Herald is disgusting

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I agree that other classes look a bit deficient by comparison to revenant in its finished but slightly unpolished state.

In particular necromancer weaponsets, and arguably core mechanics are very weak and need to be reworked.

Ranger is similar but with worse mechanics but better weaponsets. Traits are also a tad worse too.

Warrior has good weaponsets, but somehow its design is having a hard time adapting to this meta. I’m not really sure how I’d rework it.

Engineer is mostly great with good core weaponsets, and 1 or 2 good kits (even toolkit is questionable noe due to bugs), but it has massive trait issues. The trait rework was quite detrimental for it compared to all of the other classes. It remains a somewhat strong class due to sheer versatility in the things it can do, especially in regard to CC and cleave. Its condition weakness keeps it reasonably in check and doesn’t feel like much of a concern even after the condition check.

Everything else has been reworked to a state of relative goodness, even after years of mediocrity (see mesmer pre-June).

Revenant is also strong because each of its legends take the best things about a distinct playstyle and make it extremely specialized. You have conditions/attrition/sacrifice (very complex), a mobile burster, and a tanky bruiser all as possible highly specialzied roles with Glint holding it together with the glue that is team/personal support through boons. Theres also area support through healing, which is less synergistic than simply support through boons.

I’m more concerned with what elite spec they could do after herald for it. All the based of the 4 archetypical playtstyles of most MMOs are there in the base class, so the elite spec has to hold things together to make the highly specialized role more versatile in what it can do.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

So, to hijack this thread with some kittening about Necro shortcomings… (That’s what we do, get used to it).

Seeing this amount of damage on a ranged skill with a 3/4s cast time has left me pretty butt – hurt. The one thing about Gravedigger (Reaper GS #2) being impossible to land and having minimal range was that once in a blue moon you’d see a 12-15k gravedigger. (Obviously I’m only talking about PvP here.)

Revs are just crappin’ out 20k ranged attacks? Meanwhile I’m flailing around a 600lbs foam noodle at the speed of smell for half that damage?

Someone’s gotta get nerfed, or ah gotta get buffed. This butt – hurt is unacceptable!

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Pretty much. Revenant feels a lot like Death Knight was in WoW, where the passion they have for making a new class combined with the accumulated design experience of having worked on the game for years means the new class is simply better. More efficiently tuned and synergized, bigger numbers… just overall BETTER.

At this rate, they’re going to need another round of trait revamps just for most core professions to keep up.

I agree with this statement. This has happened on most MMORPGs that I have played in the past when they introduce a new character class or profession. They really need to make sure that they don’t make Revenant SO good that there is really no point in playing any of the other professions.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

The only thing disgusting about Herald, is that it’s not part of the core class.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Pretty much. Revenant feels a lot like Death Knight was in WoW, where the passion they have for making a new class combined with the accumulated design experience of having worked on the game for years means the new class is simply better. More efficiently tuned and synergized, bigger numbers… just overall BETTER.

At this rate, they’re going to need another round of trait revamps just for most core professions to keep up.

I agree with this statement. This has happened on most MMORPGs that I have played in the past when they introduce a new character class or profession. They really need to make sure that they don’t make Revenant SO good that there is really no point in playing any of the other professions.

I don’t think this will be a problem. Its versatile but many niches, like stealth, water fields, healing/group condi cleanse (if ventari doesn’t get reworked), AoE DPS and mobility are just better fulfilled by other professions. There are more that I can’t even think of right now.

I think Amarante’s point about fixing problems with other classes is valid though. I mean we are still riddled with bugs on skills since launch, bad weaponsets, and rarely bad class mechanics. And overall at the heart of this game’s pvp, there hasn’t been much to play besides a bruiser, zerker, or supportbot, and the concept of attrition involves spamming burning and water attunement swap rotations until your opponent dies.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Well, it can’t stack 25 Might very fast at all, doesn’t provide any unique boons like Alacrity, doesn’t have Reflects(only destroys them on Ventari), doesn’t have Stealth, etc.
As is, it can cover a lot of aspects on many classes, but it wont outright make them pointless. For example, Herald can supply perma-Fury for the group and can still do pretty good damage(while also providing Might and +50% boon duration), so he can be a good substitute for an Ele, but then the Ele has better Fire Field duration while maintaining its higher DPS, Ice Bow for structures/CC/Damage(ignoring linecasting), a pulsing AoE Blind, etc.
It’s gonna compete with the other classes, but I wouldn’t worry about replacing them outright.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

