Grenade Barrage Bug

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Yeah, I can safely say that tanky-stat setups having access to a near-instant one-shot-kill skill without any conditional setup like unique buffs or max might stacks needs to be addressed.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

If using an OP spec is considering punishable exploit, then around 50% of players should already be banned :P (All the Mesmer, condition Ele, Engi)

However, companies are not idiots like some people, so they probably would just fix the OP spec instead of losing 50% of their customers.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

If they ever fix this, then they will need to buff Flamethrower by a little bit for condi specs. Unless maybe it’s still gonna be a good build even after the fix.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Do you know the term “exploit” ?
Since you are using this bug to get an unfair advantage over other players it would definitly be a reason to be punished for, if you are using it excessively.

I don’t really play engi, but what I understand from this thread is the fact you just use a trait to get that high damage. How is that an exploit?

Because there’s a certain way of gaining the advantage. If u saw the video, u see u need to throw the nades behind the target, which, Engineers normally never do. So they purposely aim behind the target to one-shot.

Thats knowingly exploiting a bug.

I get that, but again, it’s not the players’ fault it’s still in game.

An exploit will always be in a game; its the player’s choice to abuse them or not.

It’s like blaming the shopkeeper for you stealing his candy because the candy was there..

It’s player’s choice, really. They can play it fair or be non-competitive and cheat.
Those can be banned for couple of weeks, imo.

That is hardly an accurate comparison. There is no reason to ban them. If Anet accidentally buffed Ranger Longbow # 2 to one shot people. Should Rangers just stop playing Longbow until Anet finally gets around to fixing it god knows how long from now? No. Anet messed up a trait. That trait, aside from being bugged, is the best trait for a grenade build. Engineers are playing as they always have, there is no hacking or secret exploit involved. Sure there are many Engineers are taking advantage of it, but it is entirely Anet’s fault, not the Engineer’s.

Point being, they will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ban some players just cause you got your feelings hurt in hotjoin.

The comparison is accurate enough to make ppl understand.
It is Anet’s fault for making mistakes, ofcourse, duh.

But it’s still players choice if they want to knowingly abuse this exploit (by puprosely aiming BEHIND the target, which engineers normally NEVER do to land their nades).

Ppl come to PvP to have fun, enjoy and/or be competitive. by abusing this, you make casual ppl leave PvP OR reroll to engi and abuse this aswel.

Hurt my feelings in hotjoin.. right.

Just to clarify you don’t need to aim it behind people, aiming it on top of them as usual is enough. It summons 12-13 grenades cause of the bug not just piercing damage.

At this point the only way to avoid it is not using the skill altogether, and that is hardly fair.

However you can make a show of solidarity and stop using your Steal skill so Engi’s don’t use their toolbelt skill.

The best way to lead is by example, and seeing as you’re so passionate about this subject, I am sure you will step up and stop using your class mechanic!

Thank you sir!

Please ban every engi exploiting this in competitive pvp.

I’ve been running zerker engi for a loooooong time cos I find cele boring.

And now cos ANet broke made barrage I should either be forced to play some condi cancer or be banned?

If you know that you are abusing a bug it should be in your own interest of fairplay not to use this specs until it is fixed.
You’d also complain if all guards GS2 would suddenly trigger 15x instead of 7×.

Blame ANet. But don’t take other players fun. You could be on the other side as well.

I agree. And in a show of solidarity you should stop playing what you enjoy because we must keep this game fair.

If a class can’t use a spec due to Anet’s mistakes, then it would be unfair for that one class right?

So logically the fairest thing to do, is for all you protesting that people are ‘exploiting’ should lead by example by not running the spec you currently wish to run.

Once again, i respect and thank you for your courtesy in setting an example! I am sure if I see you in PvP you will not be using at least one F skill OR running a spec beside the one you enjoy! o7

GW2 has some of the best people!

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

Takes a double damage bug for a power Engi to match the burst of a Mesmer! Oh wellz!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

gotta side with Vee Wee on this one. every other class is running insane 100-0 builds, this just happens to be ours.

