in PvP

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Druid is op scrapper is op dragonhunter is op so nerf mesmer anet logic 2016

Helseth on upcoming Mesmer nerfs

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Don’t care really. Thats generally my perferred method of balancing slaughtering an op class/build and driving off the FOTM trash for a development cycle or so and let some other classes/builds see the light of day. Its almost impossible to change classes/builds from OP to just run of the mills strong in one iteration. Smash away i say. Mesmer players are no more special then anyone else. Lots of classes/builds have been “unplayable” for extremely long periods of time. No one cares until it’s there perferred class that might be toward the bottom for a bit.

Mesmers have been completely unplayable except for 2 month periods once a year since launch for the most part. Ele has never not been in the meta, potentially changing now. Nerfs to mesmer, an already underpowered class except as bunkers which were already shaved to not being OP, is completely ridiculous and I pretty much think everyone who supports the nerf just can’t deal with the clone mechanic or is utterly insane. So far though the nerfs didn’t look that bad for shatter. But with thief buffs it’s completely irrelevant anyways because they will dominate the meta for a good while.

I would just like to point out that ele was out of meta for a year before they buffed celestial, you might wanna correct yourself.

While I don’t agree to trashing any class to the point you get flamed for playing it, I don’t think you realize that lots of classes have had the same one build issue for years. Ele never had anything else, but that one build, each time slightly different.

Fresh air was never viable enough to at least be in some serious tournaments, no one would play it. On the other hand shatter mesmers were played, not that much, but Helseth and Misha played it at least. I also don’t think shatter mesmer was in such a bad position, they were food for thieves, but nowhere near to unplayable.

Anyhow, this balance patch is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Don’t care really. Thats generally my perferred method of balancing slaughtering an op class/build and driving off the FOTM trash for a development cycle or so and let some other classes/builds see the light of day. Its almost impossible to change classes/builds from OP to just run of the mills strong in one iteration. Smash away i say. Mesmer players are no more special then anyone else. Lots of classes/builds have been “unplayable” for extremely long periods of time. No one cares until it’s there perferred class that might be toward the bottom for a bit.

Mesmers have been completely unplayable except for 2 month periods once a year since launch for the most part. Ele has never not been in the meta, potentially changing now. Nerfs to mesmer, an already underpowered class except as bunkers which were already shaved to not being OP, is completely ridiculous and I pretty much think everyone who supports the nerf just can’t deal with the clone mechanic or is utterly insane. So far though the nerfs didn’t look that bad for shatter. But with thief buffs it’s completely irrelevant anyways because they will dominate the meta for a good while.

I would just like to point out that ele was out of meta for a year before they buffed celestial, you might wanna correct yourself.

While I don’t agree to trashing any class to the point you get flamed for playing it, I don’t think you realize that lots of classes have had the same one build issue for years. Ele never had anything else, but that one build, each time slightly different.

Fresh air was never viable enough to at least be in some serious tournaments, no one would play it. On the other hand shatter mesmers were played, not that much, but Helseth and Misha played it at least. I also don’t think shatter mesmer was in such a bad position, they were food for thieves, but nowhere near to unplayable.

Ele is really not a fair example, you guys might have been out of meta for a year, but what you guys have later kept you in meta for a very long time. Pre HOT, rangers, Necros, Mesmers were completely out of the meta. Even with Robert Gee’s trait revamp, Mesmers had few weeks to shine and it was over nerfed after that. How anet treats Mesmer class compare to other classes is pretty evident, other classes get slap on the wrists, and Mesmers get the drag down to basement and beaten with a baseball bat.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Ele is really not a fair example, you guys might have been out of meta for a year, but what you guys have later kept you in meta for a very long time. Pre HOT, rangers, Necros, Mesmers were completely out of the meta. Even with Robert Gee’s trait revamp, Mesmers had few weeks to shine and it was over nerfed after that. How anet treats Mesmer class compare to other classes is pretty evident, other classes get slap on the wrists, and Mesmers get the drag down to basement and beaten with a baseball bat.

You mentioned ranger. Mind telling me how many days ranger was meta in any mode? Not only in pvp. (Asking in days because i’m not sure there’s a whole month).

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Maybe read what I quoted. That person said ele was always in meta, which is not true.

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yay! Kill it! Kill it with fire! Kill all the Mesmers.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

I will have no issue if Anet remove the class from the game and return any items/gold invested in the character back to my bank.

Clearly they are clueless in how to balance this class.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The alacrity changes also greatly increase Mesmer cooldowns on everything. Well of Precognition is being made worthless.

It’s not the nerf itself (50% which is bloody ridiculous.. when did anet hit anyone other than mesmer that hard? ) but the ripple effect that it will have with ALL Mesmer skills

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Bunker mesmer had to be nerfed hard, now to buff shatter back up- hit illusions traitline or something.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

yeah right.. when has ANET ever done something nice for Mesmer that wasn’t to sell an expansion?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

From livestream chat today, I think they spent a big chunk of the stream on WvW changes, but this part got my attention:
Guild Banners – Defiance bar reduced. Refill time increased. Not allowing profession skills like Mesmer’s Continium Shift to affect them. Lots of nerfs to their skills.
Yep, you read that correctly, “lots of nerfs to their skills”.

I think we pretty much know what will happen next week.

RIP Mesmers.

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4279il/guild_chat_winter_2016_update_preview_livestream/

Lastly, nothing related to the topic, but this new potential video series from Helseth is hilarious and entertaining, random choose few players and carry them up the rank in league:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/425tml/helseth_new_pvp_series_featuring_instructional/

(edited by Rome.7124)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I will have no issue if Anet remove the class from the game and return any items/gold invested in the character back to my bank.

Clearly they are clueless in how to balance this class.

ANet killed warriors but they didn’t refund any items or gold to me. You should not either.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Look, Helseth mains Mesmer. His rantings IMO are just a transparent ploy to protect his beloved, nothing more.

Bunker Mesmer is studiply OP right now in PvP, nerf it into oblivion.

He was the first to say how broken chronoshatter was (obviously compared to core builds), and then how broken alacrity bunk was after playing it against oRNG

Helseth was also the first to cry scream rant and rave about how the new braindead scepter AA clone torment spam meta was coming to Mesmer when torment was added to the scepter.

Look how that turned out…

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

ANET has successfully killed Mesmer.. even the streamers and the commentators are talking about it. Sunfish said he was glad Mesmer was gone.

Congratulations ANET you accomplished your goal and submitted totally to Orange Logo and Spooky. I want my money back though. So much for all the talk about not balancing around the Pro leagues. Clearly that was not at all true,

I bought HoT to have a competitve Mesmer and I feel pretty ripped off atm.

Mesmerising Girl