the people that figured out what few builds to run with rev and had a decent amount of time practicing rev were ridiculous. It got to the point where i was seeing so many of them that i said kitten it and went full zerk melee reaper just so if i ever did managed to hit them it might actually do some kittening damage.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Typical op expansion class. We have never seen this before…..

There’s nothing OP about it. Learn to counter

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Typical op expansion class. We have never seen this before…..

There’s nothing OP about it. Learn to counter

Standard “don’t nerf me” talk. There are certainly parts about Revenant that ARE too strong. Very easily. Some other parts certainly need help (a touch of condi removal, ventari, some love back to Jalis), but Shiro and Herald currently are a bit over the top and so are some weapon aspects.

Revenant could be made to do ‘okay’ (but not great at all) before this last BWE, and in some ways were certainly pushed above where they needed to be. The changes from BWE 1 and 2 were not minor by any stretch of the imagination.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If it is OP, I am sure they will balance it some before release. However, they will probably release Rev a bit on the strong side. If something isn’t glaringly strong, many people are slow to pick it up. It is kind of what they did with Warrior in pvp with Hambow. They had to make it glaringly OP, let everyone jump on the Warrior bandwagon, then when they reigned it in quite a few just kept trucking.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Glint’s heal should have a cast time, or if they want to make it instant, it shouldn’t work through disables.

They should also give the rev a sign on screen that says stop attacking cause your healing me.

Are you actually implying glint’s heal is okay as it is? A heal that goes through stun, provides regeneration passively when it’s not active, is instant cast when it’s active? Really?

1. Regen is a sorry heal and is outhealed by almost every passive healing signet in the game.

So please don’t bring up regen like it’s a warriors healing signet.
It’s been bad since launch and it’s still bad.
Don’t believe me.
Go make something glass and try and survive with regen only, no heal, just regen, with someone attacking you. Come back and tell us how well that went.

2. That heal on a celestial amulet heals initially for 2,077. The rest of the healing comes from you attacking.
They turn a bright blue
They have an icon on the buff bar.
It’s really really hard to not see that using burst skills on a bright blue target is a bad idea.

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

I know this is really hard, and may be awkward at first.
But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

Do you attack a warrior with defiance stance on?
No of course not.
You would have to be a scrub to do that right?
The same applies to a Giant blue glowing Revenant.

You’re hilarious. I have tested revenant extensively, destroyed every other class with it. I know how to look out for the glint legend swap and the incoming heal. The thing is, it’s still not that easy to prevent them from healing. Let me elaborate.

1. They heal from condition damage. Let’s say you have a kitten ton of torment and confusion on them. They just have to walk around a few times spamming AA and they’re back to full hp.

2. This basically applies for every dot. Pets, minions, elemental summons. Whatever. Necro wells, phantasms, etc. Basically ai interaction.

3. Putting aside 1v1 perspective, you think in tpvp everyone’s a hive mind? Oh glint’s heal popped, everyone stop aoe bomb or single target focus. Don’t apply conditions or dot. Really?

4. Disregarding the regen, it being able to work through disables is ridiculous. Why should you be able to heal through stun or taunt?

5. Even if you don’t attack when the heal is up, which probably means you’ll be kiting any potential damage from the revenant, he’ll just switch to another legend and use that heal instead. Either way, he gets to heal and you don’t get to do anything about it.

If you think revenant is weak after their buffs, I think it’s the player not the class.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Glint’s heal should have a cast time, or if they want to make it instant, it shouldn’t work through disables.

They should also give the rev a sign on screen that says stop attacking cause your healing me.

Are you actually implying glint’s heal is okay as it is? A heal that goes through stun, provides regeneration passively when it’s not active, is instant cast when it’s active? Really?

