How long are we supposed to wait?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Considering that the thing sustaining guild wars 1 was the PvE side and not the PvP aspect, Ncsoft made the right call assuming what you said is true, but I don’t think so.

I think guild wars 2 was release because they was no major MMORPG that was coming out in late 2012, so they could maximize their box sales. What I think actually happen is that, the overall game did not work out as Anet had hoped. If you look at the changes from the PvE side of things and compare it with their pre-release language their original vision totally failed and now they have been trying to fix the core game (PvE) and everything else probably got pushed aside including PvP, resources wise.

There hasn’t been any major, competitive release yet, 2 years later.
It’s only guessing though, so you could be right at very least in part. But there is one thing I can’t shake from that train of thought being absolutely right, if their plan was to just dump out the game half finished (for box sales) and then finish it up…. they never, like not even around beta, acted like they seriously were trying to finish up PvP….

They never did any alpha level changes the game needed, they were extremely slow to work out the hundreds of issues the game had then, they weren’t even in any rush to push out the features every other game was launched with either; meaning they seemed to have already stalled out. That could have been Anet pushing aside PvP to try to recover PvE, but the thing is, in that case, that decision would have had to happen before beta… so usually release dates just get pushed back at that point. Part could have been a hectic launch, but their pace never changed as the game stabilized. It all makes me lean towards the idea that they just lost allot of funding halfway through.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Considering that the thing sustaining guild wars 1 was the PvE side and not the PvP aspect, Ncsoft made the right call assuming what you said is true, but I don’t think so.

I think guild wars 2 was release because they was no major MMORPG that was coming out in late 2012, so they could maximize their box sales. What I think actually happen is that, the overall game did not work out as Anet had hoped. If you look at the changes from the PvE side of things and compare it with their pre-release language their original vision totally failed and now they have been trying to fix the core game (PvE) and everything else probably got pushed aside including PvP, resources wise.

There hasn’t been any major, competitive release yet, 2 years later.
It’s only guessing though, so you could be right at very least in part. But there is one thing I can’t shake from that train of thought being absolutely right, if their plan was to just dump out the game half finished (for box sales) and then finish it up…. they never, like not even around beta, acted like they seriously were trying to finish up PvP….

They never did any alpha level changes the game needed, they were extremely slow to work out the hundreds of issues the game had then, they weren’t even in any rush to push out the features every other game was launched with either; meaning they seemed to have already stalled out. That could have been Anet pushing aside PvP to try to recover PvE, but the thing is, in that case, that decision would have had to happen before beta… so usually release dates just get pushed back at that point. Part could have been a hectic launch, but their pace never changed as the game stabilized. It all makes me lean towards the idea that they just lost allot of funding halfway through.

What you are saying is based on the assumption that PvP was a main selling point, they might have said it publicly but I doubt internally it was. But you are right, they did rush the game out as shown by the fact that they couldn’t have been bothered to complete the final personal story boss fight.

Honestly, I think ncsoft had every right to force them to release it earlier than anticipated, after 5-6 years of investments and delays + with no strong western presence, i would do the same. But I don’t think that PvP was ever going to be in the cards. It seems more apparent that PvE suffered mores so that PvP.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: AlKTN.3742

AlKTN.3742

Just remind this : “GW2 PvP is made for ESPORT”.

Ye we see it… Zerg on LA is probably so much interesting than a good pvp…

It’s just ridiculous how u can make an awesome pvp like gw1 and take ABSOLUTELY NOTHING of it for the 2nd… ah not nothing excuse me, the name is here !!!

I hope you remember (anet staff) [WM], [DF], [rawr], [KMD], [KvZ] etcetcetc so much nice guilds and their legendary’s GvG.
Did u see they in game at the release ?
I answer for you : Yes a lot of them have test GW2.
Ok nice but why i can’t see them in game atm ?
I answer again for you : Because you made a f***ing sh**ty pvp game so a lot of GW1 best players stop 1 month after the release and some of them back to the 1rst GW…

You really give a lot of respect for your 1rst hours fans it’s awesome.
I hope destroyed Guild Wars name like you did it and lost almost all best GW1 players (and now best GW2 players leave too ahahahah) makes you happy.

