Hundred Blades is not okay.

in PvP

Posted by: Teabaker.9524

Teabaker.9524

I only play other classes and with all of them a HB-warrior is easy to deal with >->

(edited by Teabaker.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Man, this is tiresome.

Standard response:

1. Quickness is more the issue here, not HB. HB on its own is FAR too slow to ever land all of its hits on a player that isn’t just sitting in place letting it happen.
2. Pistol whip is more for the utility than the damage – unlike HB, it alone can stun-lock a person in place if the thief uses Quickness (again, Quickness causes so many problems here).
3. Unlike the other Quickness abilities, Frenzy makes the warrior take 50% more damage (the thief version only takes away endurance and the ranger version only removes the ability to heal during the duration). If anyone at all is attacking the warrior, they’re guaranteed to die.
4. Setting up HB requires a minimum of two utilities: Bola or Bull rush + Frenzy. If the warrior is attacking you with HB and Frenzy he is basically guaranteed to be down two utilities, which is a HUGE downside (again, unlike Pistol Whip, which really only needs Quickness and doesn’t suffer a 50% increased damage taken penalty). And BOTH of those utilities are easy to spot if you’re paying any attention at all.

Personally, I think all quickness abilities should have all three downsides at once (50% increased damage, no endurance, no healing), only THEN would quickness actually be fair and balanced. As it is, rangers basically get away scot-free using their quickness abilities and thieves can just stealth away like they always do. Rather irritating, that.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Check out my video, I love hundred blades

I watched the video, brings back some horrible memories. You know the sick feeling you get in your gut when you’re trying to finish someone and the Warrior sneaks up behind you and starts hundred blades… and there is that terrible delay you get when you try to stop the finishing move channel to dodge or something… oops it’s too late. You’re dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

If you’re losing to Warriors because of hundred blades, you must be really bad at PvP.

An ability that requires build up and CC is not an over powered ability…

move away, save your dodge for it… get some stun breakers..

stop being a noob… it’s the easiest skill in the game to avoid.

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.9510

QtHman.9510

I like how there still people QQ about hundred blades it’s been over 2 months that game came out and if you haven’t learn how to counter it this game isn’t for you…..

in PvP

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

If you’re losing to Warriors because of hundred blades, you must be really bad at PvP.

That’s the annoying part about people trying to justify this kind of stuff. They’re assume it’s a clean 1v1, but in reality somebody can sneak up behind you or you’re being cc spammed.

This isn’t a paper game where everything matches perfectly.

Warriors right now hit too hard. I’ve been crit for 9.4k dmg by a Warrior using Kill Shot with 3100 armor and that would be much higher on somebody with 2k armor. Hundred Blade frenzies are around every corner.

It’s not a problem with HB, but with haste in PvP at the moment. You should see what hasted Elementalist AOE’s can do.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

That’s the annoying part about people trying to justify this kind of stuff. They’re assume it’s a clean 1v1, but in reality somebody can sneak up behind you or you’re being cc spammed.

This isn’t a paper game where everything matches perfectly.

Warriors right now hit too hard. I’ve been crit for 9.4k dmg by a Warrior using Kill Shot with 3100 armor and that would be much higher on somebody with 2k armor. Hundred Blade frenzies are around every corner.

It’s not a problem with HB, but with haste in PvP at the moment. You should see what hasted Elementalist AOE’s can do.

Ele can only get haste by a 10% chance on crit every 45 seconds for 3 seconds if they have the sigil of rage and a good crit chance to make it even proc, a mesmer time warp elite, or guardian offensive book (seen a guardian use this in a game maybe twice). It is an extremely situational case.

in PvP

Posted by: Deathkiller.8473

Deathkiller.8473

jeez…. I thought we are over this
to OP and all babies these canĀ“t even dodge- learn2play.com

in PvP

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

In this thread: Newbies asking for nerf because of random warrior finishing off people in an already hopeless encounter in which they most likely had used up all endurance and stunbreaks (if they even had any in the first place ;-)).

100 blades is fine. Actually, it’s probably on the weak side. There’s a reason Warriors are pretty much non-existant in competitive teams.

Let’s hope Anet realizes that balancing after lowest denominator is a recipe for disaster and will keep balancing after the elite. It’s the only way to ensure stable, reliable balance.

