Going 99-0 Leaderboard Feedback

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Caed, Zoose, Ostrich Eggs, Darth Vanquisher, and Iuck

Put those guys together, and they’ll destroy Abjured.

I don’t know who Wakkey is or what he plays, doesn’t sound like a necro.

Matter fact I don’t know Noscoc either, sounds like an engineer.

But someone like Magic Toker. I didn’t even know who he was until WTS. He wasn’t even in the Cruuk, Caed, Jumper X, etc top thieves.

You should be getting constant matches against Lux, Drunknpozzum and other top 25 leaderboard players.

Leaderboard is very good.

Something is fishy. Odd hours gaming, looking at other good players like Caed, Zoose, Ostrich Eggs, Darth Vanquisher, and Iuck to make sure they not online or not in hearts of the mist queing up same time your queing up to ensure you don’t take a loss from going against another strong team.

It’s pretty common knowledge now. Weekly cups are always on Sunday and they are advertised in big red overlay on the forums. Get it together, man!

They also have the schedule advertised on the launcher, here’s the link:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-guild-wars-2-player-vs-player-tournaments/

I say this instead of touching on your post, because I literally can’t skip 3 words without having to correct something. Needless to say, half of the players you idolize haven’t even played in a tournament since the Abjured existed, so you’re better off theorycrafting a conquest match featuring Chuck Norris vs. Napoleon

Read the schedule, and check Twitch.tv/Blu42, Twitch.tv/Guildwars2 at the appropriate times

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

I hate to burst your bubble but Iuck and darth are even farther away than I am from being esports LMAO

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I’m computer literate and to be honest I checked out that link. Okay its sunday, but WHEN? I went to the more information link http://play.eslgaming.com/guildwars2/global/ just shows me pile of bullkitten, GoGuild…December? That some old kitten and its recent Jan 14th?

I want to know when the sunday ESL game is, what twitch its on. Doesn’t show that on that site, that site kittenes me off if anything. That’s why ESL doesn’t get more than 2k viewers (that’s the limit I see all the time for NA GW2 games, they cant get pass 3k). Whoever owns that site needs to make it perfectly plain and easy to notice that game x and date and time. Not a link to another link to another link to another link. That’s pile bullkitten I don’t have time for and if I don’t have time for it… Think to yourselves does anyone else have time for it??

I looked at the teams, only teams I see that I think put up good fights would be AG and DoD, other teams have like 1 or 2 good players but rest are bunch of mediocre players. Like I said before a lot of good players out there, but they have 1-2 in this case 3 weak links on there team.

DoD has better chance than AG because its an engy meta.
Reason why Abjured beats DoD, because engy meta.

Like I said, get my boy Darth Vanquisher and Iuck and wreck the Abjured win streak.

Yall should know by now you gotta play with whats OP.
This game aint balanced, they balanced the balance too much that it got unbalanced.

One other thing, is DoD playing at what they are good at?
I really hate it when I’m playing with Zoose or Ostrich and they go play as Zzoose or ostrich egggs. I feel more comfortable with Darth Vanquisher on my team rather than zoose or ostrich that’s how good he carries. Not saying hes better, but he’s good at carrying. If you good at carrying you a good player and should be on a team, a legit team with no weak links. DoD playing with another engineer will have better results than going with one of there warriors, all due to whats the meta. Zombify is good so he ok to have on that team too.

As for AG I see a lot of good rangers on that team, and a good guardian. Bunch of good players but terrible comp. /\/\oobs OPN, Stunning, and one of those rangers + someone else would be a better comp. If /\/\oobs is an engineer I’d get a thief like Tron Jeremy or Karmy. If /\/\oobs is a thief, believe it or not, Thee Faux is actually pretty good engineer too, didn’t pay attention to him until this leaderboard and noticed he’s one of those people that can pull wins.

But again, lots of good players out there, they just in bad comps, and have weak links on there teams.

Should be zero reason why ANY team in this game has 100% win rate. This isn’t no first person shooter game where your skills is a huge factor. This is more of a chess like game, and people do make mistakes, and going 99 times without a mistake, I laugh at that.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I’m computer literate

I checked out that link.

Okay its sunday, but WHEN?

I went to the more information link http://play.eslgaming.com/guildwars2/global/ just shows me pile of bullkitten.

Whoever owns that site needs to make it perfectly plain and easy to notice that game x and date and time.

Not a link to another link to another link to another link.

Dang man. All the tournaments for the next 7 days are right at the top of that link, including times. Here’s what you do: Go to twitch at the specified time, and search for Guild Wars 2, and everything will be right in the world. You will see a channel, either Guildwars2, or Blu42, and it will have the most viewers. Pick that one.

And then if you can’t figure it out, try turning it off and on again.

DoD has better chance than AG because its an engy meta.
Reason why Abjured beats DoD, because engy meta.

That’s an excellent analysis, playing with an Engi against other teams that also have an Engi is the reason why one team always wins. Cause Engi meta!

Like I said, get my boy Darth Vanquisher and Iuck and wreck the Abjured win streak.

Yall should know by now you gotta play with whats OP.
This game aint balanced, they balanced the balance too much that it got unbalanced.

Iuck and Darth main Ranger and Warrior respectively. They’re not what’s OP, if anything, a already struggling (and retired?) Ranger and Warrior are going to be the weak links on any serious team.

One other thing, is DoD playing at what they are good at?
I really hate it when I’m playing with Zoose or Ostrich and they go play as Zzoose or ostrich egggs. I feel more comfortable with Darth Vanquisher on my team rather than zoose or ostrich that’s how good he carries. Not saying hes better, but he’s good at carrying. If you good at carrying you a good player and should be on a team, a legit team with no weak links. DoD playing with another engineer will have better results than going with one of there warriors, all due to whats the meta. Zombify is good so he ok to have on that team too.

You couldn’t spot a weak link if your nose was pierced with one. Zombify quit the game, too.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

If that isn’t a troll then I don’t even…..

No team can beat Abjured in NA right now. You mentioned Zoose, Ostrich, and Caed? They are on a team together already who has been losing consistently to Abjured. (but they are getting better every week and will most likely be the first team to really threaten Abjured’s current domination).

That’s from my point of view based on what I’ve seen, which since part of your post complains about not knowing when WTS is because it’s not advertised well enough (neither are these forums, but you found them anyway) is more than what you have.

Never said I didn’t know what WTS is, I said I don’t know when ESL games are going on.. You must learn to read.

dude I corrected that like 5 seconds after I posted it. you must have been mashing F5 waiting for a reply. gg

in PvP

Booms.2594

Im glad you think Im such a good player LMAO but dude lets be real each person for abjured is either the best player for their respective classes or like the top 3 for their classes.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

But again, lots of good players out there, they just in bad comps, and have weak links on there teams.

I agree with this, and also the fact that some people that I would make a strong team with don’t play this game anymore. So now it’s really just super Pugs. When certain meta comes along with a certain power creep shifting things out of the meta, then that is when things tend to change. Until then we’re stuck in this meta.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Im glad you think Im such a good player LMAO but dude lets be real each person for abjured is either the best player for their respective classes or like the top 3 for their classes.

ya top 3, so ya know what, get the top 2 in those classes and beat them.

Anyways, not too long ago you or I’m assuming you was with OPN when he started making posts about “22 wins 0 losses, too many newbs, yada yada yada”. Aint no different than this thread. They just went ahead and owned more games than just 22.

know, what, why don’t u two go join zoose caed and ostrich.
EXACT same comp as I was suggesting to them, that’s considering you play engy.

As to Darth Vanquisher maining a ranger, that’s bunch of bullkitten, he may main a ranger like I do an ele, but he’s a powerful engineer. I don’t know of whatever his ranger or warrior main is, all I know is Darth Vanquisher, engineer, don’t kitten with him.

Also Iuck, I don’t know his ranger or warrior, all I know is that necro is kitteny mofo and always getting lucky, so it has to be skills. Back in hotjoin days, he carried 8v8 games, this was when it was completely random too. He lead those games where one team would have like 300+ points from tagging everybody for rank back in those grinding days. I’ve seen him recently too, like within the last month or two.

Lastly, that website, still sucks, I bet you just added those timers because I really don’t remember seeing them. Also, I just want to watch the good games, how is brackets not set up yet? Speaking of teams, if people quit why do they still have them listed on teams? I don’t know who those teams are, I just looked at the roster. That websites seriously though, needs to stop it with the links to another link, its just annoying. Like link to the game, link to the bracket, link to the team, link to the players on the team, link to figure out what a player play as. omg so many links. Yet it still doesn’t show what they play as. I haven’t seen stunningstyles lately, did he quit too? Same with davinci. Whats up with all these people quitting? Especially when you got some pretty decent incentives, like $500 by winning a random tournament, that’s pretty good.

There really should be in game tournaments, that give you a big boost to leaderboard points. Like 50 points for 1st place finishers, that way those guys stop there yapping.. Example, weekly tournament some day, some hours, unlimited amount of people can join, give incentives for everyone like 10 gold participation. Let them be spectated. 1st place finishers get a 100 gold and 50 leaderboard points.

The community here is strong, but the developer is what I see is lacking in making it competitive and fun to play. Leaderboards is fine, balance use to be fine, get out of this engy meta, matchmaking isn’t too shabby, but in game tournaments like from the game and not the community, seriously lacking there. Being able to spectate tournament games, seriously lacking there as well. Able to swap builds with a push of a button, lacking there too. Developers need to start working on the competitive side of this, needs to stop trying to make something picture perfect, aka the leaderboards.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

ya top 3, so ya know what, get the top 2 in those classes and beat them.

Anyways, not too long ago you or I’m assuming you was with OPN when he started making posts about “22 wins 0 losses, too many newbs, yada yada yada”. Aint no different than this thread. They just went ahead and owned more games than just 22.

know, what, why don’t u two go join zoose caed and ostrich.
EXACT same comp as I was suggesting to them, that’s considering you play engy.

As to Darth Vanquisher maining a ranger, that’s bunch of bullkitten, he may main a ranger like I do an ele, but he’s a powerful engineer. I don’t know of whatever his ranger or warrior main is, all I know is Darth Vanquisher, engineer, don’t kitten with him.

Also Iuck, I don’t know his ranger or warrior, all I know is that necro is kitteny mofo and always getting lucky, so it has to be skills. Back in hotjoin days, he carried 8v8 games, this was when it was completely random too. He lead those games where one team would have like 300+ points from tagging everybody for rank back in those grinding days. I’ve seen him recently too, like within the last month or two.