Can you show me any other ONE skill on any class that hits 20K in pvp?

you gotta ask a mesmer how they are doing it, I don’t have one to build test

From mesmers it’s usually a chain of skills, not one skill hitting this high, though.

I would hardly call Mirror Blade, Shatter a ‘chain’. If you want to talk about a Mesmer setting up the burst, well you actually have to for this bugged grenade barrage too unless your opponent is a complete nonce.

That said, this is a problematic bug and should be fixed ASAP.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Well that explains how those 2 Engineers downed my team so fast last night. I’m surprised Anet haven’t patched this yet but continued on ‘fixing’ mesmer skills.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

lol i’ve been waiting for the engi to say something like i’m a pro after killing me with this.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Duke.2097

Duke.2097

FYI, Grenade kit is taken on almost every single engi build. It is undoubtedly the best kit engineer has (Except for that short period of time where mortar kit was a sidegrade, before the kneejerk %28 damage nerf…thanks anet for pigeonholing us back into taking grenades every time again.) and the trait that triggers the bug is in the explosives tree and is the best trait in its trait line. I would think if you’re invested in competitive PvP you’d be aware of this.

Not taking said trait and not taking grenade kit severely gimps any engineer that isn’t running a gimmicky build. Even then, most of these builds still include grenade kit because of its conditions and multiple chances to crit.

So let’s recap.

You want:
Engineer players to purposely handicap themselves
Engineer players to be banned for not handicapping themselves
Engineer players to be banned for even using grenade kit regardless of whether or not they’re aware of the bug

Suck it up. It’s not fun for engineer players either. If someone kills you while you’re using grenade kit then they call you a baddie who can’t even exploit a bug right and if you kill them then they call you a baddie exploiter.

I hope anet fixes this just as much as you do, but players will not purposely handicap themselves and anet taking actions against players for not handicapping themselves would be overkill.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

For all we know it could be working as intended and ANet simply missed adding a tooltip saying grenades pierce on hit with no limit. Kinda ridiculous idea, but it still could be the case. While nade barrage one-shots low health pools it also requires the engi to sacrifice almost all survivability (through heals at least). Comparatively Mes and Thief can one shot the same health pools and has lots of survivability. So I wouldn’t say it’s way too op, I killed lots of nade engis on ele, mes, necro, thief, and war. 1v1 they aren’t very good. In a team fight you just focus them down before they do too much damage.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

For all we know it could be working as intended and ANet simply missed adding a tooltip saying grenades pierce on hit with no limit. Kinda ridiculous idea, but it still could be the case. While nade barrage one-shots low health pools it also requires the engi to sacrifice almost all survivability (through heals at least). Comparatively Mes and Thief can one shot the same health pools and has lots of survivability. So I wouldn’t say it’s way too op, I killed lots of nade engis on ele, mes, necro, thief, and war. 1v1 they aren’t very good. In a team fight you just focus them down before they do too much damage.

Stop talking none-sense

It can one shot 20k hp foes.
we know you’re defending it ONLY because you’re using it.
Also you’re OUTRIGHT LYING to say Engi sacrifices survival for that damage. All engi need to take is 1 utility slot and 2 very useful traitlines. You can even pick a defensive trait line for the 3rd spared traitline. You have 2 more utility slots to grab elixir s and tool kit as survival mehtods. It has much better sustain than most zerkers.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Buff engies buff mesmers. They are Anet’s babies now. /sarcasm

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

It is not generally called an ‘exploit’ when it is right after a major patch being introduced. Major patches always have bugs, and this is just one of them. Give it time….it’ll be fixed. Don’t take pvp so darned seriously and enjoy the craziness until then.

I’m glad engineer gets time to have their exploitative bugs fixed. Mesmers get their nerfs and “bug fixes” hours after the patch debuts.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I got stealth pulled from the no animation stealth magnet and hit for about 12k (ish?) from grenade barrage in a second. I had some toughness too so it wasn’t a glass build. Fun stuff.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Everyone was saying in Twitch chat that it was broken when they made their presentation. They just didn’t listen.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

And now cos ANet broke made barrage I should either be forced to play some condi cancer or be banned?

