Glory removed,butwhat happens to sPvP armor?

in PvP

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

I got tier 3 sPvP armor will that be removed? and also you guys say all “Match win reward chests” will be gone. Will all armor that i gained from them be gone as well?

What is best to do with the like 400 left over match win reward chests?

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

The devs will tell you to “use them” even though there is nothing to use them for. They will ignore this second fact though.

in PvP

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Yes please clarify. If we have unopened chest are those going to vanish or do they mean they just won’t be awarding them any longer?

What will become of the armor that we accumulated and crafted?

What is the new reward system, and when is it going to start?, and what is this early start business?

What is going to happen to the stacks of glory boosters that I have, can i trade them in for anything like what you did previously.

We have to have these questions answered to make decisions about what we do with our stuff. The notes left too many questions and did not answer anything important.

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I imagine everything will just be obtained in a different way. It’s pretty obvious that is the case, even if we don’t know how.

Match reward chests will still be openable and give rewards, just no longer obtainable.

I imagine Glory boosters will just become null and void, and no longer worth anything or be able to be traded in.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Everything will be transformed into PvE armour but soulbound to one character because we all know anet loves to soulbound…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in PvP

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

why not open the chests?

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Does this mean my 10+ stack of tourney chests in my bank are gonna disappear :/

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

KOPPER.1458

Why collect so many and never open them? I can’t imagine that those rewards matter that much to you if you have so many. Otherwise open before the 18th.

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

The armour you unlock stays so basically use all glory and open chests before the 18th

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Got like 2 stacks of boosters and 2 stacks of tourney win chests, never really opened them because they dropped nothin useful for me and the salvage kits cost glory which was better spent elsewhere.

Hopefully there’s more clear indication what’s going to happen to the chests.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Why collect so many and never open them? I can’t imagine that those rewards matter that much to you if you have so many. Otherwise open before the 18th.

No point to opening them, after doing 4k+ tourneys, and getting same gear. Saving them hoping the rewards would implement better stuff in it.

[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

i have like 500 chests that i can not open because i simply have no enough salvage kit and things you get from it right now are bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I don’t know about the reward system, but when an item is removed from the game, it gets replaced with a guy in a hard hat and can only be deleted from your inventory.

Yes please clarify. If we have unopened chest are those going to vanish or do they mean they just won’t be awarding them any longer?

What will become of the armor that we accumulated and crafted?

What is the new reward system, and when is it going to start?, and what is this early start business?

What is going to happen to the stacks of glory boosters that I have, can i trade them in for anything like what you did previously.

We have to have these questions answered to make decisions about what we do with our stuff. The notes left too many questions and did not answer anything important.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Additional Question: What happens to the pvp crafting materials?

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

People don’t open them because they already have everything you could get from them and still multiple stacks. They kind of feel tricked if they now remove this “reward” since it means they were essentially getting no rewards at all for the last couple of months.

There should be ways to exchange this kind of stuff for gold or just anything. And with stuff I mean glory boosters, excess mats, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I stopped opening chests because I was getting either a full inventory or carpal tunnel

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

I have around 5 stacks of tpvp-chests. If i would open them, i would mostly get PvP-crafting materials and magic find (~4000 each stack).

So here are my questions:

What will happen to pvp rankup-chests?
What will happen to pvp boxes gotten from achievementpoints?
Will magic-find be useful in future PvP and for what?
Will pvp-crafting be removed or are we able to craft all the things from chests and dyes after the patch?

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

(edited by Levis.6137)

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I have around 5 stacks of tpvp-chests. If i would open them, i would mostly get PvP-crafting materials and magic find (~4000 each stack).

So here are my questions:

What happens to glory-boosters after the patch?
Will the tpvp-Chests be removed from inventory after the patch?
What will happen to pvp rankup-chests?
What will happen to pvp boxes gotten from achievementpoints?
Will magic-find be useful in future PvP and for what?
Will pvp-crafting be removed or are we able to craft all the things from chests and dyes after the patch?