Lastly, that website, still sucks, I bet you just added those timers because I really don’t remember seeing them. Also, I just want to watch the good games, how is brackets not set up yet? Speaking of teams, if people quit why do they still have them listed on teams? I don’t know who those teams are, I just looked at the roster. That websites seriously though, needs to stop it with the links to another link, its just annoying. Like link to the game, link to the bracket, link to the team, link to the players on the team, link to figure out what a player play as. omg so many links. Yet it still doesn’t show what they play as. I haven’t seen stunningstyles lately, did he quit too? Same with davinci. Whats up with all these people quitting? Especially when you got some pretty decent incentives, like $500 by winning a random tournament, that’s pretty good.

There really should be in game tournaments, that give you a big boost to leaderboard points. Like 50 points for 1st place finishers, that way those guys stop there yapping.. Example, weekly tournament some day, some hours, unlimited amount of people can join, give incentives for everyone like 10 gold participation. Let them be spectated. 1st place finishers get a 100 gold and 50 leaderboard points.

The community here is strong, but the developer is what I see is lacking in making it competitive and fun to play. Leaderboards is fine, balance use to be fine, get out of this engy meta, matchmaking isn’t too shabby, but in game tournaments like from the game and not the community, seriously lacking there. Being able to spectate tournament games, seriously lacking there as well. Able to swap builds with a push of a button, lacking there too. Developers need to start working on the competitive side of this, needs to stop trying to make something picture perfect, aka the leaderboards.

the TL;DR here is

“nobody better than people who have carried me before. websites r hard. anet is slacking”

It’s those tiny brief moments of sense in his posts that mask the troll very well.

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

Uber... I don’t even no where to start... A. I tought darth engineer... Ask him how he learned and ask him if backpack is 10x better. You will get a yes to both....

And OMG luck can carry hot join 8v8s??? That’s crazy! That is even too hard for me many.. If you could get some sick nasty videos of him doing that I’d love to learn how!! And luck is probably the best necro ever ;D

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Uber… I don’t even no where to start… A. I tought darth engineer… Ask him how he learned and ask him if backpack is 10x better. You will get a yes to both….

And OMG luck can carry hot join 8v8s??? That’s crazy! That is even too hard for me many.. If you could get some sick nasty videos of him doing that I’d love to learn how!! And luck is probably the best necro ever ;D

Well its a good thing ‘they don’t play anymore’ (according to someone)

Because concidence of me looking at rosters and seeing new candidates to fulfill same roles. OPN and /\/\oobs.

Ya’ll should just be thankful all the good players quit so you guys can be considered the good players. Like Zombify and Shan, Supcutie play anymore? The OG of GW2/ Absolute Legends of NA. Remember Saatar? All good players quit, nothing but pve scrubs and bad team comps left. Another good player Deku God, he still play?

But as to point of this thread, should you be top 5? Nope, I’d rather have an active top 5 than a never playing top 5. Should they have something to help you get to top 5? Yes, they should have weekly in game tournaments anyone can join and give out 50 points to the people who won. An official GW2 tournament, not none of this third party bullkitten. Those developers need to stop relying everything on third parties. Those other sites do more work than GW2 developers do themselves to make this game more competitive.

in PvP

Aaron.2413

Uber… I don’t even no where to start… A. I tought darth engineer… Ask him how he learned and ask him if backpack is 10x better. You will get a yes to both….

Well its a good thing ‘they don’t play anymore’ (according to someone)

Because concidence of me looking at rosters and seeing new candidates to fulfill same roles. OPN and /\/\oobs.

Ya’ll should just be thankful all the good players quit so you guys can be considered the good players. Like Zombify and Shan, Supcutie play anymore? The OG of GW2/ Absolute Legends of NA. Remember Saatar? All good players quit, nothing but pve scrubs and bad team comps left. Another good player Deku God, he still play?

But as to point of this thread, should you be top 5? Nope, I’d rather have an active top 5 than a never playing top 5. Should they have something to help you get to top 5? Yes, they should have weekly in game tournaments anyone can join and give out 50 points to the people who won. An official GW2 tournament, not none of this third party bullkitten. Those developers need to stop relying everything on third parties. Those other sites do more work than GW2 developers do themselves to make this game more competitive.

Sorry me playing three games a day isn’t active enough for you..

News flash Zombify got kicked from his team one week ago because he wasn’t good enough…

SUp cutie is a good player but he quit very recently due to his lack of success in recent times….

Shan well he quit because he wasn’t old enough…

And really? Sataarcoeny? You pick a guy who played a mediocre phantasm Mesmer on an Xbox 360 controller?? Lol…

So far you top player list is as follows

Caed zoose oeggs Zombify sataarcoeny luck darth and Shan…. Even my ranking posts aren’t that satirical

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Lastly, that website, still sucks, I bet you just added those timers because I really don’t remember seeing them.

Guilty as charged, I’m an ESL admin who is conspiring to make you look dumb.

Also, I just want to watch the good games, how is brackets not set up yet?

The signups are still open, it’s impossible to make brackets until all the teams can be seeded appropriately.

Whats up with all these people quitting? Especially when you got some pretty decent incentives, like $500 by winning a random tournament, that’s pretty good.