On another note: If they – for some obscure reason – decides to remove/nerf haste abilities (a disaster if it happens as it’ll further exacerbate bunker build’s advantages), HB needs to be castable on the move and most likely receive a 25-33% damage increase.

in PvP

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

I won’t take a stand on the HB (and if I did it would be slightly out of the warrior’s reach). I do take notice how both sides belittle each other as newbies.

It’s about time we get proper ladders. While not everyone on top would be articulate, there’s bound to be some people who’ll be able to talk and explain nuances in GW2 the way say scarra can do it for LoL.

in PvP

Posted by: DeeTooDee.3972

DeeTooDee.3972

Take all that aside, and instead of arguing over its effectiveness, take a look at the frequency with which it is played in sPvP. Out of the hundreds, if not thousands of possible class/build makeups, bola/bulls + frenzy + gs is disproportionately represented (thieves are as well, and certain mesmer builds). And since players tend to flock to what is proven effective, well…I think you get the point. It could be because that build is super-duper fun over all else. I think it is…because it is very effective in unorganized sPvP (kill buttons tend to be powerful in chaos). Counterable? Of course. This sort of disproportionate representation hurts theory-crafting and creativity though, because you need to build to combat 100 blades warriors, as you’re next to guaranteed to encounter them (often several) in sPvP. As an ele, I feel compelled to either bring shocking aura, spec deep into air, or make sure I always have stun breaks off cooldown, preferably ones like teleport that get me the heck away. Not a bad practice, but it means some nifty creative builds can’t see the light of day.

Cookie cutter builds like this make for a less diverse sPvP. Less diversity = less fun.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I played a hundred blades warrior again last night in pvp… I would run in a crowd of people and kill up to three people in seconds. My off weapons were axe, shield… I was just destroying people.

Maybe I was lucky and everyone I played against were “noobs”… but I felt like I was playing in godmode.

This was my build.
-
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRzcM9cmwCFmmwCFmaGa0xMmazVab
-
Berserkers Amulet and Berserkers Jewel.
-
Greatsword (Superior Sigil of Blood)
Axe + Shield (Superior Sigil of Blood + Superior Sigil of Hydromancy)
-
And a full set of Superior Rune of Divinity

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Jasher: Correct, they weren’t very good.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Conveniently all the people I decided to play against were bad. How convenient. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Conveniently all the people I decided to play against were bad. How convenient. lol

Yeah same when I’m on my Thief everyone I play against is bad, when Im on my Necro is when I run into decent players. When I play ranger is when I run into the pros all the time.

Funny how that works.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: cero.1209

cero.1209

I don’t find hundred blades op. I play a d/d Ele and when i learned how to counter that button the bull rush HB attack is a joke to me now. I have only seen one warrior counter my counter and it i accepted my death with honor. Ele’s 3 skill in the lightning attunment stops that attack in one fell swoop.

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I don’t understand why thieves have so many problems with warriors. If my first burts fails I use caltrops to cripple them and kite till my cd are up again, for 100 blades I used withdraw, for me warriors are the easiest to kill and guardian the hardest. I’m a glass cannon D/D and S/D.

btw is really easy to dodge a warrior bull’s charge.

(edited by xbutcherx.3861)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Stop leading with bulls charge august 26th…

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: phyxx.7425

phyxx.7425

Only thing I find annoying is after I get done with a good fight on a node or something and don’t have utilities up and endurance still isn’t high, some glass cannon runs up and kills me lol. Granted I’ve done this while playing glass cannon specs but well.. I certainly frown upon it.

in PvP

Posted by: Fellknight.4820

Fellknight.4820

Alot of the problem is not being addressed. It isn’t one ability but a few abilities used in conjuction with another.

Bola-4 second root
Signet of Might-5 stacks of might
Sigent of Rage-5 stacks of might,fury, swiftness
Rush-speed to your target
Frenzy-100% haste

Then Hundred blades dealing 70% of your lifepool in the blink of an eye, you cannot dodge it because your rooted, you cannot use a stun breaker because stun breaker’s don’t free you from immoblize. This garuntee’s a player kill every minute, you can use the bola,SoM,rush tactic every 25 secs dealing a good 50% of a players lifepool before they can dodge out of the root.

With Forceful Greatsword and Signet Mastery trait you gain might for every greatsword crit and knock the cooldown to 20 seconds allowing you to easily collect 12-15 stacks of might fast and deal over 70% lifepool without the frenzy in the 4 seconds of bola.

