Gray out the HP for future condition damage

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Now that the conditions buff is announced. This is needed more than ever:

“Gray out the portion of HP that will be drained by conditions damage if left uncleansed”

Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

I like that good idea !

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Lets just allow addons and solve all problems with the UI in one go

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

+1 I like this idea, they had something similar to impending casted heals on WoW, but the opposite is actually an even better idea.

Take this guys idea and run with it! Run as fast as you can, Anet!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

reminds me of the deep wound condition in gw1

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

This helps a lot with streaming and spectators too. The viewers watching the stream will be able to understand the game much faster, without having to burn their eyes looking at the small conditions stacks.

It’s good for GuildWars 2. It’s good for the players. It’s good for the audience.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i support this +1

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

While we’re at it, can we get HP %s displayed, so we know when our trait/rune procs are going to happen?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

been playing heroes of the storm a bit lately because gw2 doesn’t offer much atm and in that game DoT damage is displayed as muddy green part of the hp and HoT as dark green part. so you kinda always know where your hp are even with heals or condis.

wouldn’t be opposed to this suggestion.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

been playing heroes of the storm a bit lately because gw2 doesn’t offer much atm and in that game DoT damage is displayed as muddy green part of the hp and HoT as dark green part. so you kinda always know where your hp are even with heals or condis.

wouldn’t be opposed to this suggestion.

Yup. This small change will help promoting the game a lot, since it makes the game much more easier to understand, more spectators friendly, especially for the casual audience.

To whom reading: If you like this idea, post more and let ANet know!

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

+1 Another supporter o/

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

I disagree. It should “purple out” not grey out. =P

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I disagree. It should “purple out” not grey out. =P

Our first disagreement. No, it needs to be pink, you’re all bad if you disagree.

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

So let’s say we implement this how long will it take for the cries of op necromancers to appear because they can fill in their opponent’s healthbar gray in one second?

EverythingOP

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

So let’s say we implement this how long will it take for the cries of op necromancers to appear because they can fill in their opponent’s healthbar gray in one second?

No faster than pd thief, ranger or guardians (post patch) I’d assume. I’d consider it a buff personally so I could see how dire a removal is.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

+1, I support this idea.

Sincerely,

Denied

Attachments:

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

+1
15 characters

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

No faster than pd thief, ranger or guardians (post patch) I’d assume. I’d consider it a buff personally so I could see how dire a removal is.

blood is power?

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

support

/15chars

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Hate to be that guy, but there are several issues with this:

1) Confusion:
Confusion does not have an estimated total damage over time effect. It is on skill use, making it much harder to judge, and very difficult to implement on this format.

2) Torment: same situation. If you move, it hurts bad, if u don’t, it’s not so bad.

3) Vulnerability stacks in the upcoming patch:
This may be easier than the other two, but with it affecting condition damage affecting you, it can be difficult to implement.

I mean, if they could somehow accurately implement it, I think t would be great. I just see this a s a larger ordeal than many people make it out to be
(I didn’t read the whole thread, so maybe someone has said something about this and what not, idk)

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

1) Confusion:
Confusion does not have an estimated total damage over time effect. It is on skill use, making it much harder to judge, and very difficult to implement on this format.

2) Torment: same situation. If you move, it hurts bad, if u don’t, it’s not so bad.

3) Vulnerability stacks in the upcoming patch:
This may be easier than the other two, but with it affecting condition damage affecting you, it can be difficult to implement.

Easy, just gray out the DoT future damage
1) Confusion: only the damage per second part, not the per cast part
2) Torment: only the normal damage per second part, not the extra from moving
3) Vulnerability: not show at all

Are we good now?

Support it! Give us a +1 xD

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

i support this idea, that way when u get condi bombed u can immediately cry because ur entire health bar changes colors and u know u will now are die.

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.1206

Daniel.1206

really like this idea, it would defiantly be helpful

in PvP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Yeah, there were similar suggestion ages ago in the WvW subforum. I would also handle it like Sunshine. Display only the base damage of torment and confusion and ignore vulnerability stacks. It must just clearly be communicated that this indicator is just that, an indicator. Maybe one could also go with an average number between standing and moving torment and attacking (one attack per second) and not attacking confusion.

Hell, I would be ready to do the busy work and analyze footage sent to me after the update and determine the average effect of those 3 “float” conditions.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That’s a very good thing. Complete approval!

Possibly for person stacking conditions on target, too!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

+1 for approval.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Can we have a red post in this thread?

