Glory booster circular logic

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

So um, why do the chests we can buy from vendors still drop glory boosters instead of gear/dye/finishers?

We’re expected to spend glory, but one of the ways to spend glory has a relatively high chance (at least one every few chests) of dropping a glory booster, and there’s no real way to use up these glory boosters at this rate.

Why have the boosters not been removed from chests, giving us better access to the rewards, if we’re actually expected to use them all up?

in PvP

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Black Lion chests still drop glory boosters for me, achievement point chests still drop glory boosters for me, tournament chests still drop glory boosters for me… Geting -1 item on all of them since it will be deleted. Thank you anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

thx anet for giving pvp so much reward till start …
I have more than 500 booster left now some math:

1/03 → 18/03 = 18 days * 24h = 432

So even if i play 24/24 for 18d i’ll won’t use all of them

As someone already said, all is vain …

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Why am I still getting virtually useless boosters from achievement chests, reward chests and random rewards?

/edit:
Just got one from blacklion chest… really really useful.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

This isn’t circular reasoning.

We’re not saying we are going to do nothing because we said we would do nothing.

We’re saying we won’t change direction (from the previously stated plans) because it would put many players at a disadvantage, and on top of that these players would be hurt because they listened to us.

Keep in mind, more people used boosters than did not.

I would point out a parallel issue happening with the Living Story. Anet previously stated that Scarlet’s Lair would remain. And so it did – minus the chests that players actually cared about. When some people found that the chests were gone, they just deleted all their leftover ciphers. And then later, Anet said they would restore the chests. Presumably, Anet is not going to go back and restore the ciphers to all the people who deleted them because Anet misled them. Wouldn’t it be “fair” then, to also not restore the chests? Why the double standard?

We seriously considered many different options, and doing nothing seemed the most fair. Do you disagree?

I disagree with framing this as an issue of fairness, as it implies that Anet is interested in producing a fair outcome that can be had. I think the only fair solution would have been for Anet to set out with the intention of compensating players for what Anet intended to take away. The fact is that Anet did not do this, so everything that follows is unfair – not between different groups of players, but between all players and Anet. None of the players in this matter have done anything to provoke having their rewards taken away or being forced to use/waste their rewards under duress. Do you disagree with that? Anet has already unjustly inflicted one form of punishment on one group of players, and according to some seriously disturbed sense of equality, we are now hearing Anet say that the fairest solution is to now unjustly inflict an even greater punishment on the remaining players.

So the correct frame of questioning is not a matter of fairness, because Anet already messed that up. The question now is how many more players Anet intends to screw, and how hard Anet intends to screw them. Do you honestly believe that extending this policy to inflict as much damage on every player as possible is actually the best, fairest solution that can reasonably be implemented?

But that’s getting ahead of ourselves. Let’s go back and ask why it is that Anet did not implement a fair solution in the first place. I can’t help but notice that Anet never consulted with the player community over what we’d like to happen with existing rewards that had to be removed. They didn’t have to ask, since it’s obvious that the players would have asked for some form of compensation. And yet there was none. So we can only assume that Anet didn’t ask because they didn’t want to give players a chance to voice those concerns. “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.” And further it’s probably safe to assume that Anet wanted to commit to this course of action because it’s much easier to simply delete our stuff than to come up with an exit strategy that is reasonably fair for everyone. I don’t think “doing nothing” is the fairest reasonable solution that can be made. This forum is already full of possible alternatives. However, I do think that “doing nothing” is the only solution you ever intended to use, for reasons of convenience, and everything else you’ve said is an attempt to rationalize the laziness of this approach. Have I said anything that is off-base? If so, please explain how deleting rewards with no compensation ever made it onto the table. As is, the best explanation we have is Grey’s Law.

I don’t actually expect anything to change for glory or for PvP items, though would be pleasantly surprised if Anet took responsibility for this debacle. I write this in the hopes that in the future Anet will not be so cavalier in deleting the rewards that players have worked hard to earn, nor so arrogant in expecting players to accept such consequences without challenge.

in PvP

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

People who bought boosters can file a ticket for a refund. See: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/March-18th-Glory-change-FAQ/

So what about Glory boosters from black lion chests (which were also bought with gems)?

in PvP

Posted by: IKaikiasI.1932

IKaikiasI.1932

This is just a ridiculous joke. People played months to be able to get these boosters and now we get nothing for our efford.

