Gold From SPVP

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: wux.7314

wux.7314

Ok so I play WvW mostly but love to SPVP sometimes too. I often think it is very unfair though that SPVP does not reward players with gold. Why should WvW players get gold and SPVP players none? SPVP players need gold too… Even if it is only 1s per victory. Why should every other game area give gold apart from SPVP? Many SPVP players do other content so why should they be penalised fanatically when they SPVP? Some players only SPVP and how is it fair that they can never get any gold?

My suggestion is to keep this thread bumped until anet does something about this ridiculous issue that has been in game since release or at least acknowledges it…

Thanks

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: dday.9532

dday.9532

We also need to get exp.
it took me from launch to july to play wvw
because it took me 11 months to get an 80 because i cant stand pve.
in the end i had to pay gems and craft to 80.

gold+exp would bring alot of spvpers to wvw, and alot of pvers n wvw players to pvp because they wouldnt have to halt their progression.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Major problem:

Skyhammer farming.

If this stays in game, PvP will be abused to farm gold and will just become another farmspot for PvE.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

@skyhammerfarm
Implementing any rewards into hotjoin would be a serious mistake.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

20 silver loot from each Match win reward chest, also chance for unique skin for PvP/PvE, so you can sell it on TP + unique minipets.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Tournament play needs an incentive..

Imho 50s would not be too much for 8-10 minute on average matches
You could get 6 times more running a dungeon.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Tournament play needs an incentive..

Imho 50s would not be too much for 8-10 minute on average matches
You could get 6 times more running a dungeon.

That’s a bit much i think. Don’t forget that any kind of direct income we may get would take gem prices even higher for everyone. That’s why i think skins and other things would worth it more, because that wouldn’t really affect other prices.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Darnis.4056

50s Is actually the number thrown around by devs in a livestream some time ago..

Right now my income per win is around 34-50cp on average..
Maybe direct gold isn’t the answer, I only want skins honestly, I could care less about pve.

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Cruuk.1824

Cruuk.1824

you mean we could maybe get something useful from chests.. BLASPHEMY!

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Remove dailies from tournaments only for hot joins I cant stand losing because A dungeon master needed the cap to get his daily done thats why he came to cap it with me

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

from spvp, it’s so easy to get gold. I know that you mean you want gold as a reward, but if you build up your glory enough somewhere in the 200k+ and save your arcane mats, you can buy tons of consumable tokens and make endless dyes! I got a celestial dye on my 3 attempt ftw

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I’d prefer to see pvp rewards be tied to account wide reusable skins (similar system as the Anet point unlock skins) for different tier levels… Like, at level 40 you unlock a new weapon skin and armor set. This along with the removal of glory for specific actions instead of winning would really help the PvP scene.

Ranger//Necro

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

from spvp, it’s so easy to get gold. I know that you mean you want gold as a reward, but if you build up your glory enough somewhere in the 200k+ and save your arcane mats, you can buy tons of consumable tokens and make endless dyes! I got a celestial dye on my 3 attempt ftw

Well, I don’t think 1 year of work should be rewarded with RNG only, to get max 40g if you are lucky. While it takes only 1 week in PvE to make this amount as a fix income.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

+1 I think most of us agree. I enjoy WvW and i’m penalized because i can’t get gear.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

gimmie 50s for all my tourney games plx.

Shuriyo

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I would have 1,500 Gold now if that was true for all the tourney wins and be as rich as a PVE player =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

I would have 1,500 Gold now if that was true for all the tourney wins and be as rich as a PVE player =]

And the sad part is you probably deserve more… most pve’ers who played as much as us have made 5k+++ in gold

[SoF]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

We also need to get exp.
it took me from launch to july to play wvw
because it took me 11 months to get an 80 because i cant stand pve.
in the end i had to pay gems and craft to 80.

gold+exp would bring alot of spvpers to wvw, and alot of pvers n wvw players to pvp because they wouldnt have to halt their progression.

So true, I could only get to level 40 before I quit and went looking at other games. The pve is fine in GW2 its just I too can’t stand pve in general. I spend nearly all my time in spvp and there is nothing that crosses over to other parts of the game except bags and class knowledge.

Probably like many other spvpers I would love to pvp in WvW as well but I just can’t do the pve/ WvW grind- it literally makes me quit playing the game.

