Goodbye Counterplay?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Ugh…I feel for the devs that have to read through threads like these. There’s so much “OMFG I hate this, but won’t articulate why!” and “Ur just bad duel me bro lolol” and other useless rhetoric that does next to nothing for fostering any kind of useful discussion…

Anyways, here’s my thoughts:
From the condi perspective, I don’t see why this change is needed, but I concede that it’s possible the situation after all the balance changes/specializations/etc. that may make this a sensible change.

From the boon perspective, I think this is going to be a really unpopular move. Almost all players will feel slower since we play a game without mounts and travelling with swiftness and leaps is what gets us around. This will really kill a lot of joy from players who are used to moving around at a certain pace. In PvP games, it should also slow the pace and remove the reward from teams that focus on rotating well.

I would suggest this compromise: Keep the condi changes, but allow leaps to increase movement distance under boons (swiftness) IF the player is not snared with cripple/chill.

People have said why, and you just went the exact opposite route. They’re upset that this buffs mobility and removes what little counter play we already had against a fleeing opponent (especially warriors, in this case). Your suggestion takes everything we’re worried about and makes it that much worse. These “movement impairing effects” are supposed to impair movement, and if that’s taken away that cripples classes that rely on soft CC versus mobility during combat, especially things like necromancer who they refuse to give meaningful and on-demand mobility to. (New reaper leap is both LF and Elite specialization locked, so not “reliable”.)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

They better RLT all movement skills. Or at least require them to have a target or long CD.

Approved.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I was wondering whether slow would affect movement skills. If so, then it’s likely Anet’s “let’s make a new condition that has enormous overlap with current conditions” forced them into this in order to make the new condition more unique (and to push people to get HoT).

Slow is quite different to chill/ cripple, though. It affects skill animations and not movement. They only overlap on leap skills.

They better RLT all movement skills. Or at least require them to have a target or long CD.

Approved.

It’s the only change that makes sense after the announced one. Leap skills will literaly change from being counterplayed by – to be able to counterplay cripple/ chill. Roles were reverted, which will potentially make chill and especially cripple too weak in situations where they should have been strong at, and make leaps skills too strong when they should be weak at. The only way to preserve their balance is to make leap skills rarer by giving them higher cooldowns, or just downright nerfing their effect.

But what is more satisfying for a game? Stronger tools that can be counterplayed, or weaker tools that can not be counterplayed? The former is far more exciting, rewarding and satisfying. A game where there is a lack of counterplay and where everything feels weak is a boring game. A game where good plays give you good results is an exciting game because it creates exciting, high tension moments, and a satifying game because it rewards player mastery.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

A shoutbow will never die again lol.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I posted this in it’s own thread, but can we please wait to play the patch before passing judgment. I’m assuming this change was because with the addition of Slow some melee specs became unviable. Maybe they tested the new Engi Hammer and discovered that it was useless vs Reaper and Chronomancer.

Put away the pitchforks and wait please.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I like the RTL suggestion.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I posted this in it’s own thread, but can we please wait to play the patch before passing judgment.

For a different game company this may be a good idea. Not for Anet. Fact is that the interval between balance patches is extremely long for this game.

If this turns out to be a bad change, it will be in the game for at least 6 months before it’s dealt with. So players simply can’t afford to “wait and see.” It’s too risky.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

I posted this in it’s own thread, but can we please wait to play the patch before passing judgment.

For a different game company this may be a good idea. Not for Anet. Fact is that the interval between balance patches is extremely long for this game.

If this turns out to be a bad change, it will be in the game for at least 6 months before it’s dealt with. So players simply can’t afford to “wait and see.” It’s too risky.

Then it will get nerfed by 8% after about a year with little effect haha

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

But since we know ANet we also know that it’s unlikely for this change to be altered before the patch because it is very rare for anything to change due to feedback this close to the patch.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

But since we know ANet we also know that it’s unlikely for this change to be altered before the patch because it is very rare for anything to change due to feedback this close to the patch.

