Here's MMR Hell

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Idk if you realize but your real name irl is on the youtube thing might wanna remove that.

Also, props to posting a video of your actual gameplay, I hope you get some good feedback on how to improve and just ignore the trolls

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If your team can’t win a 1v2 you deserve to lose, don’t make it worse by making it a 1v3 or when your theif went 1v4 (@4:00), you should only help even fights (to finish fights faster) or when your teammate is in an uneven fight, this is just a fundamental thing to know.
didn’t feel like watching the rest as the other comments pretty much gave good advice.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yea I just finished, see my previous comment for all the big things I noticed.

Don’t take it the wrong way, but unless you really step up your game it looks like you belong in Sapphire. I really suggest checking out Twitch streams for Mesmers, Lord Helseth and Supcutie are the first ones that come to mind.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

going by timestamp

2:20 ) you, necro, and thief went far, engi and ranger went home. no fight on home at all, they just doublecapped #sapphire. the thief pretty much ran the enemy thief off the point, so you and the necro contributed nothing for the first 30 seconds of the game. you also wasted decoy in fear of a thief backstab, but he was at like 1 health when he disengaged, the chances of him coming back round to hit a condi mes with a thief and a neco around is low.

3:00 ) you drop some stuff, necro with low health from being dh’d decides to suicide into the dh for some reason. you and thief res him casually, sip your coffee on the ledge, and then drop some aoes. low health enemy thief decides to try and steal your coffee, gets downed, enemy team pays respects by following. you res your thief, dodge backwards, and decoy from the sheer sight of the enemy teams respects. 3 people on mid now vs a bunch of dead people, nobody leaves until their dead, necro goes far, thief caps, and follows you home.

4:00 ) you go home (with thief behind), where engi and ranger are 2v1ing (now 4v1ing) a cleric ele. you chase after the ele, the thief does as well. mid gets decapped. if only there was some way for a player to move vast distances instantaneously to prevent this. thief downs ele while you return to mid, where the engi is fighting a dh. you skill click f5 to moa him, and like 50% of moas on dh’s, it gets blocked. you walk over his fence to take damage just to spite him, then backwards dodge-decoy into another trap which dazes you. you move off point, use signet of illusions to refresh your shatters (but don’t even use f4 before doing so), use f3 immediently to… clear cripple or something, idk, potato quality. you phase retreat off the node.

5:00 ) you f1 3 clones onto the dead dh from off point to try and kill to save your teammate. you then decide to stomp, and then forget you have f4 and get knocked back. luckily he dies from bleeding out. you move around a bit, and then full health decoy because the thief passed you, only to reveal yourself a second later by shattering.

5:00 ) you decide the blue node is a stupid place to be (it is), and decide to guard the home ledge from the incoming threat. another coffee break, and then a half hearted attempt to save your ranger. you random dodge backwards, decide to go down the valley, and decoy to drop target. 3 of your team go far, so you follow. home gets decapped. ranger tries to get to home to stop the decap, fails. you win your 4v2 (and weaponswap for it finally)

6:50 ) guardian with horseblinders nearly loses his point. you random dodge beside him, f2, then decoy for no reason, interrupt him dropping a trap, then walk into his trap. your thief goes down from trap spam, you revive, engi shows up. far gets decapped, engi returns there. you leave mid, thief caps mid.

7:30 ) worlds most obvious moa everyone. it’s a good thing he lived before he died of embarassment. you win the 2v1 with the ele, in the meanwhile, your team zerged far while leaving mid open to be capped. ranger comes with you to mid, i think the thief’s there too at some point. you moa the guardian 3v1 and win. you move to far, where there’s a downed fight. you start off by confusing the downed thief, while your thief actually goes and kills the dh who is alive and was going to res/stomp. then you drop chaos storm once they’re not actually a threat anymore, and proceed to 3v2 the dead bodies off point.

