How does ANet handle feedback?

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

So ANet guys often say that the forums don’t represent the whole playerbase.
Up to a certain point, that’s probably true.

However, I realy want some of the ANet guys to explain cleary how they get / weight the player feedback.

Dont come up with empty phrases like “Forums are important” etc.
Look at the pvp forum these days /weeks/months. Almost completely filled with complaints.

I rly would like to know, how ANet gathers the opinions of the players who don’t come to the forums.
Yes, not every player comes to the forums and ppl are more likly to complain in the forums as to only make a thread how great everything is.
But how do you guys measure what is “important”?
How many threads / ppl have to complain about sth in the forum until you consider it as important?

Don’t give me another describtion about what Allie does.
I’m pretty sure, Allie at least came up once with Pistolwhil, Decap Engi and Warriors.
But when the Devs answered, that they wont change them until the next patch, Allie should have slapped them into the face until they decided to do sth. about this.
At least this would have been the proper reaction according to the amount of complaints in the forums.

What’s the point of the forums if obviously every issue brought up by the community gets completly nullified by a Dev saying “Nah, we wont do this”.

Or just look at Ready Up. It is a LIVE STREAM. So why the hell can’t you make it more like Q&A style instead of “the 1h ANET show”.
When I think about it, Ready Up is exactly some kind of what is the communitycation problem in GW2.
Even though it is a live stream on twitch, nobody cares about the chat there. The only thing the community can do is watch the stream while the Devs show us, what their opinion is, how they wanna see GW2 pvp.
Player Feedback in GW2 is like voting in North Korea.
Technically you have the possibility to give feedback. Practically your feedback wont do anything…except of getting you killed.

GW2 Developement seems to work like “We appreciate your ideas, but watch, this is what we will do.”

I don’t even want a discussion in this thread.
All I want is, is sb with a red tag say “This is how we weight / handle Community feedback: …” and even more important, I want to know, how you handle the “not existing” feedback of all those players who don’t go to the forums, as obviously, their opinion seems very important to ANet.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

So ANet guys often say that the forums don’t represent the whole playerbase.

However, I realy want some of the ANet guys to explain cleary how they get / weight the player feedback.

Maybe this hasn’t been adequately explained before, but we do NOT disregard players and opinions on the forum, we just have to place forum feedback in the proper context.

Forum posts are far more likely to gravitate toward the extremes of love and hate because those players have the most incentive to speak out.

High skilled players are also over-represented on the forum, but represent a smaller part of the overall player base.

So, yes, we often have to base our decisions on what benefits more players, but truth isn’t determined by numbers. If you guys bring up a valid issue we aren’t going to just ignore it because only 1 person said it.

I rly would like to know, how ANet gathers the opinions of the players who don’t come to the forums.

Lots and lots and lots of metrics. We have a whole team dedicated to crunching numbers and deriving meaning from data.

We also have alphas that do lots of testing and we listen to their feedback. Maybe Josh can elaborate more on what they do.

The community team is also constantly taking the pulse of how our players feel. Allie is frequently bring up issues and representing the community in discussions that arise.

So why the hell can’t you make it more like Q&A style instead of “the 1h ANET show”.

Maybe you should start a thread about this? This might be something Josh and Allie can do for a future episode.

All I want is, is sb with a red tag say “This is how we weight / handle Community feedback: …” and even more important, I want to know, how you handle the “not existing” feedback of all those players who don’t go to the forums, as obviously, their opinion seems very important to ANet.

I’ve tried to answer this to the best of my understanding. I’m sure there is even more that I’m not aware of.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Just wanted a throw out a shout to Allie. She was just now laying the smack down regarding warriors being an issue.

#allieisourchampion

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Just wanted a throw out a shout to Allie. She was just now laying the smack down regarding warriors being an issue.

#allieisourchampion

Warrior is a well known issue
Have you guys talked about decap engineer? What are your thoughts?