No doubt. But what can you do? When balance comes twice a year — and there’s no betas to catch bad changes — every update is high stakes. You can’t afford not to speak up even if there’s little chance of action.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I feel that the nerf to boons and speed buffs affecting movement skills is warranted but the change to conditions affecting movement skills is not.

With how capable a lot classes are at leaping away and disengaging being able to slow their leap or whatever movement skill they have was one of the ways we used to ensure the kill. Now that this is removed, those classes will escape all the more easily.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

I feel that the nerf to boons and speed buffs affecting movement skills is warranted but the change to conditions affecting movement skills is not.

With how capable a lot classes are at leaping away and disengaging being able to slow their leap or whatever movement skill they have was one of the ways we used to ensure the kill. Now that this is removed, those classes will escape all the more easily.

gs wars (currently most useless spec) will have ONE buffed escape tool at a cd of 20 sec (whirlwind distance is a joke)…..NOTHING OP here…..shoutbow has savage leap….but guess what the shoutbow hardly gains anything from this cause of perma condi removal and cele amu gets nerfed anyway…correct? hammer leap is and never has been a viable escape tool eviscerate atm is brokenly underpowered much like warri gs….them skills/weps become viable again and will probably create for some variety to the shoutbow only builds….ps read some of the baseline buffs rangers get… stop pre hate nerfing warriors….. ps. slow slow slow slow it’s all about slow…..chill cripple and slow on one target would destroy pvp in a month…wake up it’s all about slow introduction

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

full melee builds are already at extreme disadvantage. A: no range or hardly any (sure it’s his/her own choiceto roll full melee but the option is there and should be somewhat viable wich it is not atm) B: no higher damage then ranged classes have…mesmer and ranger ranged dps is equal or superior to melee dps (cause of range, aka more easily obtained hits….cause of range. get it?)with cripple and chill shutting down the already in disadvantaged melee player the gap is even bigger….now with the introduction of slow something HAD to change in favour of mobility (tho it get’s some cons too)wth are you guys crying over….realy? nothing but hate anti anti anti….yet the shoutbow only wars is what makes you guys sick as well…ps. this doesn’t even affect warris only….others do too AND REAPER get’s a dash…..it’s win for balance/fun/build variety….it’s salt for haters that have become accustomed to spamming cripple and chill and probably play porting classes only

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

snip

Well its the same thing for every other class, every medi guard is hammer now, every thief is d/p, every ele is d/d, every engi is cele rifle, every mesmer is shatter. Also, it has nothing to do with warriors not being in the meta. If my main was in the meta I would be advocating for buffs to classes that weren’t in the meta first, and builds that weren’t second (That’s the difference between you and me, I’m looking for balance not to be an overlord). Many warrior players seem to have this ego that every one of their builds should be meta, even though there are classes that have barely been represented in competitive pvp at all (aka necros for less than two months, and rangers for less than a year).

If I had to make a list of classes I think should be out of the meta first this would be it:

1) Thief (been meta since day 1)
2) Guard (^)
3,4,5) Ele, Warr and Engi (all had similar time in meta from what I remember)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

why should be ANY class be out of meta….? if anything game should make any class have decent spot in meta…

Do you know why thats not gonna happen right? Thieves pushes out other zerker classes cept medi guard out of the meta.

How is that gonna happen when your class is so defensive about issues on counterplay?

- thieves don’t push other zerkers out of meta, conquest does… why? one word: moblity
- how are anet decisions and class balance are related to attitude of thief players? that is just pure flaming right here

no thieves do…it’s the sme in wvw roaming/duels thieves entirely outclass all other on zerker except medi guard maybe and even then only if the thief decides to stay instead of free disengage 24/7

- how? please explain
- wat? last time i checked thieves weren’t best 1v1 class actually and pvp wasn’t about 1v1

Lol please, you can’t blame conquest when as long as there’s a “room” for people to run around, it favors zerker with the best mobility and disengage.
btw thief hunts down all zerker in 5v5, it’s just way too easy to perform as zerker thief then any other zerker there are in a 5v5

and not sure why people complaining about GS war, like it isnt even good to begin with lol.