Frustrating! End of story.

in PvP

Posted by: Kim.4152

Kim.4152

So what about Glory boosters from black lion chests (which were also bought with gems)?

I sent a ticket to support asking about this and was told there will definitely be no compensation whatsoever for glory boosters other than those bought directly from the gem store so people who have bought keys for BLCs are SOL. Whoever is making these decisions is being very short-sighted and not very wise.

Fantastically Ridiculous And Unfair Decision.

Edited to add: I specifically asked for an explanation as to why people who acquired these boosters via BLC (note they still drop according to others) are not eligible for compensation but was given no explanation. The response was simply “As stated, we will only be offering a replacement of gems to those that purchased the boosters directly from the gem store. Glory Boosters obtained via any other means will not be eligible for this service.” I think we are entitled to an explanation yet they refuse to offer one.

(edited by Kim.4152)

in PvP

Posted by: cerberus.1937

cerberus.1937

now now didn’t the last patch say they wanted to be fair? they wont give us anything at all not even partial glory from what we saved and earned since day 1, but remember the pve players that casually started playing pvp since they introduced actual rewards aka gold got to use theirs so all is fair even if the pvp players are getting all their pvp daily rewards since day 1 just deleted without anything in return. I think that by fair they mean same thing will happen to pve we should expect to see karma deleted as a currency along with all other pve daily rewards since day 1 (too sarcastic?) im sure anyone could imagine the reaction to that the forums would flood with the pve masses and the idea would change or compensate like when they took away bonus glory from boosters on consumables.

long story short at this point I don’t even think they care as long as the pve players got their few boosters used doesn’t matter that the pvp masses still have hundreds of boosters and crafting mats left despite using them from when we were told. take a look at the state of pvp at tell me honestly march 18 not improvements just basically deleting all our hard work really………I got nothing else to say on that.

pve constantly preferential treatment in rewards, updates, attention, ect

pvp constantly under rewarded, constantly ignored, and now deleting all daily items pvp players worked for since game launched

come march 18th id be amazed if there are any pvp players left that are not just pve casuals or ach hunters just for rank points

I stuck with pvp since beginning through all the bad and the very bad, but I cant put any positive spin on flat out deleting things people worked over a year for.

unless they find a way to at least give the pvp players something for the items they worked for since day 1 this will probably be the last straw in the pvp story

is it too much to just reward something like 100 glory for each un used booster?
here is the math
no game lasts 14 min unless they are farming but we will use 2x the norm 7 min games
14 min game 1 hour booster 4 games per booster ex 400 glory MINIMUM USED
those that used them got the 400+ for them

those that tried but couldn’t use them is 100 glory per booster really that much or you still insist we deserve nothing for working for these every day since start?

(edited by cerberus.1937)

in PvP

Kim.4152

Tried to edit my post above but it would not let me. I forgot to mention that I asked for an explanation as to why there was no compensation offered for those who received their glory boosters via BLC with keys they purchased. Their response was “As stated, we will only be offering a replacement of gems to those that purchased the boosters directly from the gem store. Glory Boosters obtained via any other means will not be eligible for this service.” Of course, their reply was neither an explanation nor a justification for their planned actions. I don’t know why they have difficulty understanding that people who paid money for something are being ripped off for part of their purchase – that is a very questionable way to operate.

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Haha I just can’t seem to get rid of all my boosters. I’ll use them, gain glory, use the glory on chests and then end up with some more boosters. And the cycle continues.

Can’t I have dye instead of these kitten things?

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I tried eating my left over glory boosters for breakfast.

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Their reasoning is this:

- people who used all of their boosters are duped, if we compensate people who could not use their boosters before 18 March.

How are people duped if they used their boosters? I mean, really, how are they duped for having earned double glory all that time?

I can only think of people who are duped not having been able to use all of their boosters within the time given to them. For them, there is nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

Their reasoning is this:

- people who used all of their boosters are duped, if we compensate people who could not use their boosters before 18 March.

How are people duped if they used their boosters? I mean, really, how are they duped for having earned double glory all that time?

I can only think of people who are duped not having been able to use all of their boosters within the time given to them. For them, there is nothing.