1. Regen is a sorry heal and is outhealed by almost every passive healing signet in the game.

Don’t believe me.
Go make something glass and try and survive with regen only, no heal, just regen, with someone attacking you. Come back and tell us how well that went.

2. That heal on a celestial amulet heals initially for 2,077. The rest of the healing comes from you attacking.
They turn a bright blue
It’s really really hard to not see that using burst skills on a bright blue target is a bad idea.

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

You’re hilarious. I have tested revenant extensively, destroyed every other class with it. I know how to look out for the glint legend swap and the incoming heal. The thing is, it’s still not that easy to prevent them from healing. Let me elaborate.

1. They heal from condition damage. Let’s say you have a kitten ton of torment and confusion on them. They just have to walk around a few times spamming AA and they’re back to full hp.

2. This basically applies for every dot. Pets, minions, elemental summons. Whatever. Necro wells, phantasms, etc. Basically ai interaction.

3. Putting aside 1v1 perspective, you think in tpvp everyone’s a hive mind? Oh glint’s heal popped, everyone stop aoe bomb or single target focus. Don’t apply conditions or dot. Really?

4. Disregarding the regen, it being able to work through disables is ridiculous. Why should you be able to heal through stun or taunt?

5. Even if you don’t attack when the heal is up, which probably means you’ll be kiting any potential damage from the revenant, he’ll just switch to another legend and use that heal instead. Either way, he gets to heal and you don’t get to do anything about it.

If you think revenant is weak after their buffs, I think it’s the player not the class.

Ok so they heal for a few seconds from condi dmg then start taking massive damage again because they have crap for cleanse.

Other classes have some level of invulnerability this is one way of having that that also has a counter. Not every encounter with the rev is going to be an aoe fest that allows them to heal all the way up. I played with the glint heal all weekend. By the end the good players noticed it and backed away completely wasting the skill and no heal. So I switch to shiro and get enchanted daggers and have to actually attack to get any health which is usually negated by the damage I’ll take while attacking. Only the sword 3 skill really allows you to heal from the daggers which can be blocked by anyone paying attention.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

people complaining about Glint heal I find hilarious. I’ve even see people want to give it a cast time……..so because the heal is actually convenient for the Revenant player, people would rather make it as crappy as defiant stance then simply learn to stop attacking.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

yeah about defiant stance why is it that revenants get to use an istant version of it that also lasts longer ?

i know i know apples to oranges, different classes and all that, but still that much of a gap doesn’t seem justified.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Malchior.5732

yeah about defiant stance why is it that revenants get to use an istant version of it that also lasts longer ?

i know i know apples to oranges, different classes and all that, but still that much of a gap doesn’t seem justified.

Probably because the Herald doesn’t have the option to swap to Healing Signet or truly change utilities since Legends, as you know, come with an unswappable set..

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

Ok so they heal for a few seconds from condi dmg then start taking massive damage again because they have crap for cleanse.

Other classes have some level of invulnerability this is one way of having that that also has a counter. Not every encounter with the rev is going to be an aoe fest that allows them to heal all the way up. I played with the glint heal all weekend. By the end the good players noticed it and backed away completely wasting the skill and no heal. So I switch to shiro and get enchanted daggers and have to actually attack to get any health which is usually negated by the damage I’ll take while attacking. Only the sword 3 skill really allows you to heal from the daggers which can be blocked by anyone paying attention.

You just convinced me that you have no idea how to play revenant. If you play shiro/glint, it’s completely different from mallyx/glint. Mallyx/glint is extremely strong with no problems from either power or condi builds. Shiro/glint is weak to condi but very strong against power builds. If you play shiro/glint you shouldn’t even try to fight on even ground against condi classes.

Makes me wonder if you just played it casually or was actually testing it.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

(edited by ReaperJr.5967)

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

You just convinced me that you have no idea how to play revenant. If you play shiro/glint, it’s completely from mallyx/glint. Mallyx/glint is extremely strong with no problems from either power or condi builds. Shiro/glint is weak to condi but very strong against power builds. If you play shiro/glint you shouldn’t even try to fight on even ground against condi classes.

