Give chill the alacrity treatment

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Lmao, troll much? Those runes r trash unless you’re going for a might stacking build though strength runes do that better. Maybe if you were the one getting chilled and had insanely longer cds and the lower move speed with 1k dps a tick u wouldnt be calling it balanced. Also if chill gets removed it could just get applied again. End of discussion

They aren’t trash if you’re fighting chill builds.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I would agree if chill was an effect and not a condition that can be removed by condition removal as well as traits and abilities that specifically remove movement impairing conditions.

Let’s make chill less relevant to other classes because reaper has too much of it? Just hit reapers instead.

Nerfing reapers wont fix the issue, other classes like ele, rev and engi has plenty of access to it

LOL? Ele has a single skill which chills for like 2 seconds on a 30 second cooldown.

This page makes your statement false. Along with all the access to frost aura

Well, in his defense, he was sort of right. Sure, ele has more chill than that, but look at ths skills.

Several of them are from ice bow – unused in pvp.
Other ones are from elementals – unused in pvp.
Glyphs – unused in pvp.
Signet of water – never used anywhere.

Then we’re down to one skill on three weapons sets – one on staff, dagger and focus. So it’s either 0, 1 or 2 per weapon set. Most common is one. Not to mention the focus one is ridiculous.

Then you have one shout and frost aura. So in reality it’s not that many skills with chill ele has.

Frost aura is what actually generates chill for ele. Sure, I understand that since ele can share the aura, it’s hard not to get chilled, but technically it’s not chill only from ele.

On the other hand, I’ve seen people pewpewing eles with their AA when frost aura is on and still trying to chase them. I imagine these are the people who complain about ele having chill.

Let’s also talk about how ele is the class punished the most by chill. It affects attunements swaps, which are basically weapon swaps for ele. Surely, it’s not a weapon swap in the common sense, but ele is balanced around having lots skills on high cooldowns. To be able to use those skills, you need to be able to swap attumenets. Oh, you can’t? Too bad, since your survability is in the attunement you cannot swap to. It has always been an issue and before when fresh air was at least somehow viable when thief applied 10 sec chill and you were without removal, it was what killed you.

Now, let’s talk about why thief actually stole chill from you. Well, the same way they stole fear from necro. It was a condition that was supposed to be prominent with these classes. Is it this way now? Yes and no. Reaper still has the most fear and is able to do damage with it, but reaper also has the most chill and is able to do damage with it.

So my question is, how can anyone complain about ele having too much chill when it comes from you attacking the ele when Frost aura is on? Without that ele has basically no chill generation and is still punished by the condition the most.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I agree. Nerf chill to 33% cooldown.

But also reduce Quickness and Slow to 25% BUT, make them more accessible (no more of these ‘rarer but stronger’ boons and conditions, they always end up getting exploited).

25% quickness would be a dps increase more similar to fury and still very good, especially if people could access it more or for longer, and it’d fix a lot of pve and pvp problems, while also making it a boon that could add a new support niche to builds without having to be too conservative.

IMO, would do PVE a lot of good and with how high damage will be in pvp soon, I have a feeling it’d be a good counter measure to pvp burst.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

It is kind of silly that chill is superior to cripple, it used to be that there was much less access to chill, thats not the case anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

People who say Chill was limited back in the day just don’t know.

I have fond memories of stacking Chill for durations so long the timer disappeared and it just had the chilled icon with no white outline before it had a cap.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Anet’s super lazy way:
- Too easy to get 25 might stack —> Let’s nerf might.
- Too much slow and quickness —> nerf slow and quickness.
- Too many boons —> nerf boons.

Shaving ? Oh come on, neckbeard is the new sexy.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Shilajit.9023

Shilajit.9023

hmm I can see all them mesmer tears & the patch isn’t even live yet lol.
chill is in the game for 3 years nobody said it was op before but the new broken “status effect” getting nerfed & every mesmer looses their mind .

get real mesmers [chronos] you never said chills are op for past 3 years now you are just crying to make ‘some balance’ thinking chill is opposite of alacrity.

alacrity is a status & can’t be removed when chill can be removed .
stop crying play necro…………………..