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

#allieisourchampion

I’m so glad about this…. It is sad that everyone of my builds has to be almost solely constructed to counter warrior. I have to ALWAYs ensure I have poison otherwise my normal build can’t kill them (when playing guardian that is only mediocre dps, and has no natural access to poison). Warriors are hard to kill for most classes (Besides condi necros and thieves) and hit like trucks at the same time :-(

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

More smack is required. Toot sweet. If they need some evidence, Justin can get on a Zerker Mesmer and I’ll get on a bunker warrior and let his iZerker smack me while my passive regen heals that damage 100%.

Didn’t anyone watch Blu’s streams over the past 3+ months? Every week you’d watch Cheese Mode beat the other teams with double warrior comps. It was sickening.

Also, decap engie. Oh goodness is that bad. This morning I decided to try it. Never played engie before (well, played it for about an hour in PVE once). In one hour I was winning tPvP matches – carrying them.

The only thing that can stop a decap engie from winning matches is an act of God. Literally in my case – power went out this morning just as our team was about to win. All because I kept their near contested for 50% of the match.

…and I have no idea what half these buttons do still!

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

#allieisourchampion

Doesn’t matter if warrior is a well known issue. What we want is for it to be resolved, and if Allie is helping make that happen, it is a good thing.

in PvP

eleshazar.6902

#allieisourchampion

Doesn’t matter if warrior is a well known issue. What we want is for it to be resolved, and if Allie is helping make that happen, it is a good thing.

For real! That girl needs a raise!

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

#allieisourchampion

Hey Justin -

Wanna take a stroll over to the balance team guys and mention the following regarding Mesmers?

During the Ready-Up, they mentioned the new Mesmer GM, “Distruptors Sustainment – gain 1000 Healing Power when interrupting an enemy”. They then mentioned how that is a good opportunity to charge a Mantra to proc Restorative Mantras.

Linky to quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29k0AvnjvM&t=1h25m28s

However, what they may not realize is the healing on Restorative Mantras scales absolutely horribly. +1000 healing power will increase the heal by about 200hp, tops.

Restorative Mantras with 200 healing power: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQBRUjWIxJFAw5A (2640 hp).

Restorative Mantras with 1388 healing power: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQBRUjWIxpHAw5PH-TgAgzCmI6R1jrHTPyes9A (2878 hp)

Or should I make a separate thread? Do you think the developers would read it?

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

eleshazar.6902

#allieisourchampion

Hey Justin -

Wanna take a stroll over to the balance team guys and mention the following regarding Mesmers?

During the Ready-Up, they mentioned the new Mesmer GM, “Distruptors Sustainment – gain 1000 Healing Power when interrupting an enemy”. They then mentioned how that is a good opportunity to charge a Mantra to proc Restorative Mantras.

Linky to quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k29k0AvnjvM&t=1h25m28s

However, what they may not realize is the healing on Restorative Mantras scales absolutely horribly. +1000 healing power will increase the heal by about 200hp, tops.

Restorative Mantras with 200 healing power: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQBRUjWIxJFAw5A (2640 hp).

Restorative Mantras with 1388 healing power: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQBRUjWIxpHAw5PH-TgAgzCmI6R1jrHTPyes9A (2878 hp)

Or should I make a separate thread? Do you think the developers would read it?

Yeah when they mentioned that one I laughed so hard…. But then again, look at how bad the guardian and ranger ones were as well. sigh The eternal quest for good balance never ceases….

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Thanks for the Response.

I think, this:

Maybe this hasn’t been adequately explained before, but we do NOT disregard players and opinions on the forum, we just have to place forum feedback in the proper context.

is, what almost nobody observes.

You always say, that the feedback is important, however the times where I was like “oh look, they exactly did, what I hoped they would do” is very rare.
Not to mention, that even if YOU guys have some metrics to measure what players who don’t come to the forums want, the “common” forum user has not.
At least for me, I have no idea about what the somehow “mute” players who are not on the forums want, or how big they are in numbers.
In addition, as I also mentioned, nobody knows, how the weighting is between the “forum opinion” vs. “non-forum opinion”.

