How do I report someone for refusing to play?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

“The coach of pro football club Manchester united puts a 90-year old gradma on the field by accident.”

1) stop casual dreaming about random chances of winning. She isnt gonna run 10 km.

You may play the game at button mash levels and all you know is the button mash levels where one side wins cz idk why rly and dont care about the game mechanics tbh.
Well , this isnt diceroll simulator, so no, the win wont randomly smile upon you. You need to earn it.

2) it is not the grandmas fault. It was an accident

3) it is not the other pro players, audience or anyone interested in actual footbals fault TO NOT WANT PARTICIPATE in such a game.

The OP is somewhere in middle of grandma and pro player, and he doesnt understand football tactics at all thus wondering – why his pro teammate lost motivation after seeing 3/5 grandmas ? I mean they can still have equal game right?

4) blame the coach/rng/offtime hour playerbase and end the misery. Forget and move on asap.

Again,
I dont blame 90y grandma for being slow.
I just dont want to play, tryhard or watch a game i thought/bought high level tickets/grinded my MMR to watch and play with grandma. 3/5 grandmas.
Same if grandma was on enemy side.
Blowout games are boring. Multicappers are litteral 4v5 – dont waste time on it.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

No the Necro needs to get a grip on reality. If he was decent he wouldn’t be teamed with people that send 4 home and can’t figure out what to do. He needs to stop expecting to be carried through his matches and l2p or make a 5 man team, or even better find a new game. But odds are he can’t get 4 other people to play with him.

Wouldn’t blame the Necro, in fact, I’d blame the 3 players who followed you home. Being that clueless, you deserved to be Akitten on. The necro did you and those 3 players a HUGE favor by ending that game quicker.

From the necros perspective:

-an ele who instead teamfight support goes 1v1 home.
-If hes not support build the current FA builds arent very good, id say hes worth half to 0.75 of a real player.
- 2x poeple follow the ele home, even tho he wrote and triple cap with him

Result:
The necro sees a 2v5 and afks.
What a kitten.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Can we get the name of that Necromancer? I think he deserves a youtube biography on how morally upstanding of a Guild Wars 2 player he is.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Meh just head home with the rest of them and see if the other team will give you a 5v5. Score will still end the game fast and you’re close to spawn.

If those players were new they’ll prob start catching on in a few games.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I think the best way to report someone who goes afk is for botting. That is what Anet have said to do until they add a specific option for afking as far as I know. To be honest I don’t understand why people would go afk anyway- why even queue if you don’t want to play? Yes I understand that 90% of the time when you are 100 points down you are going to lose the game but if you do make that comeback it feels amazing. I really don’t understand how a player can tell if their team is bad or not- maybe the other team is very good. The only way I can tell if my team is good is if I recognise players from the pro league on my team. When I lose I blame nobody but myself for making all the mistakes I inevitably would have made and to be honest, I think that is the best way to think when playing pvp.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I just wanted to pipe up and say that I’m absolutely with Razor on this. I wish I had more than a single +1 to give to your posts, Razor. I think it’s appalling manners to afk a match. I know it’s frustrating to be paired up with people who don’t seem to understand how PvP works, particularly in ranked matches, but if a quick whisper or team chat can get the match back on track, wouldn’t it behoove everyone to at least make the attempt at winning? I see it as an opportunity to improve my own skills, if nothing else.

Do you honestly believe that after the initial time lost by making the mistake added up to the time it takes for you to whisper them and explain and for them to read you can still recover as a team? That’s funny.

Also – what if they don’t accept what you’ve written and ignore you?

Also – you can’t improve skills if you’re stuck in a 3 v 1.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Those of you sympathizing with the necro on this one are the single largest reason pvp in this game has done poorly. You are a toxic part of the community who would rather have a game filled with self-centered, inconsiderate tryhards than give less experienced players a break. Aside from perhaps crippling technical difficulties or other outside interruptions, there are almost no acceptable reasons to afk at the start of a match.

If you have a problem with the people you’re queued with by the game, find a team of like-minded people and party with them. Don’t clog solo-q with your gigantic egos.

You are mistaken friend – as someone well pointed out there are much more toxic communities with games that are flourishing as PvP mediums.

Look at LoL, look at DoTA 2, look at Call of Duty – all of them are huge pvp success stories with some of the most toxic communities out there.

The toxicity of Dota and LoL communities at least is legendary – and yet they thrive as PvP mediums with huge communities that keep growing.
Why? Because they are well designed, well balanced games that have solid gameplay.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in PvP

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

“The coach of pro football club Manchester united puts a 90-year old gradma on the field by accident.”

1) stop casual dreaming about random chances of winning. She isnt gonna run 10 km.

You may play the game at button mash levels and all you know is the button mash levels where one side wins cz idk why rly and dont care about the game mechanics tbh.
Well , this isnt diceroll simulator, so no, the win wont randomly smile upon you. You need to earn it.

2) it is not the grandmas fault. It was an accident

3) it is not the other pro players, audience or anyone interested in actual footbals fault TO NOT WANT PARTICIPATE in such a game.

The OP is somewhere in middle of grandma and pro player, and he doesnt understand football tactics at all thus wondering – why his pro teammate lost motivation after seeing 3/5 grandmas ? I mean they can still have equal game right?

4) blame the coach/rng/offtime hour playerbase and end the misery. Forget and move on asap.

Again,
I dont blame 90y grandma for being slow.
I just dont want to play, tryhard or watch a game i thought/bought high level tickets/grinded my MMR to watch and play with grandma. 3/5 grandmas.
Same if grandma was on enemy side.
Blowout games are boring. Multicappers are litteral 4v5 – dont waste time on it.

Very well said. People can say it’s his fault and he should still try, but in the end it would only prolong his misery.

Also, having low MMR doesn’t always mean you’re an idiot. I’m a very bad player mechanically so I’ll never have a high MMR, but I’ve played enough to understand basic tactics so it really pains me when I have teams like this, and I would’ve done exactly what he did in this situation.

In fact, I was in a very similar situation just a few days ago, I closed the game and waited for the dishonor to go away.

Attachments:

(edited by eXeD.9738)

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Can OP please reveal the name of this unnamed hero?

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

TBH, the 3 who went home are probably bad players.. BUT… theres only one thing worst than a bad player…. and thats a quitter….. I cant support an AFKer in any game…. thats a worst call than a bad rotation….

I have no respect for AFKrs even if their team is horrible.

You guys seem to miss the point here… There is only one way of learning…. and its by practice… AFKing a match is just a wasted opportunity to practice how to adapt to challenging situations. And you will need to learn how to deal with those situations if you want to get pass Diamond.

Again…. I have no respect for AFKrs…. nothing justifies it.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I have to say this is just silly. I see so many necro’s give up and rage. Maybe because they are so reliant on team support they get more frustrated with bad play. However, these players that rushed home are likely noobs, and you have to wonder why you are in their division. I try my hardest every day, up until the end. I’ve won so many games that turned around and lost games in the same way, when my team that seemed invincible up to that point is suddenly get outrotated hard.

Giving up should be a bannable offense with enough complaints. It’s such a waste of a game to not try and have fun during it. Why bother queuing if you’ll only fight in games you can win, this isn’t real life, there is no consequence for losing, you only get better with every loss. Grow up afk pvpers.

As for comments of giving up with 2 thieves and 2 warriors. You sir lack forward cognitive skills. The winner of a team is decided by how good the players are, team composition is important, but if the skill is far enough, and the team plays together well enough, you can easily overcome poor team composition.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: eXeD.9738

eXeD.9738

There is only one way of learning…. and its by practice…

There are certain things that don’t require practice, this is one of them. Worst of all is that it could be avoided if people read the chat and listened to other players, they choose to ignore what others say because logic be kitten ed.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

TBH, the 3 who went home are probably bad players.. BUT… theres only one thing worst than a bad player…. and thats a quitter….. I cant support an AFKer in any game…. thats a worst call than a bad rotation….

I have no respect for AFKrs even if their team is horrible.

You guys seem to miss the point here… There is only one way of learning…. and its by practice… AFKing a match is just a wasted opportunity to practice how to adapt to challenging situations. And you will need to learn how to deal with those situations if you want to get pass Diamond.

Again…. I have no respect for AFKrs…. nothing justifies it.

The magical world of pvp

-where bad players expect the others to carry them making it a 4v5 situation – no issue

- but when the better player refuses to carrry bad player complains about better player creating a 4v5 – suddenly better player is on the level rivaling that of a dictator

#GW2Lyfe

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: ShadowHunter.5173

ShadowHunter.5173

What if the enemy team was so bad this necro could 1v5 them? Do they deserve to win? Wouldn’t he screw up MMR even more promoting 5 low life’s rather than 3?
You should always try to win, if you can carry and win a 1v3 the enemy doesn’t deserve the win just as much as your team doesn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Losing a game at 400 is way more rewarding for your MMR than losing a game at 20 points.

It’s directly proportional to your opponent team. If they are lower than average MMR, you can get a big drop of MMR for that.

It’s why all competitive players will still try to lose the match with big numbers no matter what.

Working his MMR is hard, take time and dedication. If anyone is AFKing, those same guys will speak of MMR hell in a week or two.

We really need to get a report feature for AFK, for the instance we do report for botting.

We really need to get people with high dishonor stack to play with themselves, even if they have 10 minutes queue time.

Punishing the player bases for TROLLS that can’t play a match because a bad start, is BAD.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I have to say this is just silly. I see so many necro’s give up and rage. Maybe because they are so reliant on team support they get more frustrated with bad play. However, these players that rushed home are likely noobs, and you have to wonder why you are in their division. I try my hardest every day, up until the end. I’ve won so many games that turned around and lost games in the same way, when my team that seemed invincible up to that point is suddenly get outrotated hard.

Giving up should be a bannable offense with enough complaints. It’s such a waste of a game to not try and have fun during it. Why bother queuing if you’ll only fight in games you can win, this isn’t real life, there is no consequence for losing, you only get better with every loss. Grow up afk pvpers.

As for comments of giving up with 2 thieves and 2 warriors. You sir lack forward cognitive skills. The winner of a team is decided by how good the players are, team composition is important, but if the skill is far enough, and the team plays together well enough, you can easily overcome poor team composition.

LMAO. I think I was one of the thieves in that match in your pic. Or at least another 3 thief team with very similar chat and outcome.

@OP What I do when others follow me to home is just keep running to mid, or if it’s an outnumbered fight, go far. I play thief though, so I try to manipulate rotations if I have a bad team.

There are 3 possible scenarios at play in his situation, none f which, imo, deserve an afk.

1. This is unranked, and the average MMR of the teams is somewhat balanced. If there are noobs on the necros team, there are likely noobs on the other team. Test out the opposing team to see. Also, if you are an above average player and play unranked, expect to be teamed with lower than average players.

2. This is ranked, and he is teamed with people of similar MMR. He deserves the team he got, most likely. Buck up.

3. They are brand new players and have an average MMR, and they shouldn’t be in that match. Less likely since MMR is volatile at first, and doesn’t stay average for long unless it should be there. The necro still should at least start playing the match to see what happens after that.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

I always play to the end. If nothing else it’s practice and will help me become better. However, I don’t blame the necro. It can be very frustrating when you are teamed with people who don’t know or don’t care about the basic strategies of the game. It’s hard enough to compensate for 1 player who doesn’t know what they’re doing, but 3 people?

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I always play to the end. If nothing else it’s practice and will help me become better. However, I don’t blame the necro. It can be very frustrating when you are teamed with people who don’t know or don’t care about the basic strategies of the game. It’s hard enough to compensate for 1 player who doesn’t know what they’re doing, but 3 people?

From everything gathered in this topic I’d say it’s closer to 3.5 .

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Yes. I really do believe what I said, and that you should not quit out of a game for anything other than life interfering. I’ve seen games turn around, depending on the map, in the last two minutes of the match. Teams overcoming massive deficits because one person stopped to point out strategies. It won’t always work, but it certainly feels better than having a tantrum, and that’s what you’re doing by ragequitting.

Could ANET PLEASE comment on this matter, now? If it’s not an actionable offense, I’d just as soon stop expending effort on this topic. It seems to me like the community is fairly divided on this, and nobody is changing anybody’s mind, at this point.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.1469

Shadow Dragon.1469

That’s the sign of a person who’s tired of being required to carry bad teams. The fact 4 of you went home is what should be reported.

I feel bad for that necro player

lol and ya sorry anet doesnt care

playing with ALL classes keeps it fun that’s how i do it

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Yes. I really do believe what I said, and that you should not quit out of a game for anything other than life interfering. I’ve seen games turn around, depending on the map, in the last two minutes of the match. Teams overcoming massive deficits because one person stopped to point out strategies. It won’t always work, but it certainly feels better than having a tantrum, and that’s what you’re doing by ragequitting.

Could ANET PLEASE comment on this matter, now? If it’s not an actionable offense, I’d just as soon stop expending effort on this topic. It seems to me like the community is fairly divided on this, and nobody is changing anybody’s mind, at this point.

I’ve done the strategy explaining quite a few times, bit after a certain threshold it gets tiring. I usually stop playing before it though.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

This thread has been found to have gone off topic by moderation and will now be locked. Thank you!