I'm done.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

As an FYI to Evan, I think that there is something seriously wrong with the algorithm after this morning.

This morning, as a full pug group, I faced a 4made twice in a row. They were good players. If I had a full premade, it would have been a helluva fight. As it wasn’t though, my team got leveled. I was able to hold 1v1s on points, but typically only until they inc’d on me and I’d lose the cap, or just get straight ganked out. So, pretty sure I lost both those matches in the 500-150 range. I also lost 2 points for those games, which seems absurd. Even an average 4made will easily beat a full pug that handily, if not worse. You can look at the match history this morning, they were the last two games I played before posting this.

I can’t reconcile how your algorithm expects anything better than a 50-500 loss in the circumstances I experienced this morning.

I guess thanks, because I realized that I’d rather go hit the gym than get farmed all morning, but I’m fairly confident that you probably don’t want that mentality to become too prevalent. I’d imagine that you’d actually like players playing your game, but hey, I’m not a developer.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

First of all…what do the stats show in terms of your prediction algorithm for premades versus soloqers?

Based on my anecdotal evidence, I think an algorithm COULD help balance teams with premades of no more than 2 players. However, I can’t remember being in a game where a FULL premade lost to full soloqers…except maybe 1 or 2 times.

Either way, I suspect your algorithm would still be guessing and be not much better than 50/50 at predicting the outcome.

Think about it…what’s more powerful than having an entire team on TS?

How can an algorithm tell if this is the case with a premade or not?

What if the premade is made up of experienced players, but ones that don’t have a lot of ranked PvP action to have an accurate MMR?

The number of variables to account for in a premade versus soloq matchup is too tough for ANY algorithm to accurately handle.

Thus, it brings up the point I’ve raised previously….WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ALLOW PREMADES TO FACE SOLOs?

At one time, it obviously made no sense because Anet didn’t allow it. Now, all of sudden, they think it makes sense?

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I think that is the problem SPESHAL. Not all premades are equal. The ones that are highly organised and on TS etc. end up smashing solos because their MMR isn’t adjusted enough but you also get groups of friends who are grouped up who maybe have their MMR adjusted too much and then solos wreck them. There is no single formula that can correctly match up a premade against a solo group.

On a side not I actually have a better points per game since the change to the system but I still understand the complaints from all these other solo queuers who are losing points for matches they have no chance at winning so I would like to see some tweaks here and there.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

premades (5man) vs premades(5 man). solo queue vs solo queue. how is it hard to implement?

look at your guild wars 1. team arena versus random arena. hard to implement?

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

premades (5man) vs premades(5 man). solo queue vs solo queue. how is it hard to implement?

I have a feeling they merged queues because of the lack of PvP population and to reduce queue times.

One wonders, however, if this only drives more people away from PvP…

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

I had just gotten into pvp a few weeks before the queus got combined, and I complained about the merge quite a bit in posts at the time. Along with having to stay in HotM while queuing, and class dailies, I think solo vs premades turned away a large portion of the population-the median group between the diehards and casuals, those who were more likely to solo then look for a team and still play several matches a day. They probably have metrics saying it has increased pvp participation because a large number of very casual players probably will hotjoin for the easy dailies, but the pvp experience got ruined imo. When you queue up for four or five matches solo and you run into the same premades two or three times or see the same four or five names switching between teams in every match, I think you can tell not many people are playing.

Anyway, I’m not done, but I am discouraged u current system.

(edited by Mister Stygian.2135)

I'm done.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

It definitely feels like there’s more people PvPing now than at launch, but I wonder if that has more to do with the lack of the Living Story than anything else. With the lapse of PvE content, a lot of once-hardcore PvE players find themselves doing more PvP than before just to stay involved (as well as PvP now helpful in getting tokens for the dungeoneer title)

Also, hey.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

So can we get ranked solo queue back?

Or nah?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

THIS is how it should be.
No match-making algorithm can compensate for this.

Sigh. Why doesn’t the PvP Dev get this? Too stubborn? Doesn’t play competitive sPvP?

PS- GW1 was one if not THE best PvP MMO. If our sPvP Dev doesn’t know what to do, just ask the original gW1 Devs. Or buy a copy and go see for himself. The Game is still around….
Geeeez.

