Give A Bonus For Clicking I Am Ready!

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Make it a 10% reward track bonus that will stack with other modifiers when you click on the [change status] ready button before the time runs out. If you don’t click it, you lose out on the bonus.

Please make this happen.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

100 point “Eager to fight!” bonus at the end of a round.

Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

There’s not a single pvp’er I know in this world that actually cares about these points.
I also think that rewarding players for every fart is not a good habit. Players are starting to look like experimental monkeys, getting a treat for every trick they pull off.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

(edited by Menzies The Heretic.3415)

in PvP

Posted by: x indigo x.6981

x indigo x.6981

There’s not a single pvp’er I know in this world that actually cares about these points.
I also think that rewarding players for every fart is not a good habit.

I don’t think it’s as much about the reward itself as it is about giving people personal gain incentive (the best incentive in mmos) to ready up with they’re ready.

in PvP

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I don’t think it’s as much about the reward itself as it is about giving people personal gain incentive (the best incentive in mmos) to ready up with they’re ready.

I think if thats your goal, then it will possibly fail because there are tons of players like me who wouldn’t care about these points. And are most likely listening to music, doing other stuff while gw2 is minimized.

So I think a better suggestion would be to put the “Ready Up” button in a better spot. Or to make it larger. Or even have the guy screaming: “Your Lord is under attack!”, shout: “Are you ready bois?!”.

That would make me press that button

EDIT: use ROM’s voice

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I think if thats your goal, then it will possibly fail because there are tons of players like me who wouldn’t care about these points. And are most likely listening to music, doing other stuff while gw2 is minimized.

So I think a better suggestion would be to put the “Ready Up” button in a better spot. Or to make it larger. Or even have the guy screaming: “Your Lord is under attack!”, shout: “Are you ready bois?!”.

If Anet uses ROM?s voice im also going to click

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Great idea. Centuple the size and slap it in the middle of the screen. Make it so the screen is locked, so the person can’t do anything else in the game and yes… use Rom’s voice.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

ready? that’s the reason people don’t push the button? i am speechless….

in PvP

Menzies The Heretic.3415

ready? that’s the reason people don’t push the button? i am speechless….

No its not the reason, but its what I do while waiting for a match to start.
The main reason im not pressing ready is because nobody does. So it doesn’t really matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Just put the ready button right in the middle of the screen with flashing quaggans dancing around it so people don’t miss it.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I also think that rewarding players for every fart is not a good habit. Players are starting to look like experimental monkeys, getting a treat for every trick they pull off.

These points count towards the reward track. PvP’ing for 3 years since beta and I wouldn’t play if there were no rank points, or some kind of reward.

I play MMOs because it satisfies my psychological reward systems. I am a willing experimental monkey, and I need my treats. Otherwise I can’t justify the time spent gaming. If I didn’t want rewards, I would play a traditional game like Mario Bros or something.

MMOs are all about the carrots and the chasing of said carrots.

in PvP

Menzies The Heretic.3415

These points count towards the reward track. PvP’ing for 3 years since beta and I wouldn’t play if there were no rank points, or some kind of reward.

I play MMOs because it satisfies my psychological reward systems. I am a willing experimental monkey, and I need my treats. Otherwise I can’t justify the time spent gaming. If I didn’t want rewards, I would play a traditional game like Mario Bros or something.

To be honest, I throw most of the crap away, like piles of sand or PvE keys. And I hate openening endless amount of chests. I salvage everything I can salvage, and the only usefull things im getting are transmutation stones.

Untill I find a precursor, I can confirm that the only reason why I play pvp is, because its fun.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

To be honest, I throw most of the crap away, like piles of sand or PvE keys. And I hate openening endless amount of chests. I salvage everything I can salvage, and the only usefull things im getting are transmutation stones.

Untill I find a precursor, I can confirm that the only reason why I play pvp is, because its fun.

Great. As long as you realize you’re only speaking for yourself and not for the entire PvP community.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I would love more rewards while being in PvP

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Earning better rewards for playing PvP? Impossible!

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Just put the ready button right in the middle of the screen with flashing quaggans dancing around it so people don’t miss it.

I don’t think people are missing it. I think a lot of people don’t know that if everyone ready’s up it will start the match.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I don’t think people are missing it. I think a lot of people don’t know that if everyone ready’s up it will start the match.

Most of the people I’ve played with simply forget about the button and so do I after so many matches played. Come on, it’s a tiny button located somewhere I rarely look. Adding rewards for pressing it would definitely not make me press it, I would still forget.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

so do I after so many matches played.

So you are one of them!

shakes fist angrily

in PvP

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

just cutting the wait time from a minute to 30 seconds would make it better. That’d please both sides. Surely you should be ready BEFORe entering the match.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Most of the people I’ve played with simply forget about the button and so do I after so many matches played. Come on, it’s a tiny button located somewhere I rarely look. Adding rewards for pressing it would definitely not make me press it, I would still forget.

Wait you do this?!?!

We are no longer friends, this is unforgivable =P

Tbh it only takes one to not press it anyway and you still end up waiting and as others have said some just don’t care. Why not halve the ready up time instead.

I also liked the experimental monkeys analogy.

in PvP

Posted by: Constantin.5608

Constantin.5608

Its a huge green button on the left side of your screen. You can’t miss it. And if you’re not messing around with your build or taking a pee you have no excuse not to press it. I think the bonus for clicking Change Status is a brilliant idea !

Also I really hope they make the score screen at the end last longer. I just got over a million total damage in a match but messed up taking a screen shot and now I’m sad :

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Nah, just give a bonus for clicking. I am ready!

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Its a huge green button on the left side of your screen. You can’t miss it. And if you’re not messing around with your build or taking a pee you have no excuse not to press it. I think the bonus for clicking Change Status is a brilliant idea !

Also I really hope they make the score screen at the end last longer. I just got over a million total damage in a match but messed up taking a screen shot and now I’m sad :

I have a perfect excuse, I don’t want the match to start for another x seconds. It lets me get mentally prepared, mess around and discuss strategy. Even if they did this I still wouldn’t click the button, I like my minute of wait time.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Hugs.1856

Hugs.1856

Just put it under the waiting for players… announcement thingy at the top.

Might have to tweak the UI to accomodate for the other 2 icons though.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i don’t press ready because i am too busy posting random crap on forums D8

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

This. Op’s suggestion would be some incentive.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Jasher.6580

What is a D8?

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

What is a D8?

From my analysis it’s a combination of and 8D, which is basically with altered eyes,

Anyways to the topic, as I said plenty of people forget and it takes just one person. I apologize to everyone I made to wait for a match due to the fact I don’t remeber to press the tiny button.