9:30) you move to mid, which just finished capping red, and then random dodge back to home. thief is capping far. home is a 2v1 right now, ele/dh vs your ranger. you use f3 (to interrupt the celestial avatar skill i guess), but your clones get cleaved down from the trap. you cast shield 5 and rng blesses you on the return position. ele goes down, you cleave while ranger mashes on the dh. dh hits you with true shot, you decide to decoy and shatter instantly for some reason. he dies just as the thief comes to +1 a 2v1.

10:30 ) omega beast goes on a rampage

10:45 ) you blink to get to far faster, you probably could have used two phase retreats to get there just as fast without blowing the cd. thief comes too because why not 10 points to personal score. you decide to play cameraman for a couple seconds, in case enemies come from your own spawn. you then move to mid.

11:20 ) omega beast goes on a rampage with thief support. you shield 5 a dead guy, walk into a fence, and then f3 the dead guy. once your not stunned anymore, you decoy since it’s off cd, and then autoattack/shatter/etc while you 3v1 the dh on point. it goes 3v2 for a moment, but then it’s okay because the necro shows up so it’s 4v2. you leave to go check home, which the ranger is already doing, while your low health thief and engi go down on the point. thief dies, engi dies, necro gets focused, you phase off point, decoy, and use your heal skill for the first time i think? necro dies, you run to your gate and then cut to far.

12:30 ) a dh follows you while you decap it. you fight him while also checking what your skills do. you leave the point just as your engi comes to help you, and he backoffs just as you get to mid. during this time duke nukem won’t shut the kitten up about your lord, which your respawning team manages to deal with. your engi dies on far, while your team capitalizes on the enemy team being dead by taking everything. game over.

build wise, you never use scepter at all really. idk why you even have it. if you want to run it over sword, feel free, but at least switch weapons more than 4 times in a game.

signet of the ether is really really bad here. at least use ether feast, or well of eternity. it does nothing for you. the passive heal is subpar at best, and only seems to work for you because you aren’t in melee range, ever, which is sadly something you have to be if you want to use your shatters well. maybe scepter is allowing you to do that, i don’t really know, but for the most part you’re walking out of fights alive because you weren’t really in them.

just get rid of decoy. you never used it once for the stunbreak, and you spent most of your time using it to drop imaginary targets. the amount of times your team left points to be decapped, you might as well slot in portal, even if you hate it.

i’m too lazy to come up with anything else

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Thanks for feeedback so far. Bear in mind, I am playing more or less one handed. My left hand doesn’t work well.

This means some combos are not available. Yes, I do “dumb thumb” skills from time to time. I’m multitasking hard on my right hand and sometimes miss and/or continue with an intended button push when it is no longer needed or relevant.

Mesmerising Girl

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Ithilwen,

have you consider playing reaper ?

for myself,
playing reaper is much easier than player mesmer.

is your left hand able to control WASD properly and 12345 keys ?

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

My left hand does wasd and double tap dodge. Yes, I do in fact over click at times, causing a random dodge. More complex moves are going to take a lot of training time.

Mesmerising Girl

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Thanks for feeedback so far. Bear in mind, I am playing more or less one handed. My left hand doesn’t work well.

This means some combos are not available. Yes, I do “dumb thumb” skills from time to time. I’m multitasking hard on my right hand and sometimes miss and/or continue with an intended button push when it is no longer needed or relevant.

Hm, that with your hand is pretty bad, my condolences. Is it temporary or permanent? Are you in treatment for it? Playing one-handed definitly hamper your improvement heavily. Not that there can be done much. Matchmaking isnĀ“t the responsible though :/
What you propably CAN change are keybinds for easier and faster fighting, adjusting ingame options (get rid of that camera-shaking!!!) and training your brain. Improving your muscle-memory will enhance your decision speed for faster rotations. Even just repeating combos all the time on dummy-golems is ok (or running around and cancel animations with weapon-stow – I do it all the time out of boredom ^^ )

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

-snip-

slay em

hopefully OP stops complaining about MMR hell now

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

It’s permanent, a long story involving destroyed nerves and shattered bones. I click f5, frankly because I’m out of buttons on my gaming mouse.