You just convinced me all you want to do is complain. You want to talk about one combo in the entirety of the revenant. Mallyx is ok with conditions if that’s how you want to go but you can’t just look at one combo. Makes me wonder if you play anything else.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

You just convinced me that you have no idea how to play revenant. If you play shiro/glint, it’s completely from mallyx/glint. Mallyx/glint is extremely strong with no problems from either power or condi builds. Shiro/glint is weak to condi but very strong against power builds. If you play shiro/glint you shouldn’t even try to fight on even ground against condi classes.

You just convinced me all you want to do is complain. You want to talk about one combo in the entirety of the revenant. Mallyx is ok with conditions if that’s how you want to go but you can’t just look at one combo. Makes me wonder if you play anything else.

What are you even on about? My point was that glint’s heal synergises a little too well with the revenant as a whole, and that it should be toned down a little. I have substantiated it with valid reasoning, although I can’t say the same for you. Why would you isolate a single skill and say ‘this skill by itself is not op so it can’t be op even if it’s complimented by other mechanics’?

I multi class by the way. I’ve played every class except necro in pvp.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

What are you even on about? My point was that glint’s heal synergises a little too well with the revenant as a whole, and that it should be toned down a little. I have substantiated it with valid reasoning, although I can’t say the same for you. Why would you isolate a single skill and say ‘this skill by itself is not op so it can’t be op even if it’s complimented by other mechanics’?

I multi class too. You can’t say one skill is bad because you refuse to counter it. Just don’t attack pretty simple.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

I multi class too. You can’t say one skill is bad because you refuse to counter it. Just don’t attack pretty simple.

I don’t ‘refuse to counter’ anything. I just provided an entire list of why that doesn’t work most of the time against a moderately competent revenant and you have yet to validate your point.

You sound like the kind of person who will claim we can’t say d/d ele is op because we refuse to counter it.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

I don’t ‘refuse to counter’ anything. I just provided an entire list of why that doesn’t work most of the time against a moderately competent revenant and you have yet to validate your point.

You sound like the kind of person who will claim we can’t say d/d ele is op because we refuse to counter it.

You’re comparing a single skill to an entire profession. Your list is bunk. It lasts for 4 seconds. You’re assuming way too many things that will happen that often don’t. Your claim about mallyx only applies to conditions and nothing else. If you’re using your utilities to suppress conditions all game you’re not doing much damage.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Revenants are definitely strong and probably need some numerical adjustments on spammable skills like the hammer auto. I’d give it one more beta to see where the things are when people actually learn to play vs revenants.

One serious complain is that vanilla classes look very bland in comparison to the revenant and I’m afraid Anet will have to start reworking the base classes in order to put the original specializations, weapons and skills in line with what revenants provide.

Leman

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

You’re comparing a single skill to an entire profession. Your list is bunk. It lasts for 4 seconds. You’re assuming way too many things that will happen that often don’t. Your claim about mallyx only applies to conditions and nothing else. If you’re using your utilities to suppress conditions all game you’re not doing much damage.

No idea if you’re trolling or.. 4s is not a short period of time in a real time fast paced game like gw2. All the scenarios I’ve stated are what I have personally experienced, meaning they have happened in actual games, not just theoretical talk.

And pray tell, if you’re not using mallyx as an anti-condition measure for revenant, what do you use? I would love to hear from the pseudo expert. Your lopsided arguments are very entertaining.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

(edited by ReaperJr.5967)

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

No idea if you’re trolling or.. 4s is not a short period of time in a real time fast paced game like gw2. All the scenarios I’ve stated are what I have personally experienced, meaning they have happened in actual games, not just theoretical talk.

And pray tell, if you’re not using mallyx as an anti-condition measure for revenant, what do you use? I would love to hear from the pseudo expert. Your lopsided arguments are very entertaining.

Edit: please clarify what you mean by comparing a single skill to a profession. You mean, we are actually supposed to balance skills individually without regards to the other mechanics the profession offers?

You compared the glint skill to dd eles.

You realize there are legends other than Mallyx and Glint right? You’re not required to use both of those you know that right?

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

Edit: please clarify what you mean by comparing a single skill to a profession. You mean, we are actually supposed to balance skills individually without regards to the other mechanics the profession offers?

