Get Rid of Dailies from Ranked

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

I’m tired of having to take the brunt of team fights because clueless people like the person in this screenshot have no clue what needs to be done in matches.

An ele who has no clue what rotation or team healing or anything isn’t someone I enjoy playing with.

Attachments:

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Or rework the daily system so that it doesn’t end up forcing a bunch of players onto random professions that they don’t want to play and are awful at when a large portion of the community prefers to only play a single (or very small number) of professions.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Or rework the daily system so that it doesn’t end up forcing a bunch of players onto random professions that they don’t want to play and are awful at when a large portion of the community prefers to only play a single (or very small number) of professions.

I’d prefer if they are gonna bribe people with phat lewtz that they just rework the whole darn thing. Give us like 5 gems for a loss and 10 gems for a win or something and maybe bonus gems for certain achievements. People who are dedicated to spvp seem only to care about skins.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I’d prefer if they are gonna bribe people with phat lewtz that they just rework the whole darn thing. Give us like 5 gems for a loss and 10 gems for a win or something and maybe bonus gems for certain achievements. People who are dedicated to spvp seem only to care about skins.

They used to give out gems actually.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Don’t recall that. Do remember getting skins and dyes from forge when I first drifted from wvw to spvp.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Don’t recall that. Do remember getting skins and dyes from forge when I first drifted from wvw to spvp.

This was way back after launch. Like right after launch, when tournaments costed tickets and the rewards were gems. Also it was one map per week, and temple of the silent storm didn’t exist yet.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Please remove all dailies from PVP that aren’t “Win a match” or “kill a player”. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

Yeah I’m not a fan of “Win x matches as y class”

I will never purposely pick up a class I’m not familiar with, and then precede to burden my team just for a daily.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Please remove all dailies from PVP that aren’t “Win a match” or “kill a player”. Thank you.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Suggested-pvp-dailys/first#post4779614

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

This was way back after launch. Like right after launch, when tournaments costed tickets and the rewards were gems. Also it was one map per week, and temple of the silent storm didn’t exist yet.

That was a lot of fun. Miss those days of SPvP, made a nice chunk of gems that way.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I’m tired of having to take the brunt of team fights because clueless people like the person in this screenshot have no clue what needs to be done in matches.

An ele who has no clue what rotation or team healing or anything isn’t someone I enjoy playing with.

Ladder is worthless (With pve tryhards farming losses and still getting points for it, being top ladder with 40% win ratio) why ppl still bother to go ranked anyway? It’s just longer q times

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Ranked is the only place I get decent matches, unranked is a disaster.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Old paid tns…but if you remember they changed it to make paids farmable too giving 1 qpnt to losers…leading everyone to just keep going no matter if winning or losing, and ofc qpnts ladder went totally reterded after that

looks like this game just doesn’t allow a skill and win based ladder…everything is gonna end up on brainless farming (From old paids, to pre 16 dec abused decay to this lose for win…last is the worst hands down, at least you needed to win first in order to abuse decay system forever on the old one)…they just always want to give bads the chance to go up anyway no matter how much they suck

all hail anet and pve heroes

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

You know it’s ranger daily when the weekly daily rant pops up!

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Ladder is worthless (With pve tryhards farming losses and still getting points for it, being top ladder with 40% win ratio) why ppl still bother to go ranked anyway? It’s just longer q times

Courtyard, Skyhammer, and Spirit Watch aren’t my idea of fun.

Of course the ladder is bad, but unranked is also like Hotjoin 2.0b.

in PvP

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Good suggestions. Let me add a better one:

Please remove all access to PvP from anyone over rank of Dolyak. It is clear they have mastered this game mode and have no further need nor business being here.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

You know it’s ranger daily when the weekly daily rant pops up!

Had nothing to do with rangers. The guy I SS’d was an ele. The dailies have given incentive to people who don’t play classes or spvp regularly. I wouldn’t personally mind this if it was only unranked and practice arenas.

I want to play against better players because it’s the only way I’ll get better. These dailies throw a kink into that process. Think filtering out AP farmers and people into phat lewtz from Ranked would help promote a better environment for teams to form, etc.

(edited by SobeSoul.6910)

in PvP

Posted by: mishkamba.6358

mishkamba.6358

no one’s forcing any player here. they can do hot join to get the achievement.

in PvP

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I do those in hotjoin half the time, because I am in no way comfortable to join a match that is based on my “engi MMR” with my ele.

I think that the class-based win dailies are great (at least the motivate me to play my alts at all), but the class-based MMR needs to be implemented already. That way, with my crappy ele, I could join other crappy players, not ruin anybody else’s rated matches, and that’s that.

We already have a solution, they just need to put it in.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Problem is you’ll just end up with long Q time as everyone will q unranked to finish their daily.

in PvP

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Problem is you’ll just end up with long Q time as everyone will q unranked to finish their daily.

