanatic in this tread.

However I am agree about your suggestion on this quote (except “Remove the whole tournament system”). The game is less than a month years old, I do believe devs are working on the game to fix and improve the game contents anyway.

(edited by Amadeuz.4617)

in PvP

Posted by: Davion.8754

Davion.8754

And, oh yeah, sPvP is just a major grind. There is no skill to getting the gear, just a helluva a lot of time. This doesn’t encourage you to actually do good at all.

Actually it does as your “ranking” will be seen by your gear. Believe me the first guy I’ll see in a dragon armor i’ll be like “holly kitten it must be such a monster”

Or a really dedicated noob

OR you can see at his title under the name which let u see how many tourney he won meaning he has to be skilled.

Or he had his hand held through tourneys

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

And, oh yeah, sPvP is just a major grind. There is no skill to getting the gear, just a helluva a lot of time. This doesn’t encourage you to actually do good at all.

Actually it does as your “ranking” will be seen by your gear. Believe me the first guy I’ll see in a dragon armor i’ll be like “holly kitten it must be such a monster”

Or a really dedicated noob

OR you can see at his title under the name which let u see how many tourney he won meaning he has to be skilled.

Or he had his hand held through tourneys

still a better player than a rank 40 made in 8v8.

in PvP

Posted by: Vecna.8197

Vecna.8197

Please let thekitten OP’s kitten thread die.
thank you

in PvP

Posted by: Wobels.1679

Wobels.1679

So i read so much about comparing it to other games.. I for one hated 30-45min arena matches in wow.. this is much more fast paced i love it my times not wasted i can either win and move on or lose and move on. either way im moving on im not stuck. who cares if there is buggs or unbalances obviously you never played the “be all on game wow”when it released… it didnt even work for 2 freakin weeks and when it did shamans were the thiefs chill out give it time they will fix stuff.. this game isnt dyeing they are actually working on stuff and servers and people are spreading out if your refering to que times being shorter.. its cause what they are doing is actually working. anyways have fun cheer up lifes funner that way.

in PvP

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Did someone say something about Kittens… Oh my!

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

Ive noticed the warmup is just as significant as the game itself, no reward no ranking pointless, might as well just make pvp one massive warmup

in PvP

Posted by: Tarisuca.3142

Tarisuca.3142

I do not agree with all of your points but the headline is true. The PvP community is disappointed, many people already stopped playing.

GW1: Tarisuka The Monk, GW2: Warmonk Tarisuca
Get Ready Save Glory Boost [GrDy] RiP

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Amount of players has doubled since preorders but game is dieing? I don’t even want to waste my time reading your post, you need to delete this.

Because it is free. If this game was sub based it would be leaking faster than star wars did.

in PvP

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

To be honest Carlin you’ve caught my attention on this because all you ever do is rant incessantly and get annoyed responses. It’s boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Suds.7235

Suds.7235

Whoa guys! Stop this argument, because the game is clearly dying. Well over 2 million copies sold in about 3 weeks(don’t forget sales were put on hold for a bit). Official launch was 8/28, today is 9/20. It’s not been released for Mac, nor in the Asian market. 22 days in guys…. it’s dying so hard! We must accept this failure.

in PvP

Posted by: Nodrog.7458

Nodrog.7458

What a silly statement Suds, by your logic Diablo 3 was never dieing either and in fact had an extremely healthy population as it sold over 6.5 million in it’s first week!

erm…

From what I observe the game is “dieing”, much of my guild and friends have already moved on.. There’s just not enough things to hold the attention of most level 80’s at this point in time.

(edited by Nodrog.7458)

in PvP

Posted by: Mage.7839

Mage.7839

I always could laugh and cry the same time when someone tells me “it is not wow”. Dumbest answer ever. I have played WoW 2 hours in total in my life. I quit at level 3. So if you have any problem with any game people come say “go back to play wow”.

As for the OP, I only agree in the Downed State, 8v8 and underwater combat.

However, the DS is the PvP killer feature itself.

in PvP

Posted by: Suds.7235

Suds.7235

What a silly statement Suds, by your logic Diablo 3 was never dieing either and in fact had an extremely healthy population as it sold over 6.5 million in it’s first week!

World of Warcraft – around 9 million subscribers. “Hey everyone, we will give you a copy of Diablo 3 if you commit to 1 full year of your WoW subscription. It will not cost you any extra, just commit to 1 year at your regular price!”

Diablo 3 – 6.5million people. “We accept your offer!”

Not the same…

From what I observe the game is very much alive. I know at least 100 people within our alliance that are 80 and haven’t shed a tear about any of their pvp experiences. Many more sub 80’s. We’re all having a blast together. We have plenty to hold our attention. We all realize and understand that with nearly every game’s release, there are things that need to be changed. Whether it’s balance, content, whatever. No mmo can be perfect upon release, it can’t happen. You can test all you want, but you’ll never get an accurate determination until it’s live. mmo’s are an ever-evolving thing and almost have to be adjusted on the fly. 22 days in…

in PvP

Posted by: okplayer.8510

okplayer.8510

stop feeding this troll