Grenade Barrage Bug

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Grenadier is banned in in every organized PvP interaction, can this please be fixed so grenades can be usable

they should let you keep the kitten bug cuz engies are useless right now.

That’s the excuse I keep hearing…did you bother trying anything else or do you mean zerk engi?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I feel they didn’t perform all that well in the weekly tournaments so Chaith may have a point.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Wielder Of Magic.3950

Wielder Of Magic.3950

If they fix grenade barrage they should also fix warrior rampage, mesmer stealth instagibs, guard burn bombs, etc.

Atm that bug is the only thing zerk engi has aside from a slow to set up elixir build.
It is one skill, every 30 seconds.
It has a cast time, it can be blocked, it can be dodged.
If it misses the engi melts.

If they take away 100nades, but fail to adress the other overpowered damage specs engi will drop out of pvp. Traits are already all over the place, and builds that normally would have been viable in the previous meta won’t cut it now.

Fights no longer take 1 minute.
They take mere seconds.
barrage is the only thing engi has to compete in this burst meta.
I am not saying it isnt bugged, it is obvious that it is.
But it’s the only thing they have to match the instant burstpower of other classes.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

No other class can click one button and do that bullkitten even mesmers and theives have to press a couple.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

No other class can click one button and do that bullkitten even mesmers and theives have to press a couple.

mesmer izerker or confusing image = dead theif backstab = dead

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

mesmer izerker or confusing image = dead theif backstab = dead

not even close, and zerker can’t be done from stealth- it will be just as easy to dodge.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

The only bug we currently have is missing tooltip information that Grenadier trait cause also piercing, all grenade skills pierce with this skill. Acording to this change grenade barrage become a powerfull tool but only in zerker build which mostlikely will not be in meta.
Nowadays after patch too many people that shouldn’t play on zerker play zerker and that is why they are one shoted by zerker engi.
It is similar situation as was with turreter. Build wasn’t never in meta because it was easily countered by team play, but everyone cried about it as much as possible, now turreter is nerfed to the ground and it is no more viable option to play.
I recommend you all so much crying to start playing zerker engi and we will see how well you doing on that build. I wanna see only engis in game if they are so OP.

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Throwing a grenade pierces targets…The logic behind that alone is enough to tell me that it’s a bug and not intended.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

The only bug we currently have is missing tooltip information that Grenadier trait cause also piercing, all grenade skills pierce with this skill. Acording to this change grenade barrage become a powerfull tool but only in zerker build which mostlikely will not be in meta.
Nowadays after patch too many people that shouldn’t play on zerker play zerker and that is why they are one shoted by zerker engi.
It is similar situation as was with turreter. Build wasn’t never in meta because it was easily countered by team play, but everyone cried about it as much as possible, now turreter is nerfed to the ground and it is no more viable option to play.
I recommend you all so much crying to start playing zerker engi and we will see how well you doing on that build. I wanna see only engis in game if they are so OP.

It is not missing the tooltip, is trowing 14 nades instead of 7. Stop trying to cover this up with " stop crying " kitten.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Style.1092

Style.1092

It is not missing the tooltip, is trowing 14 nades instead of 7. Stop trying to cover this up with " stop crying " kitten.

see people even don’t understand why barrage hit 14 times in perfect situation…
It is impossible that piercing wouldn’t be implemented as intended…

Cpt Nemo Kolkozy

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Grenadier is banned in in every organized PvP interaction, can this please be fixed so grenades can be usable

That’s the excuse I keep hearing…did you bother trying anything else or do you mean zerk engi?

He clearly didn’t… but Koroshi, one of the better engineers did and his 3 kit condi engi is pretty amazing: http://www.koroshi.net/forum/m/25875586/viewthread/22804713-celestial-condition-engineer-build/page/1 – no nades needed.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

He clearly didn’t… but Koroshi, one of the better engineers did and his 3 kit condi engi is pretty amazing: http://www.koroshi.net/forum/m/25875586/viewthread/22804713-celestial-condition-engineer-build/page/1 – no nades needed.

sorry, Im strictly speaking of spvp. I haven’t seen any remarkable engie play in my MMR. I don’t actually play engie.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

sorry, Im strictly speaking of spvp. I haven’t seen any remarkable engie play in my MMR. I don’t actually play engie.

cmon we both know the wvw players are just as good if not better at pvp than the pvpers….. I mean it’s not like the armor, sigils, modifiers are different……

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Koroshi plays pvp too and the build (and video) I linked is actually both for wvw and pvp – with variations in traits and utilities. At around ~3 minutes in the video you can see him use the pvp build in matches and doing extremely well with it.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I’m fed up with all the other Engineers saying that fixing this bug will destroy the build.

