Halp! Open Match Chests Nao?

in PvP

Posted by: Tokeatowa.7365

Tokeatowa.7365

I’ve got 200 of these bad boys saved up cuz I hate having to sort through all the extra gear I already have.

Is there any news on how these chests will be affected by the patch?

Should I just open them now and salvage to make some dyes?

Wld be nice to get an official response. Sorry if this has already been answered but it’d be a shame to let those chests go to waste.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey guys,

The chests themselves will not be removed from the game. The update is that the chests will no longer be rewarded starting the 18th.

Sorry for any confusion!

in PvP

Tokeatowa.7365

Not a lot. But i have pretty much every skin so i have to salvage pretty much everything that comes out of those chests.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Hey guys,

The chests themselves will not be removed from the game. The update is that the chests will no longer be rewarded starting the 18th.

Sorry for any confusion!

In place of the chests, what will we be given?

in PvP

Tokeatowa.7365

Hey guys,

Sorry for any confusion!

Thanks for the clarification!

in PvP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Hey guys,

Sorry for any confusion!

What about the glory boosters that comes in the chests, will they be replaced with another reward after the phasing out of glory boosters?

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

No, the glory boosters will not be replaced, but they will be removed. The new rewards system is going to be awesome, so it should balance out. I realize that’s less than ideal, but it had to be done.

in PvP

Posted by: Hellmasker.1649

Hellmasker.1649

So the glory boosters are just vanishing? No compensation at all for ~200 boosters?

REJOICE! Dwayna hath had her mercy on us; her battered and beaten, tired and taxed.
For we have held fast our ground and our loyalty to Tyria each and every day…
And it is time the Six show their blessings. Freedom for ALL doers of great and wondrous things!

in PvP

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

So the glory boosters are just vanishing? No compensation at all for ~200 boosters?

-sniffles-

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

That is correct, Hellmasker.1649.

in PvP

Posted by: Mystylaise.4673

Mystylaise.4673

No, the glory boosters will not be replaced, but they will be removed. The new rewards system is going to be awesome, so it should balance out. I realize that’s less than ideal, but it had to be done.

Allie why you don’t allow us to sell our glory boosters as junks? (ex : 25 copper /unite)

in PvP

Posted by: That Other Guy.7351

That Other Guy.7351

Could we please get an official response on what’s to become of the crafting mats and duplicate pvp gear?

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Am I the only one who doesn’t care that my 200+ glory boosters and other random/duplicate material will vanish? I’m just happy we’re getting a different system. I never really cared for the current one, took me too much time salvaging/forging stuff. Yes I’m lazy.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

What will happen to the pvp locker? Will current pvp gear become soul bound needing to be deposited in the pve bank or remain account bound? Will pvp exclusive gear remain account bound and deposited in the pvp locker?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Am I the only one who doesn’t care that my 200+ glory boosters and other random/duplicate material will vanish?

you are probably alone or in a minority given people have paid real money for glory boosters and they are removing them without compensation.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

IMO something should be given to players. Remove the boosters early and compensate them with glory that they can spend before glory is totally removed… especially considering that some people paid for these in the gem shop.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

and this wasn’t answered in my topic before because?
i had someone answer me falsely that they were going to disappear and i immediately opened my 250 chests just because i was stupid enough to have thought that it was this 18th instead of 18th MARCH

in PvP

Posted by: Neotko.3492

Neotko.3492

Ok PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS!:

I have been PAYING CASH for gems ONCE a month (because I like to support the game)

This that PAYED CASH I bough keys for Black Lion Chests

That PAYED CASH USED on keys returned me arround 200+ Glory Boosters

NOW YOU TELL ME THAT THAT ‘PAYED CASH’ or that PAYED GEMS, or that PAYED GEMS TRANSFORMED IN KEYS USED IN CHESTS THAT RETURNED X ITEMS and some of that items are Glory Boosters that will just DISAPPEAR?

SO… My cash, that you got for my ‘support’ to the game, will be returned to me on LESS ITEMS ?