(1 years 1/2 and no GvG = a big GJ for you, you works so hard for change this)

(edited by AlKTN.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I like how ANet sets balance patches aside for over three months in favor of Living Story updates and then calls the PvP community “short-sighted”.

That’s just rich.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I like how ANet sets balance patches aside for over three months in favor of Living Story updates and then calls the PvP community “short-sighted”.

That’s just rich.

I love how they call (well, really it was just one Dev) the community short sighted when the only reason we can’t see far is because they tell us nothing: you can’t be the reason that people are the dark and also moan about how they can’t see the big picture. That’s just silly.

Refusing to talk about, to give details about, anything isn’t the same as managing expectations, it causes its own problems, people become disillusioned, they don’t see the devs as doing anything to address their concerns and so they feel increasingly ignored and marginalised. Telling people who feel like this to hang in because you have great things coming that you’re not ready to talk about is going to do nothing but further alienate them.

Maybe tomorrows preview of next weeks patch (if they do one) will have some indication of what they’re actually going to do regarding rewards in sPVP and give us a timeline of roughly when they will be arriving because at the moment it seems like they’re removing the current rewards and will at some undisclosed stage in the future be adding in something to replace them.

Leaving a game mode without any real rewards (while working on new rewards) seems like a poor idea to me.

in PvP

Posted by: Your Game My Rules.5324

Your Game My Rules.5324

I hope you remember (anet staff) [WM], [DF], [rawr], [KMD], [KvZ] etcetcetc so much nice guilds and their legendary’s GvG.

Wtf is [KvZ] doing in this list?

Cptn Zhu ~ A Haven Of Tranquility [Home]
Several GW1 goldcapes ~

in PvP

Posted by: DeterminedPanda.1274

DeterminedPanda.1274

I do feel bad for the devs (particularly Justin), but as it has been said; this frustration is justified. It isn’t short sighted if it is in hindsight. We have been waiting forever for simple additions or changes. There are plenty of posts with great advice and ideas on how to fix it. The issues have been stated over and over – passive play, condition/aoe/cc spam, matchmaking, overall lack of balance, new game modes!!!!!

And yet over the last 9 months with countless posts describing issues and giving suggestions of what to change, we havent gotten anything. Just add a 2v2 or 3v3 deathmatch already. You dont even need to make a new map, just play on sections of the maps you have. We have waited for a long time for pve rewards we dont want and nothing else has changed. I understand these things take some time, and I dont necessarily think transparency or communication is the problem. The issue is that if you wait a year to put in one balance patch, you are inevitably going to fail. There is too much hype when you wait that long, and there is no way you will be able to live up to it. Destroy the current meta or start doing monthly balance changes to keep the meta on its toes.

Derpty

in PvP

Posted by: Godly Black Ownage.4902

Godly Black Ownage.4902

I’m ready for some Guild Wars 3 PvP…Third times a charm! Are there any other Beliebers in here?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I just stopped giving feedback, every single time i point out something i get my posts infracted….now seriously, since i’m probably a troll and i can’t understand, can someone please explain me where the actual reason for this infraction (The last one) is?

And screening this again because who knows…maybe they’re gonna remove this too..

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Unveiling truth is often a major infraction.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

They’ve been getting much more aggressive with infractions this past month

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Oh snap! Pretty epic to promote own guilds as legendary.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

I just stopped giving feedback, every single time i point out something i get my posts infracted….now seriously, since i’m probably a troll and i can’t understand, can someone please explain me where the actual reason for this infraction (The last one) is?

And screening this again because who knows…maybe they’re gonna remove this too..

Here you go:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Dictatorship is a good way to describe the moderation on this forum. It’s a good indication of how they deal with criticism and their (un)willingness to own up to their own mistakes. Just give infractions to anyone who disagrees with you! It gives me little hope that they’ll ever fix PVP and give us balance patches that don’t take months to come up.

I mean for crying out loud. I took a year break from this game and came back recently and found that very little has changed and that there’s only been a few balance updates since I last played!

(Since the dicatorship won’t let me post more than one post every 60 minutes I’ll edit this in reply)

Dictatorship is a good way to describe the moderation on this forum. It’s a good indication of how they deal with criticism and their (un)willingness to own up to their own mistakes. Just give infractions to anyone who disagrees with you! It gives me little hope that they’ll ever fix PVP and give us balance patches that don’t take months to come up.