Are you motivated by these prizes to get better? The only players that truly seem to be motivated to answer hard questions and break their legs to grow an inch are Dodge or Die, everyone else just lacks the will

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Are you motivated by these prizes to get better? The only players that truly seem to be motivated to answer hard questions and break their legs to grow an inch are Dodge or Die, everyone else just lacks the will

It’s hard to get motivated to play tournaments when they’re set up so as a rookie team you have to face people who are way better than you on stream! Nobody wants to get wrecked live in front of thousands, sorry hundreds of people! Tiers are the answer to this problem as every single game that has matchmaking and that has tournaments have a tier system! You don’t take a high school basketball team and make them face the Knicks (and then subsequently reward the Knicks for winning lol)! Unfortunately the game population doesn’t even support a tier system! If you look at the recent tournaments there are only a handful of teams that play! I think if Mistpedia or ESL created some kind of tier system, it would encourage more PvPers to play in these tournaments because they would play against other people of the same skill level! If you then increase the rewards higher tiered players receive, it would incentivize players to get better and we can start having a more competitive scene! The competitive scene right now is like 3-4 teams at most over 6 continents! Sorry that’s just sad!

And then there’s the other issue of game being stale, one game mode after 2 and a half years, slow balance patches, etc but I digress! The thread is getting off topic! The original topic is about Backpack posing as a 3rd party to try explain the failings of the leaderboard! I mean I agree the leaderboards are pretty terrible, but lol @ this method!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

edited so i don’t get banned again

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

@Uber

One day you say I’m bad the next you say this. Please make up your mind.
Let’s be honest – I’ve been more preoccupied with school in the past 5 months than I have with this game. I’ve played like garbage recently.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If they’re that good, I’d like to see them win ESL tournaments and World Tournament series.

99 games all season is a ridiculously low number.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Aaron.2413

If they’re that good, I’d like to see them win ESL tournaments and World Tournament series.

They did. The abjured has won the last 10 weeks in ESL and they won WTS

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

They did.

I’ll shut up now.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

“You don’t take a high school basketball team and make them face the Knicks (and then subsequently reward the Knicks for winning (lol)! " —- ArrDee Frand

+1000

Boy is that ever true.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Solstice.1097

The only players that truly seem to be motivated to answer hard questions and break their legs to grow an inch are Dodge or Die, everyone else just lacks the will

Nooo you are wrong I has the will too!!!

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

@Uber

Let’s be honest – I’ve been more preoccupied with school in the past 5 months than I have with this game. I’ve played like garbage recently.

Well, Jumper X did beat you, and its all over youtube.
Everytime I get a game with Cruuk I like to rile him up and he always mentions Caed scared to 1v1 me, and that he’s the best thief NA.

I secretly want Cruuk to join GASM and GASM get some really good players and just beat the crap out of everyone.

But one thing you mentioned is what I think is why theres not much competition, and that’s because of college. I too haven’t played any games that much. Cant really tell whose the players to be watching out for right now.

From my games in past month, the only players I take note of are Thee Faux, Tron Jeremy, Tamamba Blackmorrow, Pink Puma, Kirin Xin, Max the Drnk Champ, Dolomite Jones, Raplion. I don’t like it when these guys are on the opposing team because it means I have to play really good and I normally lose to these guys so they good. If any teams are hiring I’d recommend these guys, and Eva Vermillion that person really underrated and really good.

If you had a full team of those guys, I bet they’d beat Abjured a few times out of 99 games.

But again, matchmaking, putting a couple weak links in a strong team and than having them face abjured is dumb. I wish I could see the data of the games Abjured played too, just to see who they playing against. I’ll tune in on sunday, so you guys better beat them and they better be playing. Better get rid of your weak links and get more strong link players. Theres plenty of them out there, they just be playing with a bunch of scrubs so it makes them appear to be scrubs but those I mentioned aint no scrubs.

Also, is this Abjured team comp? I’m assuming this is 3 of them with 2 randoms? When I was in this game, neither of those necromancers were that strong that I stood no chance against them. I remember that match very well, very kittened at deserters on my team, and I remember getting into 1v1 scenarios with the necro’s and owning them and outta the blue Toker pops up. Always Toker to the rescue, I really wanted to screenshot a finisher on one of those necro’s too. Don’t matter if Medi guard counters necro, don’t matter if Medi guard counters thief. Someone already told me I’m jack of trades master of none, I don’t main Medi guard and you’re supposedly the best necro and thief, I should be child’s play, but for those necros, he had a run for his money.

If you go with the comp I told you guys to go with, you’ll beat that comp in that screenshot.

One last thing, I think maybe one reason if any Abjured has 99 wins (so stupid) is because people quit right away when they see really good players on the other team.

I’ve had teams that I thought we’d win because we had good players, but somehow the bad team beat us, and if that’s possible than its possible to beat Abjured once out of 99 games with a solo que pug. I don’t believe anyone is that good to win 99 games, they have to had people leave right away.

Hence why these developers need to turn on that dishonor if they haven’t already. It’s been turned off long enough, time to turn that kitten “ON”. Make people force to fight and pull out a win out of there kitten .

Attachments:

in PvP

Narcarsis.5739

@Uber

Everytime I get a game with Cruuk I like to rile him up and he always mentions Caed scared to 1v1 me, and that he’s the best thief NA.

I secretly want Cruuk to join GASM and GASM get some really good players and just beat the crap out of everyone.

But one thing you mentioned is what I think is why theres not much competition, and that’s because of college. I too haven’t played any games that much. Cant really tell whose the players to be watching out for right now.