12 buttons 1-10 are skills 11, f2 12,f3 Mouse rocker button forward f1 rocker button back weapon swap mouse wheel press f4. That leaves no more good options for f5. So yes, I click it manually..

This also explains my using keys to turn. sometimes I use key press turns while I’m reorienting my thumb and finding skill buttons.

So, yes, I’m generally slow on triggering skills. That’s why I missed the f4 distort on the dh stomp, just too slow. It also why I don’t do an about face and phase retreat to move faster. Decoy is also a source for a quick clone to fill out a shatter. You may have missed that.

I argued strongly for clone death Mesmer because it helped me.

I maintain that matchmaking ought to be matching me with players of similar skills.

Thanks for the feedback.. one has to expect harsh feedback on pvp.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

going by timestamp

i’m too lazy to come up with anything else

going to add because queue times are too kitten long for primetime jeez

clarification on signet heal: you have persistence of memory, mental defense, and chronophant. a successful double shield proc will give you two avengers and a defender, shattering will give the same (unless illusionary reversion overwrites it, hell if i know, you have a kittenload of stuff is my point), so you’ll have roughly 12s off your phant cd’s just from that. shield block will be at roughly ~6s or so there, and warlock just doesn’t have a cd after that. the reset from the heal will never be important except in dreamed up scenarios. it has a 35s cd, 5s longer then the well, 10s longer then ether feast. if the plan was “well, i have clones up anyway”, ether feast works just as well for a better heal. my opinion on the passive is clear. ether at least gets you a better burst heal on a shorter cd, well gives you a little less but also some team support, condi cleanse, and sustain.

condi mes is a lot more effective when you’re actually fighting inside the node. 1v1ing dh’s is a pain in the kitten , yes, and your match wasn’t exactly suited for anything else (vs 3 dh is asking for pain), but you can’t just sit on a ledge all day, and you already have a thief who likes +1ing fights. on that note, while you attack from off point/away from the fight in general, you mostly use that time to auto in staff, use confusing images, or summon staff clones to run in for you. this can work in teamfights for a little bit of pressure, but against a dh comp, those clones will be cleaved before they hit anything. the phantasms summoned by shield in melee range will hit unless blocked if your quick, guaranteed. if you need to get out, you have double f4, a condi cleanse on your heal or your cheap shatters, phase retreat, and shield block.

oh great gf aggro oh well

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Still haven’t heard from you, Chaith.

Mesmerising Girl

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Ithilwen,

do consider playing reaper ya, only one (1) F1 key, not 5 like chrono F1 F2 F3 F4 F5

not many combos like mesmer also.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Ithilwin, have you considered using a controller instead? Would you be able to use something like this with your left hand? Thumb would be on the joystick and also moves up to the D-pad, index finder is on the shoulder trigger and bumper, and the rest of your hand holds it.

Just trying to think of some way you can use your left hand as little as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Twelve-Button-Game-Controller-USB-GAMEPAD/dp/B00AEWTSWU

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Thank you, Deimos, I’ll look into Reaper. I had some success as an MM reaper.

@Salamander.2504 that’s a good suggestion, thank you. I’ll look into that.

Mesmerising Girl

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

It may amuse the posters here that I just came from a match in which I tried out an old school phantasm build. I was flamed and told that I was playing an “op bull…” class and “easy moad” (sic) by three daredevils. We won by a few points, though I died several times, trying to improve on pressure.

The daredevils it seems were annoyed that I dared to play a Mesmer in there presence and focused me.

Mesmerising Girl

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

It may amuse the posters here that I just came from a match in which I tried out an old school phantasm build. I was flamed and told that I was playing an “op bull…” class and “easy moad” (sic) by three daredevils. We won by a few points, though I died several times, trying to improve on pressure.

Keep it up! It’s really great you’re taking the advice to heart and beginning to implement it. Gl

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The daredevils it seems were annoyed that I dared to play a Mesmer in their presence and focused me.