Any sort of compensation/exchange for boosters hurts those who used them already. Lets assume player A has 250 boosters and player B who saw they were removing glory and used all his boosters ahead of time. Anet announces today they will compensate the removal by exchanging 1 booster for 1 gold. Player A is out 250 gold and B is happy, where +50% more glory for 250 hours is less valuable because glory will no longer have any value (not that it did have much value until recent kodan vendor).

The exchange doesn’t have to be gold, it can be anything (another booster, skins, etc.). Point is that anything is better than +50% glory… since glory won’t have any value

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

(edited by manysongsgw.2931)

in PvP

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Any sort of compensation/exchange for boosters hurts those who used them already. Lets assume player A has 250 boosters and player B who saw they were removing glory and used all his boosters ahead of time. Anet announces today they will compensate the removal by exchanging 1 booster for 1 gold. Player A is out 250 gold and B is happy, where +50% more glory for 250 hours is less valuable because glory will no longer have any value (not that it did have much value until recent kodan vendor).

The exchange doesn’t have to be gold, it can be anything (another booster, skins, etc.). Point is that anything is better than +50% glory… since glory won’t have any value

The glory vendors will stick around. Which is why everyone has been suggesting glory be used as compensation for glory boosters. Specifically, a smaller amount of glory than would have been obtained from actually playing PvP with a booster for 1 hour. My suggestion is 100 glory – sufficiently small that no one who used their booster feels gypped, sufficiently large that people who have unused boosters get some value for them.

in PvP

Posted by: wolfger.3467

wolfger.3467

The Anet logic is horrible. “We told you we’d be getting rid of glory, so you should have used those boosters.” So, what, I should quit my job to use up the 50-some hours worth of boosters I have left? I don’t pvp enough to use the amount of boosters I have. Throw a dog a bone and give people something for the boosters. Why does Anet have to be so lame about compensating us? It’s not like it would kill them or the game balance to throw a little glory on our stack for each unused booster.

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

The Anet logic is horrible. “We told you we’d be getting rid of glory, so you should have used those boosters.” So, what, I should quit my job to use up the 50-some hours worth of boosters I have left? I don’t pvp enough to use the amount of boosters I have. Throw a dog a bone and give people something for the boosters. Why does Anet have to be so lame about compensating us? It’s not like it would kill them or the game balance to throw a little glory on our stack for each unused booster.

mods,could i +1 this guy or i get infraction poins?

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

It may not be circular reasoning but its bs to act like the people who used the glory boosters got nothing. They got the extra glory which could have been turned into gold and other rewards until fairly recently. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but just another little bit of disrespect to the long time pvp player. A company that really cared imo would have came up with a small reward instead take the easy way out and say that doing nothing was the fairest thing.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

mods,could i +1 this guy or i get infraction poins?

A-net devs live in a world where you average pvp player plays as much as the pvp devs wich is like 5 hours a week. So if you play that much of course you have used up all your boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

We’re not saying we are going to do nothing because we said we would do nothing.

We’re saying we won’t change direction (from the previously stated plans) because it would put many players at a disadvantage, and on top of that these players would be hurt because they listened to us.

While this may not be circular reasoning, it’s still pretty light on the reasoning. I assume that is why there has been no further dialogue on this issue.

No-one ever suggested that players should benefit from hoarding boosters. The stated reasoning that players would somehow be ‘at a disadvantage’ for having used glory boosters as intended is farcical. The obvious compromise -providing some glory for unusable boosters, yet significantly less than what would be harvested using the booster as intended- completely exposes this ‘logic’.

This seems to be just another case of devs not having thought a fairly simple issue through in the first place. Their subsequent reluctance to throw dedicated PvPers such a cheap and easy bone as a token of sorely lacking goodwill is further evidence of the contempt they hold for the PvP community.

in PvP

FearedbytheGods.8617

I’m sitting on 149 glory boosters….. no wait, make it 150 I just opened a chest………

Anyways, how many glory boosters have you guys got?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

When payed tournaments were removed, there were actually NPCs, where you could trade in your tickets for chests.

Why cant you make sth. like this?

For a more accurate suggetion, I would need to know, how you change the reward system. But you never tell us anything…

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Based off another players comment, I just wanted to offer two solutions that are 100% viable for the devs. Let players trade in 15 glory boosters for 1 pvp unidentified dye. Alternatively, let players turn in 1 glory booster for 20 magic find.