From my games in past month, the only players I take note of are Thee Faux, Tron Jeremy, Tamamba Blackmorrow, Pink Puma, Kirin Xin, Max the Drnk Champ, Dolomite Jones, Raplion. I don’t like it when these guys are on the opposing team because it means I have to play really good and I normally lose to these guys so they good. If any teams are hiring I’d recommend these guys, and Eva Vermillion that person really underrated and really good.

If you had a full team of those guys, I bet they’d beat Abjured a few times out of 99 games.

But again, matchmaking, putting a couple weak links in a strong team and than having them face abjured is dumb. I wish I could see the data of the games Abjured played too, just to see who they playing against. I’ll tune in on sunday, so you guys better beat them and they better be playing. Better get rid of your weak links and get more strong link players. Theres plenty of them out there, they just be playing with a bunch of scrubs so it makes them appear to be scrubs but those I mentioned aint no scrubs.

You are the single most self contradicting person I have ever seen.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

If you been losing lately Caed, maybe you should take my advice, get OPN and /\/\oobs and test the theory against them. You don’t keep going with what you have if you been losing, (10 times). You change it up. I find it hard to believe Abjured is unbeatable comp (that comp I showed a pic of, is totally beatable). 99 wins unbeatable, there had to be factors like, deserting, which leads to unfair games.
That is something anet developers need to address, which they have been lacking.
Dishonor, turned on like 2 months ago… BROKE. Remains OFF 2 months later. That coding must be insanely hard.

I’m going to watch ESL this sunday, and I’ll let you know what I think. You should really weed out the bad players though, I know its tough to tell some people they no good, but if you want to win you gotta play with only the best. You cant be the best with weak links.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

You should be getting constant matches against Lux, Drunknpozzum and other top 25 leaderboard players, those guys are considered ‘always online, grinding’…. Well the system should make you stop letting them win and getting so far ahead in the leaderboards so you collect points and get ahead and they lose points and fall behind.

Oh trust me we get them (and others) a lot. I think the other day we played Backpacks group ~7-8 times in a row during prime-time (and lost each time).

About 95% of my losses in team Q (from this past ladder test season) came from the same ~30 players.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

You should be getting constant matches against Lux, Drunknpozzum and other top 25 leaderboard players, those guys are considered ‘always online, grinding’…. Well the system should make you stop letting them win and getting so far ahead in the leaderboards so you collect points and get ahead and they lose points and fall behind.

Oh trust me we get them (and others) a lot. I think the other day we played Backpacks group ~7-8 times in a row during prime-time (and lost each time).

About 95% of my losses in team Q (from this past ladder test season) came from the same ~30 players.

Whats your team comp? Are you duo or trio queing? Is Abjured playing the comp I showed? Or is it there full fledge team?

See I been seeing Zoose and Ostrich in my games in past month, but they solo queing. If those guys go full fledge teammode, they would be knocking out teams or put up a really good fight and eventually get lucky.

What needs to happen is DoD and dK need to merge. AG Gerudo and Paradox needs to merge.

They need to look at the players I mentioned too.

Play to kittening win, those teams I mentioned I feel they compatible with each other. If you got whiners, make a Varsity team and a Junior team.

Too many teams, not enough good players playing together without weak links. Build a community.

That’s one thing I miss about the old days of GW2, seeing community type guilds. Like OP. GASM is the only community type guild we have and people give them bad rap for what they do for the community, like keeping the 1v1 community strong with there GASM 1v1 dueling server. Funny how they not even in the ESL. I’d love to see GASM come outta nowhere and be #1 NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

“SUp cutie is a good player but he quit very recently due to his lack of success in recent times….” -Aaron.

Cut 1 2 & 3

Where have all the soldiers thieves gone, long time passing?
Where have all the soldiers thieves gone, long time ago?
Where have all the soldiers thieves gone?
Gone to graveyards, everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?
Oh, when will they ever learn?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

oh for the test season I solo, duo, trio, quad, and 5Q’d constantly just to get games in with whoever on my friends list was available, if at all. Players ranging from my wife to pve-friends and people who play pvp pretty frequently. There was no one comp. Regardless, still lost to the same ~30 players, but of course we’d have done better with what I plan on running for tournaments but I was just casual Q hardcore grinding for armor.

The problem with a lot of ‘players’ is really compatibility and ego issues. A common self-defense mechanism is to blame team-mates for losses and a lot of players have these egos they’re trying to maintain—a street cred of sorts—and will typically burn bridges when losing by saying other players are kittens.

Sure you can play fantasy e-sports and say “IF THESE PLAYERS MESH THEY WOULD BE AMAZING” but in reality something as basic as philosophical differences in perspectives on splits could just completely destroy the synergy between the players.

Playing as consistently as I have since launch I’ve just adapted to that and found people I thoroughly enjoy being friends with, and then have a friends list of people I tolerate (and who tolerate me and my preferred style/philosophy) and just play to enjoy the game. Outside of this I’m at a law school that literally cuts the bottom 15% of the class and so any time I do have to enjoy the game won’t be with people who are screaming and blaming me or my friends for losses.

Actually, now that I think about it, 3 of the people I do the big tourneys with aren’t even rank 80 in pvp, and we still have performed extremely well in the ones we participated in (ToL, ToL2, ToG). I think above forcing ‘top players’ to abandon their friends to form some ultra-pug/team, people should find others whom they truly enjoy playing with and being around. For example, you could theoretically put me with a full group of rank 80’s or even triple 80’s (code for hella high rank), and that team would perform worse than me with my friends. Proof? In major tournaments we’ve beaten many full r80 teams and have seen a lot of success, even with what people consider sub-par and non-meta comps and strategies.