I mean for crying out loud. I took a year break from this game and came back recently and found that very little has changed and that there’s only been a few balance updates since I last played!

Dictatorship is a great way to describe the moderation, IF you don’t know what dictatorship actually means. hint a dictationship wouldn’t have allowed this or any thread that criticizes the game to continue.

Have moderation crossed the line once in a while, maybe. But I like the moderation here because it forces people to behave in a more respectful way. I wish more forums were moderated like this, maybe players would be more respectful including myself.

Also admitting mistakes doesn’t really mean much in a long run, it might provide temporary comfort to those that demand it but it doesn’t do anything other than that. Admitting mistakes doesn’t fix problems, fixing problems fixes problems and their actions sometimes show they know the game has issues, lots and lots of it.

When someone says “dictatorship” they don’t mean it literally. There IS something called figure of speech. Also, there are plenty of threads that have gone on for a bit and then were deleted. Just because a thread exists doesn’t mean ANET allowed it. So your example here is not really valid.

And I find it funny that you claim that people are more respectful because of the moderation when I find that your posts are thinly veiled condescending posts. Just look at the first line of your post.

(edited by isolatedchimp.2510)

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Dictatorship is a great way to describe the moderation, IF you don’t know what dictatorship actually means. hint a dictationship wouldn’t have allowed this or any thread that criticizes the game to continue.

Have moderation crossed the line once in a while, maybe. But I like the moderation here because it forces people to behave in a more respectful way. I wish more forums were moderated like this, maybe players would be more respectful including myself.

Also admitting mistakes doesn’t really mean much in a long run, it might provide temporary comfort to those that demand it but it doesn’t do anything other than that. Admitting mistakes doesn’t fix problems, fixing problems fixes problems and their actions sometimes show they know the game has issues, lots and lots of it.

in PvP

Posted by: AlKTN.3742

AlKTN.3742

KvZ was the best french team, they always plays at the 1rst GW, its an exemple for “they tested GW2 and back on the 1rst”.
But ye they’re not legendary like the others i know

(edited by AlKTN.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i consider myself casual pver , casual pvper but harcore gw2 player lol. did map completion 5 times going on 6 have 4 legendaries 8 lvl 80 etc… sucks to see that pvp is getting the short stick but i think the game is made to be enjoyed both sides not just pve or pvp but i do understand that others lean to playing one than other. just wish Anet consentrate on one aspect of the game them move on to another like we going to do this pve LS for a month then all resource switch to pvp for a month and so on. this way you are updating both aspect of the game and making the game even stronger and better in a lot of ways. all u do seems like is to increase rank gain in pvp and give pve items along with crappy pvp chest. but yeah although now i just login to do dailys or monthlys i still love gw2, but playing other games atm like DCUO or sins of the solar empire

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

If asking questions is all the content of the next ready up I can’t see myself playing this game for much longer. So much potential gone to waste and it’s very saddening to watch.

The stupid part is that we don’t know whether these major changes will make the game any more desirable or not. We’re just waiting for a change of weather.

(edited by Zuik.7158)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

I don’t get why anet doesn’t allow north korea to gw2…they already created a kim-jong friendly climate on forum too..

in PvP

silvermember.8941

snip

When someone says “dictatorship” they don’t mean it literally. There IS something called figure of speech. Also, there are plenty of threads that have gone on for a bit and then were deleted. Just because a thread exists doesn’t mean ANET allowed it. So your example here is not really valid.

And I find it funny that you claim that people are more respectful because of the moderation when I find that your posts are thinly veiled condescending posts. Just look at the first line of your post.

TIL about figure of speech.

Just because a thread exist doesn’t mean anet allow it.

That statement contradicts the point you are trying to make. The simple fact that a thread exist means Anet allows it, even if they don’t like the content of it.

Being respectful doesn’t mean I am not going to be condescending, It means I don’t get to throw personal insults at you. Finally, my comment said “more respectful”, which is relative to other forums.

in PvP

isolatedchimp.2510

snip

That statement contradicts the point you are trying to make. The simple fact that a thread exist means Anet allows it, even if they don’t like the content of it.

Being respectful doesn’t mean I am not going to be condescending, It means I don’t get to throw personal insults at you. Finally, my comment said “more respectful”, which is relative to other forums.