I know that glory is being removed, so that conversion won’t work. So, it has to be converted into something we can already get from glory. Two things that you can always get are luck and dyes. Use them. Of course the devs have the real numbers, the above are based on my own research.

Right now, one glory booster should average around 500 glory in hotjoin. (162.5 glory/game * .50 boost * 6 games). So, it’s roughly equivalent to one 500 glory chest. I just opened 60 of them so I could have a basis for numbers.

I averaged one dye per 15 chests; so 1 dye per 15 glory boosters is roughly equivalent; but the player loses finishers and gear drops.

I averaged around 3.75 luck per salvage. So, close to 20 (18.75) luck per chest; assuming no finishers or dye.

In the end run, you gain less than boosters that are used; however, players still can do something with the stockpiles they’ve accumulated.

you must be joking.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Glory is a currency used in PvP. Coin is a currency used PvE/WvW.
Glory boosters are used to boost glory gain. Coin boosters are used to boost coin gain.
Glory currency is being phased out in favor of coin currency.
Therefore, the logical step is glory boosters being converted into deleted boosters.

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

I’m sitting on 149 glory boosters….. no wait, make it 150 I just opened a chest………

Anyways, how many glory boosters have you guys got?

I’ve got almost 150 as well…145 to be exact. And since everytime I play PvP for an hour and use a glory booster, I get a few more, shouldn’t we get some sort of compensation?

I’ve got an idea. We should be able to exchange all the boosters for a small amount of glory, that way it’s almost like using them all, and you still get something for them.

Note: you would get significantly less glory for trading them in than if you used them.

(edited by Chuck Nizzle.6283)

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Are people complaining because they actually crafted a daftly amount of boosters at once and can’t use them all?

I suggest that soon to be removed PvP materials and boosters can be handed in at the new glory vendor for glory points, for people to use on outfits etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

Are people complaining because they actually crafted a daftly amount of boosters at once and can’t use them all?

I suggest that soon to be removed PvP materials and boosters can be handed in at the new glory vendor for glory points, for people to use on outfits etc.

No, people are complaining that their boosters that have accumulated over time will suddenly be worth nothing. Most people don’t just craft glory boosters; in my case, I accumulated over 140 boosters just by playing often, even while using boosters most of the time.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

try pvp players that been at this game since 3 day head start easily 400+ boosters that cant possible be used in time, even when they use them every day since we were told this.

argument why people cant turn boosters in for glory (suggested by many to be around 100 glory per booster) I just don’t get it. Do the people that used their booster and got what 400-800 glory per booster feel cheated by people asking for only 100 glory for their booster they cant possibly use in time?

I am still stumped how anet claims they want to be “fair” but justify deleting everything that pvp players got from dailies for over a year ( for those that don’t know they are deleting glory, glory boosters , and crafting mats…aka basically all pvp rewards before they added gold short while ago).

here is a tip you want to get more people into pvp try not making people that have been with pvp with since the start feel like they are getting cheated again losing things they earned. you tried to delete ranks too but thankfully enough people said it was a bad idea and the decision was reverted…for now at least.

point is

people use their boosters 400-800 glory per booster

people cant use them all 100 glory per booster (seriously tell me why this isn’t fair?)

you reward people who could use them with more and people that just couldn’t get something at least same glory just less

come on don’t you think pvp suffered enough?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’ve played 5-8 hours pvp a day since they announced glory removal and I went down from 500+ booster to now ~100 hours of glory booster left. There was just no way to burn them all for me and I imagine it’s worse for the guys that PvP’d from Day 1…

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Glory boosters are used to boost glory gain. Coin boosters are used to boost coin gain.
Therefore, the logical step is glory boosters being converted into deleted boosters.

flawless logic

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

cerberus.1937

flawless logic

So by that logic its natural to assume that by “fair” they should do the same thing to pve as they are doing to pvp right?

but we saw what happened when they only decided to alter boosts effects on karma and what a fuss that caused can only imagine the outrage if they treated pve the same as pvp deleting past pve dailies since day 1 but naturally that would mean they would have to retire karma too right karma = pve and glory = pvp ……………

see the flaw in the logic yet?

in PvP

FearedbytheGods.8617

Wish I could take them out of my bank and throw them at people’s heads.

That would be funny.

in PvP

Kim.4152

I have been trying to go through as many glory boosters as possible but it is completely impossible to use them up. The number of boosters I have has gone up, not down so I’m now stuck at 299. This whole decision by Anet was extremely poorly thought out.

