Gamebreaking builds that need attention NOW

in PvP

Posted by: Dreddful.4860

Dreddful.4860

-Druids, why is the only healing class in the game? Poor decision, nerf healing or nerf damage

-Burnguard: Burst at RANGE, insane burst in melee, what were you guys thinking?

-Tanky Revenant builds, too tanky, way tankier than any other tank, also healing from being dealt damage? gg

-Dragonhunter, nerf damage and traps

Please add builds that are crazily OP that are run SOLO in unranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

-Druids, why is the only healing class in the game? Poor decision, nerf healing or nerf damage

I would rather say buff: Support Guardians, Staff Eles, Blood/Death Necros, Ventari Revenant, Shout Warriors and maybe MedKit/Elixir Gun Engis… mostly its all about adding better scalling with Healing Power and adding some more team utility.

I think Burnguard is “squishy” and pretty bad vs AoE cleanses.

-Tanky Revenant builds, too tanky, way tankier than any other tank, also healing from being dealt damage? gg

Indeed, DPS Revenant seems to be too tanky. I would suggest to move dmg from Sword #3 (UA) to #2. This way #2 would be more useful and #3 still would be good evade/mightstacking ability.

Also Revanant requires buffs for other Legends than Shiro/Glint.

Buff sustained dmg, nerf burst dmg.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Problem with shiro/glint rev is that they are so incredibly tanky in MARAUDER amulet even. Their sustain needs nerfs. Problem with rev though is that all other legends are basically underpowered. Jalis is useful only for the elite, Mallyx got gutted when the self-conditioning and condition-sharing was taken away, and Ventari was bad from the start.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Dreddful.4860

I would rather say buff: Support Guardians, Staff Eles, Blood/Death, Ventari Revenant, Shout Warriors and maybe MedKit/Elixir Gun Engis… mostly its all about adding better scalling with Healing Power and adding some more team utility.

Indeed, DPS Revenant seems to be too tanky. I would suggest to move dmg from Sword #3 (UA) to #2. This way #2 would be more useful and #3 still would be good evade/mightstacking ability.

Burnguard isn’t bad when run SOLO, unranked is a mess after any decent burnguard that knows how to push 1234.

Also buffing all healing might mae any burst class obsolete so thats another discussion!

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Also buffing all healing might mae any burst class obsolete so thats another discussion!

It’s not about buffing healing, but buffing scaling with Healing Power, so mentioned above “builds” could be on pair with Druid if you would want to have support in your team with right amulet. Usualy you don’t want more 1-2 supportive guys, because they lack damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

They really need to change how healing scale up. I’m not sure why some classes have an access to insane amounts of healing even when on zerker/marauder amulet.

in PvP

Dreddful.4860

So what is Anet doing to balance this? any info?

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Revs with shiro glint have close to 0 condi clense btw

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Not true. Only if they’re using Retribution and hammer instead of staff. With invokation you got one condi cleanse on legend swap and two on staff (if it decides to work).

in PvP

baylock.1703

Not true. Only if they’re using Retribution and hammer instead of staff. With invokation you got one condi cleanse on legend swap and two on staff (if it decides to work).

Reason for word close

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Problem with shiro/glint rev is that they are so incredibly tanky in MARAUDER amulet even. Their sustain needs nerfs. Problem with rev though is that all other legends are basically underpowered. Jalis is useful only for the elite, Mallyx got gutted when the self-conditioning and condition-sharing was taken away, and Ventari was bad from the start.

Which sustain are you actually speaking of mate?

Do you mean, they heal to full when you attack them during the glint heal? If you say yes I will not ask any further question.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Reason for word close

My bad, didn’t notice the ’’close’’. Sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: Elpredator.8523

Elpredator.8523

Sigh these build listed above have so many counters and competent players would know how to beat these builds instead of whining because they can’t be bothered to learn counters and play the kitten game.seriously do you see any good or top tier pvpers whining about the elite specs no because they know how to play the kitten game and adapt and counter for once though I doubt you have played many games so .Anet should not listen to these whiny threads about nerfing specs because they are bad at the game and actually listen to decent people.

in PvP

baylock.1703

Sigh these build listed above have so many counters and competent players would know how to beat these builds instead of whining because they can’t be bothered to learn counters and play the kitten game.seriously do you see any good or top tier pvpers whining about the elite specs no because they know how to play the kitten game and adapt and counter for once though I doubt you have played many games so .Anet should not listen to these whiny threads about nerfing specs because they are bad at the game and actually listen to decent people.