Oh man, those mental gymnastics. But I’m not going to debate you on what is and isn’t respect since ANET has their own idea of what that is and hand out infractions like candy based on it. It doesn’t matter what you or I consider to be respect.

Also, I direct you to the thread called “Removal of Glory”. It was removed only 7 hours ago because it “violated” the guidelines of what “good” feedback was. I’m sure it was up at least for the whole weekend. So just because a thread exists right now, doesn’t mean ANET is allowing it because of the goodness in their hearts. I’ve seen posts that still exist where the post is calling someone an idiot. It doesn’t mean ANET allows such personal attacks. They simply might not have gotten around to it or even know about it. Just because someone might have gotten away with something doesn’t mean ANET is really laid back and is accepting of criticism. That’s my whole point but you seem incapable of understanding it.

(edited by isolatedchimp.2510)

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Oh man, those mental gymnastics. But I’m not going to debate you on what is and isn’t respect since ANET has their own idea of what that is and hand out infractions like candy based on it. It doesn’t matter what you or I consider to be respect.

Very true. Once I got an infraction which I deemed unwarranted enough to send in a complaint to the Support. I was uninfracted almost the same day I sent in my complaint. coughcough
It is pretty funny to observe how they often need to bend the forum guidelines to justify the infractions (and also which rule is opted for in that regard).

On a side note, I wonder if it’s just me or have these forums turned into a deadzone recently. The amount of infractions I’m receiving lately is at an all-time low, and there’s nothing to really comment on either (in a critical/cynical/sarcastic manner, at least).

For the life of me I don’t understand why people allow themselves to be constantly strung along. For pete’s sake they just recently put a collaborative thread about ladders and seasons something they first talked about at least half a year ago. This tells me that development on it has not really started. When does the point come when you start saying I am not going to wait for 9 month-1+ year development cycles for standard features. I quit playing about a month and a half ago and I haven’t been happier. I may come back if and when these far flung promises get implemented. I’m thinking late summer or fall for all of these things to be in at the earliest.

inorite

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Archaon.6245

This thread still exist just because was posted by sensotix imo

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Very true. Once I got an infraction which I deemed unwarranted enough to send in a complaint to the Support. I was uninfracted almost the same day I sent in my complaint. coughcough
It is pretty funny to observe how they often need to bend the forum guidelines to justify the infractions (and also which rule is opted for in that regard).

On a side note, I wonder if it’s just me or have these forums turned into a deadzone recently. The amount of infractions I’m receiving lately is at an all-time low, and there’s nothing to really comment on either (in a critical/cynical/sarcastic manner, at least).

For the life of me I don’t understand why people allow themselves to be constantly strung along. For pete’s sake they just recently put a collaborative thread about ladders and seasons something they first talked about at least half a year ago. This tells me that development on it has not really started. When does the point come when you start saying I am not going to wait for 9 month-1+ year development cycles for standard features. I quit playing about a month and a half ago and I haven’t been happier. I may come back if and when these far flung promises get implemented. I’m thinking late summer or fall for all of these things to be in at the earliest.

inorite

People can only get infracted so much before they stop showing up. I’ve been suspended twice in the past two weeks and I just started posting again halfway throu last month. So it’s about that time to take another break lol.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

@Sensotix.4106

We didn’t promise anything, we shared our high level road-map plans.

Justin, you kind of did (well, Colin did):

“In January, we talked about where we wanted Guild Wars 2 to go in 2013. We’re a little over halfway through the year, and we felt it was time to give you an update on where we stand, where we’re going, and discuss in more detail some of the systems you’ll see in the second half of 2013.”

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

“We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013”

That “looking forward” contained a roadmap. And it did make promises. There were no dates, just a huge window. A six month window. And, somehow, something went awfully wrong and very little of what was forecast was implemented over those six months.

How could something go so horribly wrong that major milestones were missed by up to a full six months? And what does it say about ArenaNet if they were not able to communicate these changes to their customers over those 6 months?

I’ve managed large software tasks with large teams ($15m+ USD yearly budgets). I know how to lay down a schedule and manage a budget. I’ve never laid down a plan so aggressive that I miss 50% of my milestones in a 6 month window. Whenever I believe I am going to slip a milestone, I immediately let my management and customers know and replan.