Again you cannot dodge this you cannot stun-breaker this and any warrior worth his salt will collect a kill every 20 seconds using this op’d tactic. Making them one of the best glory farming classes in spvp. There are also many player’s using illegal macro mods to pull these abilities off in miliseconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

While it’s true hundred blades can be avoided that’s not what the OP is upset about.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/counter-play

I’ve always thought the main reason the game was more enjoyable during the beta weekends was the fact that the developers had counter-play in the forefront of their minds when they were designing warriors and elementalists, and those were the most powerful/popular professions at the time.

Thieves and mesmers, which were finalized later in the process when ideas were getting stretched thin, time was running out, etc. do not provide as many opportunities for counter play. They have less visual tells in their animations, burst combos that are more difficult to avoid or interrupt, frequently used skills that do high burst damage while simultaneously being a gap closer or providing evasion/immunity, more frustrating mechanics like stealth and clone spam etc. All of which reduce the number of viable/interesting counters the opponent can employ.

Lack of thought provoking reactive play is a big problem in GW2, but I actually think Warrior for the most part is one of the better designed classes in that regard.

Nice post! I didn’t play in the betas, but this is pretty much my impression from playing a fair bit of spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Only way a hundred blades warrior can get ya is if you let them burst on ya on purpose or surprise attack from out of know where. If the hundred blades warrior got more tricks up the sleeves then good luck.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

While it’s true hundred blades can be avoided that’s not what the OP is upset about.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/counter-play

I’ve always thought the main reason the game was more enjoyable during the beta weekends was the fact that the developers had counter-play in the forefront of their minds when they were designing warriors and elementalists, and those were the most powerful/popular professions at the time.

Thieves and mesmers, which were finalized later in the process when ideas were getting stretched thin, time was running out, etc. do not provide as many opportunities for counter play. They have less visual tells in their animations, burst combos that are more difficult to avoid or interrupt, frequently used skills that do high burst damage while simultaneously being a gap closer or providing evasion/immunity, more frustrating mechanics like stealth and clone spam etc. All of which reduce the number of viable/interesting counters the opponent can employ.

Lack of thought provoking reactive play is a big problem in GW2, but I actually think Warrior for the most part is one of the better designed classes in that regard.

Indeed, this post basically sums up the balance issues in a nutshell.

in PvP

Posted by: pyrotikk.4620

pyrotikk.4620

One button wonders have no place in PvP, let alone ‘competitive’ PvP.

(edited by pyrotikk.4620)

in PvP

Posted by: Bohab.7825

Bohab.7825

It’s a matter of being AWARE. When the Warrior starts Bull Charge, dodge out of the way! If you couldn’t Dodge at that time, Dodge the instant the stun is up… not always will you get out of the way but if you try a little harder you just might now and then.

Tavanyl

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I dare you to roll a warrior and just press 100B on people. Be sure to take video and let us know the results.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Yet Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers exist in tournament level Fps games. Sorry, think more before you make broad overgeneralizing statements. We’ve already gotten past the threat of HB, let’s not backpedal.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: pyrotikk.4620

pyrotikk.4620

Yet Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers exist in tournament level Fps games. Sorry, think more before you make broad overgeneralizing statements. We’ve already gotten past the threat of HB, let’s not backpedal.

This is not an Fps, and even FPS’s arnt what you say they are, you cant fire a 50cal from the hip let alone survive a bullet from one regardless of the bullet hitting your head or not.. and yet they do in competitive FPS’s…..

Your comparing First person shooters to MMO-Rpgs please leave the forum.

(edited by pyrotikk.4620)

in PvP

Dual.8953

This is not an Fps, and even FPS’s are scaled down, you cant fire a 50cal from the hip let alone survive a bullet from one regardless it hitting your head or not..

Not sure where you’re going after the RPG vs Fps point. Regardless, as stated by myself and various other players, HB is easy to deal with, and was widely regarded as weak against anyone paying attention to the battle, so let’s not dumb the game down so people can play carelessly.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

So a purely situational skill should be nerfed to the floor because of the 1-2 times a round you get HB’d to death when:

1 – You have no cooldowns to counter CC’s/mitigate damage
2 – You have no energy to dodge
3 – You’re just bad

All the examples given of how “overpowered” HB is purely situational itself. I play a warrior and I don’t even run a GS spec. It sucks for PvP imo. Plus they’re ridiculously easy to take down.

in PvP

Nimraphel.7819

100blades is NOT a problem.