(edited by Bio Flame.4276)

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Atronach.6832

Atronach.6832

It’s funny, back in gw1, there were Random Areas (solo queue) and Team Arenas made SEPERATELY! I see ArenaNet still hasn’t fixed that yet. PvP still seems to be neglected badly when they had a good base to build off of from gw1, but whatever i guess lol.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Goldberg.4831

Goldberg.4831

I have a feeling they merged queues because of the lack of PvP population and to reduce queue times.

One wonders, however, if this only drives more people away from PvP…

I think in the long run, Yes it will drive people away, show up in a group or don’t pvp. Anytime you limit choices is not a good thing.

So I think that is your best solution, premade queues, & solo queues. It gives your player base a choice, and I believe it would also make for more competitive matches.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Hurray And Stuff.6785

Hurray And Stuff.6785

@ Atronach.6832, Bio Flame.4276, alcopaul.2156, and Goldberg.4831

Just remember that the RA system was subject to abuse while successful RA teams eventually had to play against TA groups. And that when they removed TA from the game one of the reasons cited was its dwindling numbers. So queue times actually did in part kill team play in the original.

I do think you’re right though, in suggestion that they separate ranked play into solo and group queues. Though it would likely increase the queue times and make queuing up for ranked play as a group pretty arduous if not impossible. For the sake of competition it only makes sense to have a level playing field, and no algorithm will be able to effectively quantify the communication advantage. Especially when it can’t know if they’re using voice chat or not.

I think League of Legends still allows duos to play in the solo ranked ladder. And that doesn’t seem to have stopped League from becoming a very popular game. Would most of you guys prefer it be straight solo or five man groups? Or would people accept duos joining the solo ranked ladder in order to help fill up matches?

Groups can always go unranked or if they’re more competitive organize matches against other teams as they do for GvG. How about revisiting automated tournaments?

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

I think people are vastly over-estimating the current queue and its effect on there pvp success overall. I played a lot in the old solo queue besides the very best players and people who gamed the systems by synch queuing most people won around half there games which seems to be about the common experience now. If you think the merged queues are keeping most of you from breaking out into super stardom you are sadly mistaken imo. Things do tend to even out over time for everything but facing full premades. If you are facing a three man group for example odds are you will benefit from a three man group on your side versus all solo in the future.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: CooloutAC.3451

CooloutAC.3451

IMO< the reason why they didn’t separate team qeues and solo’s in gw2, is because all the cheating sync droppers undermined that effort in gw1. They totally ruined the random qeues in gw1, and eventually the playerbase. So rather only let cheaters have the advantage they probably just decided to allow group qeues in both unranked and ranked game modes, call it for what it will be, regardless, because most of the community will do it anyways by syncing.

Because Unfortunately, I guess there is no way to stop people on voice chat, counting down when to to click join at the same time. OR effectively penalize people who just quit a match if not sync’d with a teamate or what they feel is a good enough team, who try again until they are, without punishing those who lose their connection legitimately. I understand the frustration myself and its a real shame.

This is a problem in all online games though. The truth of the matter is, the more people that are playing, the better any matchmaking system will be.

I think the practice mode is the hardest pvp game mode. Ranked is second hardest. unranked is the easiest. I take my beatings in practice mode until I win one. Then i go to unranked. If i get on a streak in unranked. I then go to ranked. I’m a total noob but getting better.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Currently the ladder is a ‘beta’ season. We are testing numbers, but this is not the feature complete design. This means things are missing that will be included later.

Wait what?

If the ladder is not feature complete… that means we’re alpha testing this PvP stuff?

this isn’t even a beta test yet (regardless of what you guys try to name it.)

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Currently the ladder is a ‘beta’ season. We are testing numbers, but this is not the feature complete design. This means things are missing that will be included later.

Wait what?

If the ladder is not feature complete… that means we’re alpha testing this PvP stuff?

You can call it alpha, beta delta, carta, sigma, gamma rays. The point is it is not complete and they have never made it a secret that it was just testing. I think a lot of people would be happier having some input into the leaderboard than a half baked non beta, alpha, delta, carta, sigma, gamma rays, then again people on the forums are never happy so it doesn’t matter.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

Hey everyone guess what?

This game is not gw1.

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Wait what?

Sad We all got Juke buying a game that wasnt complete/finish even after 3years ,
We are still in a BETA TESTING SOME PVP MODE..
This game state was better at Release with the Free Tournament/Paid tournament.
(that included Gem reward,Qp points on a ladder system, etc.)

To be honest id rather have no leaderboard with no rewards, compared to what we have here.
We cant even know anymore if ‘’Glory shinning piece/llama’’ was from a Tournament or farm.