This is why we don’t like sharing dates. I know you’re waiting on things, and the wait is driving me crazy too, but saying we made promises when we clearly did not does not help get the content out sooner.

If you want greater transparency, like I do, then you must accept that dates, features, and plans are not a static promise. Things can happen to shift priorities, dates, or designs, causing things to changed, be pushed back, or accelerated.

Please stop.

/personal rant

Justin,

People don’t want greater transparency. They want applicable, measured updates in a reasonable time frame. Sensotix has a right to be upset. He’s been one of the biggest advocates for PvP in this game, and the lack of timely updates and broken meta (cheese meta) has soured his opinion. That’s not his fault.

Take a look – warriors are broken and the community knows it. The Balance Team, however, thinks they are fine. Thieves make all other berserker builds and all other roamer builds non-viable. The Balance Team, however, thinks they are fine.

Changes don’t arrive every couple of weeks. Rather they arrive every 4-5 months. !!! That’s insane. Take a look at League of Legends. They push balance fixes out every 2 weeks.

GW2 is supposed to be a AAA MMO. It is self-proclaimed. So, why shouldn’t the community expect the same quality and quantity of maintenance as in a AAA MMO?

The bottom line: there is no reason why the PvP community should not expect reasonable balance changes made to the game every 2 weeks. If such a reason does exist, it should be the imperative of ArenaNet to remove that reason.

People like you need to keep posting. You talk a lot of sense. Arenanet are like politicians by how they talk. In an age where that sort of political talk is regarded as VERY unflattering. People hate politicians in europe for this stuff. Maybe americans have a different perspective and this explains how anet communicate with us.

It drives me nuts how they treat us like little children all the time. Apparently we are to be kept in the dark about what all the clever adults are doing.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

@Sensotix.4106

Justin, you kind of did (well, Colin did):

“In January, we talked about where we wanted Guild Wars 2 to go in 2013. We’re a little over halfway through the year, and we felt it was time to give you an update on where we stand, where we’re going, and discuss in more detail some of the systems you’ll see in the second half of 2013.”

“We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013”

That “looking forward” contained a roadmap. And it did make promises. There were no dates, just a huge window. A six month window. And, somehow, something went awfully wrong and very little of what was forecast was implemented over those six months.

How could something go so horribly wrong that major milestones were missed by up to a full six months? And what does it say about ArenaNet if they were not able to communicate these changes to their customers over those 6 months?

I’ve managed large software tasks with large teams ($15m+ USD yearly budgets). I know how to lay down a schedule and manage a budget. I’ve never laid down a plan so aggressive that I miss 50% of my milestones in a 6 month window. Whenever I believe I am going to slip a milestone, I immediately let my management and customers know and replan.

This is why we don’t like sharing dates. I know you’re waiting on things, and the wait is driving me crazy too, but saying we made promises when we clearly did not does not help get the content out sooner.

If you want greater transparency, like I do, then you must accept that dates, features, and plans are not a static promise. Things can happen to shift priorities, dates, or designs, causing things to changed, be pushed back, or accelerated.

Please stop.

/personal rant

Justin,

People don’t want greater transparency. They want applicable, measured updates in a reasonable time frame. Sensotix has a right to be upset. He’s been one of the biggest advocates for PvP in this game, and the lack of timely updates and broken meta (cheese meta) has soured his opinion. That’s not his fault.

Take a look – warriors are broken and the community knows it. The Balance Team, however, thinks they are fine. Thieves make all other berserker builds and all other roamer builds non-viable. The Balance Team, however, thinks they are fine.

Changes don’t arrive every couple of weeks. Rather they arrive every 4-5 months. !!! That’s insane. Take a look at League of Legends. They push balance fixes out every 2 weeks.

GW2 is supposed to be a AAA MMO. It is self-proclaimed. So, why shouldn’t the community expect the same quality and quantity of maintenance as in a AAA MMO?

The bottom line: there is no reason why the PvP community should not expect reasonable balance changes made to the game every 2 weeks. If such a reason does exist, it should be the imperative of ArenaNet to remove that reason.

People like you need to keep posting. You talk a lot of sense. Arenanet are like politicians by how they talk. In an age where that sort of political talk is regarded as VERY unflattering. People hate politicians in europe for this stuff. Maybe americans have a different perspective and this explains how anet communicate with us.