Competitive teams don’t utilize Warriors. Fredwz is the only high-ranked warrior to break through at competitive level, and part of that is arguably because he’s the team captain (no negativity towards Fredwz, but all other teams forego the use of warriors).

100Blades Warriors will of course have an impact in a zerging chaotic 8v8 sPvP match in which more people stand cluttered together, most are full glass cannon with zero stunbreakers and most people haven’t keybound dodge and instead rely on double-tap-dodging.

Do you honestly want balance to be based on that? Let’s not devolve and cater to lowest common denominator. 100Blades is weak. It’s a 4 second self-root that, against most normal builds, deal 9-12k damage fully channeled. This completely discounts the option that you might have Weakness applied or they might have Protection up.

100 Blades is rarely (if ever?) fully channeled on a person outside the Bullrush -> Frenzy every 60 seconds, and even that is avoidable, sometimes even 100% avoidable, with a well-timed dodge or a stunbreaker + dodge.

And to the person mentioning Bola’s immobilize: It is easily countered. It’s called Condition removal and/or Stun/daze/knockdown on the Warrior. You might want to use it. Outside of condition removal – since you seem unaware of it – I can, off the top of my head, mention the following counters:

Mesmer:
Hard Counters: Blink, Diversion, Distortion, Signet of Domination, Mantra of Concentration, Mantra of Distraction, Decoy (only vs. Bull Rush, not Bola), Blurred Frenzy, Phase Retreat, Illusionary Wave.
Soft Counters: Moa Bird (He will get 1 sec off of 100b), Phantasmal Defender (he will do 50% dmg, aka 1s worth).

Rangers:
Hard Counters: Lightning Reflexes, Protect Me, Rampage as One (most likely the warrior, if smart, won’t even try going at you for 20s+ straight due to the insanely long Stability), Counter Attack.
Soft Counters: Signet of Renewal (if used asap it’ll remove all your conditions), Hilt Bash (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Concussive Shot (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Point Blank Shot (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Stalker’s Strike (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Hornet’s Sting (hardcounter /w stunbreaker).

I can go on. Guardians and Elementalists would require alot of time to start listing due to the inane amount of counters they have. Engineers also have it easy vs. 100 blades, with several knockdowns, evasion, permanent uptime on Vigor etc… Necros? Any necro worth their Salt will have Death Shroud and/or Spectral Armor for stunbreaker + damage reduction. Thieves have several ways of avoiding it as well (don’t even get me started on LDB bunker Thieves). The ultimate paradox? 100b Warrior’s easiest target is other 100b Warriors.

As I said, I can go on. However, I think (hope!) you see my point. Pulling off a 100b combo arguably requires all 3 utility slots + an elite skill if you want to do it succesfully and to even mild effect. Even then, most classes have hard-counters to it.

Why is it some people – usually of average skill at best, no offence – want to nerf already impotent abilities that are easily countered? Why do you want a single-button counter to a combo requiring immense sacrifices to set up? Why are you so hellbent intent on kittening the already weakest class (along with Ranger) in high-level tournament pvp? 8v8 is not an indication of balance. It should never be the yardstick for balance. It should never have any impact on balancing.

(edited by Nimraphel.7819)

in PvP

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

So if the ability is already worthless/useless/weak, so easily countered, then that must mean that nobody builds around it any more. It’s a non-skill like the Elementalist skill Shatterstone. That must also mean that nobody will then mind if it gets nerfed, right?

OH WAIT, no, it’s not like that at all.

Either it’s so bad that nerfs to it are irrelevant and thus not worth arguing over or the people who are saying it’s awful are wrong about its effectiveness.

in PvP

Dual.8953

So if the ability is already worthless/useless/weak, so easily countered, then that must mean that nobody builds around it any more. It’s a non-skill like the Elementalist skill Shatterstone. That must also mean that nobody will then mind if it gets nerfed, right?

Either it’s so bad that nerfs to it are irrelevant and thus not worth arguing over or the people who are saying it’s awful are wrong about its effectiveness.