(edited by lighter.2708)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

snip

Well its the same thing for every other class, every medi guard is hammer now, every thief is d/p, every ele is d/d, every engi is cele rifle, every mesmer is shatter. Also, it has nothing to do with warriors not being in the meta. If my main was in the meta I would be advocating for buffs to classes that weren’t in the meta first, and builds that weren’t second (That’s the difference between you and me, I’m looking for balance not to be an overlord). Many warrior players seem to have this ego that every one of their builds should be meta, even though there are classes that have barely been represented in competitive pvp at all (aka necros for less than two months, and rangers for less than a year).

If I had to make a list of classes I think should be out of the meta first this would be it:

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

why should be ANY class be out of meta….? if anything game should make any class have decent spot in meta…

Do you know why thats not gonna happen right? Thieves pushes out other zerker classes cept medi guard out of the meta.

How is that gonna happen when your class is so defensive about issues on counterplay?

- thieves don’t push other zerkers out of meta, conquest does… why? one word: moblity
- how are anet decisions and class balance are related to attitude of thief players? that is just pure flaming right here

no thieves do…it’s the sme in wvw roaming/duels thieves entirely outclass all other on zerker except medi guard maybe and even then only if the thief decides to stay instead of free disengage 24/7

- how? please explain
- wat? last time i checked thieves weren’t best 1v1 class actually and pvp wasn’t about 1v1

Lol please, you can’t blame conquest when as long as there’s a “room” for people to run around, it favors zerker with the best mobility and disengage.
btw thief hunts down all zerker in 5v5, it’s just way too easy to perform as zerker thief then any other zerker there are in a 5v5

and not sure why people complaining about GS war, like it isnt even good to begin with lol.

amen, it isn’t even good to begin with (gs warri) yet it get’s a bit of a buff that affects others too…and like I said before…a con too…yet the community goes balistic…this is a true showcase of pure hate and anti warri spouting more then actually delivering feedback or explanation or reasoning for that matter…stop stop stop, these changes are awesome and probably for the 1000000000th time has ALOT to do with the new slow condition!!!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.4701

Sweetbread.4701

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- how? please explain

amen, it isn’t even good to begin with (gs warri) yet it get’s a bit of a buff that affects others too…and like I said before…a con too…yet the community goes balistic…this is a true showcase of pure hate and anti warri spouting more then actually delivering feedback or explanation or reasoning for that matter…stop stop stop, these changes are awesome and probably for the 1000000000th time has ALOT to do with the new slow condition!!!

This isn’t some anti-warrior conspiracy, it’s an example of people actually being capable of foresight and realizing what an annoying as kitten/toxic disengage spam scenario this is going to create for MULTIPLE SPECS. Seriously dude get it together and stop playing the victim every chance you get. Spamming the thread with useless emotional posts just makes it unreadable instead of actually getting your point across.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- how? please explain

This isn’t some anti-warrior conspiracy, it’s an example of people actually being capable of foresight and realizing what an annoying as kitten/toxic disengage spam scenario this is going to create for MULTIPLE SPECS. Seriously dude get it together and stop playing the victim every chance you get. Spamming the thread with useless emotional posts just makes it unreadable instead of actually getting your point across.

foresight? how explain…have you extensively played HoT? I mean seriously….have you….eleborate on your future sight…..please do so, for yes atm it does seem as nothing but hatespouting….ps rush startup is kinda very slow to begin with as well…it misses ALOT or just runs in opposite direction of it’s target….(this happens alot in pvp) leaps/rush etc need buffs….slow slow slow slow

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

other zerker specs need a chance too…not just the thief tho I know thi ain’t ever gonna happen…but if there should be one class that absolutely stands no chance as a zerker it should be the thief to begin with…with the stealth and teleports and rupt spam a thief can produce the damage balance wise (for it is a teamgame no?) should be almost non existent and the thief imo should hold hands with a dpser in order to take it’s target down….now atm it’s like this tho….thief has THE best mobilty/stealthdisengage options….one of the if not the highest burst…and can spam movement impending conditions…the thief can do everything better then anyone else all wrapped into one neat build….how about we discuss that as a balance issue instead of what you all cry over now…or velocity on ranger becoming baseline….when now it’s grandmaster trait…lol…get lost you children….zerker (not shoutbow) warri needs some buffs buffs and then some more buffs. ps zerker warri dies faster then a thief…cause of you know….disengage being superior on thief…or blind spam for that matter

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

lighter.2708

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- how? please explain

This isn’t some anti-warrior conspiracy, it’s an example of people actually being capable of foresight and realizing what an annoying as kitten/toxic disengage spam scenario

totally agree, we should start by removing teleportations and stealth. let’s do this, yes we can.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

QQ

http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis/c/3038277

Thief zerk losing to a zerk gs war? Impossible.