++++1 problem is metabattle every 1 takes builds from there and if ur class build can’t beat other than its op just play with ur traits come up with something intresting (if I get beaten in pvp I never blame opponent for being OP I think what I need to do to come out winner next time)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

not to be dat guy, cause dat guy ^^^ already came in and sayd it, but very demeaning. what he meant is

Druids – tanks a tanks, if u can’t 1v1 it, leave until u got support to kill, 2 other nodes on the map

Burnguard – wait for 4+ burn stacks, then cleanse it, they squish fast so after that cleans u can usu burst them dead before they apply more burns on u

Tanky Revenant builds – that heal is super annoying but… u just need to not attack them during it, i havent played it so maybe its too short a cd, i dunno but if u don’t attack they don’t heal so much

Dragonhunter – wait until u see some traps drop, stability and dodge away, wait for all traps to finish, then go in for the kill

in PvP

Morwath.9817

…but they were QQing about Minstrel, so it was removed.

in PvP

Do you mean, they heal to full when you attack them during the glint heal? If you say yes I will not ask any further question.

2x ~6k heal and long block from Shield #5
~2k heal from staff #4
very low cooldown block on staff #3
semi-spammable evade+stunbreak in shiro
12 second cooldown evade that does tons of damage and stacks might

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

How about reapers that do too much damage for their tankiness?

in PvP

baylock.1703

Reaper is slow easy to kite if he plays gs dagger . When he’s in reaper shroud kite hem attack some 1 else during the time when he’s out of shroud burst and cc they don’t have meny stun breaks also when he has spectral effect don’t hit hem he heals more than you hit hem.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

I would rather say buff: Support Guardians, Staff Eles, Blood/Death Necros, Ventari Revenant, Shout Warriors and maybe MedKit/Elixir Gun Engis… mostly its all about adding better scalling with Healing Power and adding some more team utility.

You’re far more intelligent then the op

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I agree with some of this stuff.

druids are fine. they are hardcountered by condi pressure and CC. druids wont be seeing any more nerfs because of this reason, I can guarantee it. it will come down to bringing up other support specs like poster above me said, especially ventari. this will bring more build variety. given that we’re talking about Arena Net, this likely wont happen for 6 months to a year, if it happens at all.

you speak of a bunker rev. there is no such thing. there is the marauder glint/shiro, and it’s the only viable rev build. it has way too much invuln up-time. I called this out in BWE3, but no one listened. it’s becoming a pretty big problem as people are learning the build. it’s somewhat countered by condi pressure, but given how small the window is for condi application in between shield 5, glint heal, and UA, it’s not as effective as it should be.

Dragon hunters – im perfectly ok with their damage and area-denying traps. what im not ok with is the perma block. for a marauder spec, they take too long to kill 1v1. same could be said for chrono, but chrono doesn’t even come close to the DH in terms of utility and damage.

burn guard – not sure what youre talking about here. the burn guard was fine before HoT, not much different now. just bring condi cleanse and fight outside of the consecration.

overall, and as usual, im quite disappointed by the low build variety. there are very, very obvious best choices that people figured out in a matter of weeks. im already bored of the game, so im basically waiting for leagues and another large balance patch.

im also sick and tired of only marauder and cele stats being viable. a little bit of vit needs to be added to cleric, settler, cavalier, rabid and other vit-less ammies. but this is a whole different discussion.

reapers are actually extremely well balanced. you can kill the best ones if you don’t make any mistakes. if you make mistakes, they will destroy you. I love fighting reapers….it’s highly rewarding and challenging.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in PvP

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

~2k heal from staff #4

Uhmm, you lost me,

does this count as sustain now?

“very low cooldown block on staff #3
12 second cooldown evade that does tons of damage and stacks might”

So the thief with most evades has the most sustain now?

“2x ~6k heal and long block from Shield #5” these are at 25s CD and on most of the time is a death sentence because when you are rooted you will be loaded with condis with competent people and that 4K heal will disappear in a nano second.

“~2k heal from staff #4” that is what on 20s CD and 2K heal, common…..

When you say D/D has too much sustain it is OK but compared to that Revenant sustain is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Oh its even worse he says its 2k heal with marauder on staff #4,is closer to 1.5 or les on 15s CD with 1s cast
For shield #5 there is somthing cald unblockable attackas and, for those smart enough you simply stop attacking ,put some condi and wave bb to revenant …

(edited by deda.8302)

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Reason for word close

Why would they remove condis if they can embrace them and turn them into healing with an insta-cast?

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Oh lols,i dont know how it worked before ,
but resistance doesnt clear enything for you, it just delays inevitable mr Anderson.
After you heal your self with that super heal +500 per condition(= abot 7k heal or so) those same conditions that help you heal will hit you as those pitifull 3sec of resitance expires.
Whta happens next ?

Embrace down state

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Just thought i’d give some insight on how I believe things are going. I’ve played Guardian since beta and have been enjoying the burst DH puts out. I use Berserker Amulet so my sustain is less than desirable but the burst is nice to justify it.

