Glaring sPVP issue

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: Cash Monkey.2963

Cash Monkey.2963

This isn’t about class imbalance, map prefrence, joining with friends, or any of that kind of “balance” or “quality of life” stuff. This is about a HORRIBLE game design issue that absolutely NEEDS to change.

This is about auto balancing. While this may seem like a nice feature, it isn’t, and I’ll explain why. At first glance, having the game auto balance the team for you when your team mates leave seems like a nice feature. The problem occurs when you are winning by such a large margin that the enemies start leaving, then the game starts taking players that should be winning, and puts them on a team that is often far beyond the point of return, often just a handfull of points before the game ends. It out right steals a victory from a winnig player, preventing them from gaining the bonus points, aswell as the satisfaction that comes from the success that they have earned.

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: Tarisuca.3142

Tarisuca.3142

In addition to that you do not get the points for the achivemetns.

GW1: Tarisuka The Monk, GW2: Warmonk Tarisuca
Get Ready Save Glory Boost [GrDy] RiP

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: Sonho.3697

Sonho.3697

I kinda agree with the auto balacing. They should impant a 20min lock if you leave the map before the game is over. its so bloody annoying to have a full team and then after 2min its only 2 left

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: Hudie.1795

Hudie.1795

Arenanet really need to address this tbh. Ive had this happen to myself on so many occasions and its really frustrating.

I think that the auto balance feature should be locked when a team approaches 400 points to make it fair on those who have been playing the entire game. Those who get switched teams should be chosen based on how long they have been in the battle and or their performance during the game (points earned).

Maybe implement a small penalty on those who have left a match because of a losing game? half glory and rank earned next match? no idea.

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: Xevron.2176

Xevron.2176

This is a pretty huge issue. I think the best fix would be to lock people into the game with an option of leaving for the first 60 seconds of joining. The deserter penalty from WoW penalizes people with bugs/disconnects too much and people will still leave. Lock ’em in and make ’em win.

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: Opulent.8971

Opulent.8971

While I agree that auto-balance is annoying, please do not assume to make it one of the most important issues in GW2 pvp. . . it doesn’t even effect tournaments.

Glaring sPVP issue

in PvP

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689