I made a FLOWCHART for the Meta! Enjoy!

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

Another question, Aaron. How would you know it requires better rotations than any other before when you didn’t play in all the previous metas?

“Google”.

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

People, people…

You should totally start a Skype Conference and stream that!

Here, my cute rabbit of approval 4you!

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Another question, Aaron. How would you know it requires better rotations than any other before when you didn’t play in all the previous metas?

“Google”.

My guess is the old meta didn’t have 5 very mobile classes on every team. Also isn’t that kind of like saying how do we know puck movement in the NHL wasn’t as good in the 70s as it is now…. none of the current players played then but it doesn’t make it any less true or obvious.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Chaith, I have no problem with any team’s rotation tactics. I understand the strategy right now, it’s nearly aligned with out-cheesing your opponent.

I’ve read through this entire thread, and there have been points that you’ve specifically stated you need 2-3 celestials to be successful at a “top” level. Essentially, you need the sustain across the board to compete at this level, otherwise you’re going to be annoyed to death by one of the Cele users.

Question, Chaith. Why is it you’re defending this meta so heavily? Is it influenced by your earnings at WTS? It’s impossible for me to ask you to look at this from an objective standpoint, seeing as you earned however many dollars utilizing the cheese. I don’t blame you for using it, you got the W. Play to win. But, for you to run across this thread with the underlying arrogant and belittling attitude you have towards other people that don’t agree with you, is completely laughable.

If you haven’t figured it out, it looks like you’re defending what made you money. I think at this point, your voice isn’t being heard. So, unless you want to be looked at with a critical eye, I would suggest a different approach or to remain silent.

Doesn’t bug me if nobody believes me when I say: Actually, the this team runs X amulets", based on the fact that my team wins, and has 3 Cele amulets on it. I could go on about you being a GW2 old timer who’s opinion isn’t been relevant since the Jurassic period, but then I’d just be sinking to that level.

I don’t want to discuss anyone’s personal agenda. To people who have some impression that what people write in this box is to influence balance change, and defend/enable them to win cash, no, that’s weird.

I just enjoy discussing the facts on what strategies/comps are actually succeeding, capable of succeeding, and why. Also I will pretty much always speak when somebody is saying inaccurate things about what teams are running what. And the Bird of Fire’s posts are great for that, so when I pop back on the forums, I’m always busy.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

“Google”.

My guess is the old meta didn’t have 5 very mobile classes on every team.

D/D ele, mesmer running aggressive portal plays, and GS warrior was part of our team comp. We had tons of mobility.

Chaith may want to believe these 2-1-2’s are a new thing, but they’ve long since been in practice from before he was accepted on to a team. Running 0-1-4 is a completely viable strategy when played properly by a team that builds to play it. The problem with Chaith’s mindset is that the talk of nerfing cele is an exact counter to his teams strategy, so of course he feels the need to defend it. No player/team should attempt to forcibly put players in a position to play this game one way, which is what the underlying concept is.

To further sink my point…. AL vs Sync in NA Quals. AL was forcing Sync into a 0-1-4 team fight situation in which Sync wasn’t equipped for. AL knew how to team fight, and they did it better. I gave Sync the QT strat to run a 2-1-2 on Legacy, then to force small skirmishes out of spawn to prevent the regathering of a complete team fight. Sync ended up winning the NA Quals to head to Paxx in Seattle. But, alas, nobody has ever ran 2-1-2’s prior to this meta. Lul.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

Chaith, I have no
As far as calling this strategy cheese? The current 5v5 requires better rotations than any meta before… the old fashioned 1-4 was easy kitten compared to this meta.

better rotations LOL, anyone on a cele team can push a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, team fight, as long as you match numbers you’ll win. That doesn’t require any thought, or rotating the correct person to the correct fight, all your doing is having one person say “hey, i need help!” and your entire team volunteers to plus in. In any other team OR meta, if someone says “hey, I need help” it actually requires thought to take action. Seriously backpack, you think this meta has made you some rotation god?

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

Chaith, I have no problem with any team’s rotation tactics. I understand the strategy right now, it’s nearly aligned with out-cheesing your opponent.