Most of your questions can be answer if you actually read the previous articles about future PvP stuff.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Sandie.1964

Sandie.1964

Well isn’t this a fine kettle of fish. In SPVP Players often abuse the spectate feature to get wins for achievements. If the reward is based on wins people are going to be flipping sides faster then I blink. As well and please correct me if im wrong, they are removing rewards now and " sometime " in the future will put new content in to replace them? I think we have all heard that song and dance before…

I was so pleased when they put the universal level scroll in as I have already made one of each profession /race and can use my pvp glory to level any new char I create just for the armor style they can wear. Now its going to a 3 ring circus of people spectating to switch to the winning side and others hard raging at their team mates for a loss. And lets not forget " sometime in the future" they will give us new rewards for winning.

Really ANET please don’t take away only rewards that have some value until you have come up with something good to replace them.

in PvP

Posted by: Lipstickxx.1043

Lipstickxx.1043

This will not affect the titles acquired already like champion shadow and others, Is that correct?

in PvP

KOPPER.1458

People don’t open them because they already have everything you could get from them and still multiple stacks. They kind of feel tricked if they now remove this “reward” since it means they were essentially getting no rewards at all for the last couple of months.

There should be ways to exchange this kind of stuff for gold or just anything. And with stuff I mean glory boosters, excess mats, etc.

People should not feel tricked, they were rewarded all along. How would players feel if the chest suddenly gave new weapons and armor and they didn’t save them? They would feel pretty crappy.

I can understand having too many, especially because you let them build up so high. I’ve been opening them all along. I am sure I’ve wasted many salvage kits.

How much does an exotic normally vendor for 20s? Honestly don’t know. It might be a lot less than that. I could see that being fair if you’d rather vendor them. I have a ton of dust, orbs and other mats that I know will be going to waste. I haven’t been stock piling though, just can’t use it all.

A vendor value seems fair. I am looking forward to more information.

in PvP

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

there is still no indication on how PvP/PvE items will be transferable.
Will I be able to use skins/armor from PvE to PvP and vicerersa?

This may be useful in order to spend the glory left buying armor sets.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

No point to opening them, after doing 4k+ tourneys, and getting same gear. Saving them hoping the rewards would implement better stuff in it.

Open them, then salvage gear for Luck. That’s as good as it gets. The devs have already confirmed that you should open them and that this is as good as it gets.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

And all it took was 2 seconds to bring up the road map.

In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. This means that players who have carefully crafted their appearance in one area of the game will have a way to carry that look over to other areas of the game.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Well isn’t this a fine kettle of fish. In SPVP Players often abuse the spectate feature to get wins for achievements. If the reward is based on wins people are going to be flipping sides faster then I blink. As well and please correct me if im wrong, they are removing rewards now and " sometime " in the future will put new content in to replace them? I think we have all heard that song and dance before…

I was so pleased when they put the universal level scroll in as I have already made one of each profession /race and can use my pvp glory to level any new char I create just for the armor style they can wear. Now its going to a 3 ring circus of people spectating to switch to the winning side and others hard raging at their team mates for a loss. And lets not forget " sometime in the future" they will give us new rewards for winning.

Really ANET please don’t take away only rewards that have some value until you have come up with something good to replace them.

That brings up a good point I hadn’t thought of
Hotjoin will be brimming with leechers
Either they reward only the winning team as you’ve said the “casual” hotjoin will become musical chairs even more so, or if the difference in gold reward is minimal then there’s absolutely no reason not to leech & idle matches.

in PvP

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Incoming Carpal Tunnel.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Incoming Carpal Tunnel.

Before I go down that road (I have like 700+ chests) I’d like to know what’s going on with the crafting material for PvP gear/items. Will it even be worth it to salvage all of them?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

And all it took was 2 seconds to bring up the road map.

In the months that follow, we will be working to eliminate the difference between PvP and PvE gear. Players will be able to earn gear in PvP that can be carried over to PvE and vice versa. This means that players who have carefully crafted their appearance in one area of the game will have a way to carry that look over to other areas of the game.

Still does not tell me HOW it is done and if it will be fully retroactive, which is what I really wanted to know, but thanks:-)

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

prob won’t disappear just like how the old stacks of rank finishers are now useless

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

KOPPER.1458

they also said to use up all your materials as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Open them, then salvage gear for Luck. That’s as good as it gets. The devs have already confirmed that you should open them and that this is as good as it gets.

Could you perhaps give me a link for this ? I’ve been looking for it on the forums but can’t seem to find it.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Could you perhaps give me a link for this ? I’ve been looking for it on the forums but can’t seem to find it.