In what world is that even possible?

in PvP

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

Dude. o_O

Have you ever experienced something really tragic in your life ? ‘Cos if that’s how you react to such an insignificant loss …

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.3192

Rome.3192

Ok PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS!:

I have been PAYING CASH for gems ONCE a month (because I like to support the game)

NOW YOU TELL ME THAT THAT ‘PAYED CASH’ or that PAYED GEMS, or that PAYED GEMS TRANSFORMED IN KEYS USED IN CHESTS THAT RETURNED X ITEMS and some of that items are Glory Boosters that will just DISAPPEAR?

SO… My cash, that you got for my ‘support’ to the game, will be returned to me on LESS ITEMS ?

You say you donated for the betterment of the game. This new change is exactly for that. Where is the problem?

Thief

in PvP

Posted by: joonasp.9217

joonasp.9217

Removing an item that was purchasable using gems (ie. real money).

Amazing market strategy Anet!

Now I’m too scared to buy anything from the gem store. They might be removed and not compensated in future as well.

- JanS Löllykkä – www.jansguild.tumblr.com -

(edited by joonasp.9217)

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Would it really be that hard to add an option to sell glory boosters back to the vendor? Really?

I find it hard to believe.

I don’t have that many of them myself, but it seems like you guys are being pretty stubborn about this, and for no valid reason I can see.

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

What will happen to the pvp locker? Will current pvp gear become soul bound needing to be deposited in the pve bank or remain account bound? Will pvp exclusive gear remain account bound and deposited in the pvp locker?

I’d like to know this as well.
Is it a good idea to fill up our pvp lockers now?
What happens to duplicate pvp gear?

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

Dude. o_O

Have you ever experienced something really tragic in your life ? ‘Cos if that’s how you react to such an insignificant loss …

I think you’re missing the point. This isn’t a ‘tragic loss’, it is people being cheated. People don’t like to be cheated. No one. Ever.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

So, is the new rewards system coming in the same patch?

in PvP

Posted by: GEM.9418

GEM.9418

Removing an item that was purchasable using gems (ie. real money).

Amazing market strategy Anet!

Now I’m too scared to buy anything from the gem store. They might be removed and not compensated in future as well.

Yeah I agree, seems very scummy to me. I really hope ANET reconsiders this with some sort of compensation.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

That sucks….

I love this game, but that’s a kick in the gut.

I really feel like I can’t trust any items in this game. It really feels like the stuff I have can just magically be taken away at any time.

…losing trust in this company… =/

in PvP

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Ok PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS!:

You got some consumables, maybe you should have.. you know.. consumed them?

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Ok PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS!:

You got some consumables, maybe you should have.. you know.. consumed them?

Because maybe he either didn’t want to use them yet or hasn’t had the chance to use them yet?

There was no expiration date put on the boosters in the store.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Lol Anet way to scam people. Want to delete anything else we earned/bough while you at it? Legendaries, armor skins, minis, other boosters? Make your pick….

(edited by Lucyfer.9517)

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

Concerning glory boosters, I’d be surprised if they weren’t the least selling item on the gem store. They were fairly abundant in game able to stack up to 8 hours on a character and can be used on multiple characters which takes advantage of switching classes at the start of a tourny. I don’t think anyone actually bought keys wanting a glory booster out of a bltc chest which contains multiple items. Not too mention I doubt any real money went into the game from a player actually wanting a glory booster unless it was a first time buy until they learned how abundant they were in game. Even still if I buy 10 glory boosters with real money and earn 100 glory boosters while playing, the ones used first are always considered the ones I bought versus the last ones used.

I’d like to know this as well.
Is it a good idea to fill up our pvp lockers now?
What happens to duplicate pvp gear?

We ask the real questions!

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

It’s things like this that gives you insight into what little thought goes into a decision they make.

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I don’t think anyone really expected to get a ton of glory from these things. Convert them into 25 glory each and I would be happy.

in PvP

Amstel Steel.2058

I don’t think anyone really expected to get a ton of glory from these things. Convert them into 25 glory each and I would be happy.

That is a fair point. I just don’t know how cost efficient it would be to code a one time thing like this and how it would effect their current timetable. If they were to invest resources into compensation it may take away or push back from what they had planned.