I might be biased but I find Scrapper, Revenant and to some degree, Reaper to be stronger than DH. I think once people understand that you can avoid(even the instant-cast) traps, DH will probably become more niche.

As a Guardian(DH), I still feel very slow and am very vulnerable to sustained builds while my support has dropped significantly running DH virtue’s instead of base. If anything, I think both Rev(Herald mostly) and Scrapper need to be looked at more than anything else.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

• Herald/rev – mainly herald that needs some more nerfing. too much sustain/damage, potential cele ele step-in.
  • Scrapper/engie – this is more alchemy’s fault than anything. HGH + elixir gun is pretty much a constant 20-25 stacks of might alone. nerf alchemy further (the HGH nerf literally made 0 difference with engineers now using hoelbrak).
  • Dragonhunter/guardian – traps do way too much on their own. longbow damage is overtuned. dragon’s maw needs counter play; teleports like shadowstep should move you out of dragon’s maw without activating the CC, evasion stunbreaks like roll for iniative should move you through the CC as well instead of pretty much being useless. new virtues are stupidly strong. clear upgrades (not alternatives) from core, p2w.
  • Druid/Ranger – staff autoattack hits too hard/fast. new pets (smokescale/bristleback) are absolutely ridiculous considering how much damage they output for being as tanky as they are, them completely outclassing core pets essentially makes them p2w. also slightly too much healing.
  • Reaper/Necro – chill damage slightly overtuned.
  • Elementalist/tempest – cele ele is still overtuned. that amulet should be gone already.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Yea Bunker Rev doesn’t exist I don’t know what you guys are talking about : 3 : 3 : 3 : 3

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

• Herald/rev – mainly herald that needs some more nerfing. too much sustain/damage, potential cele ele step-in.
  • Scrapper/engie – this is more alchemy’s fault than anything. HGH + elixir gun is pretty much a constant 20-25 stacks of might alone. nerf alchemy further (the HGH nerf literally made 0 difference with engineers now using hoelbrak).
  • Dragonhunter/guardian – traps do way too much on their own. longbow damage is overtuned. dragon’s maw needs counter play; teleports like shadowstep should move you out of dragon’s maw without activating the CC, evasion stunbreaks like roll for iniative should move you through the CC as well instead of pretty much being useless. new virtues are stupidly strong. clear upgrades (not alternatives) from core, p2w.
  • Druid/Ranger – staff autoattack hits too hard/fast. new pets (smokescale/bristleback) are absolutely ridiculous considering how much damage they output for being as tanky as they are, them completely outclassing core pets essentially makes them p2w. also slightly too much healing.
  • Elementalist/tempest – cele ele is still overtuned. that amulet should be gone already.

yep, all other classes besides your thief main requires changes. Judging from your post history, you want all other classes to be toned down so your thief can regain past glory.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

~2k heal from staff #4

6k heal is only with clerics ammy. Running 800 healing power in WvW I don’t even heal 6k with shield. It scales well with healing power, at base it’s actually only about 4000(it’s just over 900 per tick, 4 ticks over the course of 3 seconds).

No self respecting rev uses staff AND sword. If they do, they’re not going to be very helpful to their team having no range/aoe.

Shiro’s stuff isn’t really spammable because it costs a lot AND they need the energy to spam quickness. You can’t use more than 3 evades back to back, and if you do you will go from full to 0 energy and will have no effective dps/surviva capability. Rev relies on utilities and energy to do everything.

What you guys are neglecting to account for is the fact that shiro/glint is hard countered by condis, the standard shiro/glint build ONLY has the glint heal to counter condis (for 3 seconds every 30 seconds, all damage heals you). For that tradeoff, don’t you agree they deserve to be OP against other power builds? It’s the only way it can work, unless ANet reworks that design choice (which imo they should, but they don’t seem to want to).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in PvP

Morwath.9817

No self respecting rev uses staff AND sword. If they do, they’re not going to be very helpful to their team having no range/aoe.

Phantaram uses staff AND sword…

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

yep, all other classes besides your thief main requires changes. Judging from your post history, you want all other classes to be toned down so your thief can regain past glory.

if you can actually make any argument that thief/daredevil and warrior/beserker should be nerfed i’ll shut up. i didnt even include chronomancer because it’s not that bad. so get over it, im right.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

If they are heal specced their damage is kitten. They can’t do both, whiners already got pet damage (Shadowscale) nerfed. L2P.

Where have you been the past few months? The only reason burn Guardians seem scary now is because the meta shifted away from conditions and people are running less condi-clear. L2P.

Don’t hit them when they are glowing white or kneeling with their shields up. They can’t heal for kitten against competent players. Working as intended. L2P.