Or it could be that that the skill has high potential, but the cost to tap that potential is so high that it’s not viable as a way to deal high damage in anything above beginner level play.
HB can hit very hard, the trick of it is any player that understands stunbreaks and dodging can evade the skill and counter it.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

Nice false dichotomy, bro.

in PvP

Nimraphel.7819

You’ve obviously not understood a word of what I’ve read. I won’t waste time reiterating what I’ve already written, so I suggest you go and reread it.
However, I will emphasize the essentials:

• Hundred Blades is excellent for capitalizing on enemy ineptitude – be it lack of basic dodging skills or lack of stunbreakers.
  • Hundred Blades is useful once every minute when frenzy is up. It can still be countered by an insane amount of abilities, boons and skills, and it leaves the warrior extremely vulnerable. 15k Backstabs are common during a frenzy.

Again, it baffles – and slightly disturbs me – that you’re completely negating reality and the – inconceivable, right? – option that perhaps you just need to have one single kitten stunbreaker ready to completely counter a gimmicky Warrior build. Last I checked stunbreakers were all sub-60 seconds cooldown.

It’s effective against bad players. It’s extremely cumbersome and ineffective against people with average skill and intellect. There is a reason Warrior is not seeing use in competitive play. There is a reason Warrior is pretty much non-existant in paid tournaments.
It capitalizes on killing glass cannons who has no stunbreakers, evasion, skills or awareness. It gets mauled when facing proper opposition.

Again, I urge you to reread and understand the posts advocating against 100b nerf in this thread. Many of them are succinct, rooted in reality other than 8v8 hotjoin and reasonable. The nerfs, on the other hand, seem to scream for a single-button counter to a combination requiring 3 utility skills and an elite skill. It’s frankly disturbing how all the advocates for nerfing seem unwilling to equip stunbreak(ers) and negate it.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

You don’t nerf something that’s balanced. That’s just it. Getting caught by HB isn’t the end of the world.. unless you have 50% HP in which ANY BURST should kill you regardless.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Jsx.6057

Jsx.6057

HB is pretty awesome at PvE.

And yeah I’d be pretty mad too getting oneskilled because I don’t have stunbreakers equipped.

Oh wait.

in PvP

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

snippy snip

I’m mostly just sarcastically pointing out that many people, yourself included, are being a bit overly-dramatic about defending the skill. The thread started out with people saying it was merely balanced, but then others stepped in apparently trying to convince us that it sucks when it quite clearly doesn’t.

You yourself, after pointing out that nobody used warriors in high-level play, called it “weak”, implied it had low damage and then went into a tirade about the multitudinous counters to it that absolutely everyone has and finished by calling it “impotent”. It certainly sounds a lot like you’re trying to convince us that it sucks. It’s a little ridiculous.

The one thing I wasn’t kidding about is that nobody would shed a tear if Shatterstone was nerfed. Having it is already a lot like not having a skill at all, so making it worse wouldn’t change a thing.

(edited by MrQuizzles.6823)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

You cannot compare thief’s pistol whip to 100B.

A thief has teleports built into their weapon kit, allowing them to teleport directly onto an opponent and pistol whip them. Pistol whip has a built-in stun that locks the target in place and forces them to eat the attack. Pistol whip makes the thief evade for the whole duration, so they do not take any damage during the animation.

A warrior has to use up utility skills to do the same thing as a thief, which is severely limiting. Bull’s rush must be used to gap-close to the target (40 second cooldown). 100B is a 3.5 second channel with the strongest hit at the very end of the animation, so Frenzy (60 second cooldown) is required to do any damage with 100B or else the opponent would simply walk away. While the warrior is in frenzy, the warrior receives 50% amplified damage, making them extremely fragile. That leaves the warrior with only one utility skill open.

A warrior must sacrifice a lot to make 100B work, while a thief can remain as flexible as ever. There is no comparison. WoW veterans here understand the saying, “Don’t stand in the fire” right? 100B is an almost 4 second channel. Don’t. Stand. In. The. 100B.

(edited by zone.1073)

in PvP

Dual.8953

You cannot compare thief’s pistol whip to 100B.

A thief has teleports built into their weapon kit, allowing them to teleport directly onto an opponent and pistol whip them. Pistol whip has a built-in stun that locks the target in place and forces them to eat the attack. Pistol whip makes the thief evade for the whole duration, so they do not take any damage during the animation.