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Sweetbread.4701

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- how? please explain

This isn’t some anti-warrior conspiracy, it’s an example of people actually being capable of foresight and realizing what an annoying as kitten/toxic disengage spam scenario

totally agree, we should start by removing teleportations and stealth. let’s do this, yes we can.

Why is everything so binary with you people? You can have something in the game, but actually balance and limit it appropriately. It’s like any mention of counterplay just immediately equates to “WELL JUST DELETE THE CLASS THEN.” That doesn’t add anything to the discussion, it’s just a child throwing a temper tantrum.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

QQ

dude…it’s not about 1v1…it’s about overall performanceviabilty and remove shoutbow as the only war viable warri spec…yes in teambased fights the zerker thief is 100.000 times more viable then a zerker warri will ever be…it is not about 1v1’s those are fun and cute…but are not a prio for balance…you confirm my statement about warri hate and resort to mocking bs and ignore teamplay to the fullest…ps this change doesn’t only affect warri’s…it’s a + for thieves as well (like they needed it) or rangers

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

lighter.2708

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- how? please explain

Why is everything so binary with you people? You can have something in the game, but actually balance and limit it appropriately. It’s like any mention of counterplay just immediately equates to “WELL JUST DELETE THE CLASS THEN.” That doesn’t add anything to the discussion, it’s just a child throwing a temper tantrum.

wait what? aren’t you talking about toxi disengage spam?…..hm? what?
huh? stick to the topic please, it gets confusing

(edited by lighter.2708)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

snip

2) Guard (^)
6) Mes
7) Ranger
8) Necro

- how? please explain

no don’t start hiding behind excuses now…you yourself mentioned the disengage being to much with this change….well then….atm the thief is the only one who can so consitently and flawlessly disengage from almost every given situation…even in a 10v1 thieves get away fairly easy…..don’t hide behind excuses or lies…don’t point at others saying this or that…you yourself brought it up…and got countered

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

skowcia.8257

QQ

dude…it’s not about 1v1…it’s about overall performanceviabilty and remove shoutbow as the only war viable warri spec…yes in teambased fights the zerker thief is 100.000 times more viable then a zerker warri will ever be…it is not about 1v1’s those are fun and cute…but are not a prio for balance…you confirm my statement about warri hate and resort to mocking bs and ignore teamplay to the fullest…ps this change doesn’t only affect warri’s…it’s a + for thieves as well (like they needed it) or rangers

Tell me more about that war hate.

Attachments:

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

QQ

Tell me more about that war hate.

yet your statement makes no sense about the disengage….it will still only be every 20-16 seconds…unlike the disengage spam other classes have (thief) tho has higher more easily applied bursts as well….this change is needed hardcore

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I’m gonna leave this topic for no matter what screens or anything you may post (like you can’t get these screens from anywhere with abit of research) to me it’s obvious this is mostly ran by warrior haters….I read the other traits of other classes and baseline changes…and they go way beyond this change. and again this isn’t just affecting the warrior it affects quite a few classes…the ones who need it, except thief…yet it benefits from it as well….it will make eviscerate or gs on warrior viable again wich it is not for about 2 years now…for the warrior it will allow more build variety aka more fun for the class in whole…ik that’s exactly what you don’t want…but were getting it anyway. Little to no arguements are made….mocking posting weird links or screens that are entirely irrelevant is what’s going on….also people entirely ignore the very possible fact of slow being introduced as being one of the if not main reason to why they decided to change this. As metioned before…atm GS warri is full blown garbage in pvp…and we want this changed and what we want…we will get. It’s time for porting classes to become good and deal with new situations for life will no longer be THAT easy anymore for you…you say this removes counterplay….I say this promotes counterplay…..counterplay to the movement impending conditions spam…the spam is to much and functions unintended atm…..final words will be at this topic (from me that is) it’s time to git gud….and thanks Anet….abit late, but better late then never. Good day. Ps double post/quote troll post attachements all you want…I won’t respond anymore for I have given (and few others) dozens of examples and reasoning to why things are or may be the way they are going to be…not saying I’m correct on all of those…but at least they are in the category viable reasoning