I’ve read through this entire thread, and there have been points that you’ve specifically stated you need 2-3 celestials to be successful at a “top” level. Essentially, you need the sustain across the board to compete at this level, otherwise you’re going to be annoyed to death by one of the Cele users.

Question, Chaith. Why is it you’re defending this meta so heavily? Is it influenced by your earnings at WTS? It’s impossible for me to ask you to look at this from an objective standpoint, seeing as you earned however many dollars utilizing the cheese. I don’t blame you for using it, you got the W. Play to win. But, for you to run across this thread with the underlying arrogant and belittling attitude you have towards other people that don’t agree with you, is completely laughable.

If you haven’t figured it out, it looks like you’re defending what made you money. I think at this point, your voice isn’t being heard. So, unless you want to be looked at with a critical eye, I would suggest a different approach or to remain silent.

Doesn’t bug me if nobody believes me when I say: Actually, the this team runs X amulets", based on the fact that my team wins, and has 3 Cele amulets on it. I could go on about you being a GW2 old timer who’s opinion isn’t been relevant since the Jurassic period, but then I’d just be sinking to that level.

I don’t want to discuss anyone’s personal agenda. To people who have some impression that what people write in this box is to influence balance change, and defend/enable them to win cash, no, that’s weird.

I just enjoy discussing the facts on what strategies/comps are actually succeeding, capable of succeeding, and why. Also I will pretty much always speak when somebody is saying inaccurate things about what teams are running what. And the Bird of Fire’s posts are great for that, so when I pop back on the forums, I’m always busy.

Lol, I am an “old timer”, Chaith. And this old timer remembers how completely irrelevant you were for the first 2 years of this game. Your biggest issue? Your attitude, and your inability to rotate properly. Which is ironic really, because you happen to be defending your “godlike” rotations as of these days.

It’s no accident you became apart of a winning team the moment celestial amulet became a thing, really. I’m humble enough to admit you’ve always been a solid engineer mechanically. But, my team could always rely on you overextending and being out of position to snowball a fight. Good thing you’ve got celestial on your side, eh?

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Chaith may want to believe these 2-1-2’s are a new thing, but they’ve long since been in practice from before he was accepted on to a team. Running 0-1-4 is a completely viable strategy when played properly by a team that builds to play it. The problem with Chaith’s mindset is that the talk of nerfing cele is an exact counter to his teams strategy, so of course he feels the need to defend it. No player/team should attempt to forcibly put players in a position to play this game one way, which is what the underlying concept is.

To further sink my point…. AL vs Sync in NA Quals. AL was forcing Sync into a 0-1-4 team fight situation in which Sync wasn’t equipped for. AL knew how to team fight, and they did it better. I gave Sync the QT strat to run a 2-1-2 on Legacy, then to force small skirmishes out of spawn to prevent the regathering of a complete team fight. Sync ended up winning the NA Quals to head to Paxx in Seattle. But, alas, nobody has ever ran 2-1-2’s prior to this meta. Lul.

You look down on people, saying: “It’s a 5v5 game, stop building to be 1v1 heroes” yet they make their comp suited to winning 2-1-2 and 1-1-3.

You are going to lose that 2-1-2 split if you have a Guardian in your comp dude. Good luck to that Guardian in a 2v2 or in a 1v1. The splits aren’t new but the meta requirements to pull it off are new.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

This thread is getting juicier and juicier! Like a succulent scrumptious steak sizzling on the pan!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Chaith.8256

because you happen to be defending your “godlike” rotations as of these days.

Lmao, you use quotation marks but I do not think you know what it means. I have never claimed to be “godlike”.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

because you happen to be defending your “godlike” rotations as of these days.

Lmao, you use quotation marks but I do not think you know what it means. I have never claimed to be “godlike”.