You have a cute character ^_^

Anyway, Mesmer is just a perfect storm of annoying and hated mechanics rolled up into one:

-Moa form denying your class mechanics for 10 seconds

-Portal so slower, less mobile classes have that one weakness mitigated for fast convenient access to your node

-Big confusion and torment stacks, both conditions deal extra damage for being active.

-Stealth shatter bursts

-Cooldown resets.

So don’t take it personally if you get focused.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Engel.6029

Engel.6029

My left hand does wasd and double tap dodge. Yes, I do in fact over click at times, causing a random dodge. More complex moves are going to take a lot of training time.

I’d bind dodge to a key and disable double tap.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

if it is a Logitech mouse the third button can be used in combination with the other buttons to create new bindings. Also can use the left and right click buttons to run. just trying to think of ways to maximize the mileage you get out of the mouse.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

I also use a Razer Naga and it takes some practice. Some of my keybinds are the same with 11 being f1 and 12 being f2. I use the forward roller button as dodge because it’s easy to hit. Double tap is just going to make you waste endurance. Also disable the turning keys and set strafe to A and D. By disabling the turn keys you will force yourself to have to use your mouse for turning because keyboard turning will cost you dearly if you get turned away from the enemy. I then set f3-f5 as R,F,and C with G for stomps and rezzes. That lets me use E for weapon swap and Q for looking behind and X for weapon swap.

Besides that I agree with what others are saying about your lack of pressure. A lot of times you are just standing there doing nothing but watching your team fight. If you are in a fight always be doing something. Even if what you are doing is a bad decision it is still better than inactivity because it will train you to keep pressure up. Also, if you insist on having decoy take Portal over the signet because portal plays are what scare me about mesmers more than their damage.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Stumbled on this video on Youtube randomly, check it out I think it would help you a ton.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

Hey i Remember sapphire and how frustrating it was I was in T3 for so long but i changed up my routine, created a guild for sapphires/rubys and figured out a few of my strengths and strengthened my weaknesses along the way. Best thing to do is take some of these guys up on their offers and join a pvp guild. keep playing, eventually you’ll get out and get to ruby, each tier will be painful but easier than the last.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

You really need to do something about your camera control. It’s really jerky, especially vertical movement, and you seem to be spending more time looking at the grass growing than at the enemies you should be looking at because of it. I don’t know if it’s the rotational speed or your mouse acceleration or what, but changing some settings could definitely help. You could really benefit from having a key bound to ‘look behind’, as well as one for ‘about face’ which really helps with phase retreat.

You should probably look into rearranging your keybinds and maybe changing many of them to use modifier keys like shift. More keybinds and less clicking means your hand has more time for accurate camera control as well. I also noticed you weren’t making good use of tab targeting— rebind that if necessary, targeting is critical in this game for most professions, and being able to change targets immediately can make a huge difference in a teamfight.

Rotations: Multiple times that game you went to back up teammates that already outnumbered the enemy. Don’t do that. Seriously. 3v1s and 4v2s are a complete waste of your time. Instead you can either decap or pressure the third point (be wary of respawns and ready to get out though), or move into a better position to watch the movements of enemy respawns. By +2ing the enemy you’re only giving them free decaps on points you worked hard to get. Your build also seemed fairly slow outside of blink/phase retreat, so you should leave the +1s to faster builds when possible. You spent way too much time outside the points when you fought, when you could have been more effective closer in, taking more pressure off the rest of your team.

Consider bringing portal. It is a godsend in conquest, letting you effectively check multiple points at once, and giving you and your team an out if you need one. Check mesmer guides on it to learn how to use it properly in conquest if necessary.

