Glory Merchant???

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Wait, so if we had extra glory leftover, we can’t spend it on getting things I didn’t know I would need, like skill books to get the new GM traits??? So I’ve spent thousands of hours pvping, and I don’t have the ability to automatically unlock the new traits………. wow, I’m actually pretty mad.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

I’m mad too, I saved up glory for post patch on purpose to spend at the glory merch.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Lets not forget that you were above the 51~ so you got fewer tomes/skill points than them.

Double slap to the face

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: eCChi.1059

eCChi.1059

Guild Wars 1, we used factions to unlock stuffs, we are okay with that…

Guild Wars 2, we unlocked amours, but have to pay to use… We have to use gold to unlock traits and stuffs when we don’t PvE… Unfair playing ground between PvE and PvP-ers.

I just don’t get this system… Wonder how many more will leave this game due to this patch…

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Guys y’know how you were told over and over and over again to use up all your glory? And that it was going away for good after this patch?

There was even the long wait before today, during which you couldn’t earn more glory - did you not take this as a hint that you’d not be getting any more and you might want to spend it now?

l2read.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

In their defense, there was nothing In-game. ArenaNet really is bad at communicating.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: eCChi.1059

eCChi.1059

Some people don’t check forum or read announcement. Some people just read skills change logs during patches.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, ANET really messed up my removing glory. How hard is it to leave in glory for a period of time and stick the glory vendor in a corner somewhere. It is not hard.

Bad move ANET.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

I’ve read a lot and tried to keep us as much as possible.

they announced glory would be replaced with a new unlock system and that glory would be removed and to use up your pvp mats.

they NEVER mentioned you’d lose all of your stored glory and the glory merch would be removed.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Honestly I don’t have as much time to keep up with this stuff as I used to. I thought no new glory would be earned after patch, not that it was disappearing completely. If I had more time to read the development posts I probably would have known, but as it stands I lost like 700k glory that I could use to get skill books for my alts to try the new traits and theory craft for my team.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Skye.4983

Skye.4983

Hey devs, can we get an official response on this?

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Swiftborne.2650

Swiftborne.2650

Honestly I don’t have as much time to keep up with this stuff as I used to. I thought no new glory would be earned after patch, not that it was disappearing completely. If I had more time to read the development posts I probably would have known, but as it stands I lost like 700k glory that I could use to get skill books for my alts to try the new traits and theory craft for my team.

Holy kitten that sucks man. I had about as much glory as you did (750k I believe?) and was able to get 5 chars to 80 (still have enough to get 2 lvl 1 chars to 80 as well) and get full Arah gear for light, med, and heavy. You got shafted hard dude.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I think it would be a simple fix for Anet to put back the glory vendor for a set period of time with an in game email stating that all glory will be removed by such and such date. In other words, you won’t even see it in your wallet.

With that said, the announcements are posted right on the game launcher. There was plenty of notice. Although, it would be wise of Anet to allow players to still spend glory, even though you can’t earn it anymore, for an extended period of time.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

They only said that glory was being removed/replaced with another unlock mechanic.

They never said we’d lose all saved glory and merch/ability to spend what we had left. Re adding the merch/our glory for a set time is something they should absotutely do.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

They have been telling us to spend glory for like 2 months already. Don’t blame Anet for this one.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Skye.4983

They did not communicate anything about there being a drop dead date on glory. So yeah, I am going to blame Anet, because they deserve it.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

They have been telling us to spend glory for like 2 months already. Don’t blame Anet for this one.

I dare you to find that post. There have been posts, but never did they clarify we’d lose saved glory and the merchant.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I dare you to find that post. There have been posts, but never did they clarify we’d lose saved glory and the merchant.

….Twitch casts, dulfy reveals, the devs have been pretty emphatic about Glory going Away completely. “Spend your glory now, it’s going away”

I just got back from a 6 month break, and even I knew glory was going the way of the dodo.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

I looked around a lot also the last few days to see if this was definitely going away on 4/15 and I couldn’t find one solid answer. I decided to be safe and spend my glory yesterday morning pre-patch. Glad I did, but really some better communication and a drop-dead date would’ve been nice. They dropped it to make room on the account wallet for their fancy transmutation charges

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

they NEVER mentioned you’d lose all of your stored glory and the glory merch would be removed.

They did. I answered such a question many times in this sub-forum and I got an official response from a dev through a PM.

You should have simply asked.

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Sylanna.1947

They did. I answered such a question many times in this sub-forum and I got an official response from a dev through a PM.

That sounds like a great system. Every player come to the forums and individually ask and hope that a dev sends you a PM. Wonderful idea!

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

That sounds like a great system. Every player come to the forums and individually ask and hope that a dev sends you a PM. Wonderful idea![/quote]

Literally no; they’ve been doing twitch podcasts which have said that glory is going away for MONTHS now, as far away as before I took a break from the game.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Glory vendor and glory should have stayed until well after this patch. I am still positive on this patch but they made some curious decisions to say the least. Have they ever explained why leaving the glory vendor in was so problematic?