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

I'm done.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

If you think the merged queues are keeping most of you from breaking out into super stardom you are sadly mistaken imo.

I’m not really concerned about that. I just want to have a good time when I PvP, and part of that comes down to knowing I’m playing even/fair matches.

Being put up against premades is not fun, and it’s not a design choice in the spirit of fair competition. If this is the way things are going to be here on out, I accept that, but the “odds of victory” are out of whack.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I think I’m done with PVP for awhile, actually. It’ll be hard to ween myself off, but it’s just not fun anymore. If losing is not fun, and that’s what is going to happen 80% of the time in a game mode now… What’s the point of it?

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

This is really crazy! I had a long brake from GW2, but back when I was active, I was mostly solo queuing for team ranked matches (mostly because of better reward system). Most of the time matches were interesting, but sometimes we got destroyed by good premades. That did not matter because I knew there was a good chance of that to happen.

Back then I was always in top 500-1000 (team leaderboards) without even trying hard, just playing for fun.

Now I am back for 10 days and now I did cca. 100 matches, and guess what, I managed to get whole 10 rank points with w/l ratio of 48% (it was around 60% before, but lately matchmaking luck was not in my favor). I never managed to get more than 10 rank points overall. Losing points for getting destroyed by good premades where you can see dragon finishers popping everywhere.

It’s not that I care so much about leaderboards, but this is just stupid. Can’t progress at all, especially when matchmaking system put me with players dying to Svanir and leaving capped points to wander around and on top of that we are fighting premades. I was really trying to stay positive and keep trying, but it’s not working at all. I’ll just forget about leaderboards and try to play for fun like before while trying to not lose my nerves when seeing so many stupid things players can do.

(edited by choban.9027)

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I’m done too. Burnt out :/

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Where newbies dictate which team to win in pvp, let’s all just forget about pvp rank and treat it as a slaughtering ground with no aim to win.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

@ Atronach.6832, Bio Flame.4276, alcopaul.2156, and Goldberg.4831

Just remember that the RA system was subject to abuse while successful RA teams eventually had to play against TA groups. And that when they removed TA from the game one of the reasons cited was its dwindling numbers. So queue times actually did in part kill team play in the original.

I do think you’re right though, in suggestion that they separate ranked play into solo and group queues. Though it would likely increase the queue times and make queuing up for ranked play as a group pretty arduous if not impossible. For the sake of competition it only makes sense to have a level playing field, and no algorithm will be able to effectively quantify the communication advantage. Especially when it can’t know if they’re using voice chat or not.

snip

(emphasis is mine)

Exactly!
There’s no way any algorithm will be able to level a playing field with Random vs Team fights.
Not possible.

I wish the PvP Dev would accept that, change and move on.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Again,

I’m onboard to say: Please bring back SOLO QUE.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I play ranked solo q cus it gives more xp and rewards n stuff. I dont even know what my leaderboard rank or whatever is and dont care that much. I have noticed now that I am starting to face pre made teams with myself and 4 pugs almost every match now.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Even if there is no solo que, the leaderboard should at least be separated for solo and team performance

I'm done.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

I play ranked solo q cus it gives more xp and rewards n stuff. I dont even know what my leaderboard rank or whatever is and dont care that much. I have noticed now that I am starting to face pre made teams with myself and 4 pugs almost every match now.

The reward track/xp gained in ranked and unranked are the same.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Hey, I got an idea on how Anet can fix this. Just don’t have any published leaderboards and/or organized contests for pvp. That would take care of the problem.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

I'm done.

in PvP

CooloutAC.3451

Its bad enough they have all those top player purple orb scoreboard stats, that they are too scared to put it up on a real scoreboard, afraid people will be crying. When in fact the opposite is true. Now you want to remove leaderboards? You think thats going to stop premades rage quitting noobs? That will happen regardless.

But putting up a real scoreboard with k/d and all those other structured pvp stats , would attract more players. The more stats the better.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

IMO< the reason why they didn’t separate team qeues and solo’s in gw2, is because all the cheating sync droppers undermined that effort in gw1. They totally ruined the random qeues in gw1, and eventually the playerbase. So rather only let cheaters have the advantage they probably just decided to allow group qeues in both unranked and ranked game modes, call it for what it will be, regardless, because most of the community will do it anyways by syncing.