How so? How would queues be longer if the game used class-based MMR instead of account MMR? It’s just a different number stored in a different spot in the database. The matchmaking algorithm should be the same.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

I personally don’t mind 5-7 min queue times versus 2-3 min pops if it means more competitive matches with people who understand map mechanics a little better than casual players.

I don’t try to lash out at players, but there are a lot who could queue unranked for their dailies and not be a burden or liability in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

How so? How would queues be longer if the game used class-based MMR instead of account MMR? It’s just a different number stored in a different spot in the database. The matchmaking algorithm should be the same.

I was replying to the op, not to your class based mmr system. I think class based mmr is a good idea might be too much work for them to code though.

in PvP

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Oh, okay. I misunderstood you.

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

I was replying to the op, not to your class based mmr system. I think class based mmr is a good idea might be too much work for them to code though.

Huh? I never mentioned class based mmr.

in PvP

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Huh? I never mentioned class based mmr.

I did.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

well you have a point too i guess…

10+ mins que or courtyard with wvsw tryhards/skyhammer…

hard choice indeed

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

jportell.2197

Then ranked is hotjoin 3.0 had a turret engi say “Everyone burn the beast down fast then rush to mid!” And i’m over here like, so “they have a thief, beast is bad idea” and still they went after it

and still the thief stole it.

So yeah.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

Then ranked is hotjoin 3.0 had a turret engi say “Everyone burn the beast down fast then rush to mid!” And i’m over here like, so “they have a thief, beast is bad idea” and still they went after it

So yeah.

You’re not the one to really complain about peoples’ plays in game. I blocked you because you flooded team chat with rage in a game in the first game I ever came across you.

Stuff like that makes you a liability as much as a day one player who somehow stumbles into ranked matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I jump into hot joins to finish classes I don’t play like thief, guardian. The environment there is horrible with people exploring spectator to get on winning teams. Today, I was lucky enough to stumble into a public lounge(023)or some such and find a whole new cancer. I joined a 3 v 2 down 100 -0 on foe fire, capped home and then killed a guy on mid while my teammate stood near home off point. I go back and kill two baddies when it contests and my teammate yells at me “red is supposed to win, stop killing people”. Honestly, get rid of the daily classes so people like me don’t feel compelled to play classes they are weak on and people like them will go back to champ farming and eotm.

(edited by Mister Stygian.2135)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I jump into hot joins to finish classes I don’t play like thief, guardian. The environment there is horrible with people exploring spectator to get on winning teams. Today, I was lucky enough to stumble into a public lounge(023)or some such and find a whole new cancer. I joined a 3 v 2 down 100 -0 on foe fire, capped home and then killed a guy on mid while my teammate stood near home off point. I go back and kill two baddies when it contests and my teammate yells at me “red is supposed to win, stop killing people”. Honestly, get rid of the daily classes so people like me don’t feel compelled to play classes they are weak on and people like them will go back to champ farming and eotm.

lazy really not willing to play the game , to earn rewards OH how silly though its ironic they will still get rewards even if they just played normaly it only takes 3 matches till the odds say they will win a round and get that daily in that custom arena.

those are the people i tend to avoid at any cost because they want something for nothing.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

So yeah.

well, when you see a turret engi making tactics you already know is gonna end really bad.

but still better than being 1v3 mid while you see 3 of your teamates being kitten d by svanir (Yeah all 3…) after mesmer moa’d it (Moa on svanir op)

last guy dead on far ofc…i already give up even at raging and flaming, 90% people won’t understand anyway

miss /resign command from gw1 so much…

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

jportell.2197

So yeah.

You’re not the one to really complain about peoples’ plays in game. I blocked you because you flooded team chat with rage in a game in the first game I ever came across you.

Stuff like that makes you a liability as much as a day one player who somehow stumbles into ranked matches.

The raging in team chat comes from stupid BS like that. So yeah forgive me for going into RANKED matches expecting my teammates to know the common knowledge/safe strats for pugs. Which btw don’t include yoloing far. Or a S/F fresh air ele thinking that he can 1v4.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

That’s actually why they implemented the daily system, in order to get people to play other professions.

in PvP

Posted by: Nektera.9425

Nektera.9425

Ranked arena is broken anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

That’s actually why they implemented the daily system, in order to get people to play other professions.

Having it as an option is fine. But right now if you want to complete the PvP achievements you have to do it. Its hurting every game mode. Ranked ends up with people playing stuff they aren’t good at, unranked ends up being an awful practicing area because a 10 person game with only 2 professions is a wasted game practice wise, and hotjoins just ends up as an even worse version of how bad it already is.

Why is it important to force PvPers to play other professions if they don’t want to?

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build