I don’t play mesmer, so I can’t speak too much for profession-specific things. Your shatters did seem a little lackluster though. I think one of the big strengths of the current condi chrono is the auto resummon on phantasms after the first shatter, which can bring huge burst pressure if used correctly. You were also rarely near enough to hit anything with the PBAoE portion. Consider watching videos on burst rotation from top players and practice that.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Well done in sharing a video with the community Ithilwen. I think the other posters have pretty much said what needs to be said, on your gameplay. Like I said before, you really need to be like water. being able to flow and adapt to the situations throughout the game instantly.

I’d really like to stress the point, about Mesmer having some amazing mobility. You should really be using portal. Dropping a portal at mid is very effective, as you can then go cap/decap home/far and portal straight back to mid. You can even escort someone at the start to close, drop a portal, then portal them straight to mid after they cap it. These are two examples of it’s usefulness.

Also like previous posters have pointed out, staff 2 is another great way to move about.

I’m sorry to hear about your hand. That will be limiting how effectively you can play the Mesmer. The suggestion about playing Necro, might be a good idea. Just don’t go running in like Rambo, otherwise you’ll die quickly. I’ve seen people that play Necro, just running into team fights, dropping a few marks, going straight into Reaper form, then dying. They’re presumably using the Meta Reaper build.

If you choose to play Necro and play the Meta Reaper build, then keep in mind you’re supposed to deal damage from range, and use Reaper form to finish off opponents at low health.

But congratulations on taking steps to improving your gameplay and listening to feedback. This is the Ithilwen we all wanted to see on the forums!

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

If your team can’t win a 1v2 you deserve to lose

And how do you think a single person can win matchups like that? Right, no one can’t. That’s why the whole MMR situation is that broken.

My first matches today were a “Champions Dusk” were I was on my ele guarding our npc to gate and a thief and guardian following me. My two mates (a thief and a guard) left me half way and ran to attack a necro picking up supplies.
At the enemy gate I stood against two mesmers and a thief and got killed with all my npc, while my two team mates were still chasing that necro around. I asked two times for support in /t and the ones who supported me were the two guys defending our base. We made it into lords room about 1-2 minutes before the other team – with the difference that they all came back to defend their lord and wiped us. The thief went afk because “my team is stupid, lol” and the guardian ran solo into the enemy lord, while two of them killed our lord while we trying to respawn.

That’s the problem with the actual mmr. You have players on your or the enemy team that don’t belong there. They got to ruby by getting carried through sapphire by groups or by the class they play. And the system obviously thinks “Hey, you won 5 games in a row, you should easily carry those 4 players having lost 5 games in a row”. And that’s not how pvp works. If you are a normal skilled player, you can win matches against five normal skilled players, when your team isn’t stupid and at least knows what to do, but you will never win a match when your team has the wrong build, hasn’t done pvp before and the opposing team is good.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Honestly based on the video I would be offended if she would be able to reach Diamond or even Legendary. Propably shouldn’t be in Ruby either but sadly due to no tier loss she will be at some point.

No reason to attack her personally though and I hope she can imrpove by learning keybinds.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

She is trying at least and not letting her handicap stop her playing. It’s a shame that some people have resorted to sending her nasty messages. A lot of people on the forums have been very helpful and given her constructive feedback on how to improve though.

I guess competitive activities just bring out a lot anger in people. Not to mention the anonymity of the Internet.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

There is alot which you can improve that will result in you getting out of sapphire.These are the things I noticed gameplay wise:

- Phase retreat, you use it for the clone with no regard for where you end up positioning yourself, leaving you with no way to really pressure the opponent. Atleast combine it with chaos storm if you use it offensively. But also learn the blink/phase retreat spots by watching supcuties ( or was it helseth) video for defensive plays, it can really save you from pressure.

- Defensively you are to slow to react and often waste key skills, fight at far with the guardian was a good example where you should have blinked or phase retreated upon the ledge after he swapped to GS. In general when getting real pressured on mesmer immediately use blink/phase retreat/shield block/distortion/evade. Instead you use them when you are in no real danger, example: you use decoy at the start for no real reason and at the end you use the block for some guardian auto attacks ( which you do not even block).