A warrior has to use up utility skills to do the same thing as a thief, which is severely limiting. Bull’s rush must be used to gap-close to the target (40 second cooldown). 100B is a 3.5 second channel with the strongest hit at the very end of the animation, so Frenzy (60 second cooldown) is required to do any damage with 100B or else the opponent would simply walk away. While the warrior is in frenzy, the warrior receives 50% amplified damage, making them extremely fragile. That leaves the warrior with only one utility skill open.

A warrior must sacrifice a lot to make 100B work, while a thief can remain as flexible as ever. There is no comparison.

Pistol Whip is infinitely safer and easier to use the HB, but you kinda make PW sound insanely strong when it actually has lower DPS then Auto-Attack.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Pistol Whip is infinitely safer and easier to use the HB, but you kinda make PW sound insanely strong when it actually has lower DPS then Auto-Attack.

Someone complained about why pistol whip damage got nerfed and not 100B.

There was a time when pistol whip damage was equal to 100B. With all of the built-in teleports, stuns, and evasions within the thief’s basic weapon abilities, you can clearly see how problematic that was.

in PvP

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

I noticed you hit him for 1.3k with bullrush and your autoattack for 2-3k. In other words, that guy is a HORRIBLE example if you are tryin to “prove” 100b is OP. He’s as weak as he can possibly be. I hit a rabbit in WvW for 1mil with stomp, should that be nerfed too? Its like a grown man in his prime punching a small child and people exclaiming that he is the most powerful man alive. Find builds that AREN’T glasscannons. I have actually taken 3 full 100b on my full toughness warrior. I was barely below 25% lol.

[Edited by a moderator with the reason: Accusing other users as “trolls” violates our forum code of conduct]

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: nightshark.9873

nightshark.9873

I’ve been playing a warrior for 500 hours now and yeah, when I first started playing one I went all out crazy on a 100b frenzy/endure build. And you know what – it was crap. Other than the few clueless newbs who just stood there and took the whole 100b and whirlwind attack, more often than not it resulted in almost immediate death once endure pain was down and barely touching my opponent.

Now when I encounter a 100b warrior myself I already know what to expect and they rarely put a scratch on me. They really don’t need nerfing.

in PvP

Nimraphel.7819

I’m mostly just sarcastically pointing out that many people, yourself included, are being a bit overly-dramatic about defending the skill. The thread started out with people saying it was merely balanced, but then others stepped in apparently trying to convince us that it sucks when it quite clearly doesn’t.

As opposed to the not-at-all overly dramatic people crying incessantly for nerfs, oblivious to common sense, reason and facts?

Alas, it does suck. There’s a reason you don’t see 100blades in anything even remotely competitive. There’s a reason you pretty much don’t see any warriors at all, except for Fredwz, who is, conveniently, team-captain.

The reason people are defending the skill is not “just” because of any affection towards the skill itself – at least not for me, I can only speak for myself. OP has made two threads about this and there has generally been occasional whine about HB ever since release. All that whine has always been completely unfounded, based on faulty situational examples and completely disregarded any and all of the multitudinal counters to HB. It’s essentially glass cannon builds complaining that they can’t go without stunbreakers, toughness, vitality and that they actually sometimes have to dodge.

What disturbs me even more is the utter basic lack of self-insight these people exhibit. Backstab for 15k on HB warrior in Frenzy? Sure! 13k Fire Grab? Np! 10k Pistol Whip? Bring it! 11k Shatter combo? No worries bro! 20k Engineer burst with throw wrench+analyze+overcharged shot+rifle-turret gadget+hip shot in 2 seconds? 15+ bleeds + 6k direct damage from QZ SB Ranger? I could name even more, which would present a whole list of new weaknesses a HB warrior accepts in order to pull of the gimmicky combo.
This further underlines another important point that the whiners seem oblivious to: PvP does not exist in a vacuum. It’s rarely 1v1 (incidentally, HB Warrior is amongst the weakest 1v1 builds), and if the team focuses the HB Warrior he goes down extremely fast. HB is glass. It cannot survive even mild pressure during Frenzy. If focused from the start, chances are the warrior won’t be able to Frenzy in the first place at all.

Saying the defense is “overly dramatic” is pretty rich considering how you worded your own previous statement. Coupled with the zeal of which OP and others cry and whine for nerfs for one of the weakest burst skills (name one other burst/high-damage skill demanding active use of all 3 utility slots + elite slot to actually work to useful effect) for one of the absolutely weakest classes, well…. Get a perspective, mate. HB is, being very generous, merely decent.