So everytime, it is mentioned that the forum is only a small group of ppl, it feels rly awkward, as you could basicly also say “God wants you to do XY”.
Maybe God exists, maybe not. I can’t prove that and ANet also doesn’t give us some kind of evidence.
So, everytime you say that the forum opinion is not the one of the majority of the players, you want us to believe you this, without any evidence.

I mean, please, explain to me, why you guys think that your developement decisions are right, when so many ppl are complaining about them?

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

If you guys bring up a valid issue we aren’t going to just ignore it because only 1 person said it

Not trying to sound rude or anything but the bolded part is pretty much false in my eyes and a lot of other players

Skyhammer has been a bane of many PvPers and nothing is even being seriously discussed.

There has been a broken class since release (ranger, mostly because its a broken mechanic pet)…. since release…. let that sink in…

Broken builds in sPvP for MONTHS and MONTHS.
at least 75% of the warriors I meet are hambow
75% necro MM
like 99% decap engies/PUmesmers/PW thieves

1.5 years of zerker meta. I don’t think a single soul in this forum or game asked for a 10% nerf to crit damage? Why? because it would literally changed nothing at all, period.
Everything remains the same PvE wise, you can complete everything in zerker just fine but its still faster than any other stat combo…(WvW/sPvP is a different animal, everyone has their reasons for different builds but a lot of power builds just got killed and now anet is pushing a condition meta which NO ONE was pushing for…)

You say you don’t ignore issues, which is probably true, but it is obvious to me where the priorities are…

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Hahaha thanks Justin. Yeah, we were talking about some balance stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

#allieisourchampion

warrior has been an issue for 6 months and you’ve done nothing,
lets not rave about a dev finally noticing it…

bringing up warriors in a thread about “how does anet handle feedback” was probably a bad idea, because over the past 6 months there have been HUNDREDS of threads regarding warriors and over the past 6 months you have not done anything to balance them.

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

#allieisourchampion

warrior has been an issue for 6 months and you’ve done nothing,
lets not rave about a dev finally noticing it…

bringing up warriors in a thread about “how does anet handle feedback” was probably a bad idea, because over the past 6 months there have been HUNDREDS of threads regarding warriors and over the past 6 months you have not done anything to balance them.

Took over half a year to get an 8% nerf to healing signet. lol.

honestly, I would like to know how anet rates themselves in terms of handling feedback?
We already know how majority of the community thinks so I think it would be interesting to see what anet thinks of themselves..

in PvP

Posted by: RusShiro.9241

RusShiro.9241

Healing sig…..(maniacal laughter) its the heal shouts thats the prob HA HA AH

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Im glad that this is happening. Personally the “rot” have been starting to get at me lately, but hopefully this new resurge on red posts on the sPvP forum is shedding(?) some hope into me.

Could you also bring up the issue of S/D and D/P thieves driving away damage dealers in sPvP? Specifically backstab and constant teleports. I can link you to this thread which exposes a lot of the points and can give some community feedback about it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/sPvP-Thieves-driving-away-damage-dealers

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I doubt feedback from the community has priority when I look at things like “Immobilize-Stacking”, “Skyhammer still in SoloQ”, “Dhuumfire”, “Diamond-Skin” or general “Powercreep”.

Things the community never asked for or sometimes even protested against and still ignored by A-Net.

To me it looks like the Designers want to create their own world and be creative in general, without cleaning the mess they’ve left. Since the dhuumfire patch the balance was and still is in a horrible state.
They had nearly 1 year to fix things. But instead we get more abilities and traits, which will cause even more issues. I don’t get the strategy behind this nor how the management can’t see such crucial faults.

Playing the nice guys in the forums and telling us everyday awesome things will come “soon” and it’s only the “tip of the iceberg”, won’t get you any further in the long run.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Attagirl! You go show them who’s the boss.