It’s clearly an attack on your arrogant, superior, holier-than-thou attitude. It’s what you’re portraying Chaith, you don’t even have to say it directly.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

“I’m above you all.” -Queen Chaith 2014

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Chaith.8256

The “top” players right now focus on their small skirmishes and 1v1s. It nearly feels and seems as if they’re building for themselves and in a selfish way. This is a team game, and with that should mean team synergy. So, why the kitten is there a bunch of wanna-be 1v1 hero’s running around? (Rhetorical)

^If anyone has a high opinion of their plays and strategies, thinks they’ve been around the block and would beat those young whippersnappers at the top now, that’d be you, who suggested the 2-1-2 strat that imploded the universe.

If I have come across arrogant and superior sounding it wasn’t my intention, but you’re down there with me, especially after engaging me in this conversation lol

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

What a great game.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

All this e-genital flipping and face-slapping around makes me feel like right at HoTM mapchat.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

It is totally worth for me to break my “no forums” just to tell you all to go outside and do something productive, because this is the most depressing thread of the year…

It is a game for God’s sake…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

(edited by GoogleBrandon.5073)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This thread….

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

The “top” players right now focus on their small skirmishes and 1v1s. It nearly feels and seems as if they’re building for themselves and in a selfish way. This is a team game, and with that should mean team synergy. So, why the kitten is there a bunch of wanna-be 1v1 hero’s running around? (Rhetorical)

^If anyone has a high opinion of their plays and strategies, thinks they’ve been around the block and would beat those young whippersnappers at the top now, that’d be you, who suggested the 2-1-2 strat that imploded the universe.

If I have come across arrogant and superior sounding it wasn’t my intention, but you’re down there with me, especially after engaging me in this conversation lol

Can’t, friend. Currently in Korea, therefore I’m a “non-compete” for the NA scene. If you didn’t know, I’ve been here for the past 2 years (which is why our team disbanded).

I’ll be competing in EU shortly, upon my arrival in Germany. Hopefully you’re still around after this whole celestial deal. I wouldn’t miss the chance to show you what you really are. It’ll be like the old days. Stay small, Chaith.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Firebird.8324

If there were literally any other games to play right now, I would until the celestial meta is over.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

It is totally worth for me to break my “no forums” just to tell you all to go outside and do something productive, because this is the most depressing thread of the year…

It is a game for God’s sake…

I’ve been at work this entire time, so I am being productive

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Still, if you recall the original intent of this article, it is to portray the fact that teams need 3 or more celestial amulet classes (defined by the flow chart) to be “meta”.

So, if anyone can, please post possible solutions that I would be more than happy to email to Karl.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

If you haven’t seen it here is the flow chart I’ve slaved after.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Just to be fair, the original abjured comp utilized 2 celestial amulets. Rabid engi, d/p thief, carrion necro, celestal elex2. After 2 member couldn’t attend WTS, the abjured then replaced two players. After replacing 2 players the Abjured still beat every team in the world with substitutes. The roster was then changed following the WTS. Now, yes it had 3 celestial amulets. Did good fights dominate the NA scene before WTS? Yes. Before Celestial amulet was even introduced! The abjured comp is now 3/5 previous Good Fights. TBH as a berserker amulet i can 1v1 any “celestial amulet” player in this game and atleast go 50/50 win percentage. From a world champion I would advise you to rethink your team composition and tighten up on your rotations before blaming everything on a “amulet”. Also look at your individual player skill, and ask yourself do you honestly believe you can go toe to toe with players such as the Abjured and Absurd.
Now, do I believe celestial could have a few percentages shaved off the total stats? Yes. Does it need to be totally deleted? No. I believe hybrid builds should exist, although they shouldn’t be the most powerful in any stat. They should utilize defensive and offensive tactics in order to be successful. Which I believe they do well now, but could use just a little toning down(not much since I can beat them as a zerker amulet.)
~Magic Toker