One major problem being that if you put me on a team that tries to micro-manage what I do, then we won’t perform nearly as well as we would if I had free reign. Logic puzzles are sort of my thing, and really that’s why Jazz and I get along so well (he’s in law school too, lol), because he realizes that, first of all, I can make the better decision than anyone else could give me if they were trying to micro, and secondly, that I will purposely leave and let us lose a fight for the greater good of victory. Other teams mid-game would ask me “WHY DID YOU LEAVE THE MID-FIGHT” and there’s plenty of reasons why that would be a superior choice, even if it resulted in losing that particular fight for the team and I won’t bore people with those nuanced situations, but the point is, I don’t play to have someone micro-manage me, regardless of how technically/mechanically good they are at the game.

Actually, thinking back (and anyone who has fought SoF before could probably vouch for this), we are probably the worst players mechanically in tournaments (meaning as a team, overall, we will not interrupt you as quickly, or punish your positioning as swiftly as other top players would), but we still manage to win games vs amazing players because we have that trust in each other to make the smart play and we rotate well.

I’m pretty sure we’ve never won a 4v4 or a 3v3 in any quarterfinal, semi-final, or finals match, but we’ve won many tournament games.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

This thread makes no sense to me. People who say “he went 99-0 cuz he’s on the best team and everyone else can’t compare.” Alright…. shouldn’t he then be #1 on the leaderboard, b/c nobody can beat him? Isn’t that the point of a leaderboard?

Even if he queues with a really good team — shouldn’t all those on his team be high on the leaderboard?

Colour me confused.

I don’t know any of the people named in the thread but if you go 99-0 and are NOT top 250, what was the guy supposed to go? He LITERALLY could not do better other than playing more (100 games is a lot, 3 games a night… reasonable). And even if he DID play on offtimes, is that like his fault? Maybe he works. There is no way other than quantity of games he could have moved up… thats SUPER lame. MMR seems to punishing such types, since they are expected to win, they have to crawl up the leaderboard one point at a time.

High MMR should give points faster, not slower. It makes no sense.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

they played a few games a day max because their queues were long even in prime time and there wasnt really any competition anyway so no fun.

They just beat DoD 2-0 and in the 2nd match DoD didn’t even get on the scoreboard.

There really isn’t any competition. There are probably players close to good enough, but not that have played together and hashed through all the details long enough to compete.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

The issue is, you have to compete in order to climb the ladder. That’s with every ladder system. The biggest issue is people are competing more than others, thus they’re going to gain more points. It’s equivalent to a golfer playing more tournaments than everyone else. Earning points is inevitable as long as you’re competing.

The Fix
Have a max game of 15 per week. It’s impossible to play more and get more points. The ladder will put everyone in place.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Solstice.1097

that is not the true fix.

the true fix is to find a way to increase player participation so that the matchmaker can be restricted to ONLY match teams with very similar MMR, and 1 point for win and -1 for loss, so that players will naturally max out on their leaderboard points. No matter how many games they play, they can’t get past their personal limit without getting better as a player or team.

if the top team was unmatched in MMR, they would not ever get a game in queue. but if it’s going to be a guaranteed roflstomp, why should they get one?

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

the true fix is to find a way to increase player participation so that the matchmaker can be restricted to ONLY match teams with very similar MMR, and 1 point for win and -1 for loss, so that players will naturally max out on their leaderboard points. No matter how many games they play, they can’t get past their personal limit without getting better as a player or team.

if the top team was unmatched in MMR, they would not ever get a game in queue. but if it’s going to be a guaranteed roflstomp, why should they get one?

You can’t just increase the player base in PvP. For the sake of argument, imagine they changed the rewards to Gold or Gems. Every PvE player and their mothers will want to PvP till their heart’s content. You’ll obviously get a large amount of grinders on the leaderboard. Same for MMR; players will have to grind their wins to increase their MMR to match a higher tier team of 99wins and 0 losses. Teams will never reach it.

Things wouldn’t change.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Solstice.1097

You can’t just increase the player base in PvP. For the sake of argument, imagine they changed the rewards to Gold or Gems. Every PvE player and their mothers will want to PvP till their heart’s content. You’ll obviously get a large amount of grinders on the leaderboard. Same for MMR; players will have to grind their wins to increase their MMR to match a higher tier team of 99wins and 0 losses. Teams will never reach it.

Things wouldn’t change.

You missed my point but probably because I stated it poorly.

My point is without a big enough player base the matchmaker can never be effective without super long queues so its inherently flawed and no “fix” will solve issues without creating new ones, unless somehow the population changes.

There is hope because as PvE players reach end game and get their legendaries and whatever else, a good portion of them move to WvW or PvP as the end game. Lots of long time PvE players are starting to get into PvP – I know this because I’m in a large PvX guild and I have personally witnessed the slow shift over time.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

The Fix
Have a max game of 15 per week. It’s impossible to play more and get more points. The ladder will put everyone in place.

This would give 10h ques to everyone…
I would rather see something like: position on ladder based on winratio with minimum of XX games played. However it could discourage many people to play after ‘lucky’ winstreak and reaching minimum of those required games.