I’m not going to trawl through pages and pages of past threads right now, but I can second this – Grouch hinted that we should save up the chests when they were doubled after halloween, and then said that we should stop saving them after the luck-salvaging was introduced in December’s update. Magic find is going to have some effect on PvP, but none of us really know how yet.

Also, to use up the PvP crafting materials you have stacks of (or will have stacks of once you salvage all the redundant gear from chests): make unidentified dyes, and identify them. Unless we get another vendor like the wintersday gift one before March 18th, crafting dyes is the only way to turn glory into gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

I’m not going to trawl through pages and pages of past threads right now, but I can second this – Grouch hinted that we should save up the chests when they were doubled after halloween, and then said that we should stop saving them after the luck-salvaging was introduced in December’s update. Magic find is going to have some effect on PvP, but none of us really know how yet.

Also, to use up the PvP crafting materials you have stacks of (or will have stacks of once you salvage all the redundant gear from chests): make unidentified dyes, and identify them. Unless we get another vendor like the wintersday gift one before March 18th, crafting dyes is the only way to turn glory into gold.

Luck affecting PVP would be the stupiest idea ever. I really hope Anet don’t go that road

in PvP

cheese.4739

Luck affecting PVP would be the stupiest idea ever. I really hope Anet don’t go that road

What you get from chests is already RNG; I don’t see how adding magic find would make things any worse. As long as they stay away from unlocks (apart from maybe as a very basic tutorial mechanism) and keep players on even footing for equipment/skills, this change shouldn’t be a problem for us.

in PvP

Sandie.1964

So I have now had a chance to play spvp. WOW, the auto balance is flipping so fast that its hard to tell where you were or not. The points for either winning or loosing are terrible and the only loot you will see is when you rank up. If you wanted to just get rid of pvp why dont you just say so? I am really disappointed in ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

The devs will tell you to “use them” even though there is nothing to use them for. They will ignore this second fact though.

so, i had slightly over 2 stacks of chests that i decided to purge last night since salvage kits no longer cost glory…and deposited any leftover armor i could while salvaging the rest

converted mats to dyes TEDIOUSLY and sold them via TP SOUL-CRUSHINGLY SLOWLY and made a whopping 120g or so. lmao, that’s what, 2-3 hour farm work for a pve vet? one very lucky bl chest opened?

needless to say, i was taken aghast.

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i’d like to know how to make 120g in 2-3 hours in pve. please tell me. please i need money.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Sandie.1964

Too late glory is gone. What they seem to be ignoring is the main question. Why did you remove glory BEFORE you had something in place to replace it? I will continue to do spvp for daily, I might even have a little fun with the auto balance system as well ( nothing like flipping it till there is 6 against 2).

in PvP

cheese.4739

So I have now had a chance to play spvp. WOW, the auto balance is flipping so fast that its hard to tell where you were or not. The points for either winning or loosing are terrible and the only loot you will see is when you rank up. If you wanted to just get rid of pvp why dont you just say so? I am really disappointed in ANET.

You were in hotjoin, which is the “very casual” side of PvP. Unranked matches, teams aren’t balanced on any kind of rating, you can enter or leave whenever you want without consequence.
Because of this, it has the poorest rewards, in rank points and in coin.

The ranked solo and team queues you can get to from the second tab in the PvP window – these have much better rewards, though right now they really suck:
- glory just got removed
- nothing has been added in its place
- we don’t get any kind of item reward for winning since Tuesday’s patch
- we don’t get an increased coin reward to make up for the removal of glory

So yeah, right now the only things to play for are rank points, leaderboard position, or because you just like to play. Hopefully the new rewards will be here within six months (or three years, or ever) so we can entice some new players into PvP again.

in PvP

cheese.4739

Oh, and sorry if you already knew all that - for some reason I read your post as if you didn’t understand autobalance.
At any rate, if you want more points and coin, rated matches are much better.

in PvP

Sandie.1964

Sry my bad I should have been more specific. I started doing spvp a while ago, I didn’t join the tourney matches until I was more comfortable with playing pvp ( those tourney guys get excited about builds and gear). I am currently wolf rank and cant see myself progressing any further until they give me a better reason to. In spvp the spectate was always annoying, now its just ridiculous. I just cant see myself even doing tpvp right now as a loss is going to really frustrate whatever team your on.

(edited by Sandie.1964)