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

skowcia.8257

Well i get it, you want easymode to turn brain off and just kill people on left and right. I swung a greatsword, i swung it again, hey its great, lets swung it once more.

Thiefs can apply bursts easier but..have you ever played thief? Do you think its easy to land a burst vs a decent player on a thief? Yeah you definitely not played one.

Im asking, why rtl was nerfed? I mean you could use it 15-20sec (after nerf) to run away, no big deal at all right? Thieves disengage are a whole different thing, stop creating power creep by asking for a underserved buffs.

Either way this thread turned into a qq fest spam and it would be nice for a mod to lock it.

Attachments:

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Well i get it, you want easymode to turn brain off and just kill people on left and right. I swung a greatsword, i swung it again, hey its great, lets swung it once more.

Thiefs can apply bursts easier but..have you ever played thief? Do you think its easy to land a burst vs a decent player on a thief? Yeah you definitely not played one.

Im asking, why rtl was nerfed? I mean you could use it 15-20sec (after nerf) to run away, no big deal at all right? Thieves disengage are a whole different thing, stop creating power creep by asking for a underserved buffs.

Either way this thread turned into a qq fest spam and it would be nice for a mod to lock it.

Ok ok, so I lied….one more. Thieves can APPLY bursts easier but..have you ever played thief? Do you think its easy to land a burst vs a decent player on a thief? Yeah you definitely not played one. thieves can apply bursts easier is what you said…yet thief burst isn’t that easy either you’re saying….ok, point taken….but still like you said thief burst is easier…..then imagine how hard it is to burst on some other classes/specs man do you even think before you write or do you just want to take on the role of being anti/contra. ps. yes let a mod watch this thread please…very please!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

lighter.2708

Huh? what is it difficult for thief to land burst?
it’s insta cast auto pilot f1 skill, either you RNG yolo dodge it or you RNG yolo dodge it.
that’s like one of the reason why thief excels in zerker in 5v5..

(edited by lighter.2708)

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Sweetbread.4701

no don’t start hiding behind excuses now…you yourself mentioned the disengage being to much with this change….well then….atm the thief is the only one who can so consitently and flawlessly disengage from almost every given situation…even in a 10v1 thieves get away fairly easy…..don’t hide behind excuses or lies…don’t point at others saying this or that…you yourself brought it up…and got countered

How is that hiding behind excuses? There’s a difference between limiting disengage potential through counterplay and full on removing stealth/teleports/disengage skills (ALL of which need more counterplay imo) all together. Once again you’re turning a discussion about game mechanics into a “WOE IS THE POOR WARRIOR” pity party. Does every post in a thread about one specific game mechanic need to come with an endless disclaimer of every other poorly designed mechanic that also needs more counterplay just to appeal to the people looking for any excuse to derail the discussion? Every post would be a page long. It’s not like balancing one mechanic is mutually exclusive with balancing something else as well, so stop being myopic.