Because Unfortunately, I guess there is no way to stop people on voice chat, counting down when to to click join at the same time. OR effectively penalize people who just quit a match if not sync’d with a teamate or what they feel is a good enough team, who try again until they are, without punishing those who lose their connection legitimately. I understand the frustration myself and its a real shame.

This is a problem in all online games though. The truth of the matter is, the more people that are playing, the better any matchmaking system will be.

I think the practice mode is the hardest pvp game mode. Ranked is second hardest. unranked is the easiest. I take my beatings in practice mode until I win one. Then i go to unranked. If i get on a streak in unranked. I then go to ranked. I’m a total noob but getting better.

Syncing wasn’t so bad in GW1, as GW2 sPvP is bad at the moment. Actually I see invisible hackers in GW2 more often that sync in GW1.

It easily done with creating two separate 10 man pools with random deviation of several seconds, then randomly mixing them with each other and randomly creating the teams. Simple as cake, you only need twice of people for creating match without sync in sPvP. I don’t think that somebody could achieve 20 people online well coordinated to abuse that system, not like 4 people in GW1 RA.

Ah! They have their precious MMR to keep most people at 50/50 winrate, forget it.

(edited by Yakez.7561)

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Albaraa.1635

Albaraa.1635

Hey, I got an idea on how Anet can fix this. Just don’t have any published leaderboards and/or organized contests for pvp. That would take care of the problem.

This would completely kill pvp…

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

This would completely kill pvp…

And this would be a bad thing?….I mean it’s not even esport worthy.

I'm done.

in PvP

wwwes.1398

just an update because it’s fun… before “leaderboard update” friday, ~46% win rate, after friday, ~16% win rate

Nah, nothing changed, it’s just a coincidence

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

just an update because it’s fun… before “leaderboard update” friday, ~46% win rate, after friday, ~16% win rate

Nah, nothing changed, it’s just a coincidence

What did the change? I only pvp’d for a bit Saturday and I lost more games then usual but I still came out with positive points.

I'm done.

in PvP

wwwes.1398

They didn’t say they changed anything. But I’m not the only one who has noticed a big difference between now and then.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

3 days ago I was 178-155, 53.45% win rate

now I’m 203-195, meaning I’ve gone 25-40 in the last 3 days (38% win rate). The terrible rotations, the completely getting cleaved out in seconds, the ridiculously dumb builds, I’ve seen so many horrible things. I’m losing points hand-over-fist because my teams get annihilated then call gg and stop playing.

I have no idea what the hell happened but I’m so ready to quit pvp altogether right now.

(edited by Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217)

I'm done.

in PvP

Phineas Poe.3018

Just do unranked. It’s actually better these days. People are less inclined to run cheese builds.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

I'm done.

in PvP

CooloutAC.3451

Syncing wasn’t so bad in GW1, as GW2 sPvP is bad at the moment. Actually I see invisible hackers in GW2 more often that sync in GW1.

It easily done with creating two separate 10 man pools with random deviation of several seconds, then randomly mixing them with each other and randomly creating the teams. Simple as cake, you only need twice of people for creating match without sync in sPvP. I don’t think that somebody could achieve 20 people online well coordinated to abuse that system, not like 4 people in GW1 RA.

Ah! They have their precious MMR to keep most people at 50/50 winrate, forget it.

not so bad? the playerbase totally died. It got so bad, that if tried to join a solo (random) arena, you couldn’t even get a match started. I would literally go 10 qeues in a row, where someone quits the match before it starts, and would have to do it all over again. Sometimes i just gave up trying to even get a match started man…. I gave up and quit the game eventually it got so bad, Because i coudln’t even play a match if I wanted to…

I'm done.

in PvP

Yakez.7561

not so bad? the playerbase totally died. It got so bad, that if tried to join a solo (random) arena, you couldn’t even get a match started. I would literally go 10 qeues in a row, where someone quits the match before it starts, and would have to do it all over again. Sometimes i just gave up trying to even get a match started man…. I gave up and quit the game eventually it got so bad, Because i coudln’t even play a match if I wanted to…

Playerbase died because of other game you know. I think this game was GW2, who promised good competitive PvP and PvE with jumping and non-scripted events. I haven’t seen any of this problems in GW1 before GW2 release.

5-10 queues on RA was normal for GW1 even in 2006-2007 in non prime-time. If you don’t like leavers you could always switch to healer build. Ah… remember my surprise Dervish healer))) And after dishonorable debuff implementing only noobs were leaving. Maybe we had different experience because I played on EU and you on America?

