Help with keybindings

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Hello everyone.

I use Shift to switch weapon. This makes highlighting (the red circle) a position on the minimap problematic, because most of the times I need to highlight a spot for my team to see I don’t want to switch weapon.

Is there a way to bind that action (highlighting on the minimap) to Ctrl?

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: GhOst.4019

GhOst.4019

Change your weapon swap to CTRL. If you really MUST have that button as your weapon swap…then bind your Ctrl key to press Shift and your Shift key to press Ctrl :/

#1 Player Granada
#1 Player Comoros

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i still use ` for weapon swap which is the default and it has never failed me, but i have big hands so idk…

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

nope no way to change this and I have dodge on shift so Im burning my endurance bar every time i tell the dumb people where to go lol

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Maxwell.7843

Ouch, I really hoped there was a way in game… Shift is in the perfect position for me…

Thank you, everyone!

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I completely remap all of my keys binds, shifting all of my controls to the right a few keys. Makes a bunch of more keys available to me to use for my pinkie and ring fingers. My friends all call me weird for it, but some do get why I do it. I think one of them have started experimenting with whole new setups too.

For me, weapon swap is Q.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Hello everyone.

I use Shift to switch weapon. This makes highlighting (the red circle) a position on the minimap problematic, because most of the times I need to highlight a spot for my team to see I don’t want to switch weapon.

The only way would be to use software that lets you change the input value for keys. For example, my weapon swap is `, but that key was not supported in TESO and I was already used to it, so in my brief time playing TESO I changed the ` key to be NUM1, and in game set NUM1 to my weapon swap. To me, ` then swapped my weapons. So in your case, you’d have to swap your keybinds around in game, and then use software to swap the inputs of shift and ctrl around so that you get your desired keybinds. If you have any doubts, this use of third party software is legal.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

Hello everyone.

Change your movement keys to ESDF instead of WASD. It will give you A as your weapon swap. I changed to this set up in WoW and it is a little bit quicker because the Braille bar on F helps you orient without looking in case your fingers have to move off the keys for any reason

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

I use the same keybind, but why would that be problematic? It’s annoying, I agree, but it’s not exactly problematic or game breaking. It doesn’t really matter off-fight and perfectly works infight, once your weapon swap is on CD.

Retired GW2 Player

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Maxwell.7843

I had been thinking for a while of moving my keybindings to the right (even before I incurred in this issue).
Right now my utilities are E(heal) R F(usually a short cooldown skill) C X(elite).
I was thinking to rebind my weapon skills in a similar fashion, and make the profession skills bound to 1234 instead of F1 F2 F3 F4…
I don’t know, I need to give this some thought.

I use the same keybind, but why would that be problematic? It’s annoying, I agree, but it’s not exactly problematic or game breaking.

Not gamebreaking, I agree, it’s just a bit problematic if I end up switching from AxeSword to Longbow and I can’t block.

No doubt some of it is a L2P issue. I probably need more experience to learn how to call for help before the situation gets dire, but sometimes it’s so fast.
It probably doesn’t help that I started playing PvP not long ago, and in unranked I often get paired up with people that ignore mapchat, don’t want to have strategies (the answer to “shall we discuss strategy?” is either no answer, or “we kill them”), don’t peel from lost fights, suicide at far…
To be clear I’m not complaining or saying I’m better, I’m the first to say that there is a lot I still need to learn.

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I completely remap all of my keys binds, shifting all of my controls to the right a few keys. Makes a bunch of more keys available to me to use for my pinkie and ring fingers. My friends all call me weird for it, but some do get why I do it. I think one of them have started experimenting with whole new setups too.

For me, weapon swap is Q.

I did the same thing. I removed them all and built it from scratch. Took a few weeks to get use to but in the end I couldn’t be more comfortable. The default keybindings are crap, and trying to fix them by changing one or two things won’t help the root of the problem.

My swap is set to T.

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Maxwell.7843

I shifted to the right my keybindings.

It feels super weird, I keep messing up (no unranked for a while, now). I will need to get used to it now…
It’s strange though, since everything shifted I expected this would feel more natural. I mean, the movements my hand has to do are the same…

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: Wintersnight.3061

Wintersnight.3061

If you are going to switch to ESDF, put a piece of duck tape or something over the F to help build your memory…once you get use to it, you can take off the tape and the braille bump is good enough to know where your index finger needs to be so you never have to look down.

Cindy Lou Who, Retired Ranger
Quinn Wintersnight, Guardian

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Maxwell.7843

I’m going to try, thanks for the tip!

Do you still keep the profession skills on F1-F4? Or did you move them to F2-F5?

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Help with keybindings

in PvP

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

I still need to tweak my controls a bit for better efficiency. But I play casually so it’s not a huge deal.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace