I need Anet to remove the 25 skill cost!!!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

I wish to declare I am in FULL support of the skill cost.
As a matter of fact, I’d take a step further and add more – 1 G &10 laurels ontop of the 25 SP cost sounds perfect. After all, they’re easily obtainable just by playing the game.
x)

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Not sure anyone suggested this yet but
Use glory and buy 25 level ups?

300k glory + 40g to obtain all the new heals. And you understand alot of us remake chars because we want to play another class because not everyone has 8 char slots.

Read before you pst. No1 wants to spend all their glory when they can turn it into gold and how long does it take to get 300k glory?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

As a matter of fact, I’d take a step further and add more – 1 G &10 laurels ontop of the 25 SP cost sounds perfect. After all, they’re easily obtainable just by playing the game.
x)

I guess you bought all 8 char slots. Alot of us havent and we like to delete our 5th char slot to make a class we dont normally play.

This game is turning into a B2P its not good.

I guess your just trolling tho so thanks but dont please.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Dumbest decision ever. What’s the stupid idea of making us pay for skills when everything in pvp is supposed to be unlocked?!

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Its hard for players who have mainly played spvp, we have heaps of glory but no gold (I have played since launch and only had 8 gold before we started getting gold for spvp games).

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that we are listening. We’re looking at a few different ways to address the time investment it currently takes to get new skills in PvP, but it’s not something we’re able to talk about quite yet.

You’ll see a drastically different system in place in our next major rewards release that should address many of your concerns.

Maybe you could make tomes of knowledge cheaper? 500 glory/10s seems a lot fairer to me than 1,5k glory and 20s. That way you’d only need 25 tomes (12.500 glory and 2,5g).

The acquisition rate of skillpoints in PvP is like PvE acquisition/10 as it is. I don’t win every match I play and only Team Arena gives like ~700 glory on win, if you even manage to get a team… Tomes are only way a PvP player can get those skillpoints without going into PvE, so please nerf the cost.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

I think 1.5k glory is perfectly fine because it requires about the time for 1 level as PVE does.

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

x)

I never troll.

I just occasionally get my point across in an unorthodox manner, normally by using indirect means of communication.

As a retired player, I fully support the idea of implementing more links between pvp and pve. As a matter of fact, I think consumables should be adjusted as to work in pvp too, along with the gear threadmill.
I mean, why not?
yolo

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think 1.5k glory is perfectly fine because it requires about the time for 1 level as PVE does.

You serious? In PvE I could get 1 level in 10 minutes (with cof switching). In PvP, the queue usually takes 5+ minutes alone, victory is not even guaranteed and you only get ~700 glory (reward chest included) when you win team arena… How is that on par with PvE? I played normal hotjoin wednesday cause I was too tired waiting for the arena pop-up and earned 1,5k glory in like 2 hours (and won nearly every game).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: exinax.2178

exinax.2178

I’m talking about normal playing, not farming without any kind of fun. I could also just spend my 300k glory to get some chars to 80 within 10 minutes.

1500 glory is not much and doesn’t last much longer than an average dungeon run.

Instead of complaining about every kittening kitten players should just get their kitten together and accept minor “problems” (which are only in their opinion) the way they are. If it’s too expensive for you, why don’t you just go back to PVE and level up your char the old fashioned way? Why so much QQ about not starting instant on 80???

(edited by exinax.2178)

in PvP

Posted by: Luvboard.3567

Luvboard.3567

x)

I never troll.

I just occasionally get my point across in an unorthodox manner, normally by using indirect means of communication.

As a retired player, I fully support the idea of implementing more links between pvp and pve. As a matter of fact, I think consumables should be adjusted as to work in pvp too, along with the gear threadmill.
I mean, why not?
yolo

you support anet forcing people to pay $30 for the extra char slots if they want to try out the new heals. Alot of people only have 5 char slots and are forced to delete 1 in order to play one of the other 3 professions.
It makes sense tho you not playing anymore and it not mattering to you. But 300k glory + 40g just to try out a new skill and If you delete your lvl 25, you just have to do it all over again or pay the $30 price tag.

Buy2Win Wars Hurray

Anet
Anet
Anet
PLEASE REMOVE THE COST UNTIL a reasonable solution becomes viable. Dont make us wait. UNLESS your actually forcing us to pay $30 to unlock char slots then PLEASE come out and say it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saying your not allowed to talk about it means its going to be awhile for ANY change. Atleast do us a solid and remove the cost until then.

in PvP

Posted by: Mank.2183

Mank.2183

No wonder ANet needed to add more ways to monopolise tpvp, you’re all such cheapskates.

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

Lucky that most of new skills are terrible anyways, otherwise I would be kitten ed if I couldn’t use them immediately. Terrible idea that is shattering the concept of PvP where you play on equal terms.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

yes, I have a PvP engineer at level 2 and a PvE Engineer at level 80. Now I have to play PvP with my PvE Engineer because the PvP Engineer in the mist can not try the new skill.

Do not like the change

So you mad because your pve engineer is not OP asura?

in PvP

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that we are listening. We’re looking at a few different ways to address the time investment it currently takes to get new skills in PvP, but it’s not something we’re able to talk about quite yet.

You’ll see a drastically different system in place in our next major rewards release that should address many of your concerns.

If you are going to release skills that are completely useless (like the Necro heal) could you at least price them accordingly? Why should I have to pay 25 skill points for a horrible skill when awesome heals like consume conditions only cost 1 or 3? (I cant remember).

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Read before you pst. No1 wants to spend all their glory when they can turn it into gold and how long does it take to get 300k glory?

Spend glory + gold = Unlock Spells
Farm glory + gold = get morey > convert to gems > buy anything from the Black market

Trade laurels for PvE gear
Or trade laurels for PvE items > gold >gems

Either this kind of <<gold sink>> , or we should try to find an other form , or you we will get pitiful amount of silvers compared to PvE

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Guys…just open the pve map and look for the blue little arrows.Even a level 10 can roam a few maps1-10 lvl to unlock 25 skills.

Why pvp players need to be such spoiled babies.Can’t kill something? Adapt? Nah omg nerf Anet.25 skill points? Pve for an hour? Nah omg Anet give us free points.

Also many other mmos make you pay for character slots unlock.Sometimes yoh only get 1 or 2 slots.

And like someone said.You can buy them with books spending glory.Pvers did not get skillpoints for free.They played pve for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

Guys…just open the pve map and look for the blue little arrows.Even a level 10 can roam a few maps1-10 lvl to unlock 25 skills.

Why pvp players need to be such spoiled babies.Can’t kill something? Adapt? Nah omg nerf Anet.25 skill points? Pve for an hour? Nah omg Anet give us free points.

Also many other mmos make you pay for character slots unlock.Sometimes yoh only get 1 or 2 slots.

And like someone said.You can buy them with books spending glory.Pvers did not get skillpoints for free.They played pve for it.

What if I told you I play 8 professions and need to get 200 skill points ? Hella fun right ? Especially for my PvP only chars on lvl 1.

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Its hard for players who have mainly played spvp, we have heaps of glory but no gold (I have played since launch and only had 8 gold before we started getting gold for spvp games).

Didn’t check what you needed for those level ups, only heard from guildies that they needed glory. My mistake

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I’d like to see more skills to be unlocked, but at a lower cost and perhaps account bound. I never got to play GW1, but everyone tells me it was awesome for pvp and that a similar system was used there.

At the current cost if more skills are released, which I guess is the plan, it seems like it will be too expensive. For any GW1 players, do you think the cost/time of getting a skill in GW1 was about the same as this new system?

in PvP

KarlaGrey.5903

x)

I never troll.

I mean, why not?
yolo

you support anet forcing people to pay $30 for the extra char slots if they want to try out the new heals. Alot of people only have 5 char slots and are forced to delete 1 in order to play one of the other 3 professions.
It makes sense tho you not playing anymore and it not mattering to you. But 300k glory + 40g just to try out a new skill and If you delete your lvl 25, you just have to do it all over again or pay the $30 price tag.

Buy2Win Wars Hurray

Dude, game-making is not an automated process (yet), and pvp-making is a special beast in that category anyway.
It requires manual labour and results in loads of mental stress, and those don’t come free-of-charge. I think it’s a fair price to pay, if you’ve choosen to stick around. No one is forcing you to play, after all.

What if I told you I play 8 professions and need to get 200 skill points ? Hella fun right ? Especially for my PvP only chars on lvl 1.

If you told me that, I’d most likely tell you you’re playing the wrong game.

At the current cost if more skills are released, which I guess is the plan, it seems like it will be too expensive. For any GW1 players, do you think the cost/time of getting a skill in GW1 was about the same as this new system?

The great thing about GW1 pvp and skill unlocks was that you only had to unlock skills (either in pve or pvp) once for them to be unlocked permanently on your account (for pvp, at least) – any newly created pvp character therefore has instant and unlimited access to all skills in the game (long live the concept of a secondary proffession), bar for pve-only skills.

So yea, once you got through the initial slope of gathering enough balthazar factions (glory done right) to unlock them in pvp, or obtained them from pve, you could devote yourself fully to more important matters, such as playing pvp.

Us GW1 players don’t really think about such things though, because most of us are no longer playing the new-age game.

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: feliscatus.1430

feliscatus.1430

Just remove the cost in pvp like all other skills. Why create problems like this for zero benefit?

^^ THIS

in PvP

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

We already had a dev post about addressing the time investment it takes to unlock new skills for spvp by playing spvp. I don’t understand why you think spending the equivalence of 340g for 8 skills is reasonable for existing or new players that do not want to pve to pvp.

Also pvpers do not care about levels. Tomes of knowledge for pvpers are about skill points and not to level alts for a game mode that auto levels you to 80.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Luckily for me, I’ve focused more on WvW and PvE these past few months.

On the other hand, it’s not like my thief with ~270 skill points is going to be using Skelk Venom any time soon… No reason for me to buy that trash.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Alot of us dont have 8 char slots so we delete a char when we want to play another class.

The problem could be alleviated by making skill unlocks account-wide. This change would also help PvE/WvW players with a lot of alts (like those of us who don’t want to pay 200 skill points to get Antitoxin Spray on all eight classes).

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

I think the part that is bad design is you have set the cost between the low and high costs of the elite skills. The new healing skills are NOT elite in anyway. So lower level characters don’t have access to them as a valid build consideration, and high level players are asked to pay elite level skill points for me… not convinced.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

x)

I agree, let’s also make all skill points now require 250,000 glory to purchase. After all, you get glory for just playing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

No wonder ANet needed to add more ways to monopolise tpvp, you’re all such cheapskates.

I’m willing to bet I’ve spent more money on this game, strictly as a pvper, than you have.

In this particular instance, in lieu of templates, I have purchased characters slots. I have 28 characters. I’ll be kitten ed if I’m going to farm pve to get skill points for pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

using the lv20 birthday scroll instantly gets you to 16 skill points
then i popped 5 tomes of knowledge (a mere 7500 glory and 1g)
then did afew skill point things in the starting zone.

its really not that hard,

if you don’t want to spend any gold or glory just get a high level guildy and you could just do 25 skill point challenges in about an hour.

in PvP

Posted by: JuThai.7941

JuThai.7941

Yeah, using tomes of knowledge and birthday gifts do give you quick skill points – the thing is a lot of pvp’ers only have 5 slots and delete 1 or 2 chars on a regular basis to try out different professions, thus not seeing any birthday gifts. Furthermore some have more than one character of a profession because of the lack of templates (like myself) and we need to buy these 25 Skill Points for every single one of those characters. That’s just too much.
Despite needing to buy at least 3 additional character slots, it is against the original mentality of GW2 PvP. Everyone was supposed to be on equal footing when entering the mists. This was a given up until Dec 10th and it was a great feature to have.
Now you need to pay to be competitive – I know that’s not the case right now, but this is where this kind of thing is heading.

(edited by JuThai.7941)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I don’t PvP much, but I also agree that the new skills should have been auto-unlocked for PvP.

Then again, in the (current) case of Skelk Venom and Signet of Vampirism, perhaps this is a good thing?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Mank.2183

Mank.2183

I’m willing to bet I’ve spent more money on this game, strictly as a pvper, than you have.

In this particular instance, in lieu of templates, I have purchased characters slots. I have 28 characters. I’ll be kitten ed if I’m going to farm pve to get skill points for pvp.

Is that all purchases in total? I’m game. 10g? Joining 10 matches together?

It would appear ANet want some kind of progression in pvp skill acquisition. 25 points off the bat is definitely a bad idea, but I have a feeling some of these players are not going to be happy unless it’s account wide unlocks (and totally free too! /s), which could take a bit more time and work than ANet are wanting to do right now.

I’d give anything for build templates though. Anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

It is the principle that bothers me the most….that is TWENTY-FIVE Levels worth of Experience in PvE (not including the skill challenges of course)

Even a PvE player would HATE this as they are leveling….

Let’s take a look at possible issues:

In PvE, you must unlock TIERS of skills (utilities and elites) to unlock more….this is a massive skill point investment in and of itself. Add on top of that a single, SINGLE, healing skill costs roughly the equivalent of an ELITE skill….yes a healing skill that is more than likely worse than the others available….costing roughly EIGHT times the amount of exp/levels/skillpoints of it’s supposed equals.

Was this not even on the minds of the people who had the idea? Did they actually try leveling a brand new character to see how long it would take to unlock this new skill? And not in a biased way either, legitimately leveling, unlocking utilities as you gain your unlocked slots etc. your elite skills, and playing normally?

Completely absurd, this is not an “end-game” skill, and it should not be treated as if the only people attempting to access it is a level 80 sitting on hundreds of skill points…

Facts:

- It takes 20 skill points to simply unlock the final tier of utility skills, and those skills in tier 3 cost 6 each.
- Elites cost 10 each, and require 20 total spent points to unlock the final tier.
- The final tier Elite skills cost a mere 5 skill points more than the new healing skill.
- The equivalent skill points for a single new healing skill is more than 10 utility skills combined.
- The cost difference between the new skills and previous is a whopping 8x accumalative.

You guys really, REALLY need to work on your “no grind” philosophy….or at least hire someone who can equate basic mathematics…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

(edited by Zietlogik.6208)

in PvP

Luvboard.3567

Temp disable cost until you guys figure out an appropriate response in the next major rewards release.

And if its a “drastically different system” we are wasting glory and gold on TOMES right now? is that what your saying since thats what the topic is about?

Tell me when I can play again. I cant play the classes I want because I only have 5 slots and need to delete 1 in order to play a 6th prof which requires me to get 25 skill points every time.

(edited by Luvboard.3567)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Ya remove it for now atleast. Us pvpers dont have any money to spend on the game anyways your just stopping us from switching classes.

ITS NOT COOL ANET

Oh, you don’t want to pitch in to fund the game the rest of us enjoy playing?

Well, don’t be surprised if the rest of the paying customers have little mercy for people who don’t pay towards the game and can’t be bothered to obtain 25 skill points.

in PvP

Luvboard.3567

Ya remove it for now atleast. Us pvpers dont have any money to spend on the game anyways your just stopping us from switching classes.

ITS NOT COOL ANET

Oh, you don’t want to pitch in to fund the game the rest of us enjoy playing?

Well, don’t be surprised if the rest of the paying customers have little mercy for people who don’t pay towards the game and can’t be bothered to obtain 25 skill points.

anyone in forums bought the game, whats that called? Idk not sure many got the game for free yet and hasnt supported the game.

edit:
+ its something that worked perfectly fine for the 1st year of GW2, could make a lvl 1 char and play spvp with everything unlocked. Wanted to play a 6th prof delete a char and make it, cant anymore

Now they changed it, not sure why?

ANET
Temp disable the cost until the next rewards patch until the next big rewards release patch comes.

(edited by Luvboard.3567)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The time investment for any kind of power: Stats upgrade/skills unlock should always be zero in PvP. It was never a good idea to have it higher than that.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

We shouldn’t have to unlock new skills in PvP, the whole point of sPvP is to ave everyone be on equal footing, this is not doing that…. Not to mention the skills for sPvP aren’t even unlocked by playing sPvP, they’re unlocked by playing PvE….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

I was kidding around about the 25 skill point cost of the new healing skills when they were not out yet just based on the Toxic Spray healing skill that first came out. Then I lol’d that they did the same for the new ones.

If healing skills cost 25 skill points, how much would new Utilities and Elites cost? 50? 100?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”