Give us the Choice to PvP ANYWHERE!

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

how about NO?

open world PvP would kill the game in 3 days flat.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

how about NO?

As I said all carebears can safely crab their PvE megaservers.

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

So basically you want WvW?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No need for a seperate pvp server; just an on/off switch to get into the pvp mode is enough

They had that in other games (Knight Online comes to mind as does Allods Online)and guess what, there was a way to turn other players flags on and off with an exploit. No to open world PvP, there are other games for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

With better scenery – like the Brand for example.

in PvP

Dusty Moon.4382

how about NO?

If you want Open World PvP there are games designed just for that (ArcheAge, Allods Online and, others).

Can’t y’all get it through your heads, this game was not designed to allow for Open World PvP so they made the Mists for that.

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Nothing like Linage 2 PVP.

in PvP

xbutcherx.3861

how about NO?

You think? There are more people in WvW that in PvE.

in PvP

Dusty Moon.4382

how about NO?

There is a huge difference between WvW and Open World PvP – one Guilds seem to do more and more cooperation between guilds and the other is just out and out ganking. WvW is more organized than the other.

I think Open World PvP WOULD kill the game and the RP’ers would leave since it is immersion killing for them.

in PvP

xbutcherx.3861

how about NO?

There is a huge difference between WvW and Open World PvP – one Guilds seem to do more and more cooperation between guilds and the other is just out and out ganking. WvW is more organized than the other.

I think Open World PvP WOULD kill the game and the RP’ers would leave since it is immersion killing for them.

How about PvE servers for the carebears and PvP servers for us?

in PvP

Posted by: Trickeri.9871

Trickeri.9871

With better scenery – like the Brand for example.

This, that is all. I have 0 reason to play in any of the PvE maps with the current state of endgame with the exception of world bosses. That makes me a sad panda because so many of the maps are awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

The thing is that all the PvP players already play PvP in PvP matches. If we were out in Queensburg or wherever, we wouldn’t be PvP players.

I’m not sure whom open world PvP would benefit, honestly. If you’re a PvPer, you’re already playing PvP. If you’re a PvEer, you probably don’t want PvP in your PvE area. There are some people who do both, but I’m not sure why having both in the same area is so important.

in PvP

Posted by: Trickeri.9871

Trickeri.9871

IndigoSundown.5419, if this interferes with the lore too much for you, explain WvW and Edge of The Mists lol.

The developers have “explained” WvW. WvW takes place in the Mists, not in the World. Invaders and Defenders are from different versions of Tyria — the old parallel worlds thing. Edge of the Mists is, similarly, in the Mists. Buy it or not, that is the “lore” reason for WvW PvP combat. If you want to lol about lore arguments, understand the lore first.

Besides, I said nothing about my reactions to lore. My objections to PvP in the PvE environment do not stem from lore reasons.

Why not call it mists versions of the maps? Ex. “The Mists of Frostgorge” and they became available from some alternate-universe-interdimensional portal that the Asura created.

As for technical implications, there are likely very few because all the work has been done by putting the megaserver in place. I’ve said this two other times in the thread but I’m sure that the only thing preventing us from bashing players of opposing color in any given PvE map right now is a simple boolean variable stored on our accounts called WvW Mode Enabled: True/False that just flips between the two states when we change from a PvE map and a WvW. None of the abilities change function or anything bizarre like that when we go to a WvW map. People saying that a complete overhaul of the events and questing system baffle me it should all just remain the same.

in PvP

Curunen.8729

IndigoSundown.5419, if this interferes with the lore too much for you, explain WvW and Edge of The Mists lol.

The developers have “explained” WvW. WvW takes place in the Mists, not in the World. Invaders and Defenders are from different versions of Tyria — the old parallel worlds thing. Edge of the Mists is, similarly, in the Mists. Buy it or not, that is the “lore” reason for WvW PvP combat. If you want to lol about lore arguments, understand the lore first.

Besides, I said nothing about my reactions to lore. My objections to PvP in the PvE environment do not stem from lore reasons.

Why not call it mists versions of the maps? Ex. “The Mists of Frostgorge” and they became available from some alternate-universe-interdimensional portal that the Asura created.