- Little offensive pressure, no moas on the enemy ele, offensively you just sit on a ledge using scepter or staff auto. No use of mesmer safe or blink stomps, no securing of stomps or resses with shield 5/F3. Just get in the frontline, you absolutely need to use you’re shield block which can result in three phantasms, which you can shatter twice ( F1,F2) in that order. Ya wanna spam avengers and F1/F2 as much as you can for all the cooldown reductions.

- Camera movement, look at places where you expect enemies to be. You also are very slow to decide what you are gonna do.

My tip to improve, compare you’re plays with some twitcher ( phantaram/Helseth) side by side. You will see you’re gameplay is slow ( just go for it, don’t overthink) and during the match you have very little impact offensively.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: eva lin mcdowl.3978

eva lin mcdowl.3978

I just watched the video and everyone else basically covered what you need to do to improve. I too at the start of this season thought i was above average and i was actually below. I received lots of advice on how to play my guardian which i was using as my main. I desperately didn’t want to change anything, but i did listen. I changed my weapons and my build. It took a few days but I noticed a massive amount of improvement. But it doesn’t end there! I immediately recognized that the new build/weps i was using would be outclassed later in more advanced matches. So instead of getting use to them i would learn skills i should have learned long ago, change up weapons and your build based on who your fighting and their classes. Never get comfortable with what your using and utilize everything you bring. After playing this season which was so frustrating to start with, I now have a new appreciation for pvp as well as the new skill sets i’ll be bringing back to pve.
Yes I was heavily criticized for the ‘1’ build i used and the wep set i brought. But i didnt take offense. If you do these things i promise you you’ll improve.

But as of now and seeing how you play i could take u down in 2 shots with my guard and there would be nothing you could do to stop me. Any other class i played would be just as easy. Infact i would target you for the fun of it. How you got to sapphire on your current set of skills is shocking to me. With what you bring to pvp your current division is above your skill set. Again though dont be offended by this, learn from what I as well as everyone else is saying. Infact id recommend watching those videos on mesmers playing in league.
Currently from what im seeing youd be a guaranteed kill for me in seconds. But if you change your build up and take the advice given you’ll be a formidable player. Infact I usually avoid mesmers with my meditrapper Guardian just because they can counter almost everything i throw at them.
Take a few days and change things up. Then make another video and lets reduce the list of issues found. This truly is the best place for you right now to improve. I’ll definitely follow your posts and provide advice.
The only thing I have for you right now is to stop playing mesmer all together, especially with the condition of your hand. Avoid using elementalist as well too many keys. Instead try MM reaper, way easier and easier on your left hand. Its way easy to learn in a day.
i’ll be watching Good luck mate!

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

Ithilwin, have you considered using a controller instead? Would you be able to use something like this with your left hand? Thumb would be on the joystick and also moves up to the D-pad, index finder is on the shoulder trigger and bumper, and the rest of your hand holds it.

Just trying to think of some way you can use your left hand as little as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Twelve-Button-Game-Controller-USB-GAMEPAD/dp/B00AEWTSWU

Or use one of these. I would definitely recommend it (and you can get them cheaper on a well known auction site).

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Tartarus-Chroma-Expert-Gaming/dp/B00ZTRW00C/ref=sr_1_13?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1459418765&sr=1-13&keywords=razer+keyboard

If you have all your skills bound to the Naga. And use the wheel button for dodging and targeting then you only really need to move and use the F1-5 buttons in game. This makes that pretty easy and you can keybind your utility stuff (map inventory etc) too for PvE play.

GJ for sharing Ithilwen.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Watched your video. Im just gonna be very short and blunt. Work on rotation. Very often you rotated so you were fighting 3vs1, that means your team is undermanned in another place. Since you have problems with your hand/arm im not gonna mention how you can change your skilluse. What i normally tell my buddies who are new to pvp, aim to be equal numbers on every node from each team. In reality its not as simple as that but to newbies it will go a long way. Play reaper, thats a easier class. Also, no you arent in mmr hell

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Basically playing one handed sucks, real life and all, I have my own disability. But yea, playing one handed means you aren’t going very far in the divisions with how it is currently set up. Up to anet if they want to keep it that way or not. But currently, I’m surprised you made it out of emerald. No offense.