Honestly this will be my last post in here, because there’s no point continuing in a thread that’s been taken over by someone who’s posted 51 times in 4 pages and has somehow managed to contribute essentially nothing beyond “NUH UH”. It’s this sort of Bill O’Reilly “I’m louder and talking more than you and that means I won.” style of discourse that idiots seem to flock to when they don’t actually have a leg to stand on. So mission accomplished. You literally made this thread too stupid to continue posting in.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

well they definitely have some ‘splaining to do. not sure what the reasoning is behind this. I think if the change goes through, they need to massively nerf warrior’s GS #3 and #5 because these guys are the main culprits. also, the engie SS RB combo wasn’t fair either imo so speed buff not affecting distance traveled works. that part of the standardization makes sense.

there are also dashes on certain specs that wouldn’t be OP with this change, ranger GS #3 for example as it’s the only true mobility skill they have. and no viable spec uses sword + GS, so it’s balanced.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

How is that hiding behind excuses? There’s a difference between limiting disengage potential through counterplay and full on removing stealth/teleports/disengage skills (ALL of which need more counterplay imo) all together. Once again you’re turning a discussion about game mechanics into a “WOE IS THE POOR WARRIOR” pity party. Does every post in a thread about one specific game mechanic need to come with an endless disclaimer of every other poorly designed mechanic that also needs more counterplay just to appeal to the people looking for any excuse to derail the discussion? Every post would be a page long. It’s not like balancing one mechanic is mutually exclusive with balancing something else as well, so stop being myopic.

Honestly this will be my last post in here, because there’s no point continuing in a thread that’s been taken over by someone who’s posted 51 times in 4 pages and has somehow managed to contribute essentially nothing beyond “NUH UH”. It’s this sort of Bill O’Reilly “I’m louder and talking more than you and that means I won.” style of discourse that idiots seem to flock to when they don’t actually have a leg to stand on. So mission accomplished. You literally made this thread too stupid to continue posting in.

Dude… gs warrior is garbage atm and has just one disengae,…rush…wich get’s completely nulliefied by the chill/cripple spam….what’s your point…the way you make it seems is that gs warri is brokenly OP already…where fact is, it’s hands down the weakest spec of all in pvp… you’re talking disengage being to much while now it’s practically impossible on warrior gs…cause of the movement impending condi spam all over the place… while some other classes like thief and mesmer (teleports) do no suffer from this. it’s easy to cripple/chill/immob spam a melee class dodge abit backwards or port anywhere you want and then range spam the target into nothingness…this needs to change and it will…ik ik I did it again, should keep my word and not post

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

well they definitely have some ‘splaining to do. not sure what the reasoning is behind this. I think if the change goes through, they need to massively nerf warrior’s GS #3 and #5 because these guys are the main culprits. also, the engie SS RB combo wasn’t fair either imo so speed buff not affecting distance traveled works. that part of the standardization makes sense.

there are also dashes on certain specs that wouldn’t be OP with this change, ranger GS #3 for example as it’s the only true mobility skill they have. and no viable spec uses sword + GS, so it’s balanced.

dude….gs 3 and 5 don’t need nerfs…you’re hating…as explained and proven by many players already…warri gs 5 atm is brokenly underpowred does not work as intended…misses alot or just runs opposite direction of target, this is a fix…and does not need to be countered by a nerf…for it needed a fix…..gs3….dude pls that skill isn’t op in the slightest and gets abit better…no nerfs needed….warrior haters confirmed (especially since you don’t mention ranger leap wich is way superior then warri’s one on shorter cd with an evade) I mean rangers leap vs rush for these have aprox same travel distance. if anything needs buffs…it’s warrior gs spec….no need for nerfs especially not massive ones….buffs howerer yes…endure pain could easily be 6+ seconds untraited, I mean ranger sigent of stone more access to protection or vigour and dodgerolls in general protect me…ignores ALL damage even condi…yea but my pet…../petswapping is bad right? no it’s not…also did I mention ranger superior dps then warrior…..AT MASSIVE RANGE, man please go away…warrior gs needs buffs buffs and then some more buffs…also 3 secons of stealth is quite alot for disengage if you’re a decent or better player….huh stealth? yea man stealthshot. warri gs 3 could use a 15-20% dmge buff the cd and range and evade should remain the way they are…rush needs less start up and aftercast and the attack of rush itself when closing in on it’s enemy should be 50% faster for it can simply be sidestepped…no dodge/energy needed(they attemted to fix not to long ago but it didn’t as we all know)….but nerfs….lol not at all

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Annnnd this topic has devolved quickly. -_-