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: moko.5190

moko.5190

When you make a build, you have to lose something to gain something enough said.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Just to be fair, the original abjured comp utilized 2 celestial amulets. Rabid engi, d/p thief, carrion necro, celestal elex2. After 2 member couldn’t attend WTS, the abjured then replaced two players. After replacing 2 players the Abjured still beat every team in the world with substitutes. The roster was then changed following the WTS. Now, yes it had 3 celestial amulets. Did good fights dominate the NA scene before WTS? Yes. Before Celestial amulet was even introduced! The abjured comp is now 3/5 previous Good Fights. TBH as a berserker amulet i can 1v1 any “celestial amulet” player in this game and atleast go 50/50 win percentage. From a world champion I would advise you to rethink your team composition and tighten up on your rotations before blaming everything on a “amulet”. Also look at your individual player skill, and ask yourself do you honestly believe you can go toe to toe with players such as the Abjured and Absurd.
Now, do I believe celestial could have a few percentages shaved off the total stats? Yes. Does it need to be totally deleted? No. I believe hybrid builds should exist, although they shouldn’t be the most powerful in any stat. They should utilize defensive and offensive tactics in order to be successful. Which I believe they do well now, but could use just a little toning down(not much since I can beat them as a zerker amulet.)
~Magic Toker

also to be fair, when GF dominated there was no competition whatsoever

gerdian

in PvP

Dustin.2793

~Magic Toker

Well there still isn’t any competition, your point? Sorry big boy, keep streaming your 400 pound dps guard play that no one watches.

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Also to be fair the rabid engi on Abjured was replaced with Celestial engi, and OE is now playing Celestial engi for his new team, and that new team has 3 Celestial builds as well.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in PvP

Booms.2594

~Magic Toker

Well there still isn’t any competition, your point? Sorry big boy, keep streaming your 400 pound dps guard play that no one watches.

well when theres 4 classes that are much better than all the others and you stack top 2 or so players for them onto one team yeah I wonder what will happen.

sorry if youre upset that Im trying to make somethign thats not viable work because I like to play it. But s/d thief is hard right I mean it took me like 2 hours to start owning people with my dodge spams

gerdian

in PvP

Dustin.2793

Also to be fair the rabid engi on Abjured was replaced with Celestial engi, and OE is now playing Celestial engi for his new team, and that new team has 3 Celestial builds as well.

Can’t help ppl wanna be like us

in PvP

Firebird.8324

~Magic Toker

well when theres 4 classes that are much better than all the others and you stack top 2 or so players for them onto one team yeah I wonder what will happen.

sorry if youre upset that Im trying to make somethign thats not viable work because I like to play it. But s/d thief is hard right I mean it took me like 2 hours to start owning people with my dodge spams

The crazy dodge spam is almost as unbearable as a celementalist, I hear ya there.

in PvP

Dustin.2793

~Magic Toker

I’ve won more tourneys on d/p than I’ve won on s/d. Whatever floats your boat though.
Also owning downies doesn’t count. Own a top player as your s/d then speak.

(edited by Dustin.2793)

in PvP

Booms.2594

~Magic Toker

I’ve won more tourneys on d/p than I’ve won on s/d. Whatever floats your boat though.

oh yes so you played a meta build when it was meta and now you play another meta build when its meta. ok.

gerdian

in PvP

Dustin.2793

~Magic Toker

oh yes so you played a meta build when it was meta and now you play another meta build when its meta. ok.

Mhm, and look at the old tournies, I ran a build that no one else in the game ran and still won major gw2 tournies.(its on youtube) You can try to blame my “owning everyone in the game on a specific build” all you want. The fact still remains that you, and others, are getting outplayed.

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

~Magic Toker

LOL, whats wrong with playing a meta spec? If anything it just shows your intelligent enough to not play some kitten build.. and seriously?? complaining about D/P

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Question, Toker, from your perspective, what is your solution to the celestial meta?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Celestial’s fine, especially considering the number of viable classes in the current meta in comparison to previous metas. Maybe a few stat points (20?) off the celestial amulet would help breathe more life into other specs (bring back bunker guards?), but at the end of the day a lot of the outcome of a match is still coming down to player skill and rotational knowledge.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Dustin.2793

Question, Toker, from your perspective, what is your solution to the celestial meta?

