How is Automated Response not fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

That’s a little sad. Warriors are doing ok atm. I suspect they’ll be too strong once people figure it out and start finding comps that work better with them, but right now they are fine.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I agree the nerf shouldn’t apply to warriors. I would even be OK with it remaining a total immunity for engineers as long as it’s given a limited duration and inner cooldown.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

I agree the nerf shouldn’t apply to warriors. I would even be OK with it remaining a total immunity for engineers as long as it’s given a limited duration and inner cooldown.

Cool cool, please give us 30s immune to condition while health is below 25% with IcD 30s. Deal?

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Kata.6795

Kata.6795

I consider fear, immobilize, chill, and cripple crowd control. That’s why I said “most” instead of “all” crowd control.

The rest of your post seemed to misunderstand basic game mechanics. It would be impossible and impractical to go above 100 percent condition duration for a myriad of reasons, most importantly because no condition in the game can actually last more than double its duration.

Here’s how it was explained in the patch notes, which shows that an extra 40 percent condition duration is supposed to be 140 percent condition duration: “Berserker’s Stance: Increased the recharge to 60 seconds. Reduced the duration to 4 seconds. This stance now reduces incoming condition duration by 100%, so only modified conditions can get through.”

But that’s not how it works. Both abilities just make the user or passive recipient immune to conditions. No conditions can go through, no matter the modifier.

I’m starting to think ArenaNet isn’t aware of this bug at all, considering so much of the playerbase is clearly misinformed about it.

They are well aware of it, I faced a full dev premade and hammon ran it. This game truly needs new developers.

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

And still nothing was said about AR.
As in the aforemented patch note, after all – not even the wording change was written there.

Still, if they meant to change AR as well with a stealth nerf, it would have been quite deplorable.
At least they should have written it.

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

Trait is fine. Moving on.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Vaffelman.6954

Vaffelman.6954

Number 1. Chill/Cripple/Immobilize are considered conditions
Reference: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition#List_of_conditions
Note how all conditions are Red upside down pentagons for their icon should be a huge hint.

These are not CC here is a list of CC if you need it for a refresher:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crowd_Control

you sir seem to be misinformed. CC means “Crowd-Control” as in controlling your enemy to some degree.
even tho Chill/Cripple/Immobilize are considered conditions they still slow or stop people from moving.

Vaffelmannen / Vaffelman / Krigs Vaffel
We Be Chilling Core
GH

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

As far as this game’s game mechanics works, crowd control skills are the one listed there.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Note how all conditions are Red upside down pentagons for their icon should be a huge hint.

you sir seem to be misinformed. CC means “Crowd-Control” as in controlling your enemy to some degree.
even tho Chill/Cripple/Immobilize are considered conditions they still slow or stop people from moving.

Theres a reason for classifying them as ‘soft’ CC and ‘hard’ CC, I suggest people start specifying what type before confusing players or yourself, as not every understands what you mean by saying CC in general.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

As per game coding (icons how they are removed etc). They are conditions stability doesn’t make you immune to cripple/chill/immob.

Also look at damage bonuses. Certain classes get damage buffs if a target has a condition on them. So if a target has cripple chill immob they get the damage buff. They don’t get it if the target is disabled IE stun, KD, KB, Daze.
Then other classes get a buff if a target is under CC such as mesmers wastrel’s punishment (never taken anyways). And then warriors 50% greater crit chance. Imagine the uproar if this also applied to targets having cripple chill and immob. This is why there is a distinction and this is why AR is still okay as it applies to cripple chill and immobilize because of how they are implemented IN GAME. People’s interpretation of what it should or should not be is inconsequential.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)