(edited by Amstel Steel.2058)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Any news on how to reward the tournament-players? Because the chests are pretty worthless right now (like everything we saved up in 1.5 years)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Malpercio.2436

Malpercio.2436

Simple solution to make everyone happy, let us throw in 4 glory boosters in the forge and get a random one out, wont feel like such a waste considering most people who have them will never touch them in the first place. Or make the recipe something else. Don’t just delete them from the game, some people like OP have spent gems on them and are gonna feel jipped and taken advantage of.

or throw bloodstone dust somewhere in the forumla ;b

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Please change glory boosters into a consumable that directly gives glory, similar to a Chalice of Glory but something like 100-200 glory each would be much more appropriate than simply removing them.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Tommy.6572

Tommy.6572

Well that is disappointing. In the past you have always reimbursed us for things or given us compensation, squared things one way or another. But I guess you don’t owe us anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

kitten everything about that. I hate how Arenanet is handling PvP. It is already hard to keep playing but the continued actions of disregard conerning veteran players is just saddening.

They are literally saying “kitten you if you PvP” again and again. Why not give a compensation? It is done so very often for PvE but PvP does not matter? Seriously why do you treat your PvP community like that?

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

That is a fair point. I just don’t know how cost efficient it would be to code a one time thing like this and how it would effect their current timetable. If they were to invest resources into compensation it may take away or push back from what they had planned.

How much is player trust worth?

in PvP

Dojo.1867

Could we please get an official response on what’s to become of the crafting mats and duplicate pvp gear?

It will be removed without any compensation for your effort just like everything that is linked with doing PvP. You think you deserve any respect in Arenanets eyes if you did PvP for the last 18 months? You thought wrong. They don’t give a kitten about you and they continuesly prove that. I’m out.

in PvP

Posted by: Horrible.3470

Horrible.3470

Can you explain the reasoning behind this to us again? I’m not really sure how it makes sense to just remove an item that
1) could be purchased directly though the Gem Store originally
2) dropped from Black Lion Chests (which are opened via paid Gem Store keys)
3) were given as match win rewards as well as daily rewards

Without giving ANY compensation for that. Is this because the sPvP population is small enough to not matter?

__

I’m sure there are reasons for this, I’m just not sure they’ve been clearly communicated that well.

Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Horrible.3470)

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

they could be made in a 1 time use that gives a fixed amount of glory instead…
simple and easy…

in PvP

Posted by: Alaztor.6918

Alaztor.6918

Why not make them tradeable to a NPC like you did with the tournament tickets, maybe trade 3x booster for a pvp unid dye or 10x for a mystery coffer or 30x for a lvl up tome?

in PvP

Dojo.1867

It would be easy as kitten to implement some kind of compensation for those so OBVIOUSLY the simple answer to all our questions is:

Yes, being a PvPer until now does not matter. They don’t care what you think.

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t think it’s really “coding” as such, it’s altering database entries: they already have something similar in both the karma consumables and the chalice of glory (which gives you 5000 glory) so I’d imagine it would require no actual “coding” as such, just changing some database entries so instead of it giving a 50% boost for an hour using it gives you X glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

Ok PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS!:

You say you donated for the betterment of the game. This new change is exactly for that. Where is the problem?

They can have legal problem for this. This is what we call a scam.

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

whats the problem guys? u all had choosen not to use glory booster and stack them.. so its your own fault.. the droprate out of chests is never higher than the amount u use.

on the same u all act like 200 glory booster are worth 10000G or would bring u assured 10000K fame.

in PvP

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

whats the problem guys? u all had choosen not to use glory booster and stack them.. so its your own fault.. the droprate out of chests is never higher than the amount u use.

on the same u all act like 200 glory booster are worth 10000G or would bring u assured 10000K fame.

It’s a matter of principle. People who paid gems to buy Glory Booster have to be refund no matter what, they paid for a service, if they want to remove it they need a compensation or it’s a scam.

When they paid for it, no date limit on using them was fixed on the Gem Store. I hope for them that they won’t do this mistake because they will lost faith on some of their buyers, and they can also have legal issues because of this ( Scam 1€ or 1000€ is still a scam )

On the other hand, people who don’t paid for it are not in the same situation. But thinking about rewards we get which are worth less now because of this new situation made me a bit disapointed still.

(edited by Miaz.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Problem is glory booster is part of the reward i have earned. Some have spent real cash on it. I’m not letting go of anything i have earned without a proper replacement.