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I just think people need to stop responding to him, hes obviously trolling the thread.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Welcome to the PvP forum.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

lighter.2708

Woo, i agree man, i think stealth duration should be reduced by 66% when chilled.
and teleportation should only be used on equal ground #lesstoxicdisengagespam

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

lighter.2708

Dear mistsim, i’d like to duel your greatsword/longbow warrior on my greatsword/lonbow ranger.

and see who deserves the change more, PM me on forum if you down, thanks, best wishes.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

well since tons of valid feedback and comments are to complex for most people (probably on purpose) i’m going to narrow it down and see who will make a fool of it’s self and who doesn’t….yes I main warrior, yes nerf shoutbow…nerf the shouts cd/heals or both for aprox idk…20% or more even if needed…I truly don’t care I never roll shoutbow for it’s lame just don’t target skills/traits weps that are of no use to shoutbow anyway…keep it at shoutbow…aka the shouts nerf the shouts not skills/traits weps that could actually promote less shoutbows…for it makes no snese and exposes you as a hater instead of wanting to contribute to more build variety. that being said…. back to the narrowing it down on the gs warrior…is or isn’t the gs warrior complete garbage bottom tier for about 2 years now in anything other then pve….? Spoiler: yes it is…..not just abit bottom tier…it’s full garbage bottom tier and totally useless in pvp matches…now it get’s a bit buffed and this buff comes with a con and goes for other classes as well…and look people going ballistic all over…seriously warrior haters confirmed…for denying gs warri is garbage bottom tier anywhere outside of pve…just makes no sense!! buff buff buff. what skill on gs warri is OP? and why…what does gs warri do other can’t or maybe even better then gs warri…100b lol, requires you to stun an opponent for a fairly long time and kinda requires the warrior to pretty much use 2 stances on top of that in order to guarantee a full 100b…why 2 stances…pvp fights are usually crowded and people help each other….aka the 100b is easily interupted by blinds/knockback/launch/kd/pull/stun you name it even when all this doesn’t happen 100b still does pretty mediocore damage for a skill that’s stationary and requires alot of setup in order to have them eat a full 100B aka bottomtier…. rush fails alot as well lol or runs in the entirely opposite direction of the target aka bottomtier….whirlwind is decent…OP? how and why? even with the upcoming change…will it outclass teleports disengage or stealth disengage…nope, not realy….in fact nope not at all.. it will never compete with teleports but that needs nerf right?…no it doesn’t! Bladetrail…just lol…another slow skill with little to no benefit slow upstart and still a long aftercast if it manages to hit…you get crippled…wooooow such amazing effect also pretty dang bottomtier….lewl buff buff buff buff buff buff hardcore!!!

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

skowcia.8257

Hey darksteel..just out of curiosity are you playing a charr?

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

youre being challenged by someone…attend to that and my questions above your post…but I’ll answer anyway…nope…just human race only…. ps I want to 1v1 you as well and record it so I can upload it to youtube and post the link here for everyone to see…for again you resort to joking instead of pointing out something very valid that counters my statements or those of made by few others here, inc the duels proposed to you…tho you maintain the right to decline tho, but your comments so far show to me you’re a very low quality player…prove me otherwise or the other person please

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

skowcia.8257

youre being challenged by someone…attend to that and my questions above your post…but I’ll answer anyway…nope…just human race only…. ps I want to 1v1 you as well and record it so I can uplod it to youtube and post the link here for everyone to see…for again you resort to joking instead of pointing out something very valid that counters my statements or those of made few others here, inc the duels proposed to you…tho you maintain the right to decline tho

Nobody called me before unless im blind, and no sadly i cant reveal myself but i already met you ingame sometime ago. Youre definitely that baddie charr war who been getting rekt over and over in hotjoin. In fact you still playing hotjoin olny. Right now spectrating server #011 in EU. Oh baddie baddie

Too bad you will never know i am.