You yourself, after pointing out that nobody used warriors in high-level play, called it “weak”, implied it had low damage and then went into a tirade about the multitudinous counters to it that absolutely everyone has and finished by calling it “impotent”. It certainly sounds a lot like you’re trying to convince us that it sucks. It’s a little ridiculous.

Again, you have obviously not read what I wrote. Or you don’t want to read what I wrote, either of which is beyond ridiculous since it, apparently, doesn’t stop you from continuing the crusade against HB.
I listed a scenario – widely acknowledged, too – in which HB is excellent (8v8 hotjoin vs. full glass no defensive utilities and low-skill opponents). Outside of that it is impotent, as god knows how many have pointed out. I even listed counters – and could list many, many more – that are widely available to everyone. I emphasized the point that most no/low-skill glass cannons don’t pick those skills because they are simply not playing intelligently or utilizing viable PvP builds. HB capitalizes on that.

To reiterate my point: Such a scenario is not ever a good yardstick for balancing. Nor should it ever be. I trust – perhaps naively – that you can see the reason in this. If not, then dear lord there’s little hope for s/tPvP if lowest common denominator dictates balance based on whim and is completely oblivious to sensible arguments.

nobody would shed a tear if Shatterstone was nerfed. Having it is already a lot like not having a skill at all.

That I can, to some extent, agree on. However, Elementalist is in a great place right now. It’s an integral part of the current meta, it’s one of the most widely utilized and viable professions right now, and it has alot of options. iQ build is arguably stronger than any Guardian bunker available, it’s the prime Treb-counter, it’s one of the best node-fighters. Ele is in a great place. While that doesn’t mean it deserves revision where appropriate, it does mean that at least it has other very viable options. Some other professions are sadly not as fortunate.

in PvP

Nimraphel.7819

To further illustrate the point about Frenzy’s vulnerability (also notice the guy running into Churning Earth towards the end of the video; perfectly illustrates why the average 8v8 hotjoin player shouldn’t dictate balance): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi-8NymXOtU

And against a non-frenzied target (notice how he has Protection and Shocking Aura up throughout the entire combo and how they are chained to his invulnerability for securing the stomp. Note also that he doesn’t have Bolt to the Heart there):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBFiyigIm6g

… I’d argue that burst is more – and infinitely better – than a HB warrior can ever really hope to consistently achieve in current state of the game. However, you do not see me calling for nerfs on this. It is hotjoin against bad, no/low-skilled non-responsive people and the build is gimmicky, just like HB.

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.9510

QtHman.9510

All these noobs here crying about 100b when 90% of em do 8v8 go do some paid tourneys and get good at the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

All these noobs here crying about 100b when 90% of em do 8v8 go do some paid tourneys and get good at the game.

This a million times.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

“Hundred Blades is not okay.” – Agree. They should only be 99!

Now seriously, it’s easy to avoid. Big damage, big risk.

PS: I don’t have any Warrior, so opinion is not biased.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Rangers:
Hard Counters: Lightning Reflexes, Protect Me, Rampage as One (most likely the warrior, if smart, won’t even try going at you for 20s+ straight due to the insanely long Stability), Counter Attack.
Soft Counters: Signet of Renewal (if used asap it’ll remove all your conditions), Hilt Bash (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Concussive Shot (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Point Blank Shot (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Stalker’s Strike (hardcounter /w stunbreaker), Hornet’s Sting (hardcounter /w stunbreaker).

Yes Rangers can have all these counters available on demand and they are all on a shorter CD than HB right?

There really is no reliable counter like you suggest- a Ranger may have one or two of those options in a build and the shortest CD is Lightning reflexes if traited 36 sec CD-but it doesn’t break immobilize which is what most smart players hit a ranger with, not to mention that if you are stunned you can’t use most of the “counters” you list anyway!

At any rate the point is not HB, the point is high burst in spvp is boring-whether it is HB, spammed PW, mesmer-burst or whatever. Getting killed in 2 secs even when running high toughness is not fun gameplay; even in a game like WoW the only time this happened was against twinks. The great thing about GW2 spvp is that we have a level playing field, however, these one-shot wonder builds really bring down the feel and enjoyability of the game.

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

Quickness is a broken mechanic and has no place in PvP. They should remove it.
It makes abilities like hundred blades OP.

Surrender is not an option!