This would help GW2 a lot by making the game easier to understand. It will help bringing in more audience and gamers watching the stream!

in PvP

Posted by: Zende.1704

Zende.1704

+1, this proposal is really good!

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Great idea, deserves to be implemented! +1

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Impressive. If its accurate I’m on board.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

+1 provided that it wouldn’t impact performance / skill lag on wvwvw side.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

+1 provided that it wouldn’t impact performance / skill lag on wvwvw side.

This feature will require no work from the server. It’s purely client side code for visual. The client already has all the information it needs. So no worries, it won’t affect performance/skilllag in WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

+1 I love this idea

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This feature will require no work from the server. It’s purely client side code for visual. The client already has all the information it needs. So no worries, it won’t affect performance/skilllag in WvW

That does actually depend on how condition ticks are counted. It is rather likely that they are counted server-side rather than client-side and thus things like these would need to be done at server-side which would affect performance.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

+9000 mega idea tbh

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Wouldn’t most fights VS. condition users just have your entire bar greyed out for pretty much the entire time?
Condition builds have terrifying theoretical damage that just happens to be constantly cleansed, so your healthbar would be flashing red and grey whenever a condition build hits you.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

very good idea , it helps with Hp management and Condi clear management .

what may look like a lot of condis they maybe weak condis and you shouldn’t waste your strongest cleanse on it , this idea of grayed hp for drained health from condis makes it really clear if you should or shouldnt clear condis on you or your team.

it makes it more obvious which people on your team will die to condis if not cleared.

P fun daddy that would only be the case if your in a team that relys on condi clears to manage condis and that is the worst way to manage condis clearing weak condis is a waste of team support .

in the HoT expansion i see condis as a permanant effect and condi clears should only be cleared if they are life threatening , in turn which makes stronger Regen or slightly stronger heal skill 6 or using 300 or 600 healing stats or a Ventari to help manage condis by reducing its DoT , through strong regen rather than clearing it , for it only to be replaced 2secs later .

and that can’t be done with the current method you can’t keep track of how strong the condis are that are hurting you , it makes it hard to manage your Hp which is why condis are perceived as very strong , if you could tell the difference of weak condis vs strong condis you’ll use cleanses more wisely and effectively play better vs condi or condi hybrid builds or builds that use Cele amulet.

don’t rely on condi clears to keep you condi free as there is no such thing while fighting anything that has good condi application.

in PvP

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

I think this will have additional merit when we start having stacks of practically everything! Could you imagine if you had 3 burns, 5 poisons, and 7 bleeds to try to figure out how much it’ll do? Great idea man!

attempted grammar edit

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

You guys are kitten crazy. This change makes way too much kitten sense and you need to seriously stop.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

You guys are kitten crazy. This change makes way too much kitten sense and you need to seriously stop.

Should I count your post as +1 too?

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

We really should push for this. As this thread shows, a big majority of the players want this.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

needs more replys , somthing like this is boring to kids and won’t bring them into the thread.

though the idea is Rock soild its easy simple to understand clear as day , just keep bumping.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

needs more replys , somthing like this is boring to kids and won’t bring them into the thread.

though the idea is Rock soild its easy simple to understand clear as day , just keep bumping.

That’s a common issue with good ideas. If its so simply it feels like it “should just be the case”, it doesn’t strike up enough argument or debate and gets buried, so you get stuck with flame wars on the front page. :/

in PvP

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

I’m 100% supporting this idea
maybe they could also add colors to conditions type, like green for poison, blue for bleed, yellow for burn etc…

in PvP

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Fantastic Idea! This would be a great QoL feature.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in PvP

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

I feel like this is good for condition players, good for their targets, and good for team play in general. Because convenient access to important information is good while fighting with the UI is frustrating.

The little numbers on the condition indicators are very hard to see at-a-glance, and it’s even tougher to judge the duration of the stuff on you short of just memorizing every class ability (and we’re about to see a ton of them changed, plus get more stacking introduced with the changes to conditions like Burning and Poison).

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Great idea! There are other stuff they could assist us on like showing a timer on mesmer portal, to see when it disappears.(also shadow trap, and maybe all the other traps)

in PvP

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

+1 (but I’d go with green)

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Maybe we should post this in the Engi forums so we can get some dev to look at it

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Maybe we should post this in the Engi forums so we can get some dev to look at it

Lol, all this Necromancer bleeding and frustration (And a few others).

-> “Sorry, slipped through the crack. Here’s your easy perma swiftness back, engineers. We love you!”

But lets not get too far off topic or they’ll turn away from the thread.

More +1s.