As for technical implications, there are likely very few because all the work has been done by putting the megaserver in place. I’ve said this two other times in the thread but I’m sure that the only thing preventing us from bashing players of opposing color in any given PvE map right now is a simple boolean variable stored on our accounts called WvW Mode Enabled: True/False that just flips between the two states when we change from a PvE map and a WvW. None of the abilities change function or anything bizarre like that when we go to a WvW map. People saying that a complete overhaul of the events and questing system baffle me it should all just remain the same.

Nice idea!

So a “mist” version of every pve map (added one by one, like EotM, because I doubt it would be possible all at once), with altered/removed events and made pvp viable?

Would save some work instead of creating maps from scratch (like EotM), and could easily be explained through lore similar to the wvw maps (memories, parallel worlds, etc).

Anyway, I don’t understand why people keep complaining about ganking – I don’t think anyone in support of pvp on pve maps is wanting to force it on pveers, so that counter argument is completely pointless. Is it so hard to imagine two separate instances, so every player has the option of how they want to play?

The only counter argument with any substance is – how much workload will this realistically require, and will it cause other areas of development to be neglected – and this can only be answered by the devs. Anything else is just limiting your imagination.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

The problem with pvp is that has no in-game purpose. You are not fighting for your faction or your guild. You are fighting just because.

And IMHO some situations where there is open world pvp might actually be nice: it’s hard for me to feel engaged in a world where all enemies I find are weaklings or big punchbags bound to get zerged to death.

No offense, but sometimes I feel like this game should be called Carebear Wars 2 instead of Guild Wars 2.XD

Also because there are no fights among guilds. Which is SAD.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Dusty Moon.4382

how about NO?

The game IS NOT DESIGNED FOR OPEN WORLD PvP – what part of that don’t you understand? A.net has even said that in many posts.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

PvP servers – hold the node to use the waypoint.

GO EOTM ITS THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

xbutcherx.3861

how about NO?

The game IS NOT DESIGNED FOR OPEN WORLD PvP – what part of that don’t you understand? A.net has even said that in many posts.

Yeah I saw many games that are not design for something and ended up doing it anyways. Why are you afraid of open world PvP?

in PvP

xbutcherx.3861

PvP servers – hold the node to use the waypoint.

GO EOTM ITS THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eotm is the most carebear PvP map I have ever seen, all they do is whine because of PvP.

in PvP

Curunen.8729

The problem with pvp is that has no in-game purpose. You are not fighting for your faction or your guild. You are fighting just because.

And IMHO some situations where there is open world pvp might actually be nice: it’s hard for me to feel engaged in a world where all enemies I find are weaklings or big punchbags bound to get zerged to death.

No offense, but sometimes I feel like this game should be called Carebear Wars 2 instead of Guild Wars 2.XD

True, you could say there is no purpose if copying a zone like Metrica Province into the mists, and adapting the events etc for pvp. But it can be given a purpose similar to how wvw has a purpose. The only difference is you’re on another map (like EotM), which gives you a variety in the landscape.

For players who find open world pve combat insanely boring at end game, there is no reason to revisit 90% of the world space created for this game (not taking into account dungeon and fractal maps…), which is a huge loss for these playeres in that they can’t enjoy what I consider to be one of the best aspects of GW2 – the art and design of pve maps.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

how about NO?

Yeah I saw many games that are not design for something and ended up doing it anyways. Why are you afraid of open world PvP?

He scare to be alone at PvE server after this patch)

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

True, you could say there is no purpose if copying a zone like Metrica Province into the mists, and adapting the events etc for pvp. But it can be given a purpose similar to how wvw has a purpose. The only difference is you’re on another map (like EotM), which gives you a variety in the landscape.

For players who find open world pve combat insanely boring at end game, there is no reason to revisit 90% of the world space created for this game (not taking into account dungeon and fractal maps…), which is a huge loss for these playeres in that they can’t enjoy what I consider to be one of the best aspects of GW2 – the art and design of pve maps.

When I talk about purpose, I mean something that makes sense in the game world.

Like for example joining with the flame legion as a mercenary and kill Vigil. Or become a cultist of Zhaitan and hunt down Pact scouts. Stuff like that.

WvsWvsW feels too much “strapped on”

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Curunen.8729

When I talk about purpose, I mean something that makes sense in the game world.