I don’t know if the answer is gold or xp or karma or whatever, but I would love some way to leverage my hundreds of hours of spvp play time to be able to join WvW at a competitive level.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Gems should be the pvp currency, like it was in the past(payed tournaments). Pvp´ers could buy slots and stuff and mixed players could change them into gold.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Gems should be the pvp currency, like it was in the past(payed tournaments). Pvp´ers could buy slots and stuff and mixed players could change them into gold.

Which would drastically decrease Arenanet’s income if the population would start to grow. Won’t happen again.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Gold, or additional rewards should be only in the tourney format. Not hotjoin/custom.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I want it because my characters never get to 80, but at the same time I don’t want it because of the kill boosting that would happen.

Hotjoins? Half the servers will be skyhammer farm because it would actually give something meaningful now. If you rewarded it as a win for tournaments? Half the players would be rank 1s.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Darnis.4056

If I ever got my hands on 1,5k gold from my tourny wins I’d just buy out the gem market….

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

CMstorm.8679

making/combining dyes is actually really easy to do and it’s super rewarding

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Darnis.4056

What’s your gold per hour for dyes?
I can quote you mine but I’m really interested in yours.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

CMstorm.8679

oh idk, mines not quite exact, but per hour id say at least 5g. it really varies a lot. i get anywhere from 5g-20g per hour. Depends on how much glory I have and how much arcane materials i have…

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Around 1 silver I guess. But only if que doesn’t take 10 mins and if I am willing to rejoin after having braindeads, because population is so low I can be sure to have them again.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Darnis.4056

5-20 Gold per hour? You’re either extraordinarily bad at math or you’ve found a gold mine somewhere.

Two alternatives to gain materials; Skyhammer hero at 11k per hour which gets you 11 gold chests, or tournies.. whichever you choose the math holds up.

Lets assume you win all your matches per hour and each match ends within 6 minutes and ques are instant, so 10 matches per hour. 10 Gold chests and around 200 glory per (For consumable tokens)
Lets also assume Every chest grants you enough materials to craft a single dye
(Really Generous I know)
Lets also assume it takes you 0 time to actually craft the dyes and salvage the items because you’re doing it in between instant ques.

So 10 Dyes per hour; which means you usually end up with 1Yellow 2 uncommons and 7 commons, Commons sell for about 1 silver each after taxes at max, uncommons can go from 1 silver to 15 silver and most rares sell from 15 to 80 silver. with some outliers going for 8 15 and 31 gold which are expensive for a reason they’re ultra rare.

Now . Care to give me your gold per hour?

(edited by Darnis.4056)

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: asuna.6541

asuna.6541

Around 1 silver I guess. But only if que doesn’t take 10 mins and if I am willing to rejoin after having braindeads, because population is so low I can be sure to have them again.

You can hotjoin skyhammer farm glory while waitin for tourney queue. Then buy chests for 200glory.

However, as a PVP player you don’t really have much need for gold aside for getting character slots and/or custom arenas. Just making dyes from tourney chests alone is enough income to buy those things. Now if you like nifty toys in the trading post that come out every few weeks thats a different story.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I would not mind the gold. But the crappy unwashed populace being what it is we would get farmers ignoring the game to farm. I mean, kitten, we already got farming for something as meaningless and useless as rank. We got people spectating when their team starts to lose just to re-join on the winning side.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

i would vote for the same reward as from mini games… their concept is the same as spvp, i have no idea why they have rewards and spvp doesnt…

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

CMstorm.8679

5-20 Gold per hour? You’re either extraordinarily bad at math or you’ve found a gold mine somewhere.

Two alternatives to gain materials; Skyhammer hero at 11k per hour which gets you 11 gold chests, or tournies.. whichever you choose the math holds up.

Lets assume you win all your matches per hour and each match ends within 6 minutes and ques are instant, so 10 matches per hour. 10 Gold chests and around 200 glory per (For consumable tokens)
Lets also assume Every chest grants you enough materials to craft a single dye
(Really Generous I know)
Lets also assume it takes you 0 time to actually craft the dyes and salvage the items because you’re doing it in between instant ques.

So 10 Dyes per hour; which means you usually end up with 1Yellow 2 uncommons and 7 commons, Commons sell for about 1 silver each after taxes at max, uncommons can go from 1 silver to 15 silver and most rares sell from 15 to 80 silver. with some outliers going for 8 15 and 31 gold which are expensive for a reason they’re ultra rare.

Now . Care to give me your gold per hour?

you do know that you can combine dyes in the forge and get a better quality dye each time…but it really depends on how often you do hot join or skyhammer farm/glory income. Some dyes that i’d make or combine wouldn’t be quite as good as others and other dyes would be amazing.
I already had 250 arcane powders and crystals. I use a lot of my slivers on crafting paid tourney gear, and everything up to rank40. But i did have about 30 slivers left over, and I bought like 15 gold rank chests and a few silver chests and salvaged the gear from that for some more slivers. I still had around 320k glory. Then I bought my consumable tokens, and crafted away.

But I guess the gold I earn per hour would really be low, because like you said, i’d have to do enough matches to earn the glory and have enough materials to but consumable tokens and craft the dye.
I just really meant that with 150k+ glory, if you crafted dyes, you could easily make at least 10g, if not, more.
You could just go hotjoin or skyhammer farm for however long you want until you have a good 100k glory then get the mats and craft dyes.
And plus you do have a chance to get a more unique rare dye when you craft. But it’s not entirely reliable. So, I guess my wording was off a little there…

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Ok so I play WvW mostly but love to SPVP sometimes too. I often think it is very unfair though that SPVP does not reward players with gold. Why should WvW players get gold and SPVP players none? SPVP players need gold too… Even if it is only 1s per victory. Why should every other game area give gold apart from SPVP? Many SPVP players do other content so why should they be penalised fanatically when they SPVP? Some players only SPVP and how is it fair that they can never get any gold?

My suggestion is to keep this thread bumped until anet does something about this ridiculous issue that has been in game since release or at least acknowledges it…

Thanks

You can spend 10 min on fresh account and bam, you have 5 fully equipped characters with right builds, ready to fight with anything in sPvP/soloQ/tPvP on equal ground.
Guess how much time and gold you need to achieve same result for WvW?
And another thing about gold – average gold per hour for PvE and WvW player is completely uncomparable, in PvE you can get it MUCH faster.

I agree that sPvP reward system shall be reworked, made less grindy overall and need new rewards for high-level activity, such as tournaments. IMO tradeable skins (instead of usual account-bound ones) as rewards for tPvP will be good idea.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Uhm..dunno, a dng speedrun is 5-10min and u get min. 1 gold for it.

Probably a 50s isn’t too much if u win a tpvp match.

50s for soloqueue and 1 gold for team queue imho.

More glory and better rewards for tpvp too.

Glory to money is a bad design if the main core of glory remains hot join (and farming hammer)

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Thanks

THANK YOU for this post and not QQing about 1,000 other things. Just a simple suggestion post. Thank you!

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Munnies

/15char

Attachments:

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Thanks

THANK YOU for this post and not QQing about 1,000 other things. Just a simple suggestion post. Thank you!

You still need in gold in WvW to craft/buy gear. In sPVP its all free. The only need to have gold is to buy gems for custom arena, but even that isn’t a necessity. It will be nice to have extra gold to buy toys/skins though.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

As gold would change something. If you need gold go PvE. PvP has glory as its currency. Let A-Net make something with it. We don’t need more PvE players in here.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Nilsen.2063

Nilsen.2063

As gold would change something. If you need gold go PvE. PvP has glory as its currency. Let A-Net make something with it. We don’t need more PvE players in here.

my words

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

And why not?
I know i know your sad about pves farming glory. Its an exploit that needs to be fixed. But trying to discourage PvEs from playing pvp is not the way to go about making a fun pvp game.

Where do you think pvp players come from? Most people don’t come into the game being pvp masters and fanatics. They play pve, get bored, try out pvp, get stomped and eventually keep trying till they get it.

So why would you not want as big a player base as possible. To cull out as many new pvpers as possible. Yes glory is terrible it ALSO needs to be revamped but there is no reason for sPvP to be the only area of the game where you get nothing of value from. The only area where you can’t level your alt (hell i can level my alts mining ore), and lastly the only area of the game where i can’t play for a few hours and get 50 greens and blues shoved down my throat and at least make a gold so i can dump that into a legendary.

I don’t know anyone who only plays one aspect of the game so why not encourage connectivity between them. And one way to do that is not only to reward pvpers but to entice everyone alike to come to pvp

TL:DR – Gold = Bigger Player base, Bigger player base = more pvpers, more pvpers = more content. PS – pvpers wouldn’t complain about getting rewards

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

You can hotjoin skyhammer farm glory while waitin for tourney queue. Then buy chests for 200glory.

However, as a PVP player you don’t really have much need for gold aside for getting character slots and/or custom arenas. Just making dyes from tourney chests alone is enough income to buy those things. Now if you like nifty toys in the trading post that come out every few weeks thats a different story.