Anyway there is NO EXCUSE in competitive mode for 4vs5, premade vs solo, and as result team with VOIP against team without VOIP. But all this kitten getting typical player with meta glass build and zero map tactic to 50/50 winrate, good for balancing, Anet balancing. It is funny how game try hard to return you to 50/50 when you go for bunker builds and use tactic to win more games.

Won 10 games in a row? Here you go 5 matches against premades with solo team. You are welcome to enjoy our game, thanks!

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The problem is that we do not see the plan. I hope it exists but at the moment we have beta after beta and all are really bad

I'm done.

in PvP

Yakez.7561

The problem is that we do not see the plan. I hope it exists but at the moment we have beta after beta and all are really bad

I don’t think that Anet have any good plan except lore. They are not Cylons)))

Since 2005 they were bad in balancing and planning. They got GW1 in dead end with 90 class combinations. Now they in dead end with GW2 “no holy trinity” = “no support builds”, when they actually marketed “no holy trinity” = “everybody could switch to support”.

Actually lore is only good and planned side of the game.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: maxan.7836

maxan.7836

Well given my best – To long to wait in Que- Population exceeds the wait time- The wheel of fortune as to what is chosen is wrong most of the time- And why are some opposing players every where at all times – Pvp – Give me the good old days in gw1- Charge —- !! Fight or die— Cheers! and I bow before you all – And Salute those who fight and die with Honor -

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I genuinely don’t understand why you folks seem to expect to be able to queue solo and still end up high on the leaderboard. It’s a TEAM GAME fer cryin out loud, teamwork matters and of course it’ll give the side with premades an advantage!

If you are real pvp’ers with a true competitive ethos you would understand this, and either get a team or make peace with ending up not at the very top of the leaderboards. To ask that you not lose points if you got beaten by a premade is basically asking for pity points. Why on earth do you think you deserve a handicap bonus?

I’m not trying to bait or insult you, it’s a genuine question: why do you think you deserve a handicap for queueing solo? I understand that it’s frustrating to lose, I just don’t get why you think you should lose but still end up high on the leaderboard?

Personally I’m not a great player, I don’t have a regular team, but when I’m watching high level games, I want to know I’m genuinely watching the best. Not just the players with the best mechanical skill, but the ones with the best teamwork, map awareness, and co-ordination as well. Those are all valid parts of the skillset, just as big, if not bigger, a part of the game as pulling a clutch interrupt on an enemy’s heal.

If you give soloers a leaderboard handicap, then the people at the top won’t be the best in the whole range of skills that make a great GW2 player. I wouldn’t want to climb the leaderboard like that. It would cheapen the sense of achievement, and the prestige of the game. I’d rather be stuck right at the bottom and have some genuinely good players to look up to, rather than be able to get high despite losing to premades, only because losing to premades doesn’t cost me leaderboard points.

I mean come on, Evan said that you were favoured to win in your first two games – that means that the opposing team all had significantly lower average MMRs than you, even with the 5% MMR inflation you get when you’re partied up! So a bunch of mechanically less skilled players managed, through teamwork and communication, to squeeze out a victory against better players with 4,000 games experience. Doesn’t that deserve applause? Haven’t they earned their leaderboard points? Don’t you deserve a penalty for losing to less skilled players?

Besides, we saw what allowing you to not lose points if the enemy team is favoured to win gets you: the leaderboards become a farming exercise, where it doesn’t matter if you’re solo or premade, good or terrible, only how many games you played.

Anyway, I suspect you disagree with me on principle, so I doubt I’ll get you to agree to my point of view. Let me instead suggest something that’ll make your solo queueing experience better. Download Curse Voice, set up a chatroom before each game, and past the link to it in team chat when you get into a match. Anyone with a microphone and Curse Voice also installed can just click it and join, and you’ll have instant voice comms even though you’re all solo. So no more excuses: if you’re genuinely good and think you should deserve to be winning against those premades of worse players, this will level the playing field.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

I genuinely don’t understand why you folks seem to expect to be able to queue solo and still end up high on the leaderboard. It’s a TEAM GAME fer cryin out loud, teamwork matters and of course it’ll give the side with premades an advantage!

If you are real pvp’ers with a true competitive ethos you would understand this, and either get a team or make peace with ending up not at the very top of the leaderboards. To ask that you not lose points if you got beaten by a premade is basically asking for pity points. Why on earth do you think you deserve a handicap bonus?