Guess what? It won’t.

It’s a fun little bug to play with while it lasts, but as it stands the same build without the bugged trait still 1 shots thieves and eles, and you can 2 to 3 shot other classes. The build will still be strong, and will be our main build.

Also I have nothing against Koroshi, but he usually plays builds that excel in 1vs1 fights and you often see him pushing these 1v1s at far etc. He’s not a shining example of top tier Engineer, especially when Texbi 100-0’d him.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

I’m fed up with all the other Engineers saying that fixing this bug will destroy the build.

Guess what? It won’t.

It’s a fun little bug to play with while it lasts, but as it stands the same build without the bugged trait still 1 shots thieves and eles, and you can 2 to 3 shot other classes. The build will still be strong, and will be our main build.

Also I have nothing against Koroshi, but he usually plays builds that excel in 1vs1 fights and you often see him pushing these 1v1s at far etc. He’s not a shining example of top tier Engineer, especially when Texbi 100-0’d him.

Yes of course he’s not a shinging example of top tier engi, but he IS an example of how viable engi still is even without grenades. The build is basically the same Teldo played for a long time after launch.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Koroshi plays pvp too and the build (and video) I linked is actually both for wvw and pvp – with variations in traits and utilities. At around ~3 minutes in the video you can see him use the pvp build in matches and doing extremely well with it.

im in top NA MMR (or somewhere close I think, going off the players im going up against), and I’ve seen very few effective engies. maybe EU is quite different, but judging from that vid he’s in a very low MMR bracket. I love Koroshi’s material, it’s entertaining, but he’s never ever fighting players of equal or better skill level.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

Today was double daily engineer pvp, so many of them playing.
I didn´t use the grenade barrage since I know it is bugged or unbalanced. However, near all engineers I met used it at will. Anet needs to solve this problem or balance this skill asap.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

im in top NA MMR (or somewhere close I think, going off the players im going up against), and I’ve seen very few effective engies. maybe EU is quite different, but judging from that vid he’s in a very low MMR bracket. I love Koroshi’s material, it’s entertaining, but he’s never ever fighting players of equal or better skill level.

MMR is all over the place man, I’ve fought Abjured, then I have fought keyboard turners who are evidently new to PvP from how they react to objectives.

I honestly don’t believe MMR works properly at all atm.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Amen grouch

#Juggernaut ftw

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Justice is served!
Though I do hope they just cut the damage by half before they come up a real fix instead of disabling it.

Now please disable PU before you find a real solution please?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Grouch, the community must give you a lot of flack for being an engineer main and on the development team. Everyone thinks your bias towards engineers affects decisions when it comes to balance. But confirming this bug, taking action, and having a prompt plan to fix the issue has really made me feel otherwise. You’re doing a good job.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Grouch, the community must give you a lot of flack for being an engineer main and on the development team. Everyone thinks your bias towards engineers affects decisions when it comes to balance. But confirming this bug, taking action, and having a prompt plan to fix the issue has really made me feel otherwise. You’re doing a good job.

“Prompt”

….

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

rip engis.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

rip engis.

Yep…

15chars

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Something tells me mesmer is next…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

So wheres necro and especially mesmer nerfs too?

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its hardly been timely action especially when other abilities were nerfed so quickly. And what plan? No plan is specified.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Its hardly been timely action especially when other abilities were nerfed so quickly. And what plan? No plan is specified.

Grouch specified that it is disabled until the next patch. Giving us a date on a bug fix is better than a Soon™.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzo.2465

Khenzo.2465

Grouch specified that it is disabled until the next patch. Giving us a date on a bug fix is better than a Soon™.

Still doesn’t make it prompt. Should have been sorted ages ago given how broken it really was. This is one hella slow reaction to sort it.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

rip engis.

So true.
All that is left now is massive heals, literally endless defense with dodges/blocks, endless condition spamming combined with quite high condi damage, very good direct damage and a kitten load of cc/kd.