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

here’s the thing. so far, i’ve hated the upcoming change (I never do pve, its pvp and wvw), havent liked most of the changes that have come down to things i haven’t perceived where broken and see this change is a completely useless change to fix a symptom rather than (as usual) a change to fix a problem.

rather than complain, i can just stop playing and take a fairly steady source of income away from anet. I think that is just about the most effective / sound voice i can express about the changes.

gg, thanks for the changes.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

We seriously considered many different options, and doing nothing seemed the most fair. Do you disagree? Keep in mind, more people used boosters than did not.

Oh please, playing PvP is already at a disadvantage, i can’t see what have you done about it. Yes, remove all PvP rewards for a period of time, so people get no PvP reward for playing. sounds legit. personally i stacked up hours of glory boosters on my characters, and still have a ton.

Also, Why would the guys who used boosters be at a disadvantage, when they already got rewarded with glory.

And remember when PvP forums got bombed? That’s exactly what happened when you do NOTHING.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

We seriously considered many different options, and doing nothing seemed the most fair. Do you disagree? Keep in mind, more people used boosters than did not.

sneaky posting in regular text instead of red tag but to answer you point what are you trying to accomplish?

if your goal is to drive all the players that have done only pvp since start out of pvp and make it all pve hotjoin heroes and the ones only in it for achievement hunting also mainly pve players then gratz come tomorrow that’s what you will have~!

seriously pvp is the only mode I know that keeps rewarding the newer players while the older players keep getting the short end of the stick.

its bad enough you added gold to try to flood the pvp areas with more pve players with the lure of gold, but to make gold the ONLY currency in pvp ….just wow anyone that has played only pvp can tell you they are the poorest players since gold was only added few weeks ago and not retroactively rewarded.

before someone jumps in crying they are asking something for free any pvp players couldn’t care less about gold, but we do care about is constantly getting the short end of the stick. first you wanted to delete ranks now you are deleting glory, glory boosters, crafting mats, reward chests, basically everything pvp ever got in favor of the new gold reward that wont help older players stay just get more pve players into pvp.

here is a thought I don’t know try fixing the things that ARE BROKE and then worry about trying to delete everything that pvp players built up over the year and a half invested into pvp.

or better yet try actually being fair tell me how people that used their boosters for 400-800 glory gain will get cheated by rewarding 100 glory per unused booster?

sigh stuck with pvp through all the bad and the worse but this is it cant get on board with this new line of thinking because not going to have everything deleted on a whim again look at your past history.

you tried deleting ranks (failed thankfully)

now you are deleting everything else that pvp rewarded since 3 day head start.

personally have over 400 boosters couldn’t possible used since they keep dropping from reward chests and know many others with 500-900+ boosters that will get deleted tomorrow without even 100 glory per booster because you claim its “fair” right sounds like favoring pve players again to me, but whatever keep aiming for a pve player casual only pvp you can close down team and solo q for a massive hotjoin zerg…………..wait that’s wvw my bad (end sarcasm)

really disappointed in anets treatment of pvp and them constantly messing over the older players

in PvP

FearedbytheGods.8617

Attachments:

in PvP

cerberus.1937

seems legit use all the boosters why didn’t any of the pvp players think of that?

oh right we are not bots and there was no possible way to use over 947 boosters even using them for hours every single day because they kept being rewarded with reward chests, dailies, ach chests. While they stopped from dailies a little while ago they still drop from reward chests.

But hey as long as pve players are happy right?

what does it matter if mmr is broken or certain cheese builds or maps are not being fixed not to mention countless bugs

what does it matter if this sets a standard that once something doesn’t “fit” with their vision anymore its is just deleted no matter what it is or how long it took to accumulate.

long time pvp players were leaving before this now lot more will seeing pvp keep favoring pve more and more might as well make pvp into pve.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Why you guys so mad over boosters. Of ALL things that you get kitten over in pvp its this? o.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

cerberus.1937

Because its not just boosters
things they tried to delete or are deleting

rank tried to delete it

glory deleting it

glory boosters deleting it

crafting mats deleting it

what is left …..oh yah NOTHING

take all this away and what have pvp players been doing all this for over a year and a half thankfully ranks were not deleted but open your eyes if you can see this thought process is bad.

and they are focusing on this instead of fixing the actual problems hey lets take away stuff from people instead of fixing the current problems sound logic right?

first you think gold is enough to keep pvp players in pvp nope

and what is next on their chopping block probably something you will spend the next year and a half building up

what would pve players do if they said hey legendary weps don’t fit into our plans anymore we are deleting them.

not a valid point you say just because someone doesn’t care about something doesn’t mean that no one does

it is a bad track to start down deleting things people spend time, effort, and or money building up if you cant see that I cant help you.