(edited by Morwath.9817)

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

So I was browsing around, I saw the GoDecember scoreboards. Looks like some teams just lost by default? No shows?
I mean really, elusive beats radioactive and academy gaming. That’s funny.
Than I look at DoD, lost 400+ to 0. Are you guys serious? Is that guy Your boy the boy Zoose? Hman as an ele, serious?
And you talking smack about darth and Iuck playing different profession.
Hman is one of those get in your face bursty burst, you cant force someone like that to go bunker ele, it just doesn’t work.

Believe it or not, longbow ranger is a hard counter to ele, if they are sending an ele to attack your far point have that ranger there to kitten him up. Get raplion on your team I know he plays. If noscoc is seriously the problem, get a freaking medi guard, eat that guy alive. Also, good against toker. So, recap, to beat there ele’s get a ranger. To beat there necro and thief, get a medi guard. Now the engineer, I don’t know how to kitten with them. Doesn’t hurt to have another engy yourself. There comp doesn’t look like they can counter an engy so get Dolomite Jones, Thee Faux or Eva Vermillion. Get raplion or one of those rangers on AG, like Mila Storm, and sadly I don’t know of any recognizable medi guards.

Your team right now, looks like it has no dps. With team comp I just made up, it has dps and good counter.

That is just sad how you lost 436 to 0.
How sad it is that one team is winning so much because the other teams too stubborn to take advice and get other strong players to join them.
Back in days, the top team would lose a few, but today, they win all the games, and its very obvious why they do. The other teams have lots of dead weight.

You know this thread is about leaderboards and like I said before, put in a weekly in game tournament at a reasonable time, give the winners of the tournament 50 points towards the leaderboard and 100g incentive for people besides PvP’ers to come in and play it. Make it a build your team type tournament, and give everyone who participates 5 gold. So everyone has something to benefit from it and therefore it is an incentive to actually try or take notice of it.

They really need to be getting spectate mode unlimited spectators and be able to view tournament games as well.
In all sporting games you have live spectators, don’t make it seem like they will help the opposing team be a big deal because it wont and if anything it brings to the game coaches. Just like wrestling, you have a coach telling you, go go go, you gotta go! he’s tired he’s tired, finish it, etc.

But again, fact that one team is ‘unbeatable’ and makes top players lose games 0 to 500, that is just sad. Time to throw ego out of window and change and adapt. Not scoring a point and being a top player is an embarrassment. Time for team mergers, if you want to win, you have to start thinking about that. Time to get those street players and get them into tournament lifestyle.

You don’t look at someone and consider them bad because you bullied someone solo queing with your premade. Theres good people out there that solo que and I’m sure would love to team or feel apart of a team.

Sad how Ostrich Eggs made a video how to play engineer and it was very well received, but you got someone like Backpack saying he taught a good engineer like Darth Vanquisher all his tricks. Like no good engineers came out of Ostrich Eggs how to be a beast engineer video. Only Backpack teaches everyone.

Zoose video and Caed video, but lemme guess, no good players came from those, only the good ones were taught by the Abjured eles and thieves.

Good thing I don’t go with NA builds, I go with EU builds, especially with the EU youtube video of good player builds. I mean all those NA videos have to be fake unless its someone like Backpack showing you how to play engineer.

in PvP

Solstice.1097

you lost me when you said get raplion to beat abjured.

you cannot be serious.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

A wall of nonsensical gibberish

Let DoD choose who and what they would like to have on their own roster, please and thank-you. Are you some sort of PvP human resources manager, or maybe an esports matchmaker for Darth, Iuck, and Raplion? You just have so much to say about what DoD is doing wrong, when there’s surprisingly little tweaking to do.

Let me just say that DoD has a highly competitive Comp. The Abjured runs 2 Ele pointholders, and 3 Roamers (Engi, Necro, Thief). DoD runs 3 assorted War/Ele pointholders, and 2 Roamers, (Engi, Thief).

It’s a mirror comp with a minor adjustment of using a Cele Warrior over a Carrion Necro.

Zoose, Oeggs, Caed, Hman and Tarcis are all around being top 3 of their respective professions, or better.

DoD is clearly going to want to move forward, you can bet they’re going to make sure:

• Tarcis logs on to the game and plays instead of the sub. No opting to be the twitch chat cheerleader. (joking, but not really)
  • They settle on main builds for the comp. (Caed S/D vs. D/P, Oeggs P/P vs. Rifle, rumors of Zoose practicing on Fresh Air instead of D/D.)
  • They sharpen up their mechanics on these roles once decided upon.
  • Really start drilling the execution of spikes and developing skirmish synergy.

Once you have the knowledge of the game and the right players to play what you want, all it will take to be the best is practice and proper execution.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Not sure if uberkingkong is trolling or actually delusional about darth’s engi skills when he mentioned on stream practicing 1v1s vs backpack and consistently losing. I also had to point out to him on stream that using jump shot pregame doesn’t blast swiftness from static field (it can be trolling if he did it 1 time, but he did it during the 8 games at start [that I saw until I commented] in a row, legitimately thinking you blasted swiftness from a leap finisher), I will leave it at that since I knew Darth and he was a decent person on ts/in game.

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

I think uberkingkong can predict the future. We should listen to him.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

The Fix

This would give 10h ques to everyone…
I would rather see something like: position on ladder based on winratio with minimum of XX games played. However it could discourage many people to play after ‘lucky’ winstreak and reaching minimum of those required games.