#hardworktowardsbalance

(December 2014 patch featuring “Healing signet: healing reduced by additional 2%”. #thepress)

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

The new amount of “Red posts” is nice.
The problem with those is, that there are so many thread already where you guys write stuff like “thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it” etc. but the fact that none of those things get change, it almosts feels like the gentle version of “Screw you, guys”.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

You write that in this forum you only get feedback from skilled players. In my opinion you should take care of this players. You have now the try of legends. Please take the opportunity and talk to the players.

I love sPvP but I have no clue. But I see a lot of high skill streams and the player discuss often the main issues. This kind of players have a better overview about every class as the causal players have. Trust them.

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

My honest beaf is only that all the proper feedback has been ignored and actually worked backwards in the past 1.5 year.

Lets take a look on what PvP players (many, many top players) have complained mostly about balance:

1) Thiefs being able to shut down other berserk builds – maybe not warriors at current state, but still being able to handle better then anyone out there. In no way, shape or form people were claiming “Thiefs are op! Nerf!”, they were just merely saying that their mechanic/gameplay gives them far to many tools and damage to remove all other berserk builds out there. And this was even back when backstab was the thing.

None of this was addressed, in fact, thiefs now have easier access to regen and teleports making them even a more deadly weapon against berserk builds.

2) Less passive, more active gameplay.

Needless to say that with the introduction/buff of spirit rangers, drumfire, healing signet this goes completely against what people asked for.

3) Lyssa needs to be addressed on low cd elites…

Still not addressed.

4) Less bunkering, create other viable mid bunker options…

So far after 2 or so years, only guardians are viable for this role.

5) Telegraphed strong skills in order to create viable ways/time to react to it.

Not addressed, in fact some buffed skills are uncountered (healing signet) and unpredictable (pin down, backstab, etc).

6) Remove screen clustering with to many AIs/effects.

Needless to say that MM necros were buffed, same with spirit rangers and phantasms mesmers.

7) Increase the # points for kills, so that teams focus more in what is fun about “PvP” which is defeating an opponent rather then sitting on a point rotating tanks.

Still not addressed. Infact the meta right now is 4 bunkers and a PW thief…….

The list could go on and i’m sure there far more experienced players to explain it better. But in resume all i see is Anet going backwards in good feedback.. which is reason why i’ve stopped playing.

(edited by saVdoom.2067)

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

I doubt feedback from the community has priority when I look at things like “Immobilize-Stacking”, “Skyhammer still in SoloQ”, “Dhuumfire”, “Diamond-Skin” or general “Powercreep”.

Things the community never asked for or sometimes even protested against and still ignored by A-Net.

To me it looks like the Designers want to create their own world and be creative in general, without cleaning the mess they’ve left. Since the dhuumfire patch the balance was and still is in a horrible state.
They had nearly 1 year to fix things. But instead we get more abilities and traits, which will cause even more issues. I don’t get the strategy behind this nor how the management can’t see such crucial faults.

Playing the nice guys in the forums and telling us everyday awesome things will come “soon” and it’s only the “tip of the iceberg”, won’t get you any further in the long run.

Agreed Empa. But things have reached new lows with this feature patch. No thief nerfs, no decap engi nerfs and warrior buffs (sigils will be a HUGE HUGE HUGE BUFF) have really hit feeling in the REAL community hard (in game).

I made a thread an hour after the sigil change was announced informing them how 4 on-swap sigils would make warrior an unkillable machine. Anet DO NOT take feedback into account because they haven’t made any adjustments based on this feedback. Despite the fact that even on the forums everyone can see how huge of a problem this will be.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Maybe they want keep the warrior and thief op because most player (and devs) playing warrior and thief. About the engi they do not care because it is in wvw and pve no Problem

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

#allieisourchampion

You guys seem to stumble upon every issue with or without our help… the problem has been, the problem has always been how you guys go about fixing them.