Selling salts to the Salty people.
Only Gankdara Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

hmm I can see all them mesmer tears & the patch isn’t even live yet lol.
chill is in the game for 3 years nobody said it was op before but the new broken “status effect” getting nerfed & every mesmer looses their mind .

get real mesmers [chronos] you never said chills are op for past 3 years now you are just crying to make ‘some balance’ thinking chill is opposite of alacrity.

alacrity is a status & can’t be removed when chill can be removed .
stop crying play necro…………………..

If alacity becomes a boon we’d have bunker mesmer v2.0 unkillable edition with 100% boon duration.

That being said, chill is not more powerful that it used to be. It’s more COMMON.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Chill has become more common with HoT, the corruption of resistance did not help either. However HoT intruduced an extra set of counters against chill. Another thing HoT did was create an enormous meta shift away from condition removal to take up their shiny elite specs. It is not that chill has no counters, most people just refuse to take them.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

@OP, Didn’t you say only noobs qq about balance?

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Nerf counter to chill, nerf chill. At least Alacrity was not damaging anyone.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

Chill has been in the game for 3 years doing the same thing and there have been builds that have 100% uptime with it on several classes in that 3 year time span yet only now it’s OP as a base?

5 classes have abilities that remove the condition specifically, 5 have traits that reduce its duration.

The only real complaints I understand is from elementalists because it messes with their attunement swaps.

Anyone who thinks reaper is “op” and forgets there are ways to mitigate chill. Also they don’t like being killed by reapers because they are either dumb enough to take one on with no condi removal in melee range or to use cc’ s decently against them.

I’m not a fan of the reaper changes as they make them a target for people’s rage despite not having been in the meta this season and now they want to nerf the core aspect of reaper, which is chill.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

You can not compare Chill and Alac.
Chill is a removable debuff, You can not remove Alac.
So this thread is invalid.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Alacrity has nothing to do with chill.

Attachments:

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

And nerf it down to 33%, its so kittening broken and reaper takes it to another lvl…

After 3 years chill is suddenly a problem so we should nerf it for all classes? An eye for an eye does not justify nerfs. Necromancers always had a lot of sources of chill, now it just does damage. If you want to nerf it, fine. Make it a condition that you can’t cleanse, or strip. Have fun with that.

What bothers me the most about this thread is that the OP specifically thinks the cooldown increase needs to be nerfed, which has clearly not been a problem for 3 years, but now that alacrity is nerfed, chill must be nerfed. Your mesmer tears are delicious.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

(edited by Jelzouki.4128)

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

And nerf it down to 33%, its so kittening broken and reaper takes it to another lvl…

After 3 years chill is suddenly a problem so we should nerf it for all classes? An eye for an eye does not justify nerfs. Necromancers always had a lot of sources of chill, now it just does damage. If you want to nerf it, fine. Make it a condition that you can’t cleanse, or strip. Have fun with that.

Necromancers has 3 traits that apply chill, 3 traits that improves chill and 2 traits that benefit from chill.

And the kicker is, ALL of the traits are very much meta. This isn’t Elemental Surge for Elementalist, all of the traits are very useful. Even if you are not condition, 1 or 2 of the OPTIONAL ones still work great if you are running power.

And chill has been an iffy issue since release, Freeze Grenade used to apply ~20 seconds of chill along with it’s brother Poison Grenade which applied a full minute of poison.