Not sure how this would give everyone 10h que’s. Right now there are numerous people in TPvP queing and the seasons over. I’m not saying once you’re maxed out for the week, you’re not allowed to TPvP. You can still TPvP as normal.

Getting “luck streaks” will be no different than Backpack’s 99-0 record. Averaging it out, a player like Backpack plays 3 games a day, which is actually more than the average casual player. I would say a 10-15 cap would be fair for everyone.

1) There’s a cap of X amount of games you earn credit from.
2) People have to play X amount of games a week in order to reach their maximum point cap.
3) The participation effect that Anet wanted is still there, except without the huge grind.

If high tier players choose to play @ 4:00am against very low MMR teams and win all their games, then they’ll only receive 1 rank point (if any) per win due to their MMR being so low.

Or they can play at peek times (the day before and after reset) and possibly get matched up with higher MMR teams and receive 2 or 3 rank points. Wondering if you’re going to face a high or low MMR team will be no different than the current system.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Booms.2594

, and sadly I don’t know of any recognizable medi guards.

after all those compliments ;_;

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Uber, you must really care about this. I’ve never seen someone so passionate in riding a sinking ship. This isn’t fantasy esports, you can’t draft your favorite players and pit them against the top team. Even if you stuck them all together they wouldn’t have the synergy of a team just because they’re good.

Honestly, you’re better off cutting your losses. Look, Saiyan was decent enough to show you how.

They did. The abjured has won the last 10 weeks in ESL and they won WTS

I’ll shut up now.

in PvP

Posted by: Akumetsu.8591

Akumetsu.8591

this all reminds me of when PZ was unstoppable … EGO WARS 2 !

One hope, One dream, One Dagger Thief
K U R A Enguard [ENG], Pretty Princess Squad [MEN]

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

@Uber

Also, is this Abjured team comp? I’m assuming this is 3 of them with 2 randoms? When I was in this game, neither of those necromancers were that strong that I stood no chance against them. I remember that match very well, very kittened at deserters on my team, and I remember getting into 1v1 scenarios with the necro’s and owning them and outta the blue Toker pops up. Always Toker to the rescue, I really wanted to screenshot a finisher on one of those necro’s too. Don’t matter if Medi guard counters necro, don’t matter if Medi guard counters thief. Someone already told me I’m jack of trades master of none, I don’t main Medi guard and you’re supposedly the best necro and thief, I should be child’s play, but for those necros, he had a run for his money.

If you go with the comp I told you guys to go with, you’ll beat that comp in that screenshot.

One last thing, I think maybe one reason if any Abjured has 99 wins (so stupid) is because people quit right away when they see really good players on the other team.

I’ve had teams that I thought we’d win because we had good players, but somehow the bad team beat us, and if that’s possible than its possible to beat Abjured once out of 99 games with a solo que pug. I don’t believe anyone is that good to win 99 games, they have to had people leave right away.

Hence why these developers need to turn on that dishonor if they haven’t already. It’s been turned off long enough, time to turn that kitten “ON”. Make people force to fight and pull out a win out of there kitten .

Puma, the players I queue with, and I are a tier below abjures/radioactive/dod. We lose to them.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Current leaderboard is just grinding games, anybody and i mean ANYBODY could grind enough to be top 25

Depends on your luck really or if you join a team of good players.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I kinda feel bad for backpack. He’s too young to qualify for tournies and too stuck in playing team for high leaderboard. 2/3 losses.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The vast amount of players playing N/A don’t want to put in the work or take it as seriously as the Abjured does. So they aren’t going to have any real competition any time soon. People probably don’t fee it’s worth it. Thats not a knock on either party. It’s a knock on A-net. Even if there were a few more really good teams there still wouldn’t be much competition. So you would get 95-4 instead of 99-0. The answer would be significantly increasing the player base so you could have a tight league season where you were always playing people of similar skill and group type. I just don’t see that happening.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

The game/competitive scene is a joke when one team wins 10 weeks in a row

The second best team in the game gets rekt 400+ to 0

Why are we even going to do Pax East? Mail Abjured the checks already

We need an influx of hundreds of serious PvP minded players this game is ridiculously casual and MMO players in general are NOT competitive

in PvP

Narcarsis.5739

The vast amount of players playing N/A don’t want to put in the work or take it as seriously as the Abjured does. So they aren’t going to have any real competition any time soon.

This. We have practiced maybe three or four times. Abjured plays almost every day. On top of that they refuse to scrim so there’s hardly any point to play the game when your best source of improvement harbours feelings towards a certain individual and denies that. Solo queue and Team queue are a waste of time as well. Our best practice would be during the weeklies if we were able to get everyone on.

Anywho, doesn’t matter much in the grander scheme of life.

in PvP

Booms.2594

The vast amount of players playing N/A don’t want to put in the work or take it as seriously as the Abjured does. So they aren’t going to have any real competition any time soon.

This. We have practiced maybe three or four times. Abjured plays almost every day. On top of that they refuse to scrim so there’s hardly any point to play the game when your best source of improvement harbours feelings towards a certain individual and denies that. Solo queue and Team queue are a waste of time as well. Our best practice would be during the weeklies if we were able to get everyone on.

Anywho, doesn’t matter much in the grander scheme of life.

Radioactive practices multiple hours evey day of the week but it hardly matters when we try to make something incredibly ineffective like double power necro + bunk guard work.

gerdian