Slowly, badly and without any consideration for forum based input.
I mean, you guys listen, but only to overarching issues, which is nifty but worthless if you can’t manage to go about fixing them on your own.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Agreed Empa. But things have reached new lows with this feature patch. No thief nerfs, no decap engi nerfs and warrior buffs (sigils will be a HUGE HUGE HUGE BUFF) have really hit feeling in the REAL community hard (in game).

I made a thread an hour after the sigil change was announced informing them how 4 on-swap sigils would make warrior an unkillable machine. Anet DO NOT take feedback into account because they haven’t made any adjustments based on this feedback. Despite the fact that even on the forums everyone can see how huge of a problem this will be.

Honestly, I think PW thieves (hell, S/D and D/P too) with sigil of Fire+Sigil of Air are going to be a much bigger problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

Feedback will be looked into…

Kleiner K

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Honestly, I think PW thieves (hell, S/D and D/P too) with sigil of Fire+Sigil of Air are going to be a much bigger problem.

Or wait! Maybe Axe Warriors with the new sigil of intelligence! LOL :P

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

o how i miss Allie already

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

o how i miss Allie already

I agree with this. They never gave us a proper replacement…

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Honestly, I think ANet should grab up 8+ volunteers, one from each profession subforum, and then potentially one for each other relevant “general” subforum (sPvP, WvW, PvE), and assign them as community organizers for that one part of the game. It is impossible for their team to follow 8-11 forums with any kind of closeness, and it is very obvious that things get lost.

This also allows them a degree of separation, the people who are doing the organizing work are simply players who can “guarantee” more or less that feedback gets to the developers. They aren’t ANet employees, they don’t represent ANet in any way, and as such ANet doesn’t have to worry as much about censoring them, since they wouldn’t need to know anything special at all (it could very well be a one way street, "here is the summary of the discussions this week, see you next week).

As it is now, I see thread after thread in a profession subforum get amazing discussion, and then it is very obviously not seen by developers. It is made incredibly obvious in bug cases, where it has taken upwards of 4 months sometimes for the devs to even notice that there is an issue, let alone start working on fixing it. You have hundreds of thousands of combined hours of actual in game playtesting at your disposal if you actually used the forums and directed discussion. There is no way your team, regardless of how big they are, how dedicated they are, how passionate they are, can match the level of expertise and experience that the combined forums have. And while the forums certainly don’t represent the entire community, they do tend to represent the most knowledgeable, and certainly the most easily polled, portion of the community.

And seriously, there are plenty of people with no life who already waste hours a day on the forums, we’d happily volunteer to waste it more productively.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

#AllieforMrPresident

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

this idiots don’t care.

to stupid to balance 8 professions.
after this first part of this great mega good feature patches (pvp to pve patch)
i thought there will come more feature patches + more informations.

but i dont know what they are doing,
i really hope they work on a add on or something
because if not, it’s just a joke of zero support for this game, they let it just die slowly.

i agree also, since allie left there is zero dev answers in the forum.
i also don’t know what is going on with the ranger cdi, was it just time waste or a joke aswell?

for me this game is already dead after the legends tourny.
nothing to do anymore, no rewards, no balance, most of my team also stoped and its not even worth to look for a new team in this boring game atm.

the combat system is amazing even the best atm, but the rest is time waste in this game atm…

so hello smite, you can balance 50 professions and you have much game modes <3

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

#AllieforMrPresident

Duno whats the deal of caring if she leaves/left? She didnt do anything, nothing changed because of her. Like she had to present the problem with warriors, just shows how much anet cares about their game or what their players think. Plus she wasnt very dedicated to pvp, like noeone is at anet, it seems. Someone says few nice words to you and ppl starts to drool all over the place….. Well she did try to be helpfull, but thats what she was paid for, not that she cared… And how does anet handle feedback? It doesnt. First say they listen to the comunity so much, but in the end they do something completely different and out of touch (or dont do anything about it).

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

How they deal with feedback is best exemplified by Skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

How they deal with feedback is best exemplified by Skyhammer.

Here here!