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

This whole thing sucks. I have like 200 of these things and I have been stacking them on each toon over and over again. I have 7 hours plus on 8 different toons and still have like 80 boosters left. Some I have crafted so each toon had a stack. Really sucks that I will get nothing for them. This game is looking less desirable each day to me.

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Yup it’s not circular reasoning. Because there are no logically valid points in the reasoning.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

glory boosters were way to easy to get and now people are asking to trade their 1000+ boosters for other boosters? not like pve players ever had 1000+ magic find boosters or anything. the most you could possibly ask for is trade each booster for X amount of glory.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.

in PvP

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

glory boosters were way to easy to get and now people are asking to trade their 1000+ boosters for other boosters? not like pve players ever had 1000+ magic find boosters or anything. the most you could possibly ask for is trade each booster for X amount of glory.

a pve player ask 1 time and gets a solution https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/What-to-do-with-4250-Blade-Shards/first#post3732808
maybe he simpl farm to much or leach lionsarch afk don t know

pvp players ask since months
for a konsum,
a trade in
or mystic forge solution
and other stuff for our glory booster and pvp materials
and we get NOTHING

i burn down around 120 and have a lot more left
time simpl to short
why not use the actual system until we get that new one?
glory booster are one of the main rewards
i got most from monthly daily at first
and alto from turny chests reward chests and achievmentpoint chests
and they still drop since months
thats so RIDICULOUS
and after delet
they simpl BETRAYED me about my rewards

if you whant pve player in pvp you can simpl put a glory vendor there
with a pve version of that voodoo armor
pve players so much ask for this armor
put a medium and havy new voodoo one as well
and sell each one for 50k glory each armor part /something like those karma armors

rly thats the new “we erase all fractal ranks because we have that leaderboards and its unfair to other players” where is this leader board now? its nowear…

and to this tread as well https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/At-this-rate-Anet-might-delete-PvP

rly i not see a single tread in here asking for glory erase
but i see a lot complaining about the glory booster erase
and same in france spain and german forum pvp parts

(edited by Riesty.9075)

in PvP

Malcastus.6240

Be glad that you got more than you needed and didn’t have to spend all your mats on crafting them. If you had enough glory boosters to keep your glory boosted all this time, they worked as intended and there is no reason to complain.

These complaints might persuade the devs to potetially release new boosters that only last for 10 mins, instead of an hour, to prevent a forum ruckus fest.

Pretty sure the devs are facepalming this very moment.

• DEV 1: Come see this.. you won’t believe it! HURRY!
  • DEV 2: What is it? ((dashes to co-workers computer))
  • DEV 1: They’re complaining that we made glory gain easy and now want a refund.. ! Can you believe it? ((laughs wildly and facepalms))
  • DEV 2: ((Pushes buttons on cell phone while facepalming))
  • DEV 1: Who’re you texting? ((hand slides down face, tearing off a bit of skin))
  • DEV 2: Everyone in the SPvP department.. wait! I will text everyone I know!
  • A few hours pass, as the PvP department is busy with Ready Up livestream
  • PvP DEV: ((Rushes to DEV 1+2’s office with a hand on the mouth, an infant facepalm, as the realization needs to take place before the facepalming can commence))
    Are you serious? ((Noticing DEV 1+2, the PvP DEV’s eyes widen in horror))
  • DEV 1+2: ((Both with skinless faces and palms, laughing hysterically and incoherently yelling ‘GLOOOORRRRrrrr’))

Today: Devs 1+2 have been admitted to an insane asylum in Wisconsin. The entire SPvP dev team has been outfitted with mittens and latex masks to prevent any further harm. This is probably why the big PvP patch has been delayed.

in PvP

cerberus.1937

I don’t really know what the problem is, if its that people really cant read or choose not to.