Most of the new skins come for black lion chest/trading post. I will never have 200g for a Scythe staff from PvP. If price drops to 30g, that’s still like a year.

Some people say nothing costs gold in PvP, but we are expluded from new skins, gemstore, minipets, so like.. most of the new things.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

And why not?
I know i know your sad about pves farming glory. Its an exploit that needs to be fixed. But trying to discourage PvEs from playing pvp is not the way to go about making a fun pvp game.

Where do you think pvp players come from? Most people don’t come into the game being pvp masters and fanatics. They play pve, get bored, try out pvp, get stomped and eventually keep trying till they get it.

So why would you not want as big a player base as possible. To cull out as many new pvpers as possible. Yes glory is terrible it ALSO needs to be revamped but there is no reason for sPvP to be the only area of the game where you get nothing of value from. The only area where you can’t level your alt (hell i can level my alts mining ore), and lastly the only area of the game where i can’t play for a few hours and get 50 greens and blues shoved down my throat and at least make a gold so i can dump that into a legendary.

I don’t know anyone who only plays one aspect of the game so why not encourage connectivity between them. And one way to do that is not only to reward pvpers but to entice everyone alike to come to pvp

TL:DR – Gold = Bigger Player base, Bigger player base = more pvpers, more pvpers = more content. PS – pvpers wouldn’t complain about getting rewards

/facepalm

The PvP Players came from GW1 PVP and from other games, where they played PVP, just so you know.

However: As long as the main structure of GW2 is not enjoyable aka cheesy builds, grind-fest etc. it doesn’t matter how many players you could attract. If you bring gold as an incentive they farm gold there. Is the game better then? Instead of rank you farm gold, problem not solved. The main aspect of PVP should be competition and not to have as many players playing it and force them with some cosmethics to do so. Why there are still ppl in PvP? Because there is a daily achievement for it. Gold is a side-aspect and has no influence over PvP. For more details look at LoL / Smite etc.

PPL like you should stop thinking in so small patterns. You need to look at the WHOLE structure of it.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

And why not?

/facepalm

The PvP Players came from GW1 PVP and from other games, where they played PVP, just so you know.

However: As long as the main structure of GW2 is not enjoyable aka cheesy builds, grind-fest etc. it doesn’t matter how many players you could attract. If you bring gold as an incentive they farm gold there. Is the game better then? Instead of rank you farm gold, problem not solved. The main aspect of PVP should be competition and not to have as many players playing it and force them with some cosmethics to do so. Why there are still ppl in PvP? Because there is a daily achievement for it. Gold is a side-aspect and has no influence over PvP. For more details look at LoL / Smite etc.

PPL like you should stop thinking in so small patterns. You need to look at the WHOLE structure of it.

In LoL/Smite and so on, you can get anything from what you do. It’s not the case here. I can’t have the new skins. I can’t have character slots. I can’t haveinstruments. I can’t have 90% of the new things, not to mention content updates for PvP just don’t exist, so at least we should get the reward somehow.

GW1 PvP players were rich, filthy, filthy rich. Don’t forget.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Kentrey.3251

/facepalm

And i still think you’re wrong, respectively so. I think a lot of the tourney players i see more than likely have always been pvpers. And i say mostly because a lot of them are also people who are in the game for the first time and after 2 – 3 hotjoins start tournaments.

Noone is saying that all of pvp doesn’t need revamping. New game modes, a much better ranking system, hell heart of the mist being redone. Agree agree agree. (though this is honestly one of the best balanced games i’ve ever played as well as one with the least amount of cheesy builds, i mean honestly how often do you still see people spamming heartseaker).

Yes yes it is. No matter what the reason they come to PvP if more people are there it is better. Yes its wrong if they aren’t playing to game the way its meant to be played (standing afk just till the match ends to get 2 silver) but that is why is has to be implemented well. And if you really think people play pvp only for the daily you’ve gotta be crazy. When you can also get that same daily by crafting 10 copper swords, salavaging them, doing a LA JP, and then doing ore runs and killing 5 vets on the way. People still play PvP because people like pvp, as bad as the system around it is. Yes dailies are an extra incentive to keep people playing it which is why there should be more.

And that argument, gold has nothing to do with pvp, has to be one of the worst i’ve ever heard. And what about WvW? What do you do with gold there? You buy seige (which could easily have the gold cost taken away in place of just tokens), you buy weapons and armor (see point before), or repair (which at 2 silver a pop could just be done for free). So why is gold there. Because over the course of laying WvW all the events that are awarding you these incentives give you a feeling of accomplishment that can be used almost anywhere else making you want to play it more.