#AllieforMrPresident

No, just no, that’s the person who claims it is alright to remove all pvp rewards from spvp for over a month just because in future there will be new system. Each time I’ve seen anything written on forum by her it kittened me off cuz I was mostly bs. Glad she’s gone

in PvP

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

Duno whats the deal of caring if she leaves/left? She didnt do anything, nothing changed because of her. Well she did try to be helpfull, but thats what she was paid for, not that she cared…

My deal with caring if she leaves/left is that she communicated with the general forum user to start. You saying she didn’t do anything is an abject lie. To say nothing changed because of her is also false. (read her interactions on the forums and check over the feature patch notes, then eat your words pls) Saying she didn’t care because she was paid is narrow-minded. Just because someone is paid to do something doesn’t remove care/concern. You want to slander her here, but it’s not appreciated. Allie was a great community asset and I consider her a personal friend.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Yea, Allie was good at making many believe Anet actually listens to feedback, especially to its forum manifestations (which was actually declared unrepresentative of the whole playerbase by her).
Her job was to pacify the angry and calm the upset – although she was mostly just a figurehead, she made the perfect dummy to tank all the forum wrath, and actually managed to inject some measure of patience in the forumz.
#pplgulliblebeyondbelief

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

#allieisourchampion

Yeah sure, wars are the only one true issue in gw2….. /facepalm.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Lots and lots and lots of metrics. We have a whole team dedicated to crunching numbers and deriving meaning from data.

[/quote]

I hate to be the negative Nancy here, but are these the same metrics and people who “crunch numbers” that came to the conclusion of the end result of Skyhammer being allowed to stay, and Capricorn being swept under the rug at a moments notice?

Personally, In my humble opinion, I believe that with such a long production time between patches for pvp as we all know, you knew that it would take longer to incorporate the water combat for such a large patch. And you didn’t have the resources to properly test the underwater combat, “not saying you have the proper resources to test any patch to begin with”. But it would take more time, and taking Capricorn out of the equation was a quick and simple small price to pay “budget wise” in order to get things rolling, if ever so slightly faster.

As for skyhammer, well, I personally cannot think of any logical situation as to why it has not been removed. I probably will never believe in your “number crunching” unless I see it for myself. But I’m pretty sure I speak for the entire community when I say that I would rather not play a terrible map, and play a smaller variety of better ones than the former. It comes down to quality not quantity.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

We also have alphas that do lots of testing and we listen to their feedback. Maybe Josh can elaborate more on what they do.

Oh my.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Oh my.

Its almost cute, isn’kitten I’m sure ANet has never had alpha players tell them that something was going to be insanely broken and then completely ignored them and implement it anyway (coughDhuumfirecough).

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Oh my.

Its almost cute, isn’kitten I’m sure ANet has never had alpha players tell them that something was going to be insanely broken and then completely ignored them and implement it anyway (coughDhuumfirecough).

They had. People from Alpha testing which were critical and negative got banned from it, that was the problem. And that’s what you see in this forum. A-Net had, has and will never admit they made any sort of mistake.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i think, here in the PvP section, anet does handle feedback quite well and very fluently. However outside of the PvP section, the lack of response, or even acknowledge of a topic being pointed out is mindboggingly poor. This may be because of several reasons, one being that the PvP team may be more dedicated and motivated then the other teams, or perhaps the other teams simply do not trust their designated subforum. Who knows why, but the number of “constructive” replies, clearly show a lack of dedication and acknowledgement.

It is fine that the PvP team is such a dedicated bunch, but the other teams, especially the balance team, should pop their heads into the Profession Balance forum and drop some replies every now and then. A lot of the topics in there could be resolved by simply saying “we can consider this/cannot do this because of X reason”.

A more dynamic and transparent discussion, even if only at the “brainstorming” level, is a lot more healthy for the community then just being silent and raising one or two community concerns every full moon.

They had. People from Alpha testing which were critical and negative got banned from it, that was the problem. And that’s what you see in this forum. A-Net had, has and will never admit they made any sort of mistake.