What being said here isn’t reduce the amount of chill, just reduce how much it slows recharges. Like Alacity, in a game of cooldowns, the longer your cooldowns the more vulnerable you are and the less damage you can overall deal.
Unlike Alacity, it cannot be removed and once again you morons forgot boon duration is a thing. Alacity is uber-strong right now and making it removable and affected by boon duration will open it up to be significantly stronger. Unless you actually want unkillable bunker mesmers 2.0: 1v5 edition.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

“What being said here isn’t reduce the amount of chill, just reduce how much it slows recharges.”
This is the point its been this way for 3 years yet now its a problem? There have been 100% chill builds before in the past 3 years yet now its an issue?

“Like Alacity, in a game of cooldowns, the longer your cooldowns the more vulnerable you are and the less damage you can overall deal.”
You just described one of the concepts of attrition. Which class is designed around this concept? Necro. Which class also lacks active defense and mobility? Necro.

If alacrity was never introduced into the game and subsequently changed to a lower % would people even care about chills recharge? They havent for the past 3 years so why now all of a sudden? Its also part of the group of conditions with the easiest ways to remove them, movement impairing conditions.

Half the reason alacrity got nerfed is because of pve. Why isnt even hard to figure out.

in PvP

Tim.6450

Necromancers has 3 traits that apply chill, 3 traits that improves chill and 2 traits that benefit from chill.

Strange classification of skills. Considering I see 4 traits that apply chill.

And the kicker is, ALL of the traits are very much meta. This isn’t Elemental Surge for Elementalist, all of the traits are very useful. Even if you are not condition, 1 or 2 of the OPTIONAL ones still work great if you are running power.

Chilling darkness is 100% not meta. I could make an argument against chilling nova as well but I don’t know if people actually run this varaiant. Also you make it sound that traits benefit from a condition means that the condition needs to be nerfed. Which is not the case.

And chill has been an iffy issue since release, Freeze Grenade used to apply ~20 seconds of chill along with it’s brother Poison Grenade which applied a full minute of poison.

This is a problem of grenades not chill.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

+1 to this suggestion.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Chilling darkness is 100% not meta. I could make an argument against chilling nova as well but I don’t know if people actually run this varaiant. Also you make it sound that traits benefit from a condition means that the condition needs to be nerfed. Which is not the case.

Either the traits are too powerful, or that chill is really good.

So what you are saying, nerf all the traits, which I’m all for that. Except that will hurt the Reaper overall.

Chill doesn’t make Reaper powerful. Reaper makes chill powerful. There is a massive difference between the two.

Weakening chill will have the least impact for the class and it doesn’t even affect the reapers ability to close targets, all it does is allow the target a slightly better chance at recovery.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

This here is why I don’t want Necro/Reaper to be buffed to meta pvp level. People always hate what is on top, Anet caters to noobs, Anet sucks at making small balance changes, they always buff/nerf to the extreme.

On the other hand, it will feel kinda nice having everyone envy us Reapers and tell us how op we are. All dem tears.

P.S. – I don’t care if you think Chill is too strong or not, it’s been the same way for over three years now and will probably never be changed. So………deal with it. Muhahahahaha.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

I think everyone should CHILL out!

in PvP

Tim.6450

Either the traits are too powerful, or that chill is really good.

So what you are saying, nerf all the traits, which I’m all for that. Except that will hurt the Reaper overall.

First I’m not saying nerf all the traits only the ones that are out of line. Finding which trait is out of line is a debate in itself. The extremely powerfull ‘damaging chill’ people see is the culmination of a lot of traits. Also nerfing chill will nerf the reaper overall as well.

Chill doesn’t make Reaper powerful. Reaper makes chill powerful. There is a massive difference between the two.

It is because of this that nerfing chill in generam is not a good idea.

Weakening chill will have the least impact for the class and it doesn’t even affect the reapers ability to close targets, all it does is allow the target a slightly better chance at recovery.

Weakening chill will have the biggest impact for the class (even the game) since it affects multiple skills/traits spread over both the elite and the core. Weakening it does affect it ability to close targets since they can teleport,leap,… much sooner.

EverythingOP