You realize there are legends other than Mallyx and Glint right? You’re not required to use both of those you know that right?

You realise that other legends do not have adequate condi clear right? And you realise that there are no decent revenant builds without glint right?

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Hammer damage is crazy no doubt about that but so is Mesmer GS and Ranger LB and Warrior Rifle.

Hammer is slow, clunky, doesn’t have enough evades to save it’s kitten or a fast enough CC to prevent focus fire. The evade on Shiro takes a lot of Energy and if you see them pop their Glint heal, just walk away from them for 3s and burst them down right after.
Half they time, when they pop that heal, they die immediately after. Seriously, there has been rarely a point where a Rev popped a Glint heal and managed to survive right after, unless his teammates were around to save him.

I’m not saying Hammer shouldn’t be toned down, everyone can agree that it should, but in general, the Rev is just a flashy profession with a lot of holes that can easily be poked that.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Dirame.8521

You realise that other legends do not have adequate condi clear right? And you realise that there are no decent revenant builds without glint right?

And Mallyx somehow has adequate condi clear? Mallyx stands no chance against Necros, especially Necros in their current Cele state.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

And Mallyx somehow has adequate condi clear? Mallyx stands no chance against Necros, especially Necros in their current Cele state.

Mallyx has high resistance uptime and decent condi clear. Till date I haven’t lost a single node against a necro on revenant. I would love to see how you play against a revenant on the meta cele necro build, no sarcasm intended.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Hammer damage is crazy no doubt about that but so is Mesmer GS and Ranger LB and Warrior Rifle.

Hammer is slow, clunky, doesn’t have enough evades to save it’s kitten or a fast enough CC to prevent focus fire. The evade on Shiro takes a lot of Energy and if you see them pop their Glint heal, just walk away from them for 3s and burst them down right after.
Half they time, when they pop that heal, they die immediately after. Seriously, there has been rarely a point where a Rev popped a Glint heal and managed to survive right after, unless his teammates were around to save him.

I’m not saying Hammer shouldn’t be toned down, everyone can agree that it should, but in general, the Rev is just a flashy profession with a lot of holes that can easily be poked that.

I would love someone to do a dps camparision between rev hammer and mes gs

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

1. So they have a crap ton of torment.
And they waste the heal to get back up to full life just to die to a crap ton of torment?
But then again I guess expecting someone to waste a condi burst and stand there is exactly how pvp works. Nevermind that a lot of the classes that can stack a lot of condies can also be either elusive or tanky ( or both in the case of a mesmer).
Let’s totally disregard the fact that fighting such classes is going to be an uphill battle for a rev.

2. Sorry, I’m not sorry that there is a class that can kill mindless AI builds like MM necro or Turret Engie pr mesmer’s that refuse to shatter and pop out clones and run.
That sounds to me like a build problem, and not a common problem at that. Unless your seriously advocating for less counter’s to AI builds.

3. Have you watched ESL or WTS.
Those players know how to communicate.
Team pvp revolves around team communication and player skill.
So yes, I would expect GOOD players to see a blue icon and stop attacking,CC, or switch targets. OR burst the rev down because GG you used the only good heal skill in a team fight with 3+ people on a node ( tell me again how many escapes the rev has?)

4. You know, I agree, Why should someone be able to do anything while disabled. You shouldn’t be able to pop
Shroud Skills while disabled
Switch attunements while disabled
Shatter while disabled
Use pet skills while disabled
Steal while disabled
Use virtues while disabled

Did I miss anything?
I mean rev is the only class that can do something meaningful while disabled right?
Lets change that.

5. They will switch to another legend.
That’s good.
If they switch to shiro that heal sucks.
So GG
If they switch to Jalis great, that heal isn’t that good either.
They switch to malixy awesome.
They have no stun breaks and can be CC’d to death.
They switch to ventari , super.
That has lackluster healing capabilities when compared to the other’s and is a huge micromanaging headache ( also one of my least favorite functioning legends)
Also no stun breaks.

WoW, switching legends all of a sudden looks a little worse doesn’kitten

I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden people forgot how to play against a rev.