Such responses will only net you a infraction or two unless you got irrefutable proof.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Such responses will only net you a infraction or two unless you got irrefutable proof.

I can’t speak for the fact of them being banned from it, but I have the word of multiple people that almost every single PvP player said it (Dhuumfire) was a bad idea. Not to mention the Necromancer forum had a massive debate about it the second it was previewed.

So ban or not, they still blatantly ignored the feedback they got.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I can’t speak for the fact of them being banned from it, but I have the word of multiple people that almost every single PvP player said it (Dhuumfire) was a bad idea. Not to mention the Necromancer forum had a massive debate about it the second it was previewed.

So ban or not, they still blatantly ignored the feedback they got.

well, that is a “food chain” issue…

Food chain being;
Balance Devs
Alpha Testers
Various respected players that they ask about such things.
Forums

In this case, it is a matter of forums being “irrelevant” in the larger picture.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

I’m talking alpha players who said it was bad. I know quite a few people in alpha (and they know the rest), and I don’t know of a single PvP alpha tester who said it was a good idea.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

The new amount of “Red posts” is nice.
The problem with those is, that there are so many thread already where you guys write stuff like “thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it” etc. but the fact that none of those things get change, it almosts feels like the gentle version of “Screw you, guys”.

Or they’re just collecting all the data, and will make an intelligent decision based on an aggregate of values. I think this community really needs to understand that although I can make a complaint about x/y/z mechanic of one class, and just because I feel that way, and I might even have other people post in such a thread that feel similarly, doesn’t mean that what I want would be good for the rest of the player base.

We also have to consider the entirety of work that the Anet team does in regards to developing the Living Story, balancing, WvW tournies, EU/NA tournies, as well as merging with China. That’s a lot of work for any team, and I’m sure there is more work that I didn’t list that they’re working on as well. With more money they’ll be getting from China, they’ll probably be able to hire more people to work on specific areas of the game, churning out more content and balance that we would all like.

I still feel that there should be a virtual reality Asuran library for us to relive old Living World content through phasing and the magic of VR! It would also let the content devs worked so kitten have a permanent placement in the game for players to replay, as well as new players to get up to speed. With new players, and retaining new players, the game will have more growth, and more money at their disposal. My two cents.

<3

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

We also have to consider the entirety of work that the Anet team does in regards to developing the Living Story, <strong>balancing</strong>, ….
[/quote]

One balance patch every half a year is not nearly enough, to ever come even remotely close to anything resembling iterations got to be way quicker, I’d about 3-4(tops) for major patch and way more often for game breaking things that require hotfixing(PW thief/warrior last patch) – 2 weeks at most.

Also remove that abomination, sorry excuse of map you call skyhammer. I will never believe that majority of players like that map, I have not seen single person on forums that do, and I’ve seen a lot ppl ingame that hate it, only handful that are ‘neutral’ and even less that like it(few decap engis)

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

“I hate to be the negative Nancy here, but are these the same metrics and people who “crunch numbers” that came to the conclusion of the end result of Skyhammer being allowed to stay, and Capricorn being swept under the rug at a moments notice?

Personally, In my humble opinion, I believe that with such a long production time between patches for pvp as we all know, you knew that it would take longer to incorporate the water combat for such a large patch. And you didn’t have the resources to properly test the underwater combat, “not saying you have the proper resources to test any patch to begin with”. But it would take more time, and taking Capricorn out of the equation was a quick and simple small price to pay “budget wise” in order to get things rolling, if ever so slightly faster.

As for skyhammer, well, I personally cannot think of any logical situation as to why it has not been removed. I probably will never believe in your “number crunching” unless I see it for myself. But I’m pretty sure I speak for the entire community when I say that I would rather not play a terrible map, and play a smaller variety of better ones than the former. It comes down to quality not quantity.

Countless"

“We have a whole team dedicated to crunching numbers and deriving meaning from data.”

Where did you find this wonderfully incriminating piece of copy/pasted ineptitude?

Sarcasms ftw……

(edited by The Primary.6371)