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

youre being challenged by someone…attend to that and my questions above your post…but I’ll answer anyway…nope…just human race only…. ps I want to 1v1 you as well and record it so I can uplod it to youtube and post the link here for everyone to see…for again you resort to joking instead of pointing out something very valid that counters my statements or those of made few others here, inc the duels proposed to you…tho you maintain the right to decline tho

Nobody called me before unless im blind, and no sadly i cant reveal myself but i already met you ingame sometime ago. Youre definitely that baddie charr war who been getting rekt over and over in hotjoin. In fact you still playing hotjoin olny. Right now spectrating server #011 in EU. Oh baddie baddie

Too bad you will never know i am.

I am in spectate atm that’s correct…tho I honestly never had a charr ever…you’re mixxing things up….now why don’t you accept my challenge and see I’m no charr…but human ps. send you an in game mail…obviously im not scared….so why would you fear a noob like me? Obviously you’re hiding in offline otherwise you wouldn’t know where I am… (tho I’m realy no charr that’s besides the point) I’d like to show you you’re wrong about my race and skill….come please 1v1 me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

skowcia.8257

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/power-ranger-3

No reason to fear anything..as you seen in pic above i also play power ranger and i dont think it would end well for you at all considering that topic. And like i said i cant reveal myself

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

No reason to fear anything..as you seen in pic above i also play power ranger and i dont think it would end well for you at all considering that topic. And like i said i cant reveal myself

tho I like the can’t reveal myself and stealth issues we have been talking about…i still would like to know why you’re declining my 1v1 or the other person proposal to 1v1 you…and keep resorting to jokes XD I guess it’s cause you are one…anyway….you found me in gw2…I’m online and so are you…let’s go 1v1 I have overwolf!! Ps. surely some of you have way more…but my followerslist is freakin huge and massive and I know none of them….following baddies is realy interesing right, I only remeber/follow the good players I meet in pvp -_-

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

skowcia.8257

tho I like the can’t reveal myself and stealth issues we have been talking about…i still would like to know why you’re declining my 1v1 or the other person proposal to 1v1 you…and keep resorting to jokes XD I guess it’s cause you are one…anyway….you found me in gw2…I’m online and so are you…let’s go 1v1 I have overwolf!! Ps. surely some of you have way more…but my followerslist is freakin huge and massive and I know none of them….following baddies is realy interesing right, I only remeber the good enemies I meet in pvp -_-

Can you quote the user that asked me to 1v1?

Ps. wat overwolf? Shadowplay all the way.

obey me

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

tho I like the can’t reveal myself and stealth issues we have been talking about…i still would like to know why you’re declining my 1v1 or the other person proposal to 1v1 you…and keep resorting to jokes XD I guess it’s cause you are one…anyway….you found me in gw2…I’m online and so are you…let’s go 1v1 I have overwolf!! Ps. surely some of you have way more…but my followerslist is freakin huge and massive and I know none of them….following baddies is realy interesing right, I only remeber the good enemies I meet in pvp -_-

Can you quote the user that asked me to 1v1?

Ps. wat overwolf? Shadowplay all the way.

ow w8, you’re right about this one…the challenge was aimed at mistisism or something…my bad you’re right. well what recording program is better i don’t realy care about this one works just fine to say the least…anyway I’ll go enter the hotjoin match and stand still for abit so you can see without revealing yourself that I am by no means a charr at all ok?

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No bad word about condi’s unlimited stacking,but this…this hurts you,just lol.

In a pvp environment, it’s very rare to even hit the 25 bleed stack cap, so I don’t see the change affecting pvp that much, maybe burning and poison stacking intensity with poison fields from thief shortbow and engi grenades.

I can easily stack 25 bleeds on condi warr,i dont even wanna see what 3 – 4 people are able to do when they all run condi spec,and they will..all run condi spec when this patch hits.

Goodbye Counterplay?

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No bad word about condi’s unlimited stacking,but this…this hurts you,just lol.

In a pvp environment, it’s very rare to even hit the 25 bleed stack cap, so I don’t see the change affecting pvp that much, maybe burning and poison stacking intensity with poison fields from thief shortbow and engi grenades.

I can easily stack 25 bleeds on condi warr,i dont even wanna see what 3 – 4 people are able to do when they all run condi spec,and they will..all run condi spec when this patch hits.

And the Shoutbow Warrior shrugs it all off together.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver