How do you win against Eles and Mesmers?

in PvP

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

So, i did not know that you could die in 2 hits from an Elementalist and Mesmer. Even with 3.5k toughness or 25k vitality, you still die INSANELY quick against those classes/professions.

How do i survive against those two professions?

I’m very new to PvP, and it’s kinda hard to try to play more when you can’t even land a hit in someone because you die so fast. I’m playing as a Ranger and Guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

http://youtu.be/2vgYoBVnXC8

tap dat mouse has got you covered. it’s gonna take quite a bit of practice, but you will improve and it’s gonna feel so good dude.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

3.5k toughness 25k health.... If you have no offensive pressure they will just go full offensive and you’ll die anyway.

Mesmer:
- Squishy
- Weak to conditions
- GS auto hits less at melee range, but they tend to shatter more in melee range
- Pewpew ranger has more range
- Condition ranger has face-roll easy-mode condi pressure
- Learn to track the real mesmer, dodge important stuff like mirror blade and shatters, dodge phantasm skills

Elementalist:
- Squishy without protection
- Weak to conditions after leaving water attunement
- Main source of damage is burning
- Pewpew ranger saves burst until their protection times out
- Condition ranger applies chill and other conditions after the elementalist leaves water attunement
- Vs. D/D Ele: Learn to dodge earth quake, burning speed, ride the lightning, churning earth (if they actually use it), avoid as much burning as you can
- Vs. Scepter Ele: Learn to dodge phoenix, comet, arcane blast, anticipate air attunement, and avoid dragon’s tooth
- Vs. */Focus Ele: Stop your pewpew when they use magnetic wave to avoid getting it reflected, and don’t waste skills when they are inside swirling winds
- Vs. Staff Ele: Don’t stay in the red circles

Edited for different ele weapon sets.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

(edited by Impact.2780)

in PvP

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

My main problem with mesmers are the clones, like, i really can’t see where the real one is, it’s so confusing.

Against eles the main problem is, i die almost instantly when they see me.

in PvP

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Eles: grab any other op meta build or wair for the changes in the trait system that will nerf ele to the ground.

Mesmer: rerol and be a thief

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

My main problem with mesmers are the clones, like, i really can’t see where the real one is, it’s so confusing.

You just need experience to keep track, I recommend getting a mesmer friend to spar against. With a little practice you’ll be able to find the real one almost instantly due to the movement differences and animations.

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

The real mesmer is the one that:
- Is not transparent
- Comes out of stealth
- Strafes
- Dodges
- Has signets (if the mesmer is using signets)
- Has stacks of bloodlust/perception etc. (if the mesmer is using stacking sigils)
- Has the most boons
- Hits harder

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

- Is not transparent
- Comes out of stealth
- Strafes
- Dodges
- Has stacks of bloodlust/perception etc. (if the mesmer is using stacking sigils)
- Has the most boons
- Hits harder

+has chaos armor

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

- Is not transparent
- Comes out of stealth
- Strafes
- Dodges
- Has the most boons
- Hits harder

+has chaos armor

+Has Mantra charges (if mantra is used)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Best bet is to duel those two classes.

You need to build certain reflexes that only really come with experience. You have to know what to expect and the signs of when a burst is coming, essentially “predict” what’s to come from your opponent. Theres a couple ways to do this.

• Count their dodges. A single dodge takes 10s to recharge (5 with Vigor and sometimes instant with sigils of energy). If they blow two dodges within 10s they’re likely open.
  • Watch how they react to your attacks. Don’t assume that your first, second, or third attack will hit them. You’ll have to work through a few defenses before anything lands.
  • Mesmers only have 2-3 forms of stealth for 3s every 30s. Which means most of the time the real Mesmer is visible. If they stealthed they probably snuck around behind you, whirl your camera around.
  • Duel. No getting around this, its the single most important and fastest way to gain experience against specific classes. Find a dueling room or send a request out in zone chat, plenty of people are more than willing to explain and play with ya.

As far as Mesmer go, send me a PM and I can point you in the direction for people to face and explain how to take on the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Don’t hesitate to use Call target on real mesmer, especially if you’re in 1v1 or 2v2. This huge red symbol above their heads makes it a lot easier to track their movement even when they blink and summon all the clones.

Mesmers are also squishy so if you maintain pressure on them it allows you to have initiative in fight.

Fighting against eles is always a marathon, in my opinion. Like, don’t engage eles 1v1 when they stand on a capped point – go help somwhere else (same advice goes for any bunkerish class tbh).

EU Aurora Glade

in PvP

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

small tip for when you play ranger vs mesmer. Put your pet on passive mode, use f1 to attack the real mesmer, after that it will always track and attack the real one. Makes it easy to spot the real mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Miri Fala.5813

Miri Fala.5813

A couple tips from a not-that-great mesmer for when you’re playing a guardian, in addition to what’s already been said:

• If clones or phantasms start running at you, you’re going to get shattered on. Pop a block or dodge or otherwise get out of the way. You can also try popping stability, since a standard shatter tactic is to send in a bunch of clones to daze and interrupt you (which will apply vulnerability to you and possibly damage as well), followed by another shatter for damage. Avoid the daze, avoid the vulnerability, and any subsequent damage shatter will hurt less (if it happens at all).
  • If you’re heavily dependent on boons, you’re going to have a harder time. A lot of mesmers can boon strip. If you really need your boons to be effective, it might be better to disengage.