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Skye.4983

Twitch podcasts? Why couldn’t they have a bloody post on the website that said “GLORY WILL BE ERASED ON THE 15TH, SPEND IT NOW”? Find me one of those, please.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

….Twitch casts, dulfy reveals, the devs have been pretty emphatic about Glory going Away completely. “Spend your glory now, it’s going away”

I just got back from a 6 month break, and even I knew glory was going the way of the dodo.

If I have to hunt down everything post/video just to get clarity, something is wrong. So you say they clarified it one time, with one statement inside an hour long video. Not accceptable. And having a fan transcribe that video is no excuse.

There should have been a blog post with the clarity, an email, an in game letter. Something direct.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

They posted links to the podcasts :/
There’s countless dev posts if you go back far enough, You have to go back pretty far.

You’re the type of people they put “Warning, may cause holes in clothing” stickers on firearms for.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Sylanna.1947

I think an in-game mail would have been very nice. “Hey, glory will be removed along with the vendor as of 4/15”. I mean, hire me for 20 seconds and I’ll do it for you next time.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

the fact this thread and discussion is happening is proof they could have done a better job.

#2centsworth

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Sylanna.1947

I’m sure if they were ending Karma there would’ve been a parade and an in-game “end of karma” event to ensure everyone was well aware.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I’m sure if they were ending Karma there would’ve been a parade and an in-game “end of karma” event to ensure everyone was well aware.

Actually they did end karma consumables working with %modifiers and there really was no messages on the forums the socshmeat(Reddit/Facebook/Twitch) and they did refunds,

But in THIS situation There were MANY MANY posts on the forums, Reddit, facebook, Twitch, and word of mouth if you didn’t log on for a long long time and didnt interact with people offline then it’s not anyone’s fault.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Skye.4983

No, there weren’t. Show my a post where it clearly states that all glory after April 15th will be lost. Why are you even in this thread? If you managed to figure out that glory will be lost after last patch, good for you.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

In their defense, there was nothing In-game. ArenaNet really is bad at communicating.

Yea, there really needs to be something as simple as a window showing patch notes at the launcher. Unless you follow forums, facebook, or twitter, you’ll miss out on a ton of official info.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game.

Glory Gain has been disabled for a while now. There’s hint number two.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

Here’s hint number 3, everything else relating to glory/pvp crafting is being removed. why would you think that your glory would stay?

Did you have any reason to think that it was staying?

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Skye.4983

Because COMMON SENSE, you don’t simply erase a currency thats been in the game since the very beginning without a grace period. And when you do, you make certain it’s been clearly communicated. None of those posts say “GLORY WILL BE ERASED.” Going away is not the same as losing it completely.

Why are you are arguing anyway? Pull your nose out of Anet’s rear end and go play the game you so clearly enjoy. I want to see a dev response to this.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Because COMMON SENSE, you don’t simply erase a currency thats been in the game since the very beginning without a grace period. And when you do, you make certain it’s been clearly communicated. None of those posts say “GLORY WILL BE ERASED.” Going away is not the same as losing it completely.

Why are you are arguing anyway? Pull your nose out of Anet’s rear end and go play the game you so clearly enjoy. I want to see a dev response to this.

There’s really no need for a dev response there has been countless blog posts threads videos which you don’t actually care to look for so neither will I.

5 month Grace period has been in effect SINCE DECEMBER. Everybody knew it.

“Going away=!Removed” Semantics, really?

All common sense points to glory Going away forever unless you haven’t played for over 8 months or just started playing 5 days ago, in which case you wouldn’t have glory.

If I was a dev I wouldn’t post in this thread you clearly can’t be reasoned with.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/player-vs-player-rewards-roadmap/

Once this new system is in place, glory will be retired as a currency, and gold will be the standard currency across the game.

Glory Gain has been disabled for a while now. There’s hint number two.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

Here’s hint number 3, everything else relating to glory/pvp crafting is being removed. why would you think that your glory would stay?

Did you have any reason to think that it was staying?

WE ALL KNEW GLORY WAS BEING REPLACED. That’s not the debate. The issue is that they did not clarify that we would be unable to access our earned/stored glory post patch. They did not state our amassed glory would be wiped out along with the merchant.

Apparently, they did say this once in a video, maybe also in a comment somewhere on the forums, but that’s an unaccaptable way to make a clarification.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

The issue is that they posted ‘glory will be removed/replaced’ and a portion of players assumed that also meant the merch, and a portion of players assumed they’d still have access to what they had earned thus far.

Anet clarified this by making a statement in a video, and maybe a comment in a thread?