Mallyx- A lot of Resistance to condies, can have high resistance uptime IF coupled with glint. No stun breakers- CC hard counters, No anti kiting ability, no gap closers in utility, heal’s for a base 3.3k. This is a hammer warriors wet dream legend. If they cant move they die, that’s not rocket science

Glint- No Cleanses from Condies, no resistance, one stunbreaker.
Don’t attack the blue glowing revenant= wasted heal

Jalis- No gap closers, CC resistance via stability road, one taunt, one condi cleanse tied to healing, one stun breaker tied to the elite. Very energy heavy
Jalis isn’t a cheap legend. You can kite and put ranged pressure on this legend. Use CC to force them to use there elite OR make them blow the heal with condi pressure. Then condi them down.

Ventari- Area (lackluster) healing, Area Condi cleanse, Area ranged reflect.
No kiting power, no real healing skill.
Burst this legend down.
It’s bad, it’s not energy effiecient, and it doesn’t have any CC break.

I would love to see this build you run reaper, Because every competent player I fought this past weekend knew most if not all of the Rev’s weaknesses and exploited them heavily.
And every Rev I fought on my Chrono I pretty much was able to walk on.

I think the only valid complaint I have seen on these forums this week has been that unyielding anguish goes through stability. And I can agree with those that say it shouldn’t. But that will only be fixed when Anet codes it as a CC and not a port.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

First question yes, second question I don’t know as i didn’t bother with non glints because I liked my own build too much. Without mallyx. Yea I’m weak to heavy conditions but that doesn’t make it a bad build. That’s like saying all thieves are bad because they’re weak against heavy armor.

You seem to think that because you feel glint and mallyx are a strong combo that we should nerf glint. That’s not how things work. Nerf glint and you nerf many other builds.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Mallyx has high resistance uptime and decent condi clear. Till date I haven’t lost a single node against a necro on revenant. I would love to see how you play against a revenant on the meta cele necro build, no sarcasm intended.

I fought a friend of mine. He played condi Rev and I played Condi Necro. He got me a few times when i got complacent but, when I got serious and started chaining CCs whilst transferring conditions and removing boons…. there was just no way.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sorry…what condi clear?

Here you go, I’ve been maining Necromancer since launch and BWE2 I haven’t lost to any Revenant using Mallyx. Necromancer in meta, even most non-meta (maybe aside from Power Wells) annihilates this 1v1 similary to how we stomp Engineers.

Corrupt Resistance into Chill twice, he won’t have enough Energy to activate his utilities again and will be forced to swap. Once he swaps and uses Infinite Light he has two options – either disengage or die. Even if he endures long enough to swap back to Mallyx, by this time he’s a wreck doing no damage because of Weakness he can’t cleanse and condis which get transfered. Then you just corrupt/rip all resistance he has and that’s it.

I’ve played Revenant this BWE. A lot. Good Necromancer should be nearly impossible to beat as Mallyx Rev.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Combination of hoelbrak runes and the elite mostly. But thinking about it, I’m inclined to agree necro has the advantage. However, no other class has the unique boon corruption mechanics.

Which leads back to the same argument for d/d ele. Just because one class counters it does not mean it isn’t overpowered

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

interesting how they manage to kitten up even the PvP which people think it’s the ‘core’ of GW2

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

A War running Defiant Stance is that Wars only heal. It also has a cast time even though it’s a stance. A Rev has access to another heal. Also, is a team fight situation you could just pop the heal if you get focused while reviving which is massively useful.

Note though that my gripe is more with Defiant Stance (and the new Rage heal) are just totally inferior. Why does Rev get 2 heals and one is just a actually useful version of something else in the game? Imo Wars deserve the instant cast way more and the Rev version needs a cast.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Posted by: deathike.4623

deathike.4623

Thy are going to be the next d/d ele after ele gets nerfed.

Chill to the bone !
Level 80 Necro, elementalist, thief, ranger, mesmer, warrior

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

A War running Defiant Stance is that Wars only heal. It also has a cast time even though it’s a stance. A Rev has access to another heal. Also, is a team fight situation you could just pop the heal if you get focused while reviving which is massively useful.

