Help Me Escape MMR Reset Hell Hole

in PvP

Posted by: Tarishian.9768

Tarishian.9768

How do I escape the MMR reset hell hole?

No matter how good I play, or how many consecutive wins I get it will always get balanced by the following games of 4v5’s or r10’s on my team who play as a hotjoin zerg and have no desire to communicate or learn.

This keeps my win rate at 50% all the time meaning I will never climb rank where I can play with experienced and intelligent people.

Now I don’t really care about ladder ranking as a bragging right, I just want to play with good people.

As it stands it seems like pure luck on climbing the ladder.

<witty and somewhat pretentious attempt to appear intelligent>

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

There wont be much difference climbing the leaderboards you will still be paired with zergers along with 4v5. Your best bet is to find a team and do team queues

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Idk how to help you out of mmr hell, some people just seem to be stuck there. Higher rank matches are usually better but no one can really escape 4vs5 especially when skyhammer comes up.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Tarishian.9768

The most frequent issue is the r10 crowd playing like total idiots.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Arenanet really should just group people of similar rank together 0-19 20-39 40-59 and so on.

There aren’t enough people playing pvp for that. Anet can’t do a lot of things because of how small the population is. They need to solve that issue before working on anything else

in PvP

Tarishian.9768

Arenanet really should just group people of similar rank together 0-19 20-39 40-59 and so on.

There aren’t enough people playing pvp for that. Anet can’t do a lot of things because of how small the population is. They need to solve that issue before working on anything else

Yeah I remembered the fact there isn’t enough players and edited that sentence out.

Maybe they could follow a similar system but pool players with high performance rates to add in high ranked matches when there is less of a pool to choose from. The selection priority could be something like this:
Rank
>Performance
>Win rate
>Communication

I put communication there because at the end of the day, a low rank player could be very good, but they can also be terrible. However if they are known to speak to their team it means they are open to respond to direction.

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

yep tell me about it, lost first 3 games. Now im being put in and against teams with ranks <10, who don’t communicate. So far win about 9 games lost 2 went from 7% to 44%….. Seems like a very long walk before i get to normal people.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

am i the only one who thinks there’s a problem if people have no idea how to play this game ?

Doesn’t this show there’s a problem due to the game not teaching players how it should be played ?

in PvP

Tarishian.9768

am i the only one who thinks there’s a problem if people have no idea how to play this game ?

Doesn’t this show there’s a problem due to the game not teaching players how it should be played ?

Arenanet should indeed do an in-game tutorial for each map taking into account the dynamics of soloq and teamq.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

MMR hell hole was way worse under the old matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

ArcticPanzerWolf.7692

This demand for a tutorial as a solution for improving poor game play is amusing. I’m not sure a tutorial showing bad players to play well will make a difference. Why don’t most players need this and why are they able to pick it up on their own? What makes these players different from the rest? Trust me, no amount of tutorial will make a bit of difference. If a player can’t figure out a simple game mode and use their own noggin to figure out where they need to be, when they need to be there and what to do once there, they are well beyond the assistance of anything other than someone else playing their character for them.

in PvP

Tarishian.9768

Well there are smart people and dumb people lol

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Idd it does.
The game should just crash after an initial warning if you don’t do anything constructive … or move you to mists. Or transform you into a bunny and make you run laps in a yard with other bunnies until you solemnly swear to read the instructions.

But yeah .. seriously, you are right. Perhaps the solution is not adding things, but instead giving players something very simple to start out with, where you can’t go wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: JoeVertigo.9236

JoeVertigo.9236

I’m afraid you guys are overestimating the average player here. It’s not about people not having instructions, it’s about their will to learn the ropes. Some folks just don’t care, that doesn’t make them stupid, just a bit annoying if they’re on your team. I have no idea how teamQ works because I don’t play it, but I join soloQ fully aware that I should expect all kinds of random. Get over it.

There’s already a screen explaining how the map works, it pops up every time you join a match. What else do you want? A huge red arrow showing where you should run now?

Oh, and I constantly see some people whining during matches how it’s somebody else’s fault we’re losing. Yeah, because it’s never your own. Come on.

Also, what bracket do people have in mind when they refer to “MMR hell”, huh?

in PvP

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

This thread is so illogical. If moving up or not is just luck, why would you expect anything different once you get there?

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

What have you expected? I posted directly after the matchmaking was changed that i’m constantly have low rank teams and compleately glueless people…

But all feedback was: " Your matches are even in terms of MMR", “You where just carried by the old matchmaking and now matchmaking puts you where you belong”, “L2P, matchups are good!”
Now a bigger part of the active forum users seems to be affected by this…
Maybe anet will anounce something tomorrow… i dont think so, but maybe… I lost my faith! If they are doing anything, then it will take them around 3-6 month to implement and test it. Slowest developement progress i have EVER seen! Maybe the employes have worked on “Duke Nukem” before… Would explain alot…

The only think you can do is:
- Leave soloQ
- sync
- run a troll build and dont care about win/loose and just ave fun (my favorite)
- wait for anet to do something
- wait for the playerbase to become better
- wait and complain and be unhappy

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Is there not something in game like this? Where a 4v5 loss would cost you much less MMR than a fair fight? The MMR you gain is always dependant on the enemies you beat or lose to. Maybe it just doesnt show as readily on just the leaderboards?

ANET are people really losing all their gained MMR from a fair fight if they get a 4v5 after?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, there is also a difference between “actually trying” and “making always the right decision”.

There is always the moment during the fight that you ask yourself “Should I stay and fight or should I go and check that contested point?”, “Should I hold the point or attack treb?”. Both actions make sense, but what is the best? I feel sometimes you don’t know for sure, and you have to take your chances (for example, you might go and attack trebber and then die or run away losing time because another enemy respawned and turned the fight into a 2v1, or attacks you at half health when you killed the trebber… you should have stayed at mid, then, but how could you know? And maybe you would have died from treb there).

My suggestion about Soloqueue… when you lose, stop playing for a while. I don’t know why, but it seems like stuff comes in a streak. I win many in a row, then lose many in a row.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Right now rank gain in solo que is rather about luck than skill, but after a few weeks it will settle down.

However, there are some ways you can play to increase your win/lose ratio.
First of all, play full glass cannon ranged build, and simply snipe people. Noobs won’t even know what hit them till it’s too late. Such fire support is extremly effective.
Second, take advantage of map architecture:
Khylo – go for your team’s trebuchet,
Skyhammer – support mid and cannon, eventually bunker far node if you are good at pushing people into holes,
Spirit watch – ignore orb, cap all possible nodes (noobs usually totally ignore them, it should be easy),
Foefire – move between close and mid,
Forest of Niflhel – camp mid at platform, where melee can’t reach you, and support close when needed.

And remember to ping on map.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Just don’t play right now.

Eventually everything will stableizes and even if your MMR is low it won’t take long for the game to realize your in brackets you shouldn’t be in.

I may be a little ignorant on the way match making works but I see it as worst case scinerio 2 months later you get paired with noobs and just climb the ladder by carrying your team until it puts you in the right spot.

Not ideal but better than getting 4v5s and everyone on your team is r10 vs r30+

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

What Dagins said, plus two more:
Play hambow warrior and ALWAYS try to communicate in team chat. In most cases there is at least one more guy who is in the same boat, so if you two play good and according to your other newbie teammates, you should be able to carry them. If noone listens and just acts like aholes, then just run around the map and flame them. Then add them to your blocked list, so you can see when they are already in game and you can queue again without a chance of being matched together again.

Oh and a bonus one(my golden rule in soloqq): Bring a utility for safe-stomping an enemy. Always finish your opponents, even if someone else from your team is stomping too. Don’t count on anyone else to stomp him.
“If you want something done right, do it yourself.”

in PvP

Tarishian.9768

Savov you are a BEAST that is such a good idea blocking the noobs so I know when to queue. +63 to you sir!

But yeah I have pretty much realised that right now soloq is gambling without any reward.

I’m on a big win streak right we’ll see how long that lasts. Oh wait, Skyhammer and someone is asking tactics.

/wrist

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, I actually got teamed with better people now than before patch. Don’t know how this is possible, but everyone was communicating, and I was almost always the lowest rank in the match (rank 29).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself