General Suggestions

General Suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: steven seagull.2859

steven seagull.2859

First, changing the landscape of PVP. So, ever since ANET and this game took the Esports approach and changed the landscape of PVP, the PVP aspect is now yet another game full of trolls and not so nice players, meanie heads. (trying to abide by the forum rules) Now, I am aware that there are quite a few younger players who find humor in this. However, I am a 30 year old male raised in the south by a blue collar family. So, forgive me if I take the bait 10 times out of 10. And, I do. The problem is that I can be quite colorful with my use of words and that leads to problems.

My suggestion is this: allow for a /mute all command or for players to simply be muted in game with a quick, swift click of the button. Other games allow for this, and I would like to see this be another. If not, I will have to refrain from an aspect of the game I enjoy. In turn, that will lead to me eventually playing less which will lead to my eventual departure from the game altogether. Meaning, a loss of money. Granted just one person.

Now, for other suggestions. Stronghold I feel was a great idea that fell a bit short of its mark. Right now, so much of the map is a battle in the center for control over the supplies. Then, you have to rush all the way back and hope not to die. Rinse and repeat several times before hopefully being the first to break through the gates and take down the enemy lord.

In my opinion, I feel that the archers and door breakers should be automated. Both teams have them spawn at a slow, gradual pace. However, I believe that when the heroes spawn, gaining control of one or both should provide a boost in the spawn rate of archers and doorbreakers. I believe that this would make this map more attractive to the pvp community.

Concerning Courtyard, I believe that courtyard can be made attractive and fixed and once again implemented into rotation. If you were to take an apsect of wvw and implement into courtyard, I believe that will make this map attractive and playable for all classes and not just the aoe spam heavy classes. Have arrow carts placed at both ends for both teams. Allow for the destruction of these carts and place the repair kits in the center of the map.

All maps in general: To prevent teams from spawn camping, make any kills that occur directly within the area of team spawn points result in negative points. Think of it as a no go zone.

(edited by steven seagull.2859)

General Suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

My suggestion is this: allow for a /mute all command or for players to simply be muted in game with a quick, swift click of the button. Other games allow for this, and I would like to see this be another. If not, I will have to refrain from an aspect of the game I enjoy. In turn, that will lead to me eventually playing less which will lead to my eventual departure from the game altogether. Meaning, a loss of money. Granted just one person.

You can make a chat tab that has everything disabled and switch to it if you want to.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

General Suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: Epphyx.5078

Epphyx.5078

1) the “mute” option is already there…
If you want to mute 1 person, right click and block
If you want to mute everyone, switch to an other channel not displaying what you don’t wanna see.

2) No thanks.
Most of the fights indeed occurs at doors not at the center…

3) people asked for deathmatch, they got it…
But frankly, no. No reason whatsoever to put it back in the rotation. Or with a special opt out button like Conquest

General Suggestions

in PvP

steven seagull.2859

That is not muting, that is blocking.
And, I would prefer not to have to do that every single time. I would prefer to simply have an option to mute. As for making a tab, as suggested above, that does the trick, but falls into the why bother category?

General Suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

What is the difference between block and individual character mute? Both do the same thing.

General Suggestions

in PvP

steven seagull.2859

What is the difference between block and individual character mute? Both do the same thing.

No. One prohibits chat from that player altogether. No whispers, no map chat, no team chat, etc. It may be that particular player is having a bad day and acting out is more of a temporary thing. In that instance, I would rather just mute that player. Blocking effectively places his or her head on the chopping block and takes any means by which they might be able to apologize or come to their senses out of the equation. If muted, the player can be unmuted to see if they are being somewhat normal or continuing to act out. So, no, they are not the same.

General Suggestions

in PvP

Chad.6104

No. One prohibits chat from that player altogether. No whispers, no map chat, no team chat, etc. It may be that particular player is having a bad day and acting out is more of a temporary thing. In that instance, I would rather just mute that player. Blocking effectively places his or her head on the chopping block and takes any means by which they might be able to apologize or come to their senses out of the equation. If muted, the player can be unmuted to see if they are being somewhat normal or continuing to
act out. So, no, they are not the same.

Still don’t see the difference. You can alway unblock the char to see if they’ve come to their senses or continuing to act out.

Block/mute: can’t see that chars chat
Unblock/unmute: can see that chars chat.

How are they different if they do the same thing?

General Suggestions

in PvP

steven seagull.2859

No. One prohibits chat from that player altogether. No whispers, no map chat, no team chat, etc. It may be that particular player is having a bad day and acting out is more of a temporary thing. In that instance, I would rather just mute that player. Blocking effectively places his or her head on the chopping block and takes any means by which they might be able to apologize or come to their senses out of the equation. If muted, the player can be unmuted to see if they are being somewhat normal or continuing to
act out. So, no, they are not the same.

Still don’t see the difference. You can alway unblock the char to see if they’ve come to their senses or continuing to act out.

Block/mute: can’t see that chars chat
Unblock/unmute: can see that chars chat.

How are they different if they do the same thing?

If I mute that player, assuming that is an option (it is not), they can whisper me if they choose to do so while match is still ongoing. Not to say that they would, but they could. Also, clicking the player and right clicking then scrolling down every time to block/unblock becomes an unnecessary hurdle. Just have an icon next to the player that I can click once. Rather than have to stop in the middle of a fight or outside of a point to achieve my goal of not seeing the toxicity of that player.

General Suggestions

in PvP

Chad.6104

It’s been my experience that people who are being so toxic in chat that you would block them don’t send nice or apologetic whispers to the other players in that match. They continue with their toxicity. ANet has seen that allowing people to talk after a block ends up with the conversation escalating and probably both sides getting reported and suspended.
The absolute block allows for a cooling off period and keeps the number of reports (and work for support) down.