Note though that my gripe is more with Defiant Stance (and the new Rage heal) are just totally inferior. Why does Rev get 2 heals and one is just a actually useful version of something else in the game? Imo Wars deserve the instant cast way more and the Rev version needs a cast.

In that same vein, why do Revs get an Invuln that isn’t really an Invuln and can be completely stopped by soft CC, but prevents point-capture? Revs don’t get an instant cast Invuln for 4 secs + a trait that does the same(Crystal Hybernation trait is more a liability than an asset really), nor do they get a crazy good Regen that can’t be prevented(only weakened by Poison) and that also doubles as emergency Resistance.

The double heal for Rev is just as much a weakness as it is a strength. You can actually get locked out of your heal if you swap Legends either because you needed the energy or needed a Stun Break(if you run that) or a Condi Clear and then what? You gotta survive 10 more seconds without healing somehow.

We gotta mention too: none of the Heals can get a cooldown reduction from any trait. At best, you got the Ventari heal, which is incredibly clunky, especially during a fight, and then the Glint heal which has a 25s Cooldown. THEN take into account that, at best, the Revenant only has 1 Stun Break per Legend, ignoring the Stun Break on Legend swap, while other classes can put exactly as much as they want/need. THEN take into consideration that the Revenant has barely any cleansing at all(compare to Warrior) and needs to spec into Corruption AND take Mallyx(mostly useless for Power builds) to get any amount of Resistance.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

In that same vein, why do Revs get an Invuln that isn’t really an Invuln and can be completely stopped by soft CC, but prevents point-capture? Revs don’t get an instant cast Invuln for 4 secs + a trait that does the same(Crystal Hybernation trait is more a liability than an asset really), nor do they get a crazy good Regen that can’t be prevented(only weakened by Poison) and that also doubles as emergency Resistance.

The double heal for Rev is just as much a weakness as it is a strength. You can actually get locked out of your heal if you swap Legends either because you needed the energy or needed a Stun Break(if you run that) or a Condi Clear and then what? You gotta survive 10 more seconds without healing somehow.

We gotta mention too: none of the Heals can get a cooldown reduction from any trait. At best, you got the Ventari heal, which is incredibly clunky, especially during a fight, and then the Glint heal which has a 25s Cooldown. THEN take into account that, at best, the Revenant only has 1 Stun Break per Legend, ignoring the Stun Break on Legend swap, while other classes can put exactly as much as they want/need. THEN take into consideration that the Revenant has barely any cleansing at all(compare to Warrior) and needs to spec into Corruption AND take Mallyx(mostly useless for Power builds) to get any amount of Resistance.

Did you just call Endure Pain an Invuln? Btw that stance is bugged atm. I feel like half of the complaints leveled at War are based on total misconceptions/misinformation.

Just an angry old man…

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

Did you just call Endure Pain an Invuln? Btw that stance is bugged atm. I feel like half of the complaints leveled at War are based on total misconceptions/misinformation.

I mean, you’re right, it’s not a true Invuln either, but it’s the same as Crystal Hibernation when it comes to stopping Conditions, except a lot better because you’re not rooted and don’t get stunned + 25 Vuln when you get soft CC applied. Regardless, you can’t ignore the rest of the post just because of that, can you now?

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

I mean, you’re right, it’s not a true Invuln either, but it’s the same as Crystal Hibernation when it comes to stopping Conditions, except a lot better because you’re not rooted and don’t get stunned + 25 Vuln when you get soft CC applied. Regardless, you can’t ignore the rest of the post just because of that, can you now?

I mean, right now Rev brings way more to the table than Warriors. The one standout weakness I hear used about Rev is their weakness to conditions but the Herald heal is pretty solid against them. It’s the instant nature that makes it so good. It’s easy to know when a War uses Defiant Stance because of the cast. However with Herald you can “fake” being in danger and then pop the heal and just a few good hits before the enemy can react is all you need for it to be useful.

Rev also has Stability on dodge right? I haven’t memorized everything about the class yet but I know there’s also a skill that gives excellent Stab uptime. It’s like when Engis claim to have terrible Stab uptime while forgetting that Juggernaut exists. Not specing for something does not mean your class lacks access to it. Rev forces you to avoid getting CC’d in the first place rather than being all about breaking stuns like War.