Like for example joining with the flame legion as a mercenary and kill Vigil. Or become a cultist of Zhaitan and hunt down Pact scouts. Stuff like that.

WvsWvsW feels too much “strapped on”

I get you. I think there’s two different approaches to the situation going on here:
- enabling open world pvp in Tyria
- copying maps of Tyria into the mists, either as casual pvp areas like eotm, or adapting them with wvw objectives (this is the difficult part, which could prevent it from being possible).

The latter wouldn’t require any purpose in the way you describe, other than what we usually get with wvw/eotm. Would have to remove/change npcs in the maps, event chains, certain building structures…. this is where I think it could prove impossible to do unfortunately.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

how about NO?

99% of the population are carebears and im not exageratting. Even if there was an Anet employee with the guts to push this idea through, NCsoft would never allow it.

It is also against hteir philosophy of player together vs. mobs, shared mining, dynamic event helping without being in party….. Dueling however is a feature were all waiting for since launch

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

If I were a dev reading this topic, the extreme use of the word “carebear” would be enough to make me vow never to implement PvP in PvE areas. Ever.

Urban dictionary’s sample sentence for “carebear” is—and I kid you not—

“Me and the boyz [yes with a z] used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the d—-ed carebears got the rules changed.”

Yes, that is the word being used here.

I don’t PvE because I don’t enjoy it. I like PvP. So I play in PvP areas against other PvPers. I’d advise anyone who enjoys PvPing to do the same. Because the devs certainly aren’t going to be listening to any ideas presented in this thread.

in PvP

xbutcherx.3861

If I were a dev reading this topic, the extreme use of the word “carebear” would be enough to make me vow never to implement PvP in PvE areas. Ever.

Urban dictionary’s sample sentence for “carebear” is—and I kid you not—

“Me and the boyz [yes with a z] used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the d—-ed carebears got the rules changed.”

Yes, that is the word being used here.

I don’t PvE because I don’t enjoy it. I like PvP. So I play in PvP areas against other PvPers. I’d advise anyone who enjoys PvPing to do the same. Because the devs certainly aren’t going to be listening to any ideas presented in this thread.

Well then is a good thing you are not a Dev, and also maybe you don’t know but they do see the ideas on the forums and implement them in their own way.
Also I really doubt you are a PvPer.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

how about NO?

99% of the population are carebears and im not exageratting. Even if there was an Anet employee with the guts to push this idea through, NCsoft would never allow it.

Any smart company isn’t going to waste their resources on trying to force open world PvP in a game in which the mechanics actively work against such a concept.

If an Arenanet employee suggest that, they should be immediately fired since a) they don’t understand their own game. b) don’t understand how expensive it will cost to change the systems to allow open world PvP. c) spending money to cater to a population that is literally infinitesimal when compared to PvE.

There is a reason why there are few games that have an extensive amount of open world PvP, even games with open world PvP servers tend to be dead or dying significantly faster than PvE servers is because the people that want open world PvP, want to fight people other than actual PvPers. So with ganking (PvEers) at a minimum, they eventually quit.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Well then is a good thing you are not a Dev, and also maybe you don’t know but they do see the ideas on the forums and implement them in their own way.
Also I really doubt you are a PvPer.

Definitely, the devs take suggestions from the forums all the time. I just don’t think they will take this one.

If you’re wondering whether or not I’m really a PvPer, it’s very easy to check. I was making a gentle jab at the thread as a whole, nothing more. Carry on!

in PvP

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Nice job ignoring what I said.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This thread doesn’t belong in sPvP subforum. It belongs back at the Guild Wars 2 discussion thread.

This forum is not about general PvP. It is about sPvP, which is conquest. Once again, the mods messed up.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Here is a good example. I was showing some friends obsidian sanctum for the first time the other day while playing my ranger. I spotted some fool from another server ahead of us and used my longbow knockback to decimate his progress in the puzzle hahaa. Maybe if he’d been more aware of his surroundings he could have popped some stability but players in this game aren’t used to watching their back while doing solo PvE content.

Oh yes, if your suggestion is implemented, then I want the PvP flags to also work in Obsidian Sanctum. (Not in general WvW though.)

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I guess just killing everybody in open world area isnt that fun. just implementing moab type gamemode would be lot more fun!!

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!