It drives me nuts how they treat us like little children all the time. Apparently we are to be kept in the dark about what all the clever adults are doing.

You’re right. ANet talks a lot but they essentially say nothing. I would prefer no posts at all instead of the meaningless lead-ons that we currently get.

I honestly think it’s rude and a little unprofessional to advertise things such as “amazing changes” or “new and exciting features” and then refuse to divulge any information to the players for months on end. If you’re not willing to reveal details, please don’t say anything at all until it’s ready.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

ArenaNet Developers need to understand that when we complain, it also means we care.
My 10+ infractions means I care a lot. That’s not a joke. It may seem I hate the developers, which is not true, I love them, I just hate the decisions.

What I don’t understand why ArenaNet doesn’t mix living world with balance?

Have a bunch of NPC’s to raise funds for the new debt Lions Arch has accumulated thanks to it’s destruction and be a major part of the PvP matches.

These NPC’s will also be ‘in charge’ of balance, have fun, RP as these NPC’s in updates!

These NPC’s will be raising funds in PvP games. Taking a step further, these NPC’s can get balance feedback without people flooding the forums.

Hell, this is an excuse to bring back the Guild Wars, except instead of battling for the bloodstones, make it a popular game event in Tyria where the people can enjoy the games, a morale boost and economic boost.

Just recently WvW was involved with the living world, it’s time for sPvP to do the same.

As game developers ArenaNet, you need to step back and examine every mechanic closely and determine if it is good, bad or ugly.

I can tell you for a fact, traits can be removed entirely for a different system that can be more fun, more engaging and more freedom for balancing.

Look at League of Legends, they went through plenty of mechanics changes. THERE IS NO SHAME! Roit knows full well when they kitten hard, admit their kitten s ON CAMERA and they have the most played game of all time.

Don’t treat us like we are toxic, don’t treat us like we are a massive group. Don’t be afraid to talk to us individually and often. We bite but it’s because we don’t want to let go. Embrace the loving pain XD

10+ infractions is child’s play. I have 50+ infractions. I can’t post new topics and I can’t post more than once every 10 minutes. And this for no personal attacks or anything on anyone at anet. Just for calling out the fails in the game. IMO they had a moderator meeting about a month ago and decided to crack down on the “toxic” pvp community (as they see it). Censorship on here is currently rampant. I even got an infraction for saying I had got an infraction.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

If asking questions is all the content of the next ready up I can’t see myself playing this game for much longer. So much potential gone to waste and it’s very saddening to watch.

The stupid part is that we don’t know whether these major changes will make the game any more desirable or not. We’re just waiting for a change of weather.

Why do they even bother with ready up? If they don’t have anything to tell us that we care about then why bother. People care about news on upcoming features and balance. People don’t care what Allie’s favourite color is OR watching team x play v team y on a stream. (Nothing against Allie or Grouch – they do an OK job imo with communicating with us)

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

ArenaNet Developers need to understand that when we complain, it also means we care.
My 10+ infractions means I care a lot. That’s not a joke. It may seem I hate the developers, which is not true, I love them, I just hate the decisions.

What I don’t understand why ArenaNet doesn’t mix living world with balance?

Have a bunch of NPC’s to raise funds for the new debt Lions Arch has accumulated thanks to it’s destruction and be a major part of the PvP matches.

These NPC’s will also be ‘in charge’ of balance, have fun, RP as these NPC’s in updates!

These NPC’s will be raising funds in PvP games. Taking a step further, these NPC’s can get balance feedback without people flooding the forums.

Hell, this is an excuse to bring back the Guild Wars, except instead of battling for the bloodstones, make it a popular game event in Tyria where the people can enjoy the games, a morale boost and economic boost.

Just recently WvW was involved with the living world, it’s time for sPvP to do the same.

As game developers ArenaNet, you need to step back and examine every mechanic closely and determine if it is good, bad or ugly.

I can tell you for a fact, traits can be removed entirely for a different system that can be more fun, more engaging and more freedom for balancing.

Look at League of Legends, they went through plenty of mechanics changes. THERE IS NO SHAME! Roit knows full well when they kitten hard, admit their kitten s ON CAMERA and they have the most played game of all time.