Again, read my comments.

The fact you throw nades BEHIND the target, which an Engi normally never does to hit his target, to make use of this damage (which in the trait is not said you need aim BEHIND the target for more damage) is just playing UNFAIR. Which is, by Anets rules, not allowed and bannable.

Exploiting this is more cancer than condi-specs, really.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

“We wont fix it I enjoy it” Grouch

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, it sounds really broken and looks that way when you get 1-shot by some zerker engi…but in actual gameplay it doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal. Zerker engis who can 1-shot with it tend to squish just as fast and the damage from something like a celestial build isn’t that extreme.

And this all assumes you’re in the perfect position to take all the hits from this attack that make it such big damage.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

How was this not hotfixed… Or even SEEN prior to patch? You know someone freaking played Engineer on the kitten test servers…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Duke.2097

Again, read my comments.

The fact you throw nades BEHIND the target, which an Engi normally never does to hit his target, to make use of this damage (which in the trait is not said you need aim BEHIND the target for more damage) is just playing UNFAIR. Which is, by Anets rules, not allowed and bannable.

Do you play engineer? Just throwing grenades at someone’s feet is generally close enough to proc the penetration bug. If you purposely try to throw grenades through a moving target you’re more likely to miss the second hit than your are to hit both the penetration and explosion damage.

Also, let’s pretend that in some crazy world that it is a good idea to try and throw your grenades behind someone to get more damage out of the grenades. Doing so would be considered clever, not unfair.

This isn’t an exploit. It’s a bug. An exploit would be more along the lines of thieves being able to infinitely stack might through a glitch and one shot people into permadead like they could a few days ago. In this case, grenades do more damage than they should and people are taking advantage of this by stacking zerker gear on top of it. It’s scummy, but they’re pigeonholed into doing it because it’s the best build.

Start running reflect and learn to dodge better. It’s all you can do until they fix this.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Again, read my comments.

Do you play engineer? Just throwing grenades at someone’s feet is generally close enough to proc the penetration bug. If you purposely try to throw grenades through a moving target you’re more likely to miss the second hit than your are to hit both the penetration and explosion damage.

Also, let’s pretend that in some crazy world that it is a good idea to try and throw your grenades behind someone to get more damage out of the grenades. Doing so would be considered clever, not unfair.

This isn’t an exploit. It’s a bug. An exploit would be more along the lines of thieves being able to infinitely stack might through a glitch and one shot people into permadead like they could a few days ago. In this case, grenades do more damage than they should and people are taking advantage of this by stacking zerker gear on top of it. It’s scummy, but they’re pigeonholed into doing it because it’s the best build.

Start running reflect and learn to dodge better. It’s all you can do until they fix this.

It’s an exploit. Don’t protect it.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Again, read my comments.

Good luck spending all your time ingame reporting what you think are ‘exploits’.

I imagine that even after Anet fixes/tones down this engi bug, that you’ll still be reporting it, or something else, as an exploit.

That should make for a really fun game for you. Enjoy.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Again, read my comments.

Good luck spending all your time ingame reporting what you think are ‘exploits’.

I imagine that even after Anet fixes/tones down this engi bug, that you’ll still be reporting it, or something else, as an exploit.

Why are you attacking someone over being upset that there is a legit bug nearly doubling a skill’s damage causing mass amounts of 1 shots (which is possible to be done by stealth, no less)?? Why are you even being toxic? It IS annoying to be in matches when people take advantage of cheap bugs… Shouldn’t be hard to sympathize… Unless you’re abusing it yourself and you think you’re good because of it… Please don’t be that person.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Duke.2097

Again, read my comments.

It’s two bugs that just happen to trigger when Engineer takes its best trait for its best kit. They can’t help it but they’re most certainly not going to stop running grenades until anet fixes this stupid kitten because people cry about it.

I’m not protecting it, it doesn’t need protecting because it’s going to get fixed. Also, no one is going to get banned for using this. Maybe if it hurt the economy or did something actually game breaking, but as it stands, engineers happen to be able to oneshot people with one ability every 30 seconds by taking the right gear and traits. That’s anets fault, not the players.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

How long are they going to allow this broken stuff to be in the game? Needs to be fixed immediately.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Ishbaal.1503

Ishbaal.1503

if on Mesmer would of been patched in 4 hours…

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Again, read my comments.