So you want an overall damage nerf + trap nerf? Good thing you and your butcher knife don’t get to decide the course of class balancing. Dodge / stability / blink / invulnerability / shroud / clones / pets / minions / situational awareness.

Oh… and L2P.

What?

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

(edited by Schurge.5194)

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

im also sick and tired of only marauder and cele stats being viable. a little bit of vit needs to be added to cleric, settler, cavalier, rabid and other vit-less ammies. but this is a whole different discussion.

This. Right now we have no build diversity; we have cele, marauder, and to a lesser extent carrion. We need damage to be higher so that minstrel could exist and not be an untouchable option. If we could reach that point we would have a spectrum of bunkers, jack of all trades and burst builds. Which would make the game more fast paced and interesting to actually watch.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in PvP

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Okay, as an engi main, please don’t bring up Medkit engi……. They gave us a “healing trait line” that is pretty bad at healing.. and then “remade the medkit to be a more viable heal” which…. is to say the least un-equippable in any real situation.

Not to mention, if you mess up, it heals enemies.

in PvP

Seriously LOL at all the people arguing thet Shiro/Rev marauder sustain is okay. LOL. LOL. LOL.

in PvP

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Seriously LOL at all the people arguing thet Shiro/Rev marauder sustain is okay. LOL. LOL. LOL.

Agree with you. All those evade and heals is WTH.

Heiann – NSP

in PvP

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Phantaram uses staff AND sword…

Because he’s popular and decent at pvp, therefore he’s doing everything right? Think about it. Without hammer you have no aoe, no ranged option, and are forced to engage in melee for everything. It’s not smart and it’s certainly not common.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Wut, 2 evades as everyone else? And actually up to 3 evades on average that most classes have with skills that come with them.
Only really bad players use all the energy on Shiro’s evade which is really expensive. And the only decent reliable sustain they have in Glint/Shiro is shield 5 and to an extent sword 3 (although both are really easily countered by decently skilled players). Unless they are fighting trash tier players who hit them while Infused Light is up and run like headless chickens when they are being hit by sword 3.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

And yet decent players are able to beat em 1v1, either by not bursting infused light, work around their legend stances/cds as for ex they dont have withdraw in glint (and with 9 sec cd after swap), or condi builds. You guys are making yourselves look like fools with all this LOLOL WTH. Others can do it, theres workarounds, yet you two cant seem to get it and thats why you’re here. That explains quite a bit.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Buff Thieves, bring them back.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

And yet decent players are able to beat em 1v1, either by not bursting infused light, work around their legend stances/cds as for ex they dont have withdraw in glint (and with 9 sec cd after swap), or condi builds. You guys are making yourselves look like fools with all this LOLOL WTH. Others can do it, theres workarounds, yet you two cant seem to get it and thats why you’re here. That explains quite a bit.

Just because you can beat something doesn’t mean it’s balanced.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well i think PvP seasons start 24th of Nov , so expect something real soon

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

All those people saying glint/shiro is OP duel me on my warrior xd

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Just because you die to something doesn’t mean it’s unbalanced. L2P

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

^ putting the world to rights

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Ventari should be as good at healing as druid, however, it completely sucks.
Secondly, why the “maybe” medit? It’s likely the worst remake anet has done. They took something useless, made videos about how good it will be, giving engis a support option… Only to make it even worse, which I didn’t think was possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Ajax of Telamona.6974

Ajax of Telamona.6974

Easy talk !
I said before and i will say it again. Dps junkies chill out. The only class that can heal and kill up to 3 people is Druid.
What a bout Guardian? I play bunker 3 years . I don’t care meta. Can’t win me easy or can’t win me at all in 1v1 . Me against druid is lost case. Normal Healer vs Healer should have a quick outcome . I fought with druid ( normal ones not noobs) i failed to hold the point. My mates killing him down from keep and i was fighting for my life with his kittening Pet. IS A kittenING HEALER kitten . Guard vs Guard none wins ( Healers not noobs) Healers have to be in balance any healing class must not have the power to kill another heeling class.
These days the dps is insane . I can take it 3 v 3 in mid but if i got lag spike ( for seconds not long ) i am kittenING DEAD!!! Not cause the dps junkies are good but because of lag. What i try to say is that Arena needs to Nerf it . Or find a way to take care this. Can’t allow noobs look like heroes cause of this. Lag spikes will always be not all have perfect Internet connections. This Frenzy dps need to be fix is fun only for them not for the others.

in PvP

Just because you die to something doesn’t mean it’s unbalanced. L2P

People that think rev sustain is okay are probably the same people that argued that D/D ele damage was okay.

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

This why it was a bad idea for the developers to remove ranked queue…. these type threads pop up. Because everybody mixed into a single queue.