Don’t treat us like we are toxic, don’t treat us like we are a massive group. Don’t be afraid to talk to us individually and often. We bite but it’s because we don’t want to let go. Embrace the loving pain XD

10+ infractions is child’s play. I have 50+ infractions. I can’t post new topics and I can’t post more than once every 10 minutes. And this for no personal attacks or anything on anyone at anet. Just for calling out the fails in the game. IMO they had a moderator meeting about a month ago and decided to crack down on the “toxic” pvp community (as they see it). Censorship on here is currently rampant. I even got an infraction for saying I had got an infraction.

I have never been in a forum of any kind with such an amount of censorship. Luckily I am only at one post 120seconds yet, but it gets worse steadily

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

milo.6942

Moderators are mostly consistent and fair. If I was running a game I wouldn’t want my official forums to be host to toxic posts either. Very bad for business. Then again, I wouldn’t have made a game like this…

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Moderators are mostly consistent and fair. If I was running a game I wouldn’t want my official forums to be host to toxic posts either. Very bad for business. Then again, I wouldn’t have made a game like this…

Then again, who will trust you with 50+ million to build a game?

in PvP

silvermember.8941

snip

Also, I direct you to the thread called “Removal of Glory”. It was removed only 7 hours ago because it “violated” the guidelines of what “good” feedback was. I’m sure it was up at least for the whole weekend. So just because a thread exists right now, doesn’t mean ANET is allowing it because of the goodness in their hearts. I’ve seen posts that still exist where the post is calling someone an idiot. It doesn’t mean ANET allows such personal attacks. They simply might not have gotten around to it or even know about it. Just because someone might have gotten away with something doesn’t mean ANET is really laid back and is accepting of criticism. That’s my whole point but you seem incapable of understanding it.

NOt to continue this pointless argument any further, but like you said that thread existed over the WEEKEND, anet officially doesn’t work during the weekend; some choose to post during that time but most don’t. This thread has been going on for a full week, so you really don’t have a point.

As for accepting criticism, I really can’t comment on that but neither can you. Just because they don’t go with populist idea doesn’t mean they don’t accept criticism, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. Not all ideas or criticism presented in this forum is good, they are a lot more crap than good and most of the good requires a lot of changes that most companies probably wont put in the resources for, especially for a dying or dead game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Narcin Roc.3018

Narcin Roc.3018

Two words, Death………….Match

in PvP

isolatedchimp.2510

snip

NOt to continue this pointless argument any further, but like you said that thread existed over the WEEKEND, anet officially doesn’t work during the weekend; some choose to post during that time but most don’t. This thread has been going on for a full week, so you really don’t have a point.

As for accepting criticism, I really can’t comment on that but neither can you. Just because they don’t go with populist idea doesn’t mean they don’t accept criticism, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. Not all ideas or criticism presented in this forum is good, they are a lot more crap than good and most of the good requires a lot of changes that most companies probably wont put in the resources for, especially for a dying or dead game mode.

You’re right. You are pointless.

in PvP

milo.6942

I’d have made the best stripper simulator on the market with that budget.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackmoa.3186

Blackmoa.3186

the one thing anet achieved with gw2 is making sure that i will never again spend money on one of their games…..(and im probably not the only one who thinks that way)

German Caster,
never blinking “specialist”,

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Go get 50 millions and sign me up for beta already man u__u

in PvP

silvermember.8941

Unless you have physical feedback, why would anybody play that when in less than 20 seconds I can get access to all the “stuff” I want for free. Even stuff that the ESRB wont allow in a rated M game. (obvious it was just for jest)

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

The addition of new skills and traits on a regular basis will of course mean expanded variety of abilities, builds, and tactics in PvP as well. As these additional skills and traits are added, they’ll be automatically unlocked and available for competitive PvP just like all existing skills/traits work today.

We’ll also expand the competitive options for game play: providing a queue and leaderboards for solo rated play separate from team rated play, adding new map types, adding the ability to gain legendary weapon skins in PvP, providing additional rewards and growth to our major competitive PvP tournaments, hosting our own Year One PvP Championship at PAX, and more!