Why are you attacking someone over being upset that there is a legit bug nearly doubling a skill’s damage causing mass amounts of 1 shots (which is possible to be done by stealth, no less)?? Why are you even being toxic? It IS annoying to be in matches when people take advantage of cheap bugs… Shouldn’t be hard to sympathize… Unless you’re abusing it yourself and you think you’re good because of it… Please don’t be that person.

^

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Again, read my comments.

It’s two bugs that just happen to trigger when Engineer takes its best trait for its best kit. They can’t help it but they’re most certainly not going to stop running grenades until anet fixes this stupid kitten because people cry about it.

I’m not protecting it, it doesn’t need protecting because it’s going to get fixed. Also, no one is going to get banned for using this. Maybe if it hurt the economy or did something actually game breaking, but as it stands, engineers happen to be able to oneshot people with one ability every 30 seconds by taking the right gear and traits. That’s anets fault, not the players.

Not gamebreaking? What if they use it at ESL and/or Go4 and actually earn real money by winning with this kind of exploit? Don’t you see the problem? I’m not talking about Hotjoin, I’m a competitive player. Not a Daily Rank farmer.

This has the ability to gain an advantage NOT intented in the game.

It’s an exploit. Simple.

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

if on Mesmer would of been patched in 4 hours…

Oh wait…

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Duke.2097

Again, read my comments.

Not gamebreaking? What if they use it at ESL and/or Go4 and actually earn real money by winning with this kind of exploit? Don’t you see the problem? I’m not talking about Hotjoin, I’m a competitive player. Not a Daily Rank farmer.

It’s an exploit. Simple.

Lol. The very fact that you even suggested the idea of this bug being used at ESL is laughable and shows you have no idea what you’re talking about.

ESL matches are private and monitored environments with their own rules. If they want to hand out real money for wins, regardless of whether or not the win was illegitimate, that’s up to them and is entirely separate from Guild Wars 2 itself. Players can’t force ESL to give them money. Arenanet can’t help them other than fixing the bug.

I can’t take you seriously when you say you’re a competitive player yet believe someone using this bug to gain an advantage in a privately funded, opt-in environment is game breaking for the rest of the people playing Guild Wars 2. That’s just you trying to find another reason to whine.

So stop moving the goal posts. This isn’t about grenade barrage being used to win tourneys, or whether or not people are going to get banned for it, it’s about it being broken and it needing to be fixed. But in the mean time, players are going to be able to use it in whatever way they want.

If Arenanet saw it as that big of a deal, and they are aware of this by the way, they would’ve fixed it in the latest hotfix. Or put out a warning for players not to use the grenade kit/grenade barrage. Since they haven’t done either of these things, it’s safe to say this isn’t an exploit and no one is going to get banned for it. What ESL or whatever competitive gaming company decides to do in the mean time is irrelevant and completely separate from the game itself.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Look, this guy is making the rules for PvP now.

ANET has been patching everything they consider a bug. We will soon see if it is actually a bug or working as intended.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Again, read my comments.

It’s an exploit. Simple.

Lol. The very fact that you even suggested the idea of this bug being used at ESL is laughable and shows you have no idea what you’re talking about.

ESL matches are private and monitored environments with their own rules. If they want to hand out real money for wins, regardless of whether or not the win was illegitimate, that’s up to them and is entirely separate from Guild Wars 2 itself. Players can’t force ESL to give them money. Arenanet can’t help them other than fixing the bug.

I can’t take you seriously when you say you’re a competitive player yet believe someone using this bug to gain an advantage in a privately funded, opt-in environment is game breaking for the rest of the people playing Guild Wars 2. That’s just you trying to find another reason to whine.