And i still don’t understand how that is small circles. You say you want better infrastructure? Why hasn’t pvp gotten that? It isnt because Anet hates pvpers. Its most likely because pvp is the least represented group (not on the forums of course) out of all sections of the game. Okay how do you increase that……by bringing in more people to pvp. More people, means more attentions. You get more good and bad players. You get more content. You get more rewards. You just get more.

If you want a group of 100 hardcore players who just love pvp be my guest. But i would like a community bigger than wvw where i have as many matches and teams as i want to choose from

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

And why not?

/facepalm

In LoL/Smite and so on, you can get anything from what you do. It’s not the case here. I can’t have the new skins. I can’t have character slots. I can’t haveinstruments. I can’t have 90% of the new things, not to mention content updates for PvP just don’t exist, so at least we should get the reward somehow.

Glory should stand for all these things like Balthazar-Points did in GW1. The problem is there are no “Zaishen-Keys” in GW2. A-Net had clearly no concept of glory. That’s happen when you release a Game, which is still in the early Alpha-State PvP-Wise.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

You sure?
I played only PvP in GW1 and I were obscenely poor.
The only ways to become rich in GW1 were either drop a mini Ghostly Hero from HoH chest, win Hero Battle tournaments or bet on GvG tournaments.
Then Hero Battle was removed, match betting too if I’m not wrong, so your only chance to become rich was to drop Ghostly Hero (almost impossible) or get 1c for every 10 faction through Zaishen keys.

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

You sure?
I played only PvP in GW1 and I were obscenely poor.
The only ways to become rich in GW1 were either drop a mini Ghostly Hero from HoH chest, win Hero Battle tournaments or bet on GvG tournaments.
Then Hero Battle was removed, match betting too if I’m not wrong, so your only chance to become rich was to drop Ghostly Hero (almost impossible) or get 1c for every 10 faction through Zaishen keys.

Participating in a qualification for monthly GvG (took us like 1 hour) awarded 12 Zaishen keys, almost the price of an elite-armor set.

Casually playing RA/HA/GvG/codex/JQ also gave like 2 Zaishen keys a day, later when zaishen quests and match win chests were added, I could make 5-10 Zaishen keys in some hours + the boxes that had the same value + zaishen coins from the quests.

I’ve earned more money than some PvE farmers by actually just doing PvP on casual level! Imagine the ones holding Halls for hours or the ones winning GvG monthly tournaments.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Kentrey.3251

Participating in a qualification for monthly GvG (took us like 1 hour) awarded 12 Zaishen keys, almost the price of an elite-armor set.

Casually playing RA/HA/GvG/codex/JQ also gave like 2 Zaishen keys a day, later when zaishen quests and match win chests were added, I could make 5-10 Zaishen keys in some hours + the boxes that had the same value + zaishen coins from the quests.

I’ve earned more money than some PvE farmers by actually just doing PvP on casual level! Imagine the ones holding Halls for hours or the ones winning GvG monthly tournaments.

I didn’t play GW1 but i gotta admit whatever that is. It sounds fun. And amazing. And i’m guessing a lot of people did pvp in gw1 right? Not only because these balthzar points (aka glory points?) meant something. But because there were actual rewards to be gained from doing well right? That sounds like why there should be gold in sPvP.

And i’m not saying gold is the end all answer to it. In actuality i would personally like it if there where actual chest for achieving things during matches even more so during tourney matches where you get things as lucrative as champ bags from them.

So not only new people would want to pvp for rewards (and fun) but people who pvped all the time didn’t feel like they were behind everyone else in the game

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: tiko.9206

tiko.9206

Glory should stand for all these things like Balthazar-Points did in GW1. The problem is there are no “Zaishen-Keys” in GW2. A-Net had clearly no concept of glory. That’s happen when you release a Game, which is still in the early Alpha-State PvP-Wise.

This. Zaishen-Keys would just be great. I also love the model of earning better rewards in higher ratings (like titles (e.g. champ-title in gw1) or better chances to get rare skins). This would be avoid PvE-gold-farmers, and would be an incentive to train and get better. But this implies a proper rating system…

I Am Elementalist – Ele for [CroW] – tPvP

Gold From SPVP

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

What do you mean for “match win chests”? I never heard about them.
About Zaishen Quests, you weren’t able to get a single ZKey doing the PvP quest as far as I remember.