That clarity/detail is a pretty big one and you can’t expect the entire community to pour over every comment/tweet/facebook post/reddit thread to figure it out.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

The reason I’m upset is because I play a lot, I read nearly every blog post and official thread, I watch most of the videos and social media. I’m extremely well informed compared to the typical player, and if I missed this bit of detail then it wasn’t obvious enough. I read a lot, but I can’t read every single comment. Nore am I going to make a post every time I have a question. I shouldn’t have to make a post every time or search for days for something so important. It shoudl have been WAY more obvious than it was. And when I say ‘it’ I’m not talking about the removal/replacement of glory. I knew that, in fact I gathered that way before they ever announced it and specificically began saving glory 6th months ago. When they finally made the announcement I was already ready, and I opted to not spend mine until post patch bc I wanted to see the wardrobe first. The ‘IT’ im referring to is that I wouldn’t be able to access what I had already earned and that the merch was being removed.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

(edited by Beorn Saxon.4762)

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

:/ I dunno, If you think your argument holds water put in a ticket.

I frankly don’t see it, there was multiple references to the glory going away, the merchant being temporary till the new system is in, and that the new system was coming on april 15th.

More then that, there were multiple warnings to open chests get every skin possible and also use up any crafting mats because they would “disappear on log on” in multiple dev posts.

Just put in a ticket :/ how much glory did you lose? Depending on how many people were actually effected by this problem, maybe they’ll give you a small refund of some kind like 3gold per 5k glory ( which was how much they gave us on christmas)

I have a friend who lost 600k glory, but he was like ’hey, my fault"

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

:/ I dunno, If you think your argument holds water put in a ticket.

I have a friend who lost 600k glory, but he was like ’hey, my fault"

I plan on submitting a ticket. But getting results is a combination of submitting tickets and getting out awareness of the issue via a thread. If it was my fault and I was the only one that was in this situation, then I’d be more prone to deal with it. However, if there are a lot of players in the same boat…I’m not so sure it was our fault.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

A-net tolled every one many many times, in the forums and Ready Up’s to spend all your glory before the patch. They told us to spend it on chests to have as many skins unlocked as possible, I did that and the ppl I play with did the same, if you did not, shame on you, you were warned and had 3-4 weeks to do it.

A-net specifically said that Glory would be removed, WHY would you “save” some for after the patch?! it obviously got deleted as they said it would be…

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

Can anyone link a blog or thread (that was started by anet) stating the merchant would be removed along with your saved glory?

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

As much as you would like everyone to believe the forums/twitch don’t make up a large portion of the game. Anet handled this poorly. They should have used that annoying Scarlets minions message and replaced it with glory is being removed in the coming weeks.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

Thanks, I re-read over this and it is in here. I read it when it first came out two months ago, but I don’t recall noticing that detail when I first read it. I remembered reading…

1. Losing the ability to earn it
  2. Merch would stay for you to spend it

The phrase ‘until the patch’ must have been overshadowed by the rest of the blog so that is my bad. A bit more emphasis may have helped me out there. But for everyone else that didn’t read that blog, there was no other notification for them. It’s still an unfortunate situation for many players and I honestly don’t see what the harm would have been to let the merch overlap with the wardrobe system :/

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Heltzer.2435

Heltzer.2435

I believe Anet should have had some sort of mass communication center where players of their game could log in and have access of all the newest offical information. Perhaps it could be divided into forums and sub forums for easy selections…oh and players could add their thoughts and opinions as well.

Oh wait….

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

I believe Anet should have had some sort of mass communication center where players of their game could log in and have access of all the newest offical information. Perhaps it could be divided into forums and sub forums for easy selections…oh and players could add their thoughts and opinions as well.

Oh wait….

What’s the point if anet doesnt make official threads with the details? They only leave comments on existing player threads or tweet it out. I’d come here for official info if they actually utilized it that way. They don’t.

Yesterday tons of players lost the ability to type in game. I came to the threads, tons of ppl posting they had the same issue…for two hours, no responce. So i check twitter, oh yeah, they made a tweet acknowleding the issue over an hour ago. Great thanks -.-

Point being, their communication methods are unpredictable and unreliable. You never know where to find the info you need.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

That sounds like a great system. Every player come to the forums and individually ask and hope that a dev sends you a PM. Wonderful idea!

I haven’t asked on the forum hoping for a PM. I did PM a developer, and he answered me. It’s better than writing randomly on forums and hoping

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Posted by: Heltzer.2435

Heltzer.2435

A random bug that took a few hours to correct is way different than the removing of glory that has been communicated over the last two months.

Perhaps people should accept some personal responsibility over their glory loss instead of looking to blame the other guy. Anet overall did a good job with this patch.

Glory Merchant???

in PvP

Beorn Saxon.4762

I haven’t asked on the forum hoping for a PM. I did PM a developer, and he answered me. It’s better than writing randomly on forums and hoping

Okay great, so once that dev starts getting hundreds of PMs a day, maybe they’ll start improving their mass communication efforts.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]