1. ESL is NOT funding the Go4 Series, Anet does with the profit they did on marketing (not their funds they use for patches/work).
2. There has been many times where ppl exploited bugs in ESL. (remember the Ele air 1 stow for double healing? It was considered an exploit aswel and fixed after many weeks, if not months by arenanet and afterwards confirmed by Josh this was NOT intented.
3. ESL is just a host on the official GW2 Client. May I remind you about Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct? If Arenanet is setting such rules, it also means it cannot be broken in w/e tournament aslong you’re using the official Guild Wars 2 Client. Host is irrelevent, despite their own rulings.

I know alot about any tournament around because, you know, I might be actually running one of them.

Ppl (ab)using this while being streamed will just spread the poison. We’ve been there and we still are (Mesmer GS1 stow).

Again, Im not talking about Hotjoin, but the competitive side of PvP. Where ppl EXPECT others to be fair and treated fair aswel, inside or outside Tournaments.

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I am losing ranked matches that shouldn’t be losses because all engi’s in these matches are winning fights they wouldn’t normally win because of Grenade Barrage literally one-shotting players.

Gamebreaking? I think so. FIX IT ANET. FIX IT NOW.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

anet thought it was important to nerf mortar into Irrelevance (28% dmg nef) so we literally have to use nades. not our fault the trait makes them preircing.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

It really is weird they made Mortar AA priority over fixing this hilariously opaque issue.

Could it be it is much harder to fix then anyone here realises? Maybe it isn’t that they aren’t fixing it, maybe they just don’t know how yet?

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

It really is weird they made Mortar AA priority over fixing this hilariously opaque issue.

Could it be it is much harder to fix then anyone here realises? Maybe it isn’t that they aren’t fixing it, maybe they just don’t know how yet?

I doubt that.
See they nerf things like mesmer powerblock and mantra healing.

If their coding allows them to make kneejerk balancing and bug fixes. Then this should have been fixed 2 days ago.
I doubt that they are so incompetent as to make coding so obscure for one and not the other.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

I doubt that.

If their coding allows them to make kneejerk balancing and bug fixes. Then this should have been fixed 2 days ago.
I doubt that they are so incompetent as to make coding so obscure for one and not the other.

Those were nerfs. Nerfs are different to fixes, so I am sure the coding there was in working order and all they had to do was change values.

Like on Engineer they nerfed Mortar Kit damage, no issues, because it was in working order.

This bugged trait? Not so much.

So how would you fix 13 grenades flying off due to a trait in a knee jerk fashion? It is evident they can’t just stop the trait from malfunctioning atm.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Solori.6025

I doubt that.

But how would you fix 13 grenades flying off due to a trait in a knee jerk fashion?

Go back, find the trait code, fix it..
Also, I would ask that same question of , How do you fix a bug with interrupts doing 9k due to a trait?

They have done it once already. I can’t imagine if this was unintended that they wouldn’t do the same thing.

It was 24hrs for the powerblock bug to be fixed.
This is gonna be day 5 soon. With no fix.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Solori.6025

I doubt that.

Those were nerfs. Nerfs are different to fixes, so I am sure the coding there was in working order and all they had to do was change values.

Bug Fixes:

Mesmer
Chaotic Dampening: Reduced the recharge reduction percent of staff skills per pulse of chaos armor from 5% to 2%.
Power Block: Reduced the damage on interrupt by 17%.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

PistolWhip.2697

I doubt that.

Bug Fixes:

Mesmer
Chaotic Dampening: Reduced the recharge reduction percent of staff skills per pulse of chaos armor from 5% to 2%.
Power Block: Reduced the damage on interrupt by 17%.

Alright, I may be wrong there but I still hold they would fix it if they could. Why would anyone openly encourage and want disarray caused by an obvious bug that many have reported to be game breaking at this point?

I don’t buy this whole “Engineer favourite” thing. If that was the case they wouldn’t of bothered to make a game with 8 (soon 9) classes in the first place.

I firmly believe they just can’t fix it yet, because it is probably a weird issue.

That said, there is no way it is intended, if it was, it would be simply unjustifiable and ludicrous.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

Any other class it would have been fix the second it happend, but yet again anets lovechild the engi gets the special treatment. GG anet.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I am losing ranked matches that shouldn’t be losses because all engi’s in these matches are winning fights they wouldn’t normally win because of Grenade Barrage literally one-shotting players.