I’m not trying to bait or insult you, it’s a genuine question: why do you think you deserve a handicap for queueing solo? I understand that it’s frustrating to lose, I just don’t get why you think you should lose but still end up high on the leaderboard?

Personally I’m not a great player, I don’t have a regular team, but when I’m watching high level games, I want to know I’m genuinely watching the best. Not just the players with the best mechanical skill, but the ones with the best teamwork, map awareness, and co-ordination as well. Those are all valid parts of the skillset, just as big, if not bigger, a part of the game as pulling a clutch interrupt on an enemy’s heal.

If you give soloers a leaderboard handicap, then the people at the top won’t be the best in the whole range of skills that make a great GW2 player. I wouldn’t want to climb the leaderboard like that. It would cheapen the sense of achievement, and the prestige of the game. I’d rather be stuck right at the bottom and have some genuinely good players to look up to, rather than be able to get high despite losing to premades, only because losing to premades doesn’t cost me leaderboard points.

I mean come on, Evan said that you were favoured to win in your first two games – that means that the opposing team all had significantly lower average MMRs than you, even with the 5% MMR inflation you get when you’re partied up! So a bunch of mechanically less skilled players managed, through teamwork and communication, to squeeze out a victory against better players with 4,000 games experience. Doesn’t that deserve applause? Haven’t they earned their leaderboard points? Don’t you deserve a penalty for losing to less skilled players?

Besides, we saw what allowing you to not lose points if the enemy team is favoured to win gets you: the leaderboards become a farming exercise, where it doesn’t matter if you’re solo or premade, good or terrible, only how many games you played.

Anyway, I suspect you disagree with me on principle, so I doubt I’ll get you to agree to my point of view. Let me instead suggest something that’ll make your solo queueing experience better. Download Curse Voice, set up a chatroom before each game, and past the link to it in team chat when you get into a match. Anyone with a microphone and Curse Voice also installed can just click it and join, and you’ll have instant voice comms even though you’re all solo. So no more excuses: if you’re genuinely good and think you should deserve to be winning against those premades of worse players, this will level the playing field.

This would make some sense if the game didn’t have solo queue for such a long time. And finding teams to play with consistently in gw2 is lol.

I'm done.

in PvP

Yakez.7561

I’m not trying to bait or insult you, it’s a genuine question: why do you think you deserve a handicap for queueing solo?

I PAYED FOR IT IN AUGUST OF 2012. As well as for queue outside of HotM. Bring me back what I bought.

If I knew how this kitten end up I never bought additional character and bag slots.

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I don’t care about leader board, the matches are just no fun any more when I solo Que. I still have about 50% win rate but it’s all one sided matches . Anyhow I went from playing 7-8 matches a day to 2-4 and find myself not even wanting to log in at all. It’s just not worth the effort to wait 5+ mins for a match only to find out you are in yet another 4 v 5.

I'm done.

in PvP

CooloutAC.3451

Playerbase died because of other game you know. I think this game was GW2, who promised good competitive PvP and PvE with jumping and non-scripted events. I haven’t seen any of this problems in GW1 before GW2 release.

5-10 queues on RA was normal for GW1 even in 2006-2007 in non prime-time. If you don’t like leavers you could always switch to healer build. Ah… remember my surprise Dervish healer))) And after dishonorable debuff implementing only noobs were leaving. Maybe we had different experience because I played on EU and you on America?

Anyway there is NO EXCUSE in competitive mode for 4vs5, premade vs solo, and as result team with VOIP against team without VOIP. But all this kitten getting typical player with meta glass build and zero map tactic to 50/50 winrate, good for balancing, Anet balancing. It is funny how game try hard to return you to 50/50 when you go for bunker builds and use tactic to win more games.

Won 10 games in a row? Here you go 5 matches against premades with solo team. You are welcome to enjoy our game, thanks!

You say it wasn’t a problem, and gw2 killed the playersbase. But I thinkt he playerbase died way before gw2. You then at the same time say 5-10 queues was normal? I think thats a problem!

I don’t know what your definition of “competitive” mode is. But even in RA, there is no excuse for that!

I think a game Like League of Legends is so popular, because they ban quitters and don’t have a computer that claim they aren’t a problem.

(edited by CooloutAC.3451)

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

at least RA was 4v4 tdm. if u had a leaver, the match only lasted a couple mins. so u lost, queue up again, and after 30 sec queue, u got to go at it again.

RA was the bees knees

I'm done.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

this constant QQ is good proof that the game is vital

<3

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”