Holy kitten trinity.

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

nicknamenick.2437

5 Longbow – this is the most suitable skill for example.
Thief – Death blossom – 5k+ spamable AOE condition damage.
Ranger – Throw Torch 4.5k+
Necromancer – Mark of Blood – 4k AOE
etk

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Did a few quick tests just now.
Turns out I was wrong.
But it turns out you were wrong too.
DS is, unmodified, 100% our base HP.
Method of testing: Chieftain Utahein has a pretty consistent damage output, his main attack hits me for between 2100 and 2500 damage. After six tests, two of which were disregarded because they ended with a Kick or a crit, I tallied up the damage and the time required to do it in order to add the 4%/s degeneration ticks.
The base 80 necromancer in naked armor and no amulet has 18372 health and 1836 armor. Damage required to throw me out of DS was 18512 at the lowest end, 19124 at the highest. Since neither of those is close to the number 22046, as expected for a 120% HP-to-DS ratio, or 11023 expected for 60% or 120-with-double-damage, nor did the combat log or death tally indicate double damage taken, I can only conclude that the base DS with no traits is 100% our HP.

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

The Boz.2038

nicknamenick.2437

etk

Where THE HELL are you getting those numbers from!? Mark of Blood doesn’t get close to 4k damage, even in a rabid/undead/corruption-maxed-out build with 25 stacks of might.

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

nicknamenick.2437

etk

Where THE HELL are you getting those numbers from!? Mark of Blood doesn’t get close to 4k damage, even in a rabid/undead/corruption-maxed-out build with 25 stacks of might.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQFAGmAgeAAAAEpgYAoUAAAA-TgAAzCpIKS9l7LTRyvsfB
With other rune and 5 might – 5k easy
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQFAWiQ6JAoHAAAARKIGAKFAAAA-TkAAzCpImRBjDGzMSfs+MCA

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Condi Warrior doesn’t work in tPvP mi amor. Atleast, not at a high level.

Glass condi warrior does not work. Glass necro works. Glass engi works. But glass condi warrior does not work.

Full tank warrior with supplemental condition damage works; it’s just not popular yet.

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Hawatak.8049

Hawatak.8049

Glass condi warrior does not work. Glass necro works. Glass engi works. But glass condi warrior does not work.

Full tank warrior with supplemental condition damage works; it’s just not popular yet.

Glass condi doesn’t exists, they all have defense (toughness, vitality, healing power, or even 2 of these stats).

And the fact that such defensives specs deal the same amount of damages than Glasscanon power builds with same or higher burst is a problem.

Sangoria

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

But that’s the inherent problem with the class.

A tank warrior can’t replace a bunker (Guardian or Ranger), yet it’s DPS isn’t exactly comparable to a glassy Condi version of another class.

You essentially choose to bring a non-bunker, non-pure DPS class when you can easily choose a class that does better in the same niche.

I don’t think a full tank Warrior will ever be popular in this game (at least how the game functions right now). Damage against you has to much Spike, Bunker CD’s are to long to be used over a long duration fight.

Just look at Spirit Rangers. Our ranger is a bunker, yet I’ve seen him do 11k spike ontop of passively applying Condis.

To think that a tanky Condi warrior works in the current status of this game (not even the meta) is equivalent to walking into a door over and over expecting it to open.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

The Boz.2038

nicknamenick.2437

etk

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQFAGmAgeAAAAEpgYAoUAAAA-TgAAzCpIKS9l7LTRyvsfB
With other rune and 5 might – 5k easy
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQFAWiQ6JAoHAAAARKIGAKFAAAA-TkAAzCpImRBjDGzMSfs+MCA

Yeah, sure, go ahead, stack those durations and don’t take enfeebling shroud.
Lol.
Maybe I should, from now on, preface all my comments with “in a realistically viable build that one may actually encounter”.

Holy kitten trinity.

in PvP

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

To quote myself, _And no, I didnt read your full post,

Your not reading well thought out and truthful answers. Your just raging at others.

The AoE condi, isn’t exactly fun meta no.

Your burning 6k over 10sec with bleeds ontop… Can’t they stack up to 25 bleeds, and also put torments on given enough time with no counter?
Can’t a power warrior, 100blades hit for over 50k, if Vuln & might is fully stacked, and target is CC’ed, and the wind is in the right direction?

So, condi would be high average/constant damage, yet power have the burst spikes condi will never get close to?
Can’t condi dam be fully reset/nullified/removed. Where as power has to be blocked/somehow totally avoided?

Condi, particularly with AoE, is currently top PvP dam, isn’t it worst dam in PvE?

Sure the focus has gone heavy condi, it’d be nice to be watered down a bit, particularly aoe. Tho, isn’t it making support class’s in groups a lot more viable and loved?

I don’t think ANet went, dev’s here’s some $, make the game un-fun and un-ballanced with condi’s, dirty power users.