Advice:

1. try a slower class like reaper. Its not really easier like most people claim (a good reaper is miles a part from a bad) but its easier in terms of APM (actions per minute and clicking.) Tempest maybe as well… (they can be medium APM, but you can also be very team effective by not casting all that much and only casting the important heals and OLs at the right time, I should know I played a bad tempest in diamond for the achieves and won most games)

2. mix in unranked for practice as well as (usually) more even matches so you don’t get so stressed

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: babayum.1895

babayum.1895

So… this is the usual matchmaking I get…

you have recieved 200k damage and dealt 30k in that match on a reaper…

but of course your team is at fault here.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Kirito.2153

Kirito.2153

2:20 you dont need 2ppl for capping one point. as a mesmer your best weapon is portal. if dont take portal,you are useless mostly because if you have a portal, you could assist your teammates fast, decap others points/force one of them to sit on point until the portal expires which will give you a chance to 5v4 on other points.

4:05 you should assist far instead of home since its 2v1 at home already before you arrive.pay more attention to the mini map
5:30,since one of your enemey is killed, they are outnumbered.you could leave a portal at mid, decap far,then portal back to assist again. or just go far to decap and jump into 1v1 if you are confidence with your skills. leave a portal there and leave if you think you gonna lose or outnumbered. in this case you should be able to hold one person sits in far until the portal expires.if not ,you can portal far again,decap,then portal back to assist your teammates.

I couldnt finish watch the whole video. but here are some extra tips.
1.work on your skills rotation ,it is really bad
2.rotation needs to be improved.
3.never sits on a point and do nothing
4. a late assist is worse than do nothing
5.dont cap,just decap,if you are not going to defend it
6.life is more important than points, so if you think the fight is going to loss, just run away and wait for regroup, dont get yourself killed.
7.plz pick portal instead of decoy, it may take you sometime to get used to but it is absolutely better.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

So… this is the usual matchmaking I get…

you have recieved 200k damage and dealt 30k in that match on a reaper…

but of course your team is at fault here.

This actually made me laugh. I don’t think I could get 30K damage if I tried. What happened did he only use retaliation for damage?

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Kirito.2153

Kirito.2153

2:20 you dont need 2ppl for capping one point. as a mesmer your best weapon is portal. if dont take portal,you are useless mostly because if you have a portal, you could assist your teammates fast, decap others points/force one of them to sit on point until the portal expires which will give you a chance to 5v4 on other points.

4:05 you should assist far instead of home since its 2v1 at home already before you arrive.pay more attention to the mini map
5:30,since one of your enemey is killed, they are outnumbered.you could leave a portal at mid, decap far,then portal back to assist again. or just go far to decap and jump into 1v1 if you are confidence with your skills. leave a portal there and leave if you think you gonna lose or outnumbered. in this case you should be able to hold one person sits in far until the portal expires.if not ,you can portal far again,decap,then portal back to assist your teammates.

I couldnt finish watch the whole video. but here are some extra tips.
1.work on your skills rotation ,it is really bad
2.rotation needs to be improved.
3.never sits on a point and do nothing
4. a late assist is worse than do nothing
5.dont cap,just decap,if you are not going to defend it
6.life is more important than points, so if you think the fight is going to loss, just run away and wait for regroup, dont get yourself killed.
7.plz pick portal instead of decoy, it may take you sometime to get used to but it is absolutely better.

i didnt notice your got problems with your left hand. sorry for that. just ignore the tip no.1 coz mesmer is a class that requires multy tasking. you can never play it well with one hand. try out ranger(druid)/necro(reaper). i strongly recommand these 2 classes especially ranger.

Here's MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

It’s amazing how this thread is still relevant.

HoD
Lyyneheim