Haha wow.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

so nothing for us in the next 4 month :/

Funny warrior, MM necros, PW thifs and decaps engis are so funny at the moment. I am sure the “the rapidly growing competitive PvP community” enjoy this for the next months

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Meanwhile Henry was playing war last night, this game is so kittened up o__o

What’s next? Helseth with s\p thief? xD

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

@Sensotix.4106

Please stop.

/personal rant

I can handle the fact that the dates aren’t able to be easily set in stone, that’s easy. But in return, what I (and other players) want is larger changes with far more significance to them. You can be completely opaque about when the changes occur, but you can’t also be opaque about what they are. So far, the community has absolutely no idea when the changes are scheduled to happen, and we know so little about the changes (and even what we know is highly subject to change) that, for all we know, there isn’t even an upcoming patch. The little we do know is no less upsetting; we’re not looking for 8% nerfs to Healing Signet, or nerfs to Turrets, and for all we know, the problems that have been plaguing this game for the past half a year or more are still going to be problems for another 3-4 months after the patch, if not for longer.

Then there’s the community; we’ve tried incredibly hard to give suggestions to balance the game. Certainly, not everybody agrees on certain issues, but of the issues that we do, in large part, agree on, we have no indication that ANet is even listening to us. Personally, I’ve been extremely vocal about my opinions, and I’ve done everything in my power to help the game. I’ve even sent (or offered to send) my theorycrafting spreadsheet that I’ve spent well over a year slowly developing and that literally nobody else has access to. The only response I’ve ever received was from the Customer Support team, who couldn’t understand what my request was when I asked them to forward my email.

So whatever, fine, you can be obscure about the dates. But when that’s combined with a lack of information about the patches and with insignificant patches, the community, you have to understand, is going to be extremely upset.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

PvP Legendaries? Hell no! Some battles are chaotic enough as it is, we don’t need more random useless special effects thrown into the mix.
Sorry but legendaries have no place in structured PvP.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

PvP Legendaries? Hell no! Some battles are chaotic enough as it is, we don’t need more random useless special effects thrown into the mix.
Sorry but legendaries have no place in structured PvP.

It would only lead to more particle kitten around…definately not needed…or at least disable weapon’s visual effects into matches

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Take a look at the posts around here…

If I were the devs, I certainly wouldn’t be in any hurry to serve up any new content for the entitled jerks that believe it’s their right to constantly berate the company giving them free updates on their $60 game.

If I were a dev, I wouldn’t have an ounce of motivation to quickly provide additional content.

If I were a dev, I wouldn’t have an ounce of motivation to try to deliver truly high quality content.

Because at the end of the day, they only thing they’ll get in return from the community is more complaints and more finger pointing.

awe man… I havent even posted on these kitten forums since idk.. lol and haven’t played for even longer XD

But this was just too cute not to pass by quietly.

hows this: how about the devs STOP asking the community for feedback? Hmm? How about that? Since any feedback given (I’m quite positive in early release) was constructive and less heated was and has continued to be ignored.

The community suggests one thing and the devs go completely another route. So why even ask us? Why even pretend? If over the course of a meal I kept asking you what you wanted me to change about your dish to make it better and then brought your food back with completely things that you didn’t ask for (not even close) over and over and over and over and over again.. you wouldn’t be upset? Wouldn’t you just say… STOP kittening ASKING ME!? Get outta my face! lol

My overall point is.. why even bother? On both ends of the table. Why? Just either play or don’t play. But Anet pretends. They pretend to give a kitten about the opinions of the players. Because they obviously know better that’s why their game is super number 1 on the charts baby. XD

And brats!? Yeah.. We’re all entitled brats thats right. We get everything we want. Or at least expect to get everything we want. The problem with that argument is… The players never get a single ounce of what they’ve asked for. AND have produced those requests because Anet ASKED US TO.

My advice to Anet: Don’t even ask for feedback anymore. Pls.

My advice to players: Don’t bother.

The previous post by a guy said it best: The devs actually would rather us not play. It lessens the strain (the cost) on their servers. Their aim is to GET new players not KEEP players. They know that most new players will hit up that cash shop once they are a bit hooked (and knowing they just invested 60 dollars in the game) and buy the HOT or NEW items in the store (same unlimited use picks btw they just look different). After some time they start to go through the pains in which most vets have already endured only to end up moving on to something else and the devs not giving a kitten . The End.

Focker OUT!

XDDD

(edited by TheDevice.2751)