I would personally shave like 3% off the total percentage of the amulet on each stat. But of course this would be on a PTR to see how it is. Could be possible it needs to be nerfed further. I believe the physical part on celestial is a little too high. ( I can crit for up to 4800 dmg on my cele engineer). Now keep in mind I’m not an expert but I do have extensive pvp experience at top tier in multiple games. For example multiple gladiator titles in World of Warcraft and made money off of selling Rating in that game.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Ok so you shave a few points off each stat on the Celestial Amulet! Then what! Elementalists still have crazy burn uptime, still have crazy protection uptime, still have crazy condi clear, still are the only class with permanent vigor, still have crazy sustain, still can stack 25 might on their entire team! Geez louise my frands the issue obviously isn’t Celestial Amulet! Y’all cats need a dose of get good sons!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Also for anyone complaining about might stack changes affecting PvE! Thief Revealed is 4 seconds in PvP, 3 seconds in PvE/WvW! Old Dhuumfire was 4 seconds in PvE/WvW, 2 seconds in PvP! Old Monk Runes were 15% boon duration in PvE/WvW, 10% in PvP! (Hey what do you know! Anet knew boon stacking was OP as poop!) PvP only might stack change would be just swell! Wahoo!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Ok so you shave a few points off each stat on the Celestial Amulet! Then what! Elementalists still have crazy burn uptime, still have crazy protection uptime, still have crazy condi clear, still are the only class with permanent vigor, still have crazy sustain, still can stack 25 might on their entire team! Geez louise my frands the issue obviously isn’t Celestial Amulet! Y’all cats need a dose of get good sons!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Also for anyone complaining about might stack changes affecting PvE! Thief Revealed is 4 seconds in PvP, 3 seconds in PvE/WvW! Old Dhuumfire was 4 seconds in PvE/WvW, 2 seconds in PvP! Old Monk Runes were 15% boon duration in PvE/WvW, 10% in PvP! (Hey what do you know! Anet knew boon stacking was OP as poop!) PvP only might stack change would be just swell! Wahoo!

Actually Shout Warrior has perma-vigor too. But why aren’t they as broken as Ele? Because Shout Warrior even with perma vigor can get chain CC focused.

in PvP

Firebird.8324

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Actually Shout Warrior has perma-vigor too. But why aren’t they as broken as Ele? Because Shout Warrior even with perma vigor can get chain CC focused.

True, if you give it stab to it will be a near cele ele

in PvP

Booms.2594

it runs a weaponset partically for vigor so i mean the perma vigor is pretty much fine

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

This flow chart is pretty much correct. There’s a reason why Cheese Mode wins stacking double engi and why Abjured wins stacking double ele: both the classes are overpowered. Similar to how Cheese Mode and Apex used to win by stacking double warrior. I would say that instead of nerfing an amulet, it would be better to go after might stacking (ele) and also certain skills like maybe Drake’s Breath, Rifle 4 in those two specs.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

~Magic Toker

YO TOKER YOU’RE TRASH THO Kappa :^)

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

When do we get a zerk amulet needs a nerf thread after Firebird got rekt in Karma’s tournament?

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Hi, this topic is rather funny but all that aside.

Yes we hate Celestial Amulet, I also hate S/D thieve’s they farm almost every Berserker Class in the game, but having a go at our WTS Champs over running Amulet is rather stupid, seems like most of you seem to forget core of there team have been teaming up from as far back as October 2013 that’s insane amount of time to learn and trust your team mate. They have some of if not best rotations in the game, just look at Toker he is a machine always in the right place at the right time S/D aside I it doesn’t change the fact he knows what to do. Even Chaith you can say he only good cause he runs Cele Engineers but fact is he was in the top 3 Engineers before Cele became meta the other 2 Engineer’s I would pick don’t even play the game anymore.

If I was to balance Celestial Amulet, I would almost completely remove Power/Condition/Critical Damage from the Amulet leaving the sustain and might stacking alone, big reason the Amulet works so well is due to the Critical Damage scaling so well once you reach around 2k power.

I also think Ele’s have way to much sustain due to traits not Cele alone. Protection/Regen/Vigor/Swiftness/Fury. Just feels like they are getting best of everything.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Firebird.8324

When do we get a zerk amulet needs a nerf thread after Firebird got rekt in Karma’s tournament?

umm, what are you talking about man?

in PvP

SobeSoul.6910

You got rekt even if your team won.

in PvP