Its not JUST about the glory boosters

yes the glory boosters are a big issue to a lot of people and probably the main one, but its not the only one here are the problems:

1) they either are or tried to get rid of everything that was ever rewarded to pvp players since day one, not true you say here let me list them for you

they TRIED to get rid of ranks

they ARE getting rid of

glory

glory boosters

crafting materials

reward chests

what is left you ask………that’s right NOTHING

2) they are focusing on taking things away from pvp players instead of fixing the MANY problems already in pvp

3) this sets a very bad train of thought that hey we can delete anything in the game no matter how long, how much work , or how much money was put into it.

4) read all the complaints rather than picking and choosing yes many want some glory like 100 per unused booster and not one person can complain because if they had used them they would have got 400-800 glory instead of 100

5) they claim they want to be fair how would pve react if this happened to them, anyone could tell you they wouldn’t dream of doing this to pve because of the outcry that would follow

If you got to use your boosters and such great but people here since 3 day headstart and don’t do hotjoin constantly have 600-1000+ boosters and keep getting them from reward chests with no hope of using them which is why its the loudest voiced complaint.

So if it doesn’t hurt you why are you complaining again…..

in PvP

FearedbytheGods.8617

(wall of text, attempted joke)

They made them too easy to get so its ok to take them away? The same logic could be applied to fotm reset for leaderboards (which never happened).

People don’t like to have things taken away. So in doing that they upset people, irrespective of if they mismanaged it from the beginning (which they’ll never admit too).

Just taking them away is a failure to imagine, plan and implement.

in PvP

Malcastus.6240

Cerberus: I can talk about glory boosters, because OP highlights it. Instead of trying to hijack this thread, make your own.

Fearedbystuff: While their approach isn’t commendable, the removal of boosters seems like the least of problems. They are being removed whether you like it or not and yes, it’s ok. If you forgot to use them, it’s your own fault. I had 60+ when they mentioned removing them. If people are hoarding them, chances they’ll ever be used aren’t likely, because saving them gives you..? Right, no value. The point is that everyone got plenty of chances to boost their glory gain. They are boosters, not items. Yes, I know how people react to their upcoming actions, no need for Dr. Phil’ing this needlessly.

You got plenty of chances to use your boosters. If you did, jolly good. If not, your own problem for forgetting/hoarding.

They should compensate people, to be fair, but the boosters are different than mats (the principle is the same, yes, but this isn’t ethics class), which the removal of I find in bad taste like so many of their practices or lack thereof these days.

Point being, they are changing things. Bad? Potentially good if the changes grants us better things. Debatable. Losing mats and such in this way isn’t optimal, but that’s what they are doing regardless, yet people seem to focus on boosters. It’s just silly to complain about boosters of all things, and especially silly if people saved/forgot using them and now remember they existed.

P.S. Five lines is a wall of text to you? Jeez.

TL;DR: A response of sorts why whining about boosters is silly. Bonus patar familias, own fault for not using boosters, bla. bla. etc. etc.

(edited by Malcastus.6240)

in PvP

cerberus.1937

I had 60+ when they mentioned removing them. .

oh poor you those 60 boosters must have been tough to use try being dedicated to something like pvp before passing off what people are losing as nothing, or better yet be happy when they delete a year and a half worth of your pve effort then you can have room to say people are crying over nothing.

point is you don’t care about boosters doesn’t mean other people don’t so feel free to talk about boosters all you want but don’t try to walk in here and tell everyone that they are crying or unjustified saying you had 60 boosters compared to people that had over 600 and constantly earning more

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I had 60+ when they mentioned removing them. .

oh poor you those 60 boosters must have been tough to use try being dedicated to something like pvp before passing off what people are losing as nothing, or better yet be happy when they delete a year and a half worth of your pve effort then you can have room to say people are crying over nothing.

point is you don’t care about boosters doesn’t mean other people don’t so feel free to talk about boosters all you want but don’t try to walk in here and tell everyone that they are crying or unjustified saying you had 60 boosters compared to people that had over 600 and constantly earning more

What makes you think we don’t care about boosters? We all do, the difference is some of us probably already use theirs and we believe it wont be fair for us that listen to them.

In a way all of us are being selfish. I personally don’t mind if we get something for boosters but they better refund all the booster I have used since the announcement. Think of it like this, if I am going down, I am pulling you with me.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)