I would LOVE to have some of the more active defense Rev has as a War. Honestly with how disappointing Berserker is I might be re rolling when HoT comes out.

Just an angry old man…

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

I mean, right now Rev brings way more to the table than Warriors. The one standout weakness I hear used about Rev is their weakness to conditions but the Herald heal is pretty solid against them. It’s the instant nature that makes it so good. It’s easy to know when a War uses Defiant Stance because of the cast. However with Herald you can “fake” being in danger and then pop the heal and just a few good hits before the enemy can react is all you need for it to be useful.

Rev also has Stability on dodge right? I haven’t memorized everything about the class yet but I know there’s also a skill that gives excellent Stab uptime. It’s like when Engis claim to have terrible Stab uptime while forgetting that Juggernaut exists. Not specing for something does not mean your class lacks access to it. Rev forces you to avoid getting CC’d in the first place rather than being all about breaking stuns like War.

I would LOVE to have some of the more active defense Rev has as a War. Honestly with how disappointing Berserker is I might be re rolling when HoT comes out.

The heal is good for the burst Burning can do, but it’s not nearly enough for constant condi pressure, so you have to just dodge every dangerous Condi move or deal with it by taking Lyssa runes or anything you can or go Corruption + Mallyx, which is kinda limiting.
The only thing they need to change on the Glint heal is making it easier to see when it’s popped; adding a cast time will kill the move as a defense against focus fire/CC chains that the Revenant tends to be very weak to.

Rev can take the Retribution line for Stab on Dodge and it’s a good line that makes you feel rather tanky, but you do need to use dodges very often to maintain the Stab(Herald can easily give you perma Stab thought) and the Retribution line has like no damage or condi clears.
Outside of Retribution, the only Stab you can get is using Jalis’ Road which pulses 1s of Stab like 5 times so it’s not that great since it takes so long to take effect and then lasts basically nothing. I personally like to take Retribution/Corruption/Herald for a Condi build, but I do miss the Stun Break, Condi Cleanse, and 40% Crit Chance in Invocation :L

Oh, and a Necro corrupting your boons is pretty rough and Corruption + Mallyx will only go so far.

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

The heal is good for the burst Burning can do, but it’s not nearly enough for constant condi pressure, so you have to just dodge every dangerous Condi move or deal with it by taking Lyssa runes or anything you can or go Corruption + Mallyx, which is kinda limiting.
The only thing they need to change on the Glint heal is making it easier to see when it’s popped; adding a cast time will kill the move as a defense against focus fire/CC chains that the Revenant tends to be very weak to.

Rev can take the Retribution line for Stab on Dodge and it’s a good line that makes you feel rather tanky, but you do need to use dodges very often to maintain the Stab(Herald can easily give you perma Stab thought) and the Retribution line has like no damage or condi clears.
Outside of Retribution, the only Stab you can get is using Jalis’ Road which pulses 1s of Stab like 5 times so it’s not that great since it takes so long to take effect and then lasts basically nothing. I personally like to take Retribution/Corruption/Herald for a Condi build, but I do miss the Stun Break, Condi Cleanse, and 40% Crit Chance in Invocation :L

Oh, and a Necro corrupting your boons is pretty rough and Corruption + Mallyx will only go so far.

I’m just gonna rest my case and say that maybe right now Rev isn’t OP, but if you’re doing well against a spec like D/D Ele that is basically confirmed to be getting nerfed, it may be OP soon.

I am glad that at the least it’s a decent class. It would suck for it to be useless on launch. I would actually prefer slightly OP than totally UP.

Just an angry old man…

Herald is disgusting

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Don’t believe me.

They turn a bright blue

So this is the solution.
Dont
Attack

But don’t attack.
This way they dont heal.

No of course not.

I’m just gonna rest my case and say that maybe right now Rev isn’t OP, but if you’re doing well against a spec like D/D Ele that is basically confirmed to be getting nerfed, it may be OP soon.

It’s totally not because of good chill/Confusion application and tons of Boon Stripping, though >.>