Gamebreaking? I think so. FIX IT ANET. FIX IT NOW.

So…what does it matter if it’s ranked or not? It’s not like the leaderboards are active…

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Was roaming in wvw yesterday, and I encountered an engi. He threw a net on me, and after a single grenade barrage + Rifle 5, I died (from 15.5k hp and 3k defence). Bug or not, I really hope this gets dealt with, the damage is ridiculous, and unfair.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

ANET has been patching everything they consider a bug. We will soon see if it is actually a bug or working as intended.

^this

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

Again, read my comments.

Good grief, calm down. I haven’t even played the game more than 2 hours since the patch came out. And that 2 hours was spent exploring the new LA. I saw a video about the engi ‘bug’ and thought it was hilarious, that’s all.

My ‘attack’, as you call it, is just me being sarcastic with some self important whiner who thinks he knows best how to run a game. For all we know, this might not be a bug…it might be working as intended.

In any case, Anet will most likely fix it or adjust it. It is not some game breaking ‘exploit’ as some of these teenaged teeth gnashers seem to think. The patch has hardly been out for any length of time……Anet, I am sure, is gathering all sorts of feedback on this and other overpowered stuff. I have been hearing/reading about tons of stuff with necros melting others in pvp, mezmers going nuts, fire builds over the top….etc…..etc….etc.

It is all because a major patch, that screwed with the builds/traits, JUST CAME OUT.

Be rational and deal with it. Put in rational, constructive, and helpful feedback to Anet about it, rather than just screaming “EXPLOIT! BAN THEM ALL!!!”

If it is game breaking for you, then don’t play for a bit. Let Anet work their way through the problems and adjust them. Crying like a little child that has just had their favorite toy taken away from them isn’t going to solve anything.

So in answer to your question, nope, I have not played my mesmer, engi, ele, or other op build beast. I have been running around in LA on my ranger marvelling at the new artwork, watching hilarious videos of the op builds on youtube, and laughing at the ridiculously spoiled brats whining on these silly forums.

Fight well, cheers, and ENJOY the game!

And don’t take the game so darned seriously…..try and maintain a sense of humor about it all……ESPECIALLY after major patches.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

It’s super annoying and I hate watching it happen, but your solution is too extreme. Why punish someone for using the tools that ANET has given to them? Who is really at fault here?

Past experience with something extremely similar shows bans were handed out quite freely. (Karma weapons and chili peppers fiasco!)

Only this time it is game play mechanics instead of economic issues. Lets see who is hypocritical about their stances on “abusing mechanics in game when you should be able to tell it was ‘not intended’ or ‘obviously a exploit’!”

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

^this

And you two would be completely fine with a skill that one shots everything staying in game? Especially when the engi can just pull you from stealth? This is ridiculous and if this is intended, I am amazed people still want to play this game.

I don’t care if it’s a bug or exploit or whatever, I just want it to be fixed. Nothing skilled or fun about this.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

^this

And you two would be completely fine with a skill that one shots everything staying in game? Especially when the engi can just pull you from stealth? This is ridiculous and if this is intended, I am amazed people still want to play this game.

I don’t care if it’s a bug or exploit or whatever, I just want it to be fixed. Nothing skilled or fun about this.

^this

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Any other class it would have been fix the second it happend, but yet again anets lovechild the engi gets the special treatment. GG anet.

1. It’s the weekend.
2. It took them a few days to fix the bug where Chaos Storm auto-killed (and I mean without even giving a downed state, capable of instagibbing even Lupicus) people in one of the patches in the past, so I don’t really see this as special treatment toward engis.

My guess is it will be fixed tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. We just need to be patient. (Crazy, I know.)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Teon.5168

^this

Nope, I wouldn’t be fine with it. Point is, Anet hasn’t had much time to deal with it yet, especially with a lot of the other op builds that are going on. Anet even put out a post on these forums stating that they knew that there were issues with the patch.

I have confidence and patience that this and other over the top stuff resulting from this patch will be adjusted/fixed.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-