This nerf is definitly not fair for engis. I mean, what shall they do now???

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

rip engis.

So true.
All that is left now is massive heals, literally endless defense with dodges/blocks, endless condition spamming combined with quite high condi damage, very good direct damage and a kitten load of cc/kd.

absolutely keen to see this endless dodges/blocks build. please link

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Conditions are still just worse and a mesmer can blow you up 100-0 even if you are running with a “bunker” spec.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Tools traitline?

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Storm.1653

Storm.1653

I have stopped pvp completely because of this. Is just real bad testing by devs. Like real kitten bad. i don’t know what else to say. RIP pvp

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

rip engis.

So true.

Ever heard of AED?

It’s extremely powerful post patch when use invention line.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

rip engis.

So true.

Ah, you must be running the infamous 6/6/6/6/6 spec.

I get your point, Engineer will go on, but you’re exaggerating a bit here.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I disagree completely. The balance patch has been out for over a week now. Fix it. It is taking way too long. The rumor now is that we won’t even see a fix until Tuesday at the earlier. Completely unacceptable.

Your definition of prompt is definitely different.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Storm.1653

Storm.1653

well it is still a free game, so don’t get so bent. Am i disapointed they didn’t do more testing? well yea. this is a pretty bad patch that only a few anet huggers are enjoing

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I disagree completely. The balance patch has been out for over a week now. Fix it. It is taking way too long. The rumor now is that we won’t even see a fix until Tuesday at the earlier. Completely unacceptable.

Your definition of prompt is definitely different.

I agree with style, If you want promptness, that would be the mesmer nerfs.

Engie has the most work that they have alotted to, Elite Reworks, graphic changes, aesthetic changes, etc.

Hell even the Engie trait rework presentation was done in power point slides.

Engie bugs or exploits take a while to take action whereas other classes get the knee jerk reaction nerfs.

So yea…

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

lol, mesmer got knee jerk reactions even before the patch hit.

MtD, (While testing on a golem /facepalm) Confusing Combatants

And we already got the Power Block damage fix, you know..

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

If they fix grenade barrage they should also fix warrior rampage, mesmer stealth instagibs, guard burn bombs, etc.

Atm that bug is the only thing zerk engi has aside from a slow to set up elixir build.
It is one skill, every 30 seconds.
It has a cast time, it can be blocked, it can be dodged.
If it misses the engi melts.

If they take away 100nades, but fail to adress the other overpowered damage specs engi will drop out of pvp. Traits are already all over the place, and builds that normally would have been viable in the previous meta won’t cut it now.

Fights no longer take 1 minute.
They take mere seconds.
barrage is the only thing engi has to compete in this burst meta.
I am not saying it isnt bugged, it is obvious that it is.
But it’s the only thing they have to match the instant burstpower of other classes.

too bad the only bugged one is barrage others are just working as intended

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

lol, mesmer got knee jerk reactions even before the patch hit.

MtD, (While testing on a golem /facepalm) Confusing Combatants

And we already got the Power Block damage fix, you know..

They’re never slow to fix bugs that negatively impact Mesmer effectiveness. On the flip side, it took them 2+ years to fix pWarden. Two of our weapon traits still don’t work now. I can list many more examples.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I can’t believe mesmers are still complaining after the amount of buffs they got. Yes, there will be nerfs going your direction, but everyone had to expect that.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

StickerHappy.8052

I can’t believe mesmers are still complaining after the amount of buffs they got. Yes, there will be nerfs going your direction, but everyone had to expect that.

Who is complaining, we are merely stating the fact that we already got nerfs.
The other guy said “Mesmers will be next”
I only corrected him.

So is that a form complaining to you? Wow.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

And then the eles will be next. Until we are all back to the same old boring stuff that we had before the trait rework.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Laraley.7695

And then the eles will be next. Until we are all back to the same old boring stuff that we had before the trait rework.

Yeah so? There are things about eles that need a rework anyway.

But this is a bit of overreacting. I don’t find fighting mesmers that spam mantras on me fun either.

Grenade Barrage Bug

in PvP

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I don’t think so. Because no1 yet pointed consistently to what actually the “problem” is. And as long as people tell me, I should stop using PU, when I don